• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Should Be the Second Inductee in the TNA Hall-of-Fame?

Who should be the second inductee in the TNA Hall of Fame?

• Jeff Jarrett

• AJ Styles

• Other (mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
As Sting is the first TNA Hall of Famer, who should be inducted next?

In my opinion Jeff Jarrett should be the second inductee in the TNA Hall of Fame as Jeff Jarrett founded TNA and is a 10 time World Champion.

I think AJ is still to young. I guess jarrett is a likely option, although whether he actually deserves it or not is a question. sure he is a 10 time world champ, but he has alot of power in the company especially in the early days... I dont think the hall of fame needs to be a yearly thing

Double J, for sure.

The guy founded the company for crying out loud. Whether him abusing his position in the early years was good or bad is up for debate. Personally, while I do get the point of this not being good, I also realize that TNA needed some awareness and stars at the helm to at least try to get bigger and more popular and at the time Jeff Jarrett was their biggest star, thus the belt would often go to him. I see both sides in this argument.

However, the guy should get HOF status within TNA purely due to him starting it. He also almost ruined it but thankfully Dixie saved the day.

After Double J has been inducted I think guys like Kurt Angle can squeeze in and get a spot as well. Perhaps even Tenay and Borash could do it too, it's not just for wrestlers I assume.

Jeff Jarett. I still think he should of been the first to be inducted as he built TNA and has been there from day 1. I do agree with Owen it should not be a yearly thing for TNA as they don't have enough guys who deserve it yet, and guys like AJ shouldn't go in till there futher in there career and close to retirement. But for the next guy Jarett.

Has to be Jeff and/or Jerry Jerrett, they started the company, they helped make it what it is today, they are no brainers.

It HAS to be Double J he started the company! If its not him that is just stupid AJ would be a good choice later in his career not now. Raven would be a good choice too but not before Double J.

TNA / IW is too young to have a HoF and sting shouldn't even be the first inductee. I think TNA have done this as a shot at WWE and so they can have their "own ???" Hall of famer

TNA / IW is too young to have a HoF and sting shouldn't even be the first inductee. I think TNA have done this as a shot at WWE and so they can have their "own ???" Hall of famer

^SMH^ :disappointed:

It should be Jeff or Jerry Jarrett for sure. They started the company, and what they have done in the business, they deserve to be in the HOF.

I believe that The Jarrett's should be inducted in to the hall of fame because they started the foundation in what has become a phenomenon that is impact wrestling and if it wasn't for the Jarrett's there wouldn't be a alternative to wwe.

The Jarrett's probably should have been the first inductee's. They founded the company, and Jarrett is a numerous time world champion. Sting is a good choice too for sure, but Jeff or Jerry Jarrett (hopefully both) should go in next.

I also believe JJ would have been a great choice but considering his last appearance in the company it could be awkward for some casual fans. I'm not sure who should be next, but they have plenty of great choices down the line. It should be a yearly thing, but with only one person a year like this first one.

Down the line in the future? Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Abyss, Jerry Lynn, Ron The Truth Killings, AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Sabin, Chris Harris, BG James, Kurt Angle, Team 3D, Storm and Roode for what they have done in tag team, god knows the sky is the limit for the rest of their single careers.

Knockouts? Def. Gail Kim and Awesome Kong, Angelina Love too.

Non wrestlers include Jerry Jarrett, James Mitchell, Tenay, Hebner, maybe even Cornette and Dusty Rhodes. Eric Bischoff, Scott D'Amore, Borash, Lee South, Hogan, Russo, Dixie Carter.

Some of these names should only be included after an expansion to the system and the number of entrants being inducted. I can't imagine a whole year towards some of these, but they have earned their spot in some way. I'm sure TNA's list of inductees will stand legit in the long run. No former rapists or actors for marketing and promotion. God knows Mayweather might make that hall of fame in the future.

It should definitely be Jeff. He should have been in first since he was one of the founders of the company and has done everything he could to make it a success. I guess you could also mention that he is a multiple time champion but of course he would book himself that way. However when I think TNA one of the first names I think of is Jeff Jarrett.

I would say Jerry should be inducted too but he has gone one record saying he wants nothing to do with the company. I don't know if his stance on that has changed or if he would be willing to put his differences aside and accept an induction or not.

I agree with the people that said there should only be one induction a year. There just hasn't been enough talent that is worthy of an induction yet.

The Jarrett family for sure. It would have made more sense to put them in first seeing that there would be no TNA without them, but since they chose to go another rout it only makes sense to put them in next. They could solve this entire debate by taking a page from WWE and having multiple inductees.

Jarrett. AJ is a definite future Hall of Famer, but he's still regularly active, and has a long way to go. Jarrett is heading into the Sting "special attraction" category. Future inductees should include Angle, AMW, Daniels, Joe...again, all still active (except Chris Harris, but he ain't making it as a solo). So I don't know who would go next. It was too soon to start one, but I guess they wanted to cut off Sting from WWE, and just find a way to stick it too them. A lot of guys who made an iMpact in a short time...Triple X, Homicide, Ron Killings...maybe Raven? Monty Brown? Bobby Lashley? (kidding!) I guess the Jarretts are the obvious choice...maybe Mike Tenay after that.

Jeff Jarrett, and no one else even comes close to having a valid argument for why they should be inducted next. Jarrett should have been the first one to go in, rather than Sting. He started the company, held the world title multiple times, and has provided many memorable moments for the fans. Few have done more for the federation than he has. Since he could not be the first induction, Jeff Jarrett definitely should be the second. He has more than earned it. I honestly am surprised that Sting went in before him in the first place.

An argument can be made for AJ Styles as well, although I would put him in third and Jarrett as the second. Styles has won accomplished just about anything he can in TNA but the main argument against him being inducted second is that he still has many years left of being an active full time member of the roster, right now it's too early to consider inducting him. Jarrett is closer to where Sting is at, near the end of his in-ring career. It makes sense to induct him at this point and I hope he is the next to go in.

I get why TNA wanted to put Sting in first- WWE haven't managed to put him in their HOF yet, so its a coup (albeit a little one) for TNA to publicly induct The Stinger as their first HOF entry. However, I think it should have been Jeff Jarrett.

There is no doubt that Jarrett will be the next inductee, and he should be. As much as I have never been that much of a fan of his in-ring work, the fact Jarrett basically started TNA as a company, held the world title for what seemed like years in the early days of the promotion and was a part of nearly all the major angles in the company in that time makes him the logical choice. He put his heart and soul into TNA more than almost anyone else.

AJ Styles WILL go into the TNA HOF, but there is plenty of time for him to be inducted. He isn't coming to the end of his career like Jeff Jarrett is, AJ will more than likely still be a major player in 5 years or so while Double J will probably be retiring within a few years. AJ has won EVERYTHING in TNA numerous times, so he more than deserves an entry at some point. He is Mr TNA to me.

Kurt Angle is another guaranteed entry into the HOF, and if he plans on going part-time or wrestling less in the next couple of years I would probably induct him before Styles. Angle going into the HOF would be a nice end to his TNA career when he calls it a day.

I would also like to see Raven get inducted at some point. He was a major player in the early days of TNA, and it was great to see him finally win the NWA World Title in 2005. Christian Cage will also be inducted- probably the year he leaves WWE whenever that is.

TNA / IW is too young to have a HoF and sting shouldn't even be the first inductee.

why? wcw had a hall of fame and wwf(in its current form) wasn`t that old when they started their hall of fame.

Jeff should be there. I am surprised they didn`t induct both to tell the truth but Sting`s was as much political as it was for his contribution so it isn`t too surprising. AJ and Angle will probably be next but after that, it is a little open for grabs as there are a ton of future guys who are still wrestling(they might need to hold off on AJ because of that).

Double J is a really good choice for the second enductee of the TNA hall of fame as he did found the company but there would not be a company without the wrestlers who put it on the line each and every night. AJ Styles, James Storm also deserve to be added as well as they have helped make TNA what it is today.

why? wcw had a hall of fame and wwf(in its current form) wasn`t that old when they started their hall of fame.

Jeff should be there. I am surprised they didn`t induct both to tell the truth but Sting`s was as much political as it was for his contribution so it isn`t too surprising. AJ and Angle will probably be next but after that, it is a little open for grabs as there are a ton of future guys who are still wrestling(they might need to hold off on AJ because of that).
Wcw's hall of fame was very different than the other HOFs we are discussing here. Noone in the first class was. WCW wrestler, and every single wrestler inducted in any year had a very long career in wrestling long before WCW was formed. There is no comparing WCW's HOF to even WWE's, much less TNA's.

It never set well with me that WWF called their HOF "the professional Wrestling Hall of Fame" when they only inducted people who had worked for them. I Always thought it should be called "the WWF ( now E) Hall of fame"

I actually think the WCW model was more worthy of the name, because they just wanted to induct those who deserved it, regardless of where they did or did not work.

Now....who should the second inductee be into the TNA version? The obvious names certainly come to mind. JJ, AJ, Angle...yes, they are all worthy.

But how about D-lo Brown? He wrestled for them a long time, and has worked in the back for longer. He should at least be a consideration.

As much as it pains me to say it, Abyss should be considered. Former champ, loyal to the company, has proven he will do whatever it takes to be a productive member of the roster. I never liked him, but you cannot deny his contributions.

Yeah. I voted for JJ, though. No-brainer, really.

Jeff or Jerry Jarrett are the only choices here. Styles is not one. He still has YEARS left to perform, as does Daniels, Joe, Storm, and a number of the other would-be future hall-of-famers.

Jeff and Jerry are TNA. They are the reason the promotion exists in the first place. They're the ones who stuck their necks out and put it al on the line to get TNA on the map, and as such they're the ones who TNA brass should be looking at to determine who among the two deserves the nomination most.

I have to agree and say that Double J should be the next enductee in the Hall of Fame. If it was not for Jeff and his farther then there would not be a TNA in the first place. He is a Mulitiple time TNA champion and was the biggest draw for the company for many years.

As for AJ, now is just not the Time. Styles is a great talent and has done a lot for TNA over the years, but he is still young and has a lot of years left before he hangs up his boots and calls it a day. There is no question that Aj will one day be a hall of famer, Its all just a matter of time.

I believe TNA will be doing their HOF not as a TNA-only situation, and that will be the best route to go down. Straight away i think we could count Bruno Sammartino in the mix for next year, and with a ready made inductor in Kurt Angle, this is the perfect fit. The two have a mass of admiration for the other. quite frankly this is a must and a real no brainer. Bruno would bring so much prestige to the event, it would be a true shot in the arm for tna over wwe. age dictates this needs to be put in place before anyone else is even considered.

One choice in my eyes. TNA please do the right thing. inductee #2 Bruno Sammartino

Sadly though, if he' till around tna it'll probably be hogan.

Jeff Jarrett SHOULD HAVE been the first guy in and it would be a total travesty if he is not the second guy in.

He built this company. He ran this company. He gave guys like AJ Styles, Robert Roode and James Storm a platform. He deserved the honor more than any other person.

No matter what you think of him as a booker or as a champion or as a wrestler ... the simple fact is that he got this company going because he refused to be held down by the WWE. And it has provided at least one other show to watch for all wrestling fans here and that is something worth noting.

It's gotta be Jarrett, Hogan or Bischoff. Hopefully it'll be Jarrett, but considering he's not that old and still a good few years away from retirement, maybe someone else'll get the spot.

I believe TNA will be doing their HOF not as a TNA-only situation, and that will be the best route to go down. Straight away i think we could count Bruno Sammartino in the mix for next year, and with a ready made inductor in Kurt Angle, this is the perfect fit. The two have a mass of admiration for the other. quite frankly this is a must and a real no brainer. Bruno would bring so much prestige to the event, it would be a true shot in the arm for tna over wwe. age dictates this needs to be put in place before anyone else is even considered.

One choice in my eyes. TNA please do the right thing. inductee #2 Bruno Sammartino

Sadly though, if he' till around tna it'll probably be hogan.
Wow. Just wow. You could not possibly be more correct. The thing that has always bothered me about Vince's version is that everyone in it has worked for Vince at some point, ignoring those who have not. Even inducting folks who have no business there, but only made celebrity appearances at WWF/E events.

Bruno would show that the TNA hall of fame was serious about the business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back