• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who IS the best Diva in WWE?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
So who is the best Diva in WWE?

In my mind the top candidates are;
Beth Pheonix
Natalya
Michelle McCool
Gail Kim

Who do you think? In my mind there are a lot of factors to consider.

The top 4 for me are:

Gail Kim - My favorite in WWE in terms of wrestling ability, it's a shame she isn't really connecting with the fans since she returned, but it's still early days, I'm looking forward to matches between her and Melina hopefully happening soon.

Maryse - She has improved more in the 6-9 months she's been wrestling than the likes of Michelle, Maria, Candice, Layla etc have in 3-4 years of trying, plus unlike most divas, she seems to understand psychology and how to work her character.

Melina - Not a big fan of her as a babyface, but when she was a heel she was the most entertaining diva IMO.

Mickie James - Even if she goes weeks or even months without winning a match, she still remains the most popular diva and gets a better reaction than most male mid-carders.

I know a lot of people might say Beth Phoenix, but to be honest, I've always found her to be boring. Also Natalya is supposed to be really good, but I haven't seen enough from her yet to really judge.

I'd have to say Beth hands down. I don't see why anyone cares about Michelle McCool in any regard, have never really been that impressed with Mickie, Natalya has been completely wasted up until this point by putting her as Victoria's jobbing partner and now being relegated to being a valet (and what is up with that stupid evil smile she keeps doing?), Melina has come along in leaps and bounds but her best matches ahve always been with Beth, and Maryse (while being smoking hot and admittedly has improved a great deal) is still very green imo. Oh and i couldn't care less about Gail Kim either

For like the best part of 2 years beth Phoenix has been at the forefront of the Women's division and rightly so. She has a great deal of skill, she has the power as well as some innovative moves and somehow, unlike a great deal of other talent (even in the men's division) you don't feel like you've seen any of her matches before. Since teaming with Santino and Rosa she's only warmed upto the fans even more imo, and am really intrigued to see where it all goes from here.

I would say Beth Phoenix, she is the best in the ring and have a realy good character. I'm sorry Mickey James is not being utilized that much, she is super good, but now she is missing something. An of course I have to say Kelly Kelly deserves a lot of credit, she has imporved a lot since she started, she had no clue about wrestling and now she wrestlers better than Maria, Candice and Michelle, I compare her to them because they were the same case, no clue about wrestling and sincerely with the time they already have they should do better. Kelly Kelly is simply better wrestler than those three.

Maryse is almost there, but still green. And I think the new divas (Bellas, Natalya, Katy Lea, even Alicia Fox) have a lot of potential. Just let them wrestle more.

As far as being entertaining overall, I'd say Beth Phoenix. She's really good in the ring, and being with Santino has made her character funny and interesting because they play off each other so well.

Maryse is a close second. Her ring work isn't quite up there with Gail Kim and Mickie, but she's getting better and better and plays her character so damn well.

Best Diva today, I would have to go with Mickie James because she consistently preforms at a top notch level, whether she goes over that night or not, unlike some divas, who I have noticed tend to reserve they're "best efforts" when they are booked to lose that night.
I do like Beth Phoenix as well, but the deciding factor, even though it's not really a respectable reason, would have to be that Mickie looks like a dirty bird and I'm a sucker for that, lol.

Maryse by a long way. I am a big Mickie James fan but she isnt attractive enough to be a big star like Lita or Trish. Maryse is by far the most attractive diva in my opinion which is actualy more important than wrestling ability when it comes to Diva's. 99% of diva matches are interesting because the diva's are attractive, the IWC need to realise that women's wrestling will never be the same as mens wrestling - its there as kind of like a sideshow (like crusierweight wrestling). That being said she's also an ok wrestler (for a diva) and her matches dont seem to drag on like most diva matches, so she is workable unlike Maria etc.

For me number is far and away Beth Pheonix. She wrestles her strong/dominant style very well, has learned how to properly sell the offense of the other divas while staying strong, and has gained the ability to tell a story in the ring. Also, she looks like a million bucks. She's not just a hot girl, she looks like a hot wrestler.

My next peg down goes to people like Mickie Gail and Melina, girls who are attractive, but can also hold down a wrestling match. Natalya is also likely in this category, but I haven't seen enough of her to judge. Michelle McCool too perhaps, she bores me silly, but at least she has some ability.

The bottom wrung for me is the pretty girls that simply can't wrestle. Maryse, Maria, Candice, the Bella Twins, Kelly Kelly... All pretty enough, but they simply bring nothing to the ring. They look awkward when they do or take moves, and are little more than eye candy.

Beth Phoenix is the best wrestler.
Maryse carries herself the best with her character.
Melina has the most "teh secks" factor.
Gail Kim is the most exciting.

But the woman that has the total package is Mickie James. It's like when you select Mario in Mario Kart. He's not the fastest or the strongest but he's the most consistent overall. No other woman in the WWE has numbers as high across the board as Mickie James.

...Michelle McManjaw? How does she even have fans? I dare her to go one match without botching a move or stumbling around like a deer caught in headlights.

Maryse- she is heads down the most entertaining female wrestler on the wwe roster. Sure Melina and Beth Pheonix are better wrestlers but their is no one who draws both the male cheers and the heel heat like Maryse. YOu may hate her, but you can't stop watching

Mickie James!!!! She Always Gets The Best Reaction. And She Is Actually The Best Diva Wrestler In Wwe. Except For Trish.

I think the best All Around Diva Wrestler is Melina....Beth is definately the strongest.. Gail Kim maybe the quickest but Melina has the all around package.

Alicia Fox- Havn't seen much from her but from what i've seen, i'm not impressed.

Beth Phoenix- By far the Strongest diva on the roster.. She surpasses everything that Chyna was.. She's a far better wrestler than Chyna and has shown that she has more than just strength in the ring.

The Bella Twins- They're alright but they move too slow for my liking.. I just havn't been impressed with them at all really.

Candice Michelle- Candice was really starting to improve before Wrestlemania last year.. While she was Womens Champion, she showed flashes of becoming a decent wrestler... But after that shoulder injury, she became scared.. She wasn't nearly as good after she cameback mostly because she was afraid to do anything that could reinjure that shoulder and in Professional Wrestling, if you go to that ring scared of hurting yourself, you most likely will.

Eve- Havn't seen anything from her really.. Shes been used mostly in throwaway segments.

Gail Kim- She maybe the quickest diva on the roster.. She moves lightning quick sometimes and she does more aerial moves than most of the divas...She's one of the few divas who's really exciting to watch other than her looks.. She just needs to figure out how to get over with the crowd other than yelling and screaming when she mounts some offense.. Once she does that, I see a Womens Title run in her future.. I'd love to see a heel Gail Kim versus a Face Melina for the Title... Gail works far better as a heel anyway.. Just look at her last WWE run before she left and look at how she started in TNA.. She may just need a heel turn.

Jillian Hall- She's decent but nothing spectactular... She can hold her own but I don't want to see her anywhere near that Divas Championship unless she's the one that keeps challenging but never actually wins the championship.

Katie Lea- Havn't seen much but from what i've seen during her feud with Mickie James, she's pretty decent.. I think she'd make for a good heel challenger to the Divas Title who never wins it.. Kind of put the face over type heel.

Kelly Kelly- She's by FAR the most improved diva on the roster.. When I watched her compete in ECW, I could barely watch an entire match.. I cringed when she was moved to RAW.. But since coming to Raw, she's done a complete 180 in terms of Wrestling.. Whoever's been teaching her or whoever's in charge of Divas Wrestling needs a raise for turning Kelly Kelly in to a pretty decent wrestler...Her acting skills still need ALOT of work but asfar as actual Wrestling goes I think eventually Kelly may surpass Mickie James as the face of the RAW roster to challenge for the Divas Title.

Layla- Horrible in my opinion.. She does alot of splits and cartwheels but asfar as actual talent, she's best suited for what she's doing now.. Danceoffs and Throwaway segments.

Maria- She was trying and actually improving in the ring... But once they moved her to Smackdown, she kind of stopped, like she no longer cared about being a good wrestler since she was no longer on RAW and it's showed.. In the few matches she's had on Smackdown, they've all been horrible. Maybe it's working with McCool thats done that.

Divas Champion Maryse- After Kelly, Maryse is probly the most improved diva.. She's got the combination of Athleticism and Attitude. She's the perfect heel diva... She's a throwback to the days of Sunny and Sable asfar as her heel persona and she's not that bad in the ring... I think, once she learns how to sell a loss(she came out smiling and laughing the week after Mickie James whooped her ass), she'll be the Best combination of Attitude and Ability on the Roster.

Womens Champion Melina- In my opinion, she's the best all around diva on the roster... It seems like she comes up with something new everyweek.. She's real over with the crowd.. She's the closest thing to Trish Stratus that the WWE has. I find it hilarious that She performed Suicide's finisher(the DOA), and she pulled it off better than Suicide(before Daniels played him) lol.

Michelle McCool- Is just horrible.. She's slow, can't perfect her moves the right way, and gets basically no reaction everytime she comes out... The only reason she's still employeed is her relationship with The Undertaker... When The Deadman retires, I expect her to be Future Endeavered, if she's not before then... She's only on Smackdown because they have no real heels.. If Gail Kim or Melina turn heel, expect McCool to be faded out.

Mickie James- Very athletic diva.. Shes agile, quick...The only problem I have is she botches way too many moves... It's almost impossible to botch a DDT and yet she does it frequently.. Shes better than just about every diva except Beth, Gail, and Melina... But she has to slow down.. I think sometimes the adrenaline catches up with her and she tries to move too quick, resulting in alot of her botches.

Natalya- Third generation Hart... She's obviously extremely talented.. She carries on the Hart tradition well but she's just missing that extra something that seperates her from the rest of the divas.. Maybe I just havn't seen her enough because she's mainly stuck in the corner of Tyson Kidd.. But I think a feud between Natalya and Beth Phoenix or even Natalya and Melina would be epic.

Rosa- Diva search girl who I havn't seen wrestle.. I don't even think she HAS wrestled since debuting on Raw but I could be wrong.. I'll reserve opinion until I see her compete.

With that said I think the Top rung of Diva Wrestlers is obviously Melina, Beth, Gail, Mickie, and Natalya.

The Second rung of GOOD but not elite Divas is Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Jillian, and Katie Lea.

The bottom of the barrel Divas who should be nowhere near the Womens or Divas Titles are anyone except the 8 I mentioned above... Michelle McCool bein the first Divas Champion still shocks me to this day and im a firm believer that the Undertaker had something to do with it.

I have to say it's Mickie James. She can really wrestle, as personality and mic skills (as shown with her Trish work and Cena) and she is beautiful but girl-next-door at the same time.

Only one of you mentions Katie Lea Burchill. I think we are gonna see some great things out of her to help revive the Diva division. Does anyone remember Night Of Champions last year when she went against Mickie James for the title. It was better than the ECW title match. She has the power to take on divas like Beth Phoenix and Natalya, and from the mic work she get's, she's always entertaining, plus I love the British accent. Maryse is stunning though in every aspect, looks, wrestling, and attitude. Mickie, of course, who doesn't love Mickie. Weakest in the whole league, I hate to do it, but I have to give it to Maria. Big round of applause though to Black Snow for making me laugh my ass off at "Michelle McManJaw" I can't stand her.

Right now Mickie is the best one, she is very good in the ring and is hot, different from all the models there but very attractive.

Now to mention someone who is one of the best and very, very misused is Katie Lea, man you can say she looks like a model but this girl is a former Queen of Kaos, Her name was Nikita in the U.K. and was very popular there, she can cut a promo, her in ring skills are great but for some reason the WWE does not see that, someone should let them watch her ladder match with Beth Phoenix at OVW and her matches with ODB thereto see she is a great wrestler and great on the mick too.

This is getting dangerously close to being closed due to the nature of discussing Divas and their hotness. But overall, the best diva on the roster right now has to be Melina. She has gotten worlds better in the ring, she's gorgeous, and she can work the stick, too...and has good mic skills too. OH! HAHA! See what I did there? With the working the stick...and...

Anyway, Mickie's great, too because she's gifted in the ring and she can teach the younger Divas how to perform in the ring. If this thread were made two months ago, I would have said Beth Phoenix, but she's trapped in the stupid Santina storyline and hasn't had a good match in ages, not to mention her doing the job to many of the Divas. Remember when she was unbeatable? Distant memory now.

Katie Lea is also grossly underused. She's gorgeous, has a great accent, and can wrestle as good as any of the Divas on the roster. Katie Lea is STILL Paul Birchill's sister, right? That has not worked out for her at all.

But yea, Melina's stepped up her game, plus she's great in a thong, so she's the best right now. Kelly Kelly and Maryse are not.

Well hopefully TNA will release ODB and we might have something worth watching MJ got fatter than hell, then lost it before WM...

I am a big Mickie James fan but she isnt attractive enough to be a big star like Lita or Trish.

Really? I expect better from you. In my opinion, Mickie is the hottest Diva in the WWE and she has well above average in ring skills. She can work a fast paced match and perform some exciting moves the other diva's can't. Plus, she has been in some high profile mathces with Trish, back when women's wrestling was actually decent.

Even if she wasn't that hot, there are other things that go into being a successful Diva. If looks were all that mattered, Kelly Kelly would be 5 time Women's Champion by now.

It's deffinatly Beth. She's the best talker, and she's the best wrestler. Hands down. Melina is amazing, but I don't think she's as good of a speaker as Beth is. Beth is amazing all around. You get the whole thing with her. She's the only one that can do both perfectly. Most have one or the other.

Natalya is amazing too. I think, as far as divas go, she'll be big one day. I think she's got the most skill out of all the diva's besides Beth and Melina.
But in my opinion, Beth is the best all around wrestler.

Melina, Gail Kim, Mickie and Beth are all great. The rest are average to poor and that includes the Women's champ Maryse.

I think Mickie James is the best Diva in the WWE. To me she is the complete package: good ring work, good on the mic, great looking, and over with the crowd. She has a good move set and can perform some pretty agile moves. She can work with almost any diva and make the match look passable, which is impressive considering some of the divas in the WWE. Side note, I do not see how people find Mickie unattractive, she's gorgeous.

The best diva?
hands down it has to be mickie james or melina.
MICKIE JAMES.
she is the most athletic diva of all. she can actually RUN, not walk/jog like most other divas. she is also the most cheered for diva out there, when she was in her fued with Beth, the fans felt for her when she was on the losing end of the match and, were very happy when she was the one to finally beat her. she just seems like she could be so much more physical in the ring than all others. big belly? who cares?
MELINA.
she is also one of the best divas around. she made the transition from MNM's valet to an actual top of the mountain diva, not to mention she has one of the best finshers in all of wwe, leap years ahead of the F.U./attitude adjustment(glorified firemans carry)/edges spear/twist of fate.

i cant believe some people are saying maryse. what has she ever done that we haven't seen before? all she does is a few kicks, and a few other UNIMPRESSIVE lame moves. Michelle McCool said it best when she said "all she does is a move, then her dumb hair swing thing then repeat"
while most are right about Beth being the stongest diva ever, thats not what makes a diva/wrestler great.
so, without a doubt, mickie james and melina are the cream of the crop. place one of them in a match with another diva and they'd have tone it down to be at the others level. all others "wrestle like a girl"

Athleticly speaking, i've got to give it to Melina and Natalya. Melina is one of the best wrestler on the roster and i don'T remember one of her match being a bad match. Even her matches with Candice a couple of year ago where good, so she can make any diva look good.

Has for Natalya, she was train in the dungeon and is part of one of the greatest wrestling family of all times, so you can even compare her with the other divas as far as wrestling is concern.

As far as getting people to care about woman's wrestling, The 3 that i think are able to make people cares enough about diva wrestling are Mickey JAmes, Michelle McCool and Maryse.

For some reason, Mickie James is love by the fans, i don'T really understand it because she not a great wrestlers, she pretty decent at best, same think goes for her look, she not great looking, just decent. Has far of charisma is concern, she not up there with the best of them but still people love her so that why i think she deserve to be in this category.

Maryse is somebody that started out of nothing, she somebody that didn't have any wrestling experience prior to joining the WWE. But looking at how she acts in the ring and how she wrestles, you could tell that it's only been 2 years since she starting wrestling. She one of the hottest heel on the Raw diva's roster and fans love to hates her. She easily becoming the next Sable and that a good think for the diva division.

Michelle McCool is a pretty good wrestler and since her attitude change as become a even better performer. Let face it, as a face, Michelle was boring and fans were starting to get sick of her but now she one of the most over diva on the diva roster. Like maryse, people just love to Hate her and this is a hard thing to do in the WWE.

Sure there are other that would deserve to be name the best diva: diva's like Beth Phoenix, Katie Lea and Kelly KElly are good wrestlers or in kelly's case, popular but they are missing one element. Kelly is wrestling knowledge, she'S good but still green and BEth and KAtie Lea are great wrestlers but people don'T care about them so i can considered them either.

So my five nominees for best diva in the WWE are

Melina
Maryse
Mickie JAmes
Michelle McCool
NAtalya

And my pick for the best diva in the WWE is: Michelle McCool, plain in simple the girl can wrestle and have people cares enough to stay and watch the match. She one of the most hates diva the roster and can actually wrestles so that why i pick her out of the five i name before.

Right now, I have to with Mickie. She is the 'veteran' of the diva group, has the maturity and can energize a crowd. Plus she has ring skills. I like the cute girl-next-door look as well. She does botch a few moves, but doesn't seem like she has to stop and think of what to do next like alot of divas.

Melina is a VERY close second.

Beth is next. She has skills, and from what I've seen is passable on the mike. Plus, she puts up with her cross dressing lesbiano boyfriend angle without marching through the curtain and kicking Creative in the nuts.

Next, there's a log jam between those who have potential vs. those who are currently over:

Maryse and Kelly Kelly - Their skills are improving, but have a ways to go. We're discussing Divas and looks count, and these two definitely get high marks there. Kelly is one of the most over Divas and Maryse is starting to get some traction with her character.

Katie Lea and Natalya - They both have monster potential but aren't getting used.

At around this level is Candice. Could probably move up if she could stay healthy. Gail Kim probably falls here. But instead of being hampered by injuries, she's hampered by the fact that WWE doesn't know what to do with her.

The rest all come next in and order that changes with my mood. I know that Michelle has her fans, I'm just not one of them. Same with Maria.

Lilian and Tiffany are not ranked above since they have different roles. I LOVE Lillian's voice. I could listen to her read the phone book. Tiffany is uber-hot, but that's about all she's been able to show so far.

Just my opinions.

To elaborate on my previous post, I just find the divas I mentioned are better wrestlers. (better in ring work) In terms of the champion Maryse, I don't find her wrestling to be all that great, but I do think she plays her character better then most and is at the top in terms of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back