Which one of Chris Jericho's gimmicks do you like best?

Which gimmick that Chris Jericho had was your favorite?

• LionHeart

• In WCW

• Y2J

• What he is doing now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Out of all these years Jericho has been in the wrestling business, I would like to know which role that he played do you like best. Did you like Jericho better when he wrestled around the world and in ECW as Lionheart Chris jericho? Or did you like him when he was in WCW? Or how about as Y2J? Or the gimmick he has right now, where he seems realy serious and claims he is the best in the world? Make sure you explain why it is your favorite.

Mine would have to be as Y2J but he pretty much played the Y2J gimmick in WCW too. My 2nd favorite would have to be the one he has now because I don't think anybody could do better at that gimmick than Jericho because he truly is the best in the world at wat he does.

I chose Y2J because he was hilarious. He made fun of steph every single week and although I was a Triple H and stephania fan, I loved every single joke. There was more personality and more put into this gimmick.Raw was and still is Jericho

On a side note:Y2J wore long tights and it didn't look gay lol

I will take what he is doing right now, over any other version, and it isn't even close. Jericho was pretty good as a face, as Y2J. But, he is absolutely brilliant as the heel. Some guys are just meant to be the bad guy. He has always been good on the mic, but as a heel, he gets to be more like himself. He is extremely comfortable on the microphone, he is smart, very well spoken, and has just the right amount of cocky. He isn't a full heel, he is the arrogant ass that you sometimes just have to root for, because you know deep down, he is right when he blasts whoever he is currently feuding with. You need to have guys like that. I love those tweeners who are capable of intelligent insults. I always have.

I voted for "What he is doing now" plainly because I couldn't choose any other and because there wasn't a "All of them" option.

I've always admired Chris Jericho no matter what gimmick he has portrayed over the years he's been active. Chris Jericho is legitemately what he says he is: The Best in the World at what I do.

Chris Jericho, will one day without a doubt be in the Hall of Fame; hell, I'd even hazard a guess and say that his place is already solidly set in pure golden stone.

He can put a guy over like nobodies business and no matter how many times he loses a match, he comes out the next time and still looks a million freaking dollars. There's no stopping Chris Jericho at all, his mic skills are perfect and there is NOBODY better in the ring than Chris Jericho. I've heard announcers say that Chris Jericho is a "master of 1005 moves" - and that my friends, it's most deffenitly the truth; he is a Wrestling God - no matter how many JBL mark's protest against it.

Chris Jericho is the best in the world at what he does and he truly has a gift from God. I like everything about Chris Jericho.

Post over.

Overall, I have to say what he's been doing for the past few years. I've always enjoyed Jericho either as a face or a heel, but one reason why I've especially liked him over the past few years is just how well he's done as a more serious heel character.

For most of his career, Jericho has come across like the wild, energetic front man of a rock and roll band, which I suppose is more or less who he's actually been in both his career and in his life outside of wrestling. But that sort of character doesn't really fly with me anymore when a wrestler hits a certain age. When Jericho made his return to the WWE roughly 3 years ago, he was almost 37 and a character change was needed in my opinion for Jericho to stay relevant. Jericho was approaching an age in which he could no longer be considered "young" and behaving like some young 20 something frat boy just wasn't going to cut it anymore in my opinion.

I voted for WCW, but really I'd vote for WCW and Y2J

The reason being, I like Jericho as heel, like now, which he was also heel in WCW, but I prefer the cruiserweight Jericho as far as in ring goes. Which was more WCW/Y2J era, so WCW because he was heel, not as good as now though, but was still a cruiserweight

gotta go with wcw for four reasons

1) EEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) Rufus
3) cruserweight, I think he fit in best there
4) was a heel, while all of his heel gimmicks are good, to me, that is far and away the best

(also had long hair which I liked a lot better than the short cut which I think looks ridiculous on him :: shrug :: not a real reason, which is why I didn't list it as one )

Y2J character was actually funny and interesting. I was entertained every week and it kept me watching. Nowadays, he is SO boring. Some people find him to be incredible for what he is doing, but I then don't understand why you hate Cena. Jericho has been the same character, saying the same things over and over, for the last year and a half. Cena has been the same for a way longer period of time, but still, you all hate him. Is it because Cena is a face and Jericho is heel? Either way, each person has done the same thing over and over with their current gimmick, and each one bores the shit out of me.

By far the best thing he's ever done has been in the last two years. His work with Shawn Michaels is one of the best feuds in wrestling history. I think he's putting on matches that are comparable, if not better than what he used to pull back during the Y2J era. 2010 hasn't really been that fantastic for his character, but he has done a great job of putting other guys over and making his various partners look great. I say this character has been my favorite, because I love watching fantastic heels, and Jericho is the best in the world at what he does.

Now, on the whole, his Y2J character has more history. It has more legendary promos with the likes of Christian, Edge, and of course...the Rock. Y2J had phenomenal feuds and matches, but he was always the cocky punk whenever he played a heel role. He was funny...or he was an ass. Sometimes both. His ring work was great, and overall it was extremely memorable. But that's what made it so cool for me when he "killed" Y2J and became Chris Jericho, by throwing Shawn Michaels through the JeriTron. The newer character is a respected heel who really has nothing to prove because he's done it all. I mean, he WON the feud with HBK. I have noticed that he's sorta been riding the steam from that feud ever since...and I'm really hoping he doesn't hang up the boots in the next few months, because I feel like the world could use Jericho on Raw for a long time to come...

But Cena has done it for 5 years and I liked him at first but he is way more boring than Jericho. He is almost as boring as Evan Bourne on the mic. He can't wrestle and Jericho can.

But Cena has done it for 5 years and I liked him at first but he is way more boring than Jericho. He is almost as boring as Evan Bourne on the mic. He can't wrestle and Jericho can.

The question was about gimmicks not matches. In my post I acknowledged the fact Cena has been doing his gimmick way longer than Jericho, but are you telling me a year and a half of literally the same dialogue and appearance doesn't get old fast? We are suppose to hate Jericho because he is a heel, so he has an extremely boring character, and the result is fans online love him. I don't get it. How is anyone entertained when he comes out and gives a segment? He calls the fans hypocrites, says he is the best, and that is all that is accomplished. How do I know he hasn't changed? I haven't watched RAW for about 5 or so months, turned on the 900th episode, and saw no difference at all with him.

Not only online but the fans in attendence cheer for him too but Jericho is just far more entertaining. He is so good all he has to do is go out there and call everyone hypocrites. Jericho could say he was a terrosist and would still get cheered.

Not only online but the fans in attendence cheer for him too but Jericho is just far more entertaining. He is so good all he has to do is go out there and call everyone hypocrites. Jericho could say he was a terrosist and would still get cheered.

Explain how Jericho is entertaining in his GIMMICK, not his matches. His gimmick doesn't even play a role in most matches, because he is a great performer in ring. If it shows, it makes it less interesting.

Lets say Jericho is coming out next for a promo, do you really not know what you will see? He walks out in a suit with no emotions, the fans boo and cheer (I believe they cheer Y-2-J, not Jericho), he calls everyone worthless and hypocrites, says he is the best, and then, like every other promo on RAW, someone will interrupt and we move from there. Do that for a year and a half and tell me what is exciting about that.

Cena's gimmick sucks as well since it is way longer and way staler (though Jericho's gimmick is to be stale), but at least there is emotion and energy. Jericho shows none of that leaving it to the fans to create it which they cheer for his old gimmick.

I'll be on later to discuss possibly.

It was a tough one but I also voted for what he's doing now simply because it kept him in the main event picture longer than any of the other gimmicks. Very close call because the assclown promos while he was Y2J was gold, gold i tells ya! GOOOOOOOOOLD!!

I voted for Y2J because while he was doing that gimmick, I was getting into rock more, and when he brought Fozzy in, it got me into them a bit

I chose Y2J. Simply because that's what entertained me the most. So don't be an assclown and tell my other-wise. :)

However, "The Best In The World At What He Does" benefits him more than his face run. Just because it has a lot more impact than Y2J. I like this gimmick too, but because Y2J entertained me a bit more than TBITWAWHD.

If I could vote for 2, then it would definitely be the ones I mentioned above.

ATAYOLLAH OF ROCK AND ROLL-AH! :)

I put how he is now but i also liked when he was Y2J but only when he was proclaming himself as the king of the world around 2002 that was my all time fav version of jericho

Davi323 he was a heel when he was Y2J too. Just not the whole time.

Completely different kind of heel though. Y2J was a jackass. An immature douchebag whose entire purpose was to be annoying. But, even then, he always went for the cheap jokes guaranteed to get chuckles. Y2J had no substance to his character. When your entire gimmick is to be a loud mouthed assclown, it isn't hard. Chris Jericho, now, has substance. He has style, panache, an arrogant attitude, but its deserved now. He is flat out better.

Completely different kind of heel though. Y2J was a jackass. An immature douchebag whose entire purpose was to be annoying. But, even then, he always went for the cheap jokes guaranteed to get chuckles. Y2J had no substance to his character. When your entire gimmick is to be a loud mouthed assclown, it isn't hard. Chris Jericho, now, has substance. He has style, panache, an arrogant attitude, but its deserved now. He is flat out better.

Are you saying anybody can play the Y2J role and that all you have to do is be annoying. Jericho never was and never will be annoying. He was hilarious and and was almost the best in the world back then. 2nd to the Rock. lol

I voted for Lionheart because I didn't see much of it.

I think Jericho is the most overrated guy on the stick. I know most wrestlers has catchphrases and they hammer it into your head. But Jericho's promos always come across as redundant, over complicated and forced to me.

For the gimmicks, just a little clarification, "Y2J" is his smart ass self before his sabbatical in 2005 while what he is doing now is his whiny self now? I would have to do go with what he is doing now. I think his matches since 2008 has been among his best in his career. Plus, he helped Wade get over on NXT. I can't hate on him because of that.

I think his matches since 2008 has been among his best in his career

How you figure? WWE all around has had shorter and far more worst matches in the upcoming years. Jerichos matches as Y2J were classic. He had a great match with Triple H in Hell in a Cell .Before that the Ladder Match at Royal Rumbe 2001 against Benoit was great. He had realy good matches with The Rock, Kurt Angle, Benoit, Stee Austin, Triple H, RVD, even William Regal. This guy could put on a 5 star mmatch with Zack Gowen lol.
Sure he has had some good ones since 08 but if you go back and watch his matches as Y2J you will know what I mean.

Are you saying anybody can play the Y2J role and that all you have to do is be annoying. Jericho never was and never will be annoying. He was hilarious and and was almost the best in the world back then. 2nd to the Rock. lol

No, that isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is that as a matter of personal preference, I much prefer adult, mature villains. Acting like a jackass is easy. Doing what Jericho does now, and being good at it, is difficult. Its the difference between being unsophisticated and sophisticated. I respect the sophisticated villains more, because it is harder to pull off effectively.

Actually it is harder to play the Y2J role because the one he has now, all he does is cock his head and call the fans complicated names. But I look him during both gimmicks and I respect your opinion.

Y2J, because I felt that gimmick encapsulated everything I dug about the Attitude Era. From his look, to his in-ring style, to the plethora of very colourful and innovative insults he'd throw at people in his promos. I remember particularly fondly his persistent mispronunciation of "Benoit" and referring to the Wolverine as "Mr. Robotto". There were countless other examples but that one sticks in my mind. He had great feuds/matches over the Intercontinental title as Y2J and that gimmick worked wonderfully as either face or heel. I also love his present gimmick, though I'd like to see a return of the Y2J character before he hangs them up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back