Chris Jericho. Old or New?

The new Chris Jericho is what Raw needed. When he returned last year, I was all hyped up and then, That hype died. So all in all.. I prefer the new Chris Jericho to the old Chris Jericho. But I will say this.. The old Jericho would be welcomed back on my tv screen if WWE decide to switch him back to a face.

The "new" Chris Jericho is Jericho's best work int he WWE to date. This gimmick is a beauty, and Chris plays it well. There is so much psychology to this side of him, if I may be so bold, that it's captivating and it draws you in. You do forget that he is acting, as Rusty stated, I believe. This character gets at the core of your evilness and as a result makes you respond more vocally, with more emotion -- and with one emotion in particular: hate. I get the feel of an old school mentality in this gimmick, but with a new, fresh twist because it's done by Jericho.

Jericho is one of the main reasons I tune into Raw weekly, and have gotten back into watching the WWE in general. When he returned,so did my interest.

when jericho returned alot of people had there doubt's i never did jericho has always been a master of the game. people tend to hate changes and think the old version are better but once there brought back they never live up to the hype. but as for new jericho vs old,im glad he cut that hair ,we all gotta grow up some time and hes not a rebel kid no more,i think this look is much better ,not a fan of the suits though cause well thats not jericho's style ,he just going with how a champion looks i guess,but ether way clearly vince changed his mind about jericho and now jericho is on top of his game and him and edge are carrying the heels of wwe

the OLD chris was much better! he was more entertaining, funny, and awesome. now, he is a total asshole.

Uh, dude, you know it's scripted right?

Anyway, it's a hard choice. As a solo perfomer, I'd prefer the old Jericho, simply because he was more entertaining, he made funny promos, but the problem was you never really hated him.

The new Jericho does that ONE thing different than the other Jericho, he makes Raw better. His new character is way better and making other people look good, and he's actually a great heel now.

I don't know if it's just me, but I never considered Jericho a fully fledged heel before this new gimmick. He was always a tweener in my eyes.

New Jericho, without a doubt. I like the new Jericho way better than the old, reason being I'm 100% positive that back in the day, he'd never be able to pull this off. It can't be hard for Chris to revert to the way he was, but you know he couldn't have pulled off this new role without months of preparation.

His promo's hook me the exact same way his flamboyant ones did. I don't know what it is... but it's there. Everytime I hear "I am Chris Jericho", I can't help but watch man. And I love when he calls everyone hypocrites, just because it's so annoying. And his promo monday was hella great. "Don't touch me again I will have you thrown out." The man is a genius, and if it weren't for my liking to heels, I'd hate Jericho more than any other.

Definitely old for me. Jericho just looks out of place with the short hair and the short tights. To me Chris Jericho will always be the guy with long hair that puts on good matches and top notch promos. That character just worked for him for so long that I could see why he'd need a change, but this new Jericho doesn't seem to measure up to the old one in my eyes. However, with the redebut of the Liontamer, a lot of the old Chris is starting to shine though, which is nothing but good for me. Throw in the codebreaker and you have a somewhat hybrid Jericho with a good blend of the old and the new. Either way he's great, so I'm splitting hairs.

While the new jericho is great I just about prefer the Y2J gimmick simply because its what made his name and shot him to being one of the greatest wreslters of the modern era. Also with the Y2J gimmick it can be used as both a heel or a face whereas in comparsion the new jericho can only be a heel.

I didn't like Jericho as a face, or an "over" heel, so I'll go with the new Y2J of the choices given...

My favorite Jericho is always going to be the old school Jericho from ECW and WCW...the "Lionheart"...the Master of 1000 moves...

He had one match with Malenko (I'm thinking it was on Nitro...maybe it was a PPV), where they put on an absolute wrestling clinic...It was a great match, great back and forth, and I believe Jericho won with a Texas Cloverleaf, essentially beating Malenko with his most popular move (besides the Crossface)...

I gotta say this is a pretty tough choice. Both Jerichos are very entertaining. WCW Jericho had the Lion Tamer and that was better than the Boston Crab he does now. The Y2J gimmick was hillarious; he made fun of the Rock, Benoit, Hunter, Steph. Everybody got it from him. The new Jericho is going over really well and is definately a very good heel. I say, if he sticks to the Lion Tamer he put on Cena 2 mondays ago then this Jericho would be the best.

I must admit... I'm going to be a little bit bias on this one. you see, I will argue to anyone who listens to me that Chris Jericho was far more original as his old heel form then he EVEEERRRRR (Sorry, I was compulsed) was in this new form. I feel that he was in his prime at WCW (where he was considerably misused) as the character who talked too much trash, and then when confronted about it, would get his ass kicked. In his days at WCW, crowds will tell you they came to watch Chris Jericho get the piss beat out of him. That, I feel, is the exact job of the heel: make the crowd so irate, that they are paying money to come and watch you get your ass kicked. Granted, WCW never capitalized on that, and never put him up against a stronger opponent than Dean Malenko, but there was so much potential there. Anyone remember his little stunt at Fall Brawl 1998, when he called out "Goldberg"? I know when I was sitting at home, I was praying Goldberg would come out and destroy him (Of course, I was ten at that point, but the fact still remains.)

Jericho knew how to work a crowd in those days... Granted, he still does, and does it better than most anyone in WWE now. But something about his days in WCW seem almost untouchable. Hell, WWE came close to debuting Jericho the right way, by having him take his first crack at the Rock upon his debut (The only problem was the Rock proceeded to bury him afterward). It's just that no one, for whatever reason, wanted to give Jericho the kind of spot he has now. Kind of ironic, in a way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back