Which Moment In History Still Gives You Goosebumps?

good thread
when eddie guerrero won the wwe title and benoit came out to celebrate with him.
stone cold HOF video, theres some good shit on there =]
taker's entrance :undertaker2: still creepy
and last, EVERY time a big superstar returns after a long hiatus, its exciting to see a familiar yet new face back on the show.

I can't believe that NOBODY has mentioned the two moments that changed wrestling FOREVER:

1: Scott Hall showing up on Nitro & declaring war on WCW

2: Hulk Hogan turning HEEL for the first time ever to join the NWO as Hollywood Hogan.

Plus the night Sting "came home" & destroyed the NWO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMHSvnbS28

His entrance at Starrcade 97 for his match against Hogan also does it for me, too bad the was booked like shit!

To be honest, I alway got goosebumps when ascended upon the NWO on Nitro. He's my all time favorite along with Taker!

weird one for me, but the night in raw 2005 when hbk was in montreal and called out the hitman hart and his music hit, even though i know he doesn't actually come out, sitll gives me the chills. the crowd goes ape shit, i still go ape shit somehow beliieving the next time his music hits, he'll actually come out.

Easy, WrestleMania VIII, Hogan just beat Sid in his "final match". Oh no, Papa Shango now comes down and helps Sid kick Hogan's ass after the match. Bobby Heenan, the color commentator for the evening, says, "Hogan can't help it. He don't have a friend left."
... Suddenly, the Ultimate Warrior's unmistakable music hits and at the time my friends and I were 12, my dad 35, and we were all marking out like no one has ever marked out before. The Warrior is back!!! That's the most memorable, goosebumpy moment is my WWF history.

THIS!!!
For what its worth, I can't remember a run in being as awesome as this in the 15+ years since!

I think i have the greatest one for this thread that noone mentioned..... Picture this Royal Rumble 2001.... Kane getting beat up by like 6 guys.... suddenly undertakers music hits comes out in his bike and helps kane clear ring...

OMG!!!
Just posted about Hulkster/Warrior as that was on PG1, but forgot all about this one!
Undertaker had Soggy Bizkit as a theme tune at the time.
Corrrr, just had a shudder thinkin about it!!!
:D

think im gonna have to dig out my RR2001 now!
SWEET!

It's such a hane to call but it has to be the time Jericho pinned HHH with a fast count on Raw to win the belt. Back then, Raw wasn't shown til Friday but I didn't go on the net as much as I do now so hadn't seen the results, Jericho was (and still is) my favourite so I was jumping round the living room going mad, it was just so unexpected!

It's a shame the decision got reversed! The jerichoholics know the truth! :icon_biggrin:

Awesome thread idea. Hmm. Anytime a wrestler returns, it's good. But as for goosebumps, when Mandkind first won the WWF Title. Loved it.

Jericho winning the WWE title from HHH: As a Jericho mark, I freaked when this happened. I couldn't believe it and I was so pissed when they reversed the decision.

HBK wins the Elimination Chamber: Back then, I didn't watch ppv's that often but I ordered this just for the Elimination Chamber since it was new. I've always been an HBK mark, but I didn't think he'd win this, especially since he'd beaten HHH at Summerslam. I marked like a bitch when he won and him on his knees with the world title pointing upwards, confetti falling and JR shouting "DO YOU BELIEVE?" made it even more special.

Beniot/Eddie at WM XX: For all the reasons previously stated. I've always been big fans of these two and I never thought I'd see them as world champions, let alone at the same time.

The Rock at the Hall of Fame: My favorite hall of fame moment. I was so excited when I heard Rock would be there and he didn't disappoint. His roast on his old rivals and his jab at Cena was easily one of the funniest things I'd seen from WWE in years; I can't remember the last time I choked from laughter watching wrestling. It really made me realize how much I missed him.

i got a bunch...

- wm 20 with benoit making the biggest dog in the wwe tap out, jr's commentary just made it such an amazing moment and then eddie came out and congratulated him under the bright lights and confetti, i'm not going to lie, i nearly cry everytime i see it

- no way out 04 when eddie beat brock in a fuckin classic wrestling match, seeing eddie win the title and jump in the croud to celebrate was just so amazing, i think this was also the only time michael cole really REALLY impressed me as a commentator

- raw after night of champions 08, i'll never forget the moment where punks music hit and he cashed in his mitb briefcase, i clearly remember that this happened during the time of my life where i just felt like shit with losing friends and family and this just put a great smile on my face

-wwe vs ecw head to head, big show ripping off a raw t-shirt and exposing his ecw shirt and threw orton out of the ring, this was the day i graduated the 8th grade and i'll never forget the day i saw this

- raw after survivor series 08, im not going to lie, im not a john cena fan but i remember him cutting a promo on jericho and it just really made me proud to say that im a wwe fan...heres a link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZg7X3S0z3k

I can't believe that NOBODY has mentioned the two moments that changed wrestling FOREVER:

1: Scott Hall showing up on Nitro & declaring war on WCW

2: Hulk Hogan turning HEEL for the first time ever to join the NWO as Hollywood Hogan.

Plus the night Sting "came home" & destroyed the NWO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMHSvnbS28

His entrance at Starrcade 97 for his match against Hogan also does it for me, too bad the was booked like shit!

To be honest, I alway got goosebumps when ascended upon the NWO on Nitro. He's my all time favorite along with Taker!

These.

And apart from those:

-Edge spearing Hardy while hanging from the title
-Hardy jumping from a ladder inside the ring unto Edge outside the ring, WM 23
-Mankind being thrown of the Cell
-Undertaker coming out of the casket after being buried alive by Kane
-The Rock vs Austin III
-Goldberg's debut on WWE
-Orton punting Vince

I’ve got a few memorable / favorite moments in Wrestling history.

The Alliance storyline from Invasion 2001 to Survivor Series 2001 – This should have been better, but the idea of it all gave me goose bumps. I don’t want to get into what happened, because then I’ll start talking about what should have happened.

Raw (November 12, 2001) – This is an episode before one of my favorite PPVs of all time, Vengeance 2001. There was something about hearing Stone Cold and the Rock singing Margaritaville that makes me smile. HAHA!!

Vengeance 2001 – Triple Main Event tournament for the Undisputed WWE / WCW Title. 4 of my all - time favorite Superstars at the time, in 3 matches, back to back to back, with the top 2 Titles on the line, to end with 1 surprising winner. What else could you ask for?? I don’t think this could have been written out better if the Stars involved were Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair and Sting. Okay well I’m exaggerating.

Jericho’s return – This is because I’m a Jerichoholic, period.

The formation of the M. E. Mob – I’m a fan of Champion / Title belts and I’m a fan of Stables, so naturally a Stable consisting of World Champions will catch and keep my attention.

There are more, but there isn’t enough time in the day to think about the past. I’ll add more later.

Hogan vs Rock at Wrestlemania was amazing. They stood in the ring staring at each other for minutes. The crowd in Toronto singlehandedly turned Hogan face again that night. Undertaker throwing Mankind off the Cell was crazy, although him getting off the stretcher and coming back was just as insane.(imo) The number one goosebumps moment for me was Hogan joining Hall and Nash at Bash at the Beach. I don't think(and can't beleive) no one posted that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back