Chris Jericho's value

punk is gold

Occasional Pre-Show
During raw michael cole mentioned that if chris jericho could beat r-truth he might be in line for a future u.s. title shot now this got me to thinking chris jericho constantly tells us he's the best in the world at what he does and it's very hard to argue,the great matches(too many to name)entertaining promos etc. a sure lock for the wwe hof,that being said you gotta think he's approaching legendary status so my question is Does anyone else think Y2J is above a midcard title.

Nobody is really above a mid card title. He could go for it just to put somebody else over in a few months time. Yeah the titles mean shit at the moment but giving them to somebody that can do wonders with it will build the title up making it mean more. a fued between say Jericho and R-truth will build Truth up making him red hot, but it also gives Jericho that one more title reign.

Every feud he's in end up in him putting somebody over and I'm sick of it .And I'm sure most would agree that John Cena for one at this stage in his career is way above both midcard titles the same goes for the Undertaker,and triple h

It just shows that Jericho is a class act, behind the curtain. He's willing to use his world class skills to put people over, and he's not bitching about it. When he's as amazing as he is, and has the ability to everyone over, and he's willing to let it happen, then so be it.

Trips put over Shame-us.
Taker put over Thwagger.
Cena just gave a huge rub to Bourne.

They're 'above' mid-card titles, as you say, but, Jericho is doing a job, and an amazing job at that. Plus Truth beating Cena isn't believeable. Jericho beating Cena is. Truth beating Jericho is believeable. It's a paradox.

In my opinion, Jericho has done what he's wanted to do in wrestling. He's transitioning into music, and he's putting over talent. He's the first ever Undisputed Heavyweight Champion, by beating the Rock and Austin in one night. Sounds like a pretty story-book career to me.

I can agree with TheLunatic that jericho is a class act but you have to agree him putting over heath slater on nxt was not only absurd but heath's not even on the show anymore which makes it even more ridiculous.I just can't understand why the wwe's arguably two greastes heels at the moment are constantly jobbing,jericho along with punk.

They treated it like an upset. I was shocked when I saw he lost but not really. His character makes people hate him better than most people in the wwe because he is not the best in the world at what he does. I don't mean I don't think he is the best superstar because I think he is, but he does loose a lot. There are different types of heels. He is the one who can loose and then say he is the best. Not every heel can dominate matches with midcards like Orton or sheamus. He just makes u hate him because he can get beaten but still come out like he's the best. Wwe knows he doesn't need to win to be a main event heel because his talent on the mic makes up for it. Plus, again it was an upset victory. Remember when kofi beat punk and orton by himself at the end of survior series, yet orton came out on top of that one. They are testing the waters with truth to see what reaction he gets when he goes over a top heel. I find it funny that people complain about the wwe not putting people over, yet they don't get this lose.

I'm a huge Jericho mark, and I don't like how much the wwe makes him loose, but he does his character well and WANTS to put people over. Hbk did, Rey does a lot and so do many veterans.

Jericho is the type of guy who can go from main event to midcard if need be unlike people like cena. In a way that makes him more valuable in my eyes. Plus he has accomplishments that set him above almost everyone else in the wwe including most of the main eventers.

1. 2 wrestlemania mainevents as champion
2. The most intercontinental championships ever
3. 6 world titles
4. The first person really be on every show on a consistent basis last year
5. The first ever undisputed champion with wins over the 2 biggest names in wrestling
6. The first of the new slammy awards for superstar of the year
7. The team captain and the person who got the win for the first and possibly only bragging rights.

I want him to win more and I do think he gets the short end of the stick in things, but he is one of the best ever and I respect what he does for the company.

in the last year or so jericho has held the ic, whc and unified tag belts, his fued with rey over the ic brought it back some major respectability. Jerishow did the same with the tag belts. Jericho (along with Kane) is a credible threat/choice for any belt, Jericho is a true professional and works to make the whole company better. Whether through main event feuds, appearing on 3 shows and a ppv in on week, or putting over talent.

above a midcard belt? not if that's what needed.

IMHO Jericho is the MVP of the WWE, most versatile/valuable performer.

His value is right up there with Triple H, Orton, Edge and 'Taker. He is a go to guy.

Its funny, cuz i was thinkin about something. Over in TNA, they were grooming AJ to be the "next Nature Boy." But if you ask me, its been Jericho....

This man has done it all, World titles, Mid card titles, bragging rights, talks with the best of em, has a crazy hair do lol, often wears stylish suits to distinguish himself among the "parasites", can work a helluva match with just about anyone, great heel, swagger and poise.

He has done it all, and will no doubt end up in the WWE Hall of Fame. My only Jericho complaint: Why have we not seen a Jericho dvd? They put a dvd out of Morrison, yet we havent seen one of Jericho!

Jericho is not above a midcard level title at all. Not even in the slightest. Jericho is a legend, but what separates him from guys like Flair and Angle is the IC strap would suit him just fine. He can do anything and everything. He could carry the European title if it were to resurrect. Jericho knows how to put somebody over without looking bad too. If I were to start a wrestling company and have carte blanche with my picks, he would be my #2, right after Angle. As long as Chris would call him Kurk Angel again.

Chris Jericho is a unbelievable worker and employee for the WWE. He puts over new talent with minimal amount of fuss in order to elevate them in their careers.

As someone has previously said, it wouldn't fit with R-Truth beating Cena or The Undertaker, but both Jericho beating them, and R-Truth beating Jericho is perfectly plausible.

He will probably be in the Fatal Four Way for the US Title, if not a singles match with R-Truth himself, with most likely the Miz and Evan Bourne.

Quite frankly Jericho doesn't need us all to list his accomplishments.He summaries it quite simply himself every week- He is the best in the world at what he does.

Chris Jericho is a very versatile wrestler, being able to wrestle in any of the "divisions" such as tag team, mid-card, and main event championships, Chris Jericho is usually being put in the mid-card feuds to make talents look better, and potentially making the championships look good by holding them and giving them credibility with the likes of how he held the Unified tag team championships, the way he held the Intercontinental championship both in 2009.

Chris is really not above any championship, it's just another thing to add to his resume, and Chris being put in an United States championship match or not, won't hurt anybody, it will only keep benefiting because of Chris' ability to work with anybody.

Jericho has always been in that position...he would go for any title...he will go from IC title to world, then jump back to IC title...all because of the feuds...he would even to tag teams aswell...either way, in any type of match he is in...he will always perform at the top level...even if he opens the show or closes the show...thats the best thing about jericho..i don't think he cares about having title reigns..he performs for us fans and he sure as hell entertains us everytime, win or lose...

i have been a fan of chris jericho since his wcw days. so i have mad at how they are treating him even if he is putting people over why make him lose every week.
he deserves more than that, and i wish they would make him face. he is by far the best at what he does. wwe needs to treat him better. and not put him in loser storylines that get him made fun of by washed up actors yes im talking about you mickey

What I would say is "why would you 'waste' a belt on Jericho for any length of time. Jericho is so good on the stick that he doesn't 'need' a strap. Usually when WWE puts a strap on him, it's less to make HIM credible - and more to make the STRAP credible again. Or to get a lower tier talent up.
They've done it just about perfectly for him, too. He has "accomplishments" that he can talk up, without withholding the belt from guys who need it to make you care about them (Cena, Batista, Mysterio, Sheamus). He gets a belt often enough to stay a major attraction - even while he jobs to up and comers. He gets more heat (real passionate heat) just walking to the ring BEFORE HE EVEN OPENS HIS MOUTH than most guys can get with three minutes of mic time.
He understands his "character" and WWE booking seems to give him enough room to make it work. Genius. F'n genius. I hope that he eventually gets a chance to book for a biggish company. He'd be interesting.
Any money marks reading this: put together a midsized promotion, let jericho and raven book/write it. We'll watch. We'll buy merch. We'll laugh like hell.

The one thing that has always amazed me about Jericho is that he never seems to lose credibility as a wrestler or have his "status" drop, no matter how much he jobs or who he jobs to. Its a very unique thing about him...he can job to the brooklyn brawler for a year straight and still be viewed as one of the best in the business and be a title contender.

Very few people can pull off what Jericho does and continue to be viewed as "legit". Jericho does it perfectly. I dont know how he does it, but he does. Does anyone view him any less after Jobbing to an NXT star? Or to R-Truth? Or to anyone else he's jobbed to the last few years? Its truly remarkable and I simply cant explain how he does it.

Major props to Jericho, he truly is a "company man" if there ever was one.

I knew Jericho was something, and could be huge, when I saw him feud with Malenko in WCW. You know the feud. Malenko was the master of 1,000 Submissions and Jericho claimed he had more. and did a promo with a list of submission moves that was actually funny, and ego-tastic IMO. I saw it and said that this guy will be big. And his list of accomplishments proves it!

Greydon, the use of "armbar" over and over again was CLASSIC. "Full nelson, three quarter nelson, half nelson, seven eighths nelson". Brilliant.

Chris Jericho's value is never higher now. He could retire today and he'd be a first ballot Hall Of Famer. I think enough people have listed his accomplishments, but even with just that accomplishment of beating The Rock and Austin in the same night to become the first Undisputed Champion I still look at him as one of the most succesful wrestlers in history.

I would love to see Jericho take up the mantle of Shawn Michaels. Jericho really doesn't need the title but everybody still wants to face him. Whether for title or not, whether it's against Cena or Funaki, Jericho will always bring his A-game to make himself as well as his opponent look good. He's loyal to his company and thus he gives back. A real "company" man like sevastra82 said.

I think only Jericho and myself agree, "Chris Jericho is the "unsung" face of the WWE."

In my honest opinion Chris Jericho IS WWE. I've said it before in previous threads about Jericho that without Jericho WWE wouldn't have done so well/doing decent (yeah I know the product right now is a bit blah). But let's take a look at Jericho.

While HHH was nursing his torn quad back to health, Jericho was helping the tag team division establish even more credibility.
Jericho's feud with William Regal years ago was HILARIOUS! "Spot of Pee Mr. Regal?". Yes I'm referring to when Jericho "peed" in Regal's tea.
Jericho has held amazing feuds with: Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge, Batista, Flair, HBK. You name it and Jericho has pretty much done it, and done it very well.
Jericho, as far as I know, hasn't used any backstage politics to weasel his way out of putting talent over. He has helped many stars move up a level. I've said it before and I'll say it again; if you want to elevate your wrestling career have a match and/or feud with Jericho. He is not only one of the best performers out there he is also one of the most cautious. I think back to when it was Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy and Hardy went for the whisper in the wind. Jericho could see ahead of time that Hardy was slipping and he ran forward literally saving the man's life. Hardy would have literally fallen straight down onto his neck had Jericho not rushed forward risking injury himself to push & hold Jeff on the top turnbuckle.
Jericho is a class act and he doesn't put himself above the business.
If he's told to put an athlete over, he does it.
If he's booked to win a title, he makes the champion look good.
Jericho has remained injury free and to avoid any major injuries he took time off to work on his music career and returned when his battery was fully charged.

CHRIS JERICHO: WWE'S UNSUNG HERO & FUTURE HoFer

Chris Jericho is good enough that when he retires, they should really change the name of the show to RAW IS JERICHO.

Okay, maybe they shouldn't go that far, but he will be an immediate hall-of-famer. He should be held up as a role model for future wrestlers that come after him. He was willing to work his way through very hard times, worked everywhere, anywhere, even took a chance as SUPER LIGER (man, that was terrible). He learned his style from everywhere around the world. He's an incredible wrestler, has charisma out the wazoo, and he's enthusiastic about a job that a lot of wrestlers end up hating. He rises above the backstage politics - it's out of his control, he just works his ass off and reaps the rewards. He's the model for what a WWE superstar should aspire to.

Chris Jericho is one of the few wrestlers that I absolutely mark out for no matter what he's doing.

Jericho is integral to WWE. But the reason why he is in the mid-card is because Raw is stacked with main event talent. There were only four spots in the WWE Championship Fatal 4-Way match and Jericho is able to be in the running for a mid-card championship. Edge, Sheamus, Orton and Cena wouldn't fit in a US title match. But, for some reason, Jericho does. He's versatile and can perform in any division.
He is the perfect wrestler. Amazing in the ring and on the mic. Great as heel or face and incredibly versatile. He is certainly not undervalued by WWE.

The fact that Raw is crowded in the main event apartment just speaks to the fact Jericho never should have been drafted to Raw in the first place , he's done nothing since he's been there except job,his interaction with the Miz has been entertaining but who really wants to see a feud with them involving Big Show of all people,not me.

It would be agonizingly hard to find as good a worker as Jericho today. Jericho is a class act, a genuine mentor and a valuable asset to any company he works for. He’s wrestled in Mexico, Japan and all over the world. He’s a 6 time WH Champ, 9 time IC Champ and a guaranteed future HOF’er.

Event with all these accolades he is by no means “above” a mid card title. Hell, look what he did with Mysterio for the IC title last year. He’s one of those guys who can easily transition into ANYTHING thrown at him. Heel, face, loser, winner, mid card or main event. He can do it all! When Jericho builds a feud you can tell it’s going to at great, anything he touch’s is gold. When he lost to R-Truth he acted completely shocked and sold the loss. There’s no one, NO ONE better than Jericho in WWE right now and there hasn’t been since he returned (bar a couple guys here and there; Taker, Trips etc.) but he can still easily flick back to the mid card or onto NXT to help younger guys. Class act.

I saw a recent interview with Ric Flair and he had nothing but great things to say about the way Jericho conducts himself backstage. Same as Edge and Michaels, both guys said Jericho is someone you go into a match knowing it’s going to be great. I have the up most respect for Chris and his career and there’s only great things to come from him. He’s a legend, future HOF’er and a huge asset to WWE.

During raw michael cole mentioned that if chris jericho could beat r-truth he might be in line for a future u.s. title shot now this got me to thinking chris jericho constantly tells us he's the best in the world at what he does and it's very hard to argue,the great matches(too many to name)entertaining promos etc. a sure lock for the wwe hof,that being said you gotta think he's approaching legendary status so my question is Does anyone else think Y2J is above a midcard title.

The short answer is that nobody should really be "above" any title. It's airtime, it's promotion, and it's a sign that you are trusted to handle the stress and the responsibilities.

The long answer is that Chris Jericho really doesn't need another world title run. Not to accuse the OP of anything he didn't say, but this does remind me of every other thread that goes "Why doesn't ___ have the ___ title, he's deserved it!". While I'm sure there are guys who could carry a title run well that haven't had the proper chance to, these guys don't get into the industry to earn belts; they are in it to make money and entertain.

Chris Jericho more than achieved his goals in wrestling, and that's why he left the first time. His return is a way for him to finance his musical career, and to stock up for retirement, any of a million other reasons than "Win WWE Championship one more time". I can't speak 100% to his goals, but if holding the world title was what he wanted, I think he would have had longer reigns with the title; Jericho surely has good standing with the bookers and creative. He's stated that he enjoys being here, making a buck, and helping along newer guys. He does a great job of pushing the younger talent; he's one of those rare guys that can put guys over him and still look like a champion afterwards.

It's difficult sometimes not getting upset when our favorite dudes aren't getting what we think they deserve, but at the end of the day the fact that they are still working is good enough for them. Can't it be good enough for us?

Jericho is one of the only reasons that after 10 years I still watch WWE. He is the true definition of a wrestler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back