Where Should Jack Swagger Go From Here?

punk is gold

Occasional Pre-Show
I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm starting to get worried about the direction of Jack Swagger's carrer.First I thought it should have been Swagger in Mysterio's place during Rey's feud with Kane,it wasn't.Then Jack not only wasn't on Summerslam's card but he didn't even make an appearance,next they have him job to M.V.P. who's like one of the least over people on the Smackdown roster at this point in time,and finally today while I was on Wwe.com I noticed a commercial for Jack Swagger vs. Chris Masters on fucking Superstars of all places,that can't be a good sign because I thought Jack was above that show and facing Chris Master's.Currently Jack is not involved in a storyline or feud,and so I'm wondering where do you guys think he should go from here?

Concerning Swagger on Superstars, Orton has appeared there as well, so that's not necessarily the kiss of death on his career.

It seems to me Jack has been back burnered in favor of the Undertaker's return push. Once he gets back and starts his program with Kane, I would imagine we'll start seeing a little more of Swagger again. They can't push everyone at once, and while Undertaker certainly doesn't NEED a push, they HAVE to put the focus back on him now that he's returning.

While Kane is busy with Undertaker, Big Show is busy with the SES and Mysterio, presumably will be busy with Alberto Del Rios when he debuts, there's not much room at the top to work Swagger in right now. Who knows, maybe they'll pick up where they left off between Rey and Jack? I don't think he's going to disappear on us though.

I personally think Jack should feud with Christian, their both upper mid card talent (I dont give a fuck if Swagger was world champion a month ago he is upper mid card talent). Christian can also push Swagger to the limits and make him look like gold, could be just like Swagger and Christian's ECW feud but better if booked right, the matches for sure would be great, I mean come on Christian is pulling of show stealing matches with Drew FUCKING Mcintyre for Christ's sake.

Also everyone seems busy except for Christian and Swagger, Kofi is still going off against Dolph, Big Show still feuding with SES, etc.

So for now I think Swagger should feud with Christian, and mostly likely if booked right that feud would put them both over.

If i've said it once,
I've said it twice,
& I'll say AGAIN,

They need to turn him into the pyro having, Push-Ups mocking,
& Big goofy grin wearing Swagger we alll loved,
They completly stripped this dude when they gave him the title,
Into this borring suit wearing monotonous idiot,
I say put him in line for the Intercontinental title later than sooner w/ his original gimmick,
& Then bring him back to main stream,

All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy… Apparently.

I know that this quote may already sound like a digression but it is actually quite relevant for this thread. I think that someone said it earlier; they basically took everything away from Jack Swagger when they gave him the World Heavyweight Championship. Before his run, he seemed to have a lot more going on and seemed to have a lot of momentum. Now, I am not saying that his title reign did nothing for him. What I am saying, however, is that they need to get him back to his basics and what made him successful in the first place. If that means taking him out of the main event scene on Smackdown then so be it. For me, he needs something to get him picked back up again and that might not necessarily mean a World Title reign again.

I think a mid-card Championship reign is not good enough for Swagger now though. He has been World Champion once and you don’t often see people of that calibre dropping down again. He was very much in Sheamus’ position and you would never see Sheamus back in the mid-card zone. Personally, I think he needs a feud with someone like Kofi Kingston or perhaps even the Undertaker, once he is done with Kane. He needs to feud with someone really credible and over with the IWC. Once that happens, I fully expect Swagger to be back amongst the big fishes and holding his own. Right now, though, he seems to be just hanging on and he deserves better than that.

I'm still waiting on the Swagger/Undertaker feud that should be happening. If they continue to push Swagger afer these next couple feuds are over, I see Swagger/Undertaker at Mania. Their RAW match was pretty great.

As much as I hate to see this happen to Swagger hopefully he'll be back in the limelight soon. Maybe he'll win the IC Belt or something, although that would be somewhat bad for him. The only guy who can do that is Jericho or maybe Rey. I want to see him feud with someone like Christian or Kofi until he can get into the WHC picture again. If Edge comes to SD! then he can feud with Swagger, I'd love to see that.

I have been stumped with this question myself over the last couple weeks especially since he wasn't on the Summerslam card, And then putting him on superstars. He is definitely starting to lose some momentum but I have the soloution. Restart the ECW fued of Jack Swagger and Christian. Think about it, Listen to the crowd when Christian comes out it's phenomenal. This could be a really awesome fued which could finish of with an epic Hell in a cell match at the HOC Pay-Per-View. Both Christian and Jack swagger could get a huge amount of momentum from this and both of them would be at the top of there game.

I think you could easily go the route of Punk. Punk had a weak first reign and dropped out of the main event pretty solidly when he was unable to compete in the Chamionship Scramble match at Unforgiven 08. Instead of dropping him down to the midcard ranks, though, they teamed him with Kofi and had them get the tag belts and run as a tag team for a while, building both guys up at the same time.

Right now, on Smackdown, we have two guys who are not working out exactly like they should be. The WWE has dropped the ball with Swagger, and while they want McIntyre to be World Champion at some point, the crowd isn't behind him.

I think both problems could be solved, however, if they would book the guys as a tag team and give them a solid push as Tag Champs. Build them both up as a threatening tag team, but also give them the occasional singles match, continuing to show them domination individually as well as while tagging.

Granted, I think the idea would take some work, but I think it could work. Just my two cents, anyway. I doubt it'll happen.

Swagger needs to take a step down the ladder. As Dave said, when they gave him the title, it some-what de-railed everything Swagger had going for him and he had to start from scratch on a new show with an adjusted gimmick. Now, Swagger's has since lost the title and as of late actually appeared on Superstars, the company's D-Show. This shows that the WWE is going to be taking Swagger down a few notches. Right now the question should be how many notches to take him down. Personally, I feel Swagger needs to stay around the midcard. This could be beneficial for both he & WWE. It's clear that he still has a fair way to go before he reaches his full potential, but he really shouldn't be on Superstars. I suggest a mid-card feud between him & Kofi Kingston as it could benefit both of them in the long run on their way to the main event scene.

As we are about to see KanevUndertaker for a couple of months for the world title, Jack needs to be in the Jericho role of upper mid carder for Smackdown. He needs to have a fued that keeps him in a position to be able to easily transition back in the main event. I think he can do this by fueding with Kofi or maybe if Edge returns to SD have him fued with Swagger. He doesn't need to be wrestling with the likes of MVP or Masters on a long term basis.

Blame it on Smackdown's writing team.

Those great writers seem to go unchecked for some of the most ass-backwards shit of the year. They didn't know whether they were coming or going with that dude. They'd build him up to seem legit for two weeks, then take it all apart two weeks after that, then try to book him strong for another week, then totally ignore him the next... straight heavy-handed. Even after he lost the belt, I thought they were gonna do some stuff with him, but they've flip-flopped so much on how they've booked him, he's back to being another irrelevant heel.

Dude is looking real invisible on Smackdown right now.

I think its pretty sad to see what has happened to Swagger over the past couple months. When he won the World Championship I was actually excited to watch Smackdown for the first time in a long time and he just make a dud out of it. Hopefully there will be a Beat The Clock Challenge after this Taker-Kane feud because thats the only way I can see him being elevated back into the main event scene.

They NEED to turn him back to that goofy smiling guy. They completely changed his gimmick, to a regular cocky heel. He should just stay in the upper mid-card level, because that's where he belongs. He should just feud with Christian or Matt Hardy or something like that. Why can't he just fight for the intercontinental championship, like Rey Mysterio did.

Hm....rather than MVP n Chyeah dude vs SES, I'd like to see what Swagger can do against punk. CM's counterculture gimmick would foil so well against the all american american. As for what happened with him, it's like everyone said. They gave him a belt and took away his ....swagger.

I know exactly where your coming from, since losing the world title, I haven't seen him much, and he has vanished from the world title scene, I enjoyed his short run, but what was missing from it was his press-ups and banging on the chest etc.. he went really dull as champion and really serious character, it wasn't the Swagger we enjoyed before his world title run and that is what failed his title run..I think he should be back in the title hunt soon, he should stay on Smackdown and by the end of the year, if he can fight hsi way back into the main event, why not... Swagger as world champion..it makes sense!!

I think he needs his old gimmick back, he was really enjoyable to watch but now he's just boring being serious. He's curent feud with MVP isn't going to last long (hopefully), so hopefully in October SD can get a good face that Swagger can feud with. Anyway I think when the Kane and Taker feud is Swagger might go back to the main event and go after the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back