• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should be the next team I should do a Madden 11 franchise with?

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've done the Steelers countless times, and I recently went about 15 years into one. I started a new one with the Cardinals, but I'm quickly getting bored half way through my second year. I intend to go about a season or two more, then calling it quits.

Who should I do my next franchise with? I already did the Saints, went about 18 years into that one. I mainly want to focus with a team who needs a Quarterback, as I want to use a created guy (99 overall in everything type of beast).

If the team isn't that successful, I would also be interested in re-locating to Las Vegas with a complete gimmick change.

Teams I refuse to use:
Patriots
Bungles
Ravens
Browns
Colts
Raiders (already did a season specifically to re-locate them)
Cowboys (Potentially could be used)
Redskins (Would mainly just be boring)
Packers (I would consider it, but being SB opponents, that's a no-no)
Vikings (already did a decently long one, not interested again)
49ers (Too successful, wouldn't want to repeatedly be going to the SB with)

Teams in high consideration:
Lions (they haven't won a superbowl, and I intend to re-locate shortly after)
Texans (Also haven't won a superbowl, but not also would be boring)
Panthers (Would get boring after one or two years, but possibly worth it)

I'm looking for a team that's...colorful, exciting. That would be fun taking a rookie 99 overall QB, and shitting on any team that plays us. I want a nice location, and a place that is decently popular. I would most likely move the team.

Last option- I create a team stationed in Las Vegas. Create an entire team, or at least create a few starters, and attempt to draft Free Agents for the rest (I don't want doubles in the franchise, that get's a little odd and confusing), and play the franchise out as that.

I don't really want to play as a boring team, with a dull type a city/theme. Think of the storyline, that motivation. Detroit will be played eventually though, but I think I'll hold off on that for awhile. I'm really think the last option though, but I'm not sure if the team creator has free agents labeled, or if I'll have to run all over the place trying to find out if their on a team.

If I'm not doing a franchise with GB, then I'm usually taking a team that is utter shit & has a lot of cap room to work with

Jacksonville.

They have a shit QB, not a great team, and will be relocating anyway in the coming years.

Here is what the uniforms would look like if I did a create team (not sure if the link would correctly work/give all the information) I created that team back in July for NCAA football. Based of a team I used in a franchise, except based in Pittsburgh instead of Las Vegas.

Jacksonville.

They have a shit QB, not a great team, and will be relocating anyway in the coming years.

They also didn't go to the Superbowl, so it could be a strong storyline. Perfect for relocation as well. Not to much of an exciting city nor do they have attractive team colors, but I will be relocating after 2 years, so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

If I'm not doing a franchise with GB, then I'm usually taking a team that is utter shit & has a lot of cap room to work with

I did that with the Bills. I turned a franchise that is running into the ground, and turned it into a superbowl winning team. The Bills are happy, Buffalo fans are going wild......and then they move to Las Vegas. Boy, we're those fans pissed.

I never got into remaking a team, with unique uniforms. It isn't that I couldn't come up with something unique, it's just that it takes too much time and has too little pay off.

Madden, for some reason, isn't like NCAA in going several years into the future. Once you get beyond the first 5 seasons of any team - you begin having an overhaul of fake names all over your team.

I can deal with that in NCAA, because there are thousands of names, on hundreds of teams. I can't deal with that in a game with only 32 teams. I don't know why.

I love playing Arizona. They could use your 99 Overall rookie QB (which is bullshit, but that's beside the point) to hit Fitzgerald. They're also a pretty flawed team that would be fun to build up through free agency and draft picks. I love the first three or four seasons in franchise mode because you get to turn rookies into starters and make some significant free agent moves.

I never got into remaking a team, with unique uniforms. It isn't that I couldn't come up with something unique, it's just that it takes too much time and has too little pay off.

Madden, for some reason, isn't like NCAA in going several years into the future. Once you get beyond the first 5 seasons of any team - you begin having an overhaul of fake names all over your team.

I can deal with that in NCAA, because there are thousands of names, on hundreds of teams. I can't deal with that in a game with only 32 teams. I don't know why.

It does get really annoying. NCAA is actually better then Madden in several different ways, and hopefully Madden will catch up.

It's the little things. Like in campus legend, it shows video highlights. Madden can use that in The Extra point, or at least in your team's game. Also, the picture taker in instant reply. I always love taking a snap shot of an interception, or a touchdown catch, or a QB just as he throws the ball.

There is hundreds of things Madden can easily improve. I had a thread on coach mode that was fairly interesting, that was buried though.

I love playing Arizona. They could use your 99 Overall rookie QB (which is bullshit, but that's beside the point) to hit Fitzgerald. They're also a pretty flawed team that would be fun to build up through free agency and draft picks. I love the first three or four seasons in franchise mode because you get to turn rookies into starters and make some significant free agent moves.

Trust me, my whole franchise with Arizona is complete bullshit. I cheated all over the place. Ask Stormtrooper, I used draft cheat sheets, 99 overall characters, I turned salary cap and trade deadline off.

It was...pretty controversial. :shifty:

It does get really annoying. NCAA is actually better then Madden in several different ways, and hopefully Madden will catch up.

It's the little things. Like in campus legend, it shows video highlights. Madden can use that in The Extra point, or at least in your team's game. Also, the picture taker in instant reply. I always love taking a snap shot of an interception, or a touchdown catch, or a QB just as he throws the ball.

There is hundreds of things Madden can easily improve. I had a thread on coach mode that was fairly interesting, that was buried though.

I'm begging Madden's Online Franchise to add a salary cap next year. That and a more defined FA, so the Commish doesn't have to randomly cut people they FEEL should be cut.

As for NCAA, the recruiting is what wins it for me. That and in Madden, anytime a score is 30+-7, it becomes unrealistic. Yet, in college - it feels more than okay to happen every single game.

i know you said you would refuse to use them, but i use them on line when i play, and that is the browns, they have a pretty good squad, you just have to use colt mccoy as your qb, delhomme is no that good at least with mccoy you could scramble and hillis, and cribbs are mosters

I'm begging Madden's Online Franchise to add a salary cap next year. That and a more defined FA, so the Commish doesn't have to randomly cut people they FEEL should be cut.

As for NCAA, the recruiting is what wins it for me. That and in Madden, anytime a score is 30+-7, it becomes unrealistic. Yet, in college - it feels more than okay to happen every single game.

Exactly, my college team dominates every year, but that's normal. When in Madden, if you're playing as the Cards and they go 14-2 (When you're rookie all star got hurt and couldn't play those last 9 games, 2 of which you lost) that's when it get's unrealistic.

Luckily, another thing for the Cards. Although my games have been huge blow outs (70-7, 63-14, 49-3), their defense isn't as good...and the other teams offense takes away much more time. As the Steelers, i'd shit all over any team I played. I score over 100 points on all pro. It get's really annoying.

i know you said you would refuse to use them, but i use them on line when i play, and that is the browns, they have a pretty good squad, you just have to use colt mccoy as your qb, delhomme is no that good at least with mccoy you could scramble and hillis, and cribbs are mosters

I may stoop as low to try them, they were in consideration when I wanted to play as a shitty team and rehabilitate it, but I couldn't bring myself. I mean, there is fine line between a shitty team, and a team that shouldn't even come out of their locker room, and I wasn't ready to cross it.

Detroit. They've never won one, and those fans are probably the saddest people in all of sports, aside from Browns fans.

Detroit would prolly be the most fun given the talent you already have to work with, you'd just have to build a stronger defense, and work on the O-line a bit, and you should be an instant contender

You said nice location su don't do Detroit. Thats about the ugliest city in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said nice location su don't do Detroit. Thats about the ugliest city in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

detroit_skyline_dramatic_900x675.jpg

Yeah that Detroit skyline is pretty damn ugly:rolleyes:

Exactly, my college team dominates every year, but that's normal. When in Madden, if you're playing as the Cards and they go 14-2 (When you're rookie all star got hurt and couldn't play those last 9 games, 2 of which you lost) that's when it get's unrealistic.

Luckily, another thing for the Cards. Although my games have been huge blow outs (70-7, 63-14, 49-3), their defense isn't as good...and the other teams offense takes away much more time. As the Steelers, i'd shit all over any team I played. I score over 100 points on all pro. It get's really annoying.

It's probably not any fun because you jack up the rosters. How could that possibly be fun? I wanna work with the players I got and not cheat my way out into having a good team.

detroit_skyline_dramatic_900x675.jpg

Yeah that Detroit skyline is pretty damn ugly:rolleyes:

I think he didn't mean that literally, but more in the sense that the unemployment rate is so bad and so many people have lost their jobs, that it's not the most desirable of cities.

Why that matters when picking a Madden Franchise, I have no idea.

And I generally think dynasties on Madden are too easy. On 10 I went with the 0-16 Lions, turned the team into 16-0 while splitting time b/w Daunte Culpepper and Matt Stafford, and won the Super Bowl. On All Pro. I've pretty much stuck to college now (although I have a non-AQ team that's playing in the NCG in my 2nd season (and I've yet to lose a game in those 2 years)).

The Lions will get their turn, but I have to say...I went with the created team. Whenever I selected my roster settings, I decided to put it on cupcake. To make it more realistic, ya know...a new team isn't gonna have a bunch of all stars, no...they're going to have a bunch of bad rookies.

I also had to swap the team with somebody, so I actually took out the Rams. Just because if Las Vegas had a team, they'd be in that conference. That, and their standing record in 2009. Shame though, they basically make guys like Bradford and Jackson disappear. They should have put them in the free agents or something.

I think the highest overall was 71. Luckily I scrapped a few guys from the Free Agents, Antonio Bryant was now the leader of the team, and being he was one of the first ones on the team, I think I'll keep him for legendary sake.

I simulated the first year, for my sake. After playing the first pre-season game, and going into the locker room at halftime with a 0-35 score, I knew the season was going to be messy. We went 4-12. We actually won the last two games by a point, and both of them we scored in the last second. The other two games, one of them was also in the last second, and by one possession, the other one was just kinda a boring type of win.

In the off season though, I completely transformed the team that took 30th place in the standings, to a potentially Superbowl winning team. I was able to pick up Ryan Torain, Larry Johnson, and Brandon Jackson for Halfbacks. I got Bear Pascoe for my fullback.

Reggie Bush was in the free agents with a 79 overall. From my experience with him from the saints, I signed him, and did what I did before. Changed him to a WR. His overall went up 10 points. If you see Reggie Bush in the first year or two available, I suggest getting him. He is a way better WR then he is HB...at least in Madden.

I still had Bryant, I decided to make him a captain...since he was the only good player last year, and somewhat formed a leader ship to the locker room. Josh Morgan was 3rd string, followed by Davone Bess, Pierre Garcon (Who tore his PCL, is out for 10 weeks), and Anthony Armstrong.

I also imported a draft class, from my NCAA team. I had my cousin, who is a TE 99 overall. His backup is 84 overall, he was one of the people who got thrown on the team when I started.

The line consists of Mike Gandy, and another rookie from last year with an 82 overall. My two LGs are two rookies from last year, both 80 overall. My center is Jake Grove. Right guard is another rookie from last year, 81 overall. My two right tackles are Barry Richardson and Brandon Kieth.

My left ends are Adewale Ogunleye, Jarvis Green, and Jason babin. Right ends are Trevor Scott, and Irving Knight. My DT are pretty weak, I have Matt Roeaina, Tony Hargrove, and Thomas Johnson.

Linebackers are Chris Kelsay, Adalius Thomas. Now for MLB I have David Harris, Dannell Ellerbe, and Dan Connor. My right outside linebackers are so weak, I started my other MLB Kawika Mitchell for Right outside, with Dan Connor second string.

My secondary, CBs are Zack Bowman, Shawn Springs, Dimitri Patterson, Dwight Lowery, and Ellis Hobbs. Free safety is Dashon Goldson, back up is Ken Hamlin. Roy Williams at strong safety, and a rookie with 60 overall is his back up.

My kicker is a rookie from my team in NCAA, with a current 81 overall. Britton Colquitt is my Punter. I'll skip over kick return, kick off special, long snapper, etc. 3rd down back is Brandon Jackson.

Oh, and although I only have 71 overall, I started myself (who is also from the NCAA draft class) as QB. My other guy is the one who started last year, the rookie. The one who got thrown onto the team. And Trent Edwards plays 3rd string.

Wow, I doubt I didn't need to type all that, nor do any of you care. Lol, sorry.

It's probably not any fun because you jack up the rosters. How could that possibly be fun? I wanna work with the players I got and not cheat my way out into having a good team.

I find it quite fun. Yes, it get's boring after awhile, but who cares. I wanna try a real franchise one of these times, but I'm kind of nervous. Plus, I'm going to be pretty occupied with this one for the time being. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back