• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Swagger, How Far Can He Go?

Captain Morgan Freeman

Taught Elvis how to play karate
Recently on Raw we have seen Jack Swagger in a interesting feud with Evan Bourne. Im a fan of both wrestlers and have been quite interested in this feud. Ive always been a fan of Swaggers wrestling style especially his abillity to pull the anklelock out of nowhere.

So the point of this thread is to ask where will Jack Swggers place be in the WWE. Do you think he has the potential to be a main event player or is he your pick for the future endeavoured list in years to come.

Personally i think Swagger has the potential to be a world champion but first he needs more charisma, he needs to be able to work the crowd more as a babyface or as a heel. We saw in his last world title reign that the crowd diddnt really care for swagger as champion so perhaps he could do with a Vickie Guerrero style heat magnet seing as its done wonders for Dolph Ziggler.

So how far do you think he can go in the WWE??

The crowd didn't care for Swagger? Did you see the reaction he got when he used to do his address thing and wear all the Oklahoma football jerseys on Smackdown? They booed the hell out of him that he couldn't even talk, now that's drawing heat.

Well Swagger has potential as you mentioned, he always gets compared to Kurt Angle, he and Drew McIntyre were being pushed to the moon last year, but now they're just jobbers to stars, I wouldn't count out either men though, HHH was a jobber to the stars at one point in his career, and look where he is now.

So Swagger, in my opinion, can wrestle, can talk, can draw heat if they gave him the right thing to do or say, he deserves to be in the main event, and I hope he gets back on track soon, honestly I think they should move him to Smackdown and put him on the world title scene with Christian, Orton, ans Sheamus.

As for how far do I think he will go.. Swagger actually p!ssed off alot of veterans backstage and that's how he got depushed.. apparently they want to "teach him a lesson".. so I really think it's only a matter of time before he gets a big push again.. and I really hope that's the case cause he's the total package in my opinon.. he has everything he needs to be in the main event.

Well he's already been here and back. He was motherfucking world champion. And not one of these pretend world champions. He was a real world champion. In his WHC run - and I know I'm in he minority here - I think he did a good job. A very good job for someone who was thrown into the main event at the deep end. He showed how comfortable he was on the mic, his in-ring talent (he put on some very good matches with Randy Orton and John Morrison) and depth of character. He was just screwed by absolutely awful booking during his time as champion.

So if you needed any evidence of whether Swagger could hack it in the main event, look at his WHC run. He performed well, even if he was booked badly.

He rarely gets credited for his run as WHC i was a pessimist and angry when he won MITB and took forever to unhook the case but his run was decent and i'd have liked to have seen it go on longer, i'd like to see a Face change for him he's a good hell but he is also a likeable guy, he gets grief for his mic skill which are actually better than 80% of the roster.

In the future i see him being a WWE champ not sure how many times but maybe a couple.

He's stale right now. He needs a change to to keep the fan base interest up. They need to change him to a baby face. There's better feuds out there for him as a face. Not to mention all the main event heel spot are already taken. He could have better matches with the Miz, Dolph, Del Rio etc. They can turn him face by him warming up to Evan Bourne ALA-Razor Ramon and the 123 Kid or stand up for America if Del Rio wins the belt ALA-Lex Luger/Yokozuna. JMO

Why do ppl make up excuses defending jack swagger's credibility as a main eventer? He speaks slow and stale and not able to control the crowd. He barely draws heat from the crowd, PERIOD.

He has no more credibility to be a legit world champion. He is buried and a flop. Unless he can improve his mic skill drastically, change his gimmick and involve in memorable feuds, otherwise he will never be taken seriously. Cm punk is a great example.

I dont see how a face turn will help swagger much because again this guy is a former world champion already. Its gonna scar him for a long time.

The feud between bourn and swagger is booked medicorely. I dont see how this feud was something the fans wanted in the first place. In fact its not even a feud. Its just a bunch of filler match to fill the card, including the ppv.

Jack Swagger is a formidable mid card talent and at most a serviceable main eventer on Smackdown. He's not going farther than that. He's had a decent sniff at the main event scene, and while fairly decent, didn't fair too well. He's a solid mid carder, and that's all he'll ever be.

They REALLY fucked up with Swagger. They had a great chance to create a credible main event heel, but they decided to rush it and have him win the title straight out of the midcard, which really didn't make a whole lot of sense. They also had him cash in on a heel, which was dumb in itself because he didn't get the same level of heat for it that he would have if it had been a face (and Jericho also should never have lost the title so soon after Mania). The booking of the reign didn't make things any better, and then how he was treated after the reign. He went from a midcarder, to a world champion by a complete fluke, back to a midcarder. They had a chance to remedy things this year with a face turn during the Cole and Lawler stuff, and for some reason they passed on that despite the fans practically begging for it. Once again, the guy's talents are being wasted. I won't say it's over for him, but he'll have to get some REALLY good booking to improve things from here. Judging by WWE's track record with him, it's looking pretty unlikely.

WWE fucked up the Cole/Swagger pairing. It should've ended with Swagger becoming the number two babyface on Smackdown. Being aligned with Cole should've been great for Swagger, how it didn't result on him turning face I do not know.

Swagger, good talker, good wrestler, all he needs is a sustained push and he'll reach the top. Ignore the World Heavyweight Championship reign, pretend it didn't happen. In three years time hopefully after being put over by Cena, Orton and whoever else WWE considers a headliner we'll see a Mania main event featuring Swagger vs. Barrett or Sheamus. All have the potential to be massive stars in this era of WWE.

I think God was high when he made Jack Swagger. Have you seen anybody else built like that? Maybe the singlet exaggerates it, but he's not built like Kurt Angle, he's not built like Brock Lesnar and he sure as shit isn't built like anyone I know. That, and his teeth are way too big for his mouth. A lisp never stopped Ric Flair or Dusty Rhodes though, did it?

Genuinely quite confused as to why WWE didn't use the whole Cole angle to elevate Swagger. I mean, it seemed the obvious move, no? Heels are becoming a dime a dozen and I don't see why Swagger couldn't turn on Cole if Riley got to turn on Miz. Now the whole Cole/Lawler thing is just going to be remembered as a curious little angle that didn't feed into anything else.

If Kurt Angle can be a successful face - and he was, for a time - then Swagger definitely can be. I can certainly think of nobody else with a more unique ring style than him. Seeing him make a cocky heel his bitch and roll him around the mat like dough would make me mark out - I don't know about you.

I think Swagger could get back to the top. As we all know his first title reign was rushed and not thought through. What I would do is give Swagger the "Wrestling Machine" gimmick. Also give him a manager so he doesn't do much talking he just goes to the ring and wrestles the hell out of everybody. Make him come to the ring like a boxer does with a a robe on.

I still haven't given up on the idea of Swagger in the main-event. People complain about how he was booked in his first World Title reign, but it was the way he was booked after that that killed him. He went from going toe-to-toe with Smackdown's main-eventers (Edge, Jericho, Rey) to a mid-carder in no time at all. I will admit, he needs to work on his mic skills, but he doesn't need to be the Rock to be a success. He just needs to speak calmly, clearly, and confidently, even if he goes word for word on a promo written by someone else. As long as he can get his point across, it'll work. I also think a face turn would do a lot for him, especially considering how few big faces Raw has. The potential of a great worker is there, he just needs to keep working at it.

Psssh. The one thing Swagger doesn't have to work on is his promo skills. Don't let the fact that the guy is six foot six, 263 pounds and has a mouth full of teeth too big for it deceive you - he's one of the most competent talkers in the business right now.

As a matter of fact, his trophy promo with The Big Show was definitely promo of the year material. I would gladly straight-up call it promo of the year if it weren't the same year that CM Punk couldn't cough without cutting an awe-inspiring promo.

As a matter of fact, his trophy promo with The Big Show was definitely promo of the year material.

Yeah, that promo was very good, and funny too, which is why I'd love so much to see Swaggy as a face. He can do the whole goofy-funny thing so effortlessly. That kind of stuff doesn't fit heels too well, as I'm not supposed to think their jokes are actually funny. Swagger doesn't scream "intimidating" to me, he screams "lovable goof".

Swagger is a former World Heavyweight Champion. I think he can get back to the top of the card one day. He has what it takes to main event, the problem is that how he was booked for the past year hurt his credibility. Swagger is among the best in the ring on Raw and he is better on the mic than people give him credit for. The fact that he never turned face agains Cole hurt his odds of seeing another big push soon. Probably what happened is they are waiting to turn him until after they see where Riley's push goes. If they just book Swagger better he can reach the main event level again and stay there permanently.

Swagger is a former World Heavyweight Champion. I think he can get back to the top of the card one day. He has what it takes to main event, the problem is that how he was booked for the past year hurt his credibility. Swagger is among the best in the ring on Raw and he is better on the mic than people give him credit for. The fact that he never turned face agains Cole hurt his odds of seeing another big push soon. Probably what happened is they are waiting to turn him until after they see where Riley's push goes. If they just book Swagger better he can reach the main event level again and stay there permanently.
The problem with that is that there's no guarantee that his face turn would go over well now, unless they booked him in something with Cole again. The reason the face turn idea was so foolproof was because of how good of a heel Cole was and is, how the entire audience hates him and would cheer anyone who gave him what for. If Swagger had finally snapped and hit the gutwrench on Cole, he would have gotten an incredible pop and would gain a ton of momentum to carry on back upwards to the main event.

I guess I can see how it would be a little too similar to Riley's if they did them close to each other, but WWE doesn't seem to care about that considering they did nearly identical heel turns with R-Truth and Christian (both complaining about conspiracies and being held down and cheated and whatever). They also did those very close to each other, and essentially had the same match main event a pay-per-view twice at Capitol Punishment, with the "oppressed victim" facing the "WWE Universe hero." So if they can make the main event scenes so damn similar, I don't see why they couldn't have done the same with a couple of midcarders. In fact, they could have just left Swagger on SmackDown and had the turn happen there, since that show is sorely lacking in faces right now.

To me, Jack Swagger should be a face. He's using the All American stuff as a part of his character ever since he debuted. He really should be a face. He's perfect for a United States championship run. He should be a big babyface, but instead he's stuck as a lame-duck heel. That didn't work out so well when the company pushed him into the world title scene, and I think he's hit a dead end with his heel career. It's time for Swagger to make the turn, hell it was time for Swagger to make the turn two months ago when he was Cole's muscle. But, like everything else involved in that angle, they messed that up. Swagger needs a change, and becoming a face can bring that change.

Swagger definately has the look of a champion but his mic skills are whats holding him back. He needs to work on his charisma and the rest will follow. I'm sure he'll get his chance though, hes still relatively young and RAW doesnt have many credible heels.

Sure he can hes just booked wrong and hes mic skills hurt a bit but that all. He was doing great before mysterio jacked him. Oh well, if they decide to do something with him then we will talk. RIght now hes just lost in the card like all the other mid carders. WHY cant they just make fueds with mid carders instead of shitting on them and doing nothing for weeks?

I was on hiatus from wrestling during Swagger's push and title run......can anyone give any insight towards that ?

But for what i've seen since i came back in Feb of this year.......guy is pretty good in the ring, and not that great on the mic, as he is kind of slow and has a bit of a lisp. I think he could be a solid main eventer with the right story and writing, but im not totally sure.

I was on hiatus from wrestling during Swagger's push and title run......can anyone give any insight towards that ?

But for what i've seen since i came back in Feb of this year.......guy is pretty good in the ring, and not that great on the mic, as he is kind of slow and has a bit of a lisp. I think he could be a solid main eventer with the right story and writing, but im not totally sure.

Swagger arrived on the scene in WWECW in late 2008, and he has been the Brock Lesnar of ECW ever since he arrived, he was build as a blonde powerhouse with great technical ability, he won the ECW title very quickly after a very short feud with Tommy Dreamer who was doing a good job putting Swagger over, and he has been dominant there until he was drafted to Raw.

Well, he was being a little depushed in Raw 2009, but come Wrestlemania 26, he suddenly got back on track by winning the Raw MitB briefcase, can you imagine someone starting off his big push on the grandest stage of em all when he was a low midcarder on Raw before it? Well Swagger pulled it off.

So then he cashed in the MitB briefcase on Chris Jericho on the next episode of Smackdown, after unsuccessfully trying to cash it in on SuperCena on Raw, so Swagger became the world heavyweight champion after gutwrench powerbombing a dazed and beat up Chris Jericho after he got speared by the hands of Edge just moments earlier.

So Swagger goes on to being the top heel on Smackdown, he started this "state of address" thing that was total heat drawing segment, he used to give speeches to the crowd and they hated hearing him, so he got booed for it so much that one time he couldn't even cut the damn promo.

So Swagger defended his world heavyweight championship against a freshly turned face Randy Orton, and you know what happened? Swagger beat him cleanly in an Extreme Rules match, that's right he beat Randy Orton CLEANLY!, then he started a feud with Big Show for the title, and ended their pay per view match by a disqualification, then Swagger went on to lose the title Rey Mysterio in a Fatal Four Way match, and the crowd finally started to get bored of Rey and actually booed when Rey won the title, Swagger unsuccessfully challenged Rey for the title at the 2010 Money In The Bank pay per view, then his world title push suddenly ended.

He used to do some good shit as the champion, like showing off his trophies, and getting his father to be bait for his opponents, seeing Mysterio go over him was really annoying, why would they push someone like Rey over Swagger? The guy is close to retirement and the fans got bored of him.

Well I really hope Swagger gets pushed again in the near future, he was a pretty good world champion and for him to get depushed like that really sucks.

By the way, if you were on a hiatus from wrestling in that time, you should check out Wrestlemania 26 where Swagger won the MitB match, one of the greatest wrestlemanias in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back