• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When is WWE going to release Kane??

What should happen of Kane?

• Retire

• WWE release

• Stay where hes at

• Throw the title on him, see what he can do.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think a better question would be when is the WWE going to start taking Kane seriously. I mean look at the career of Glen Jacob. He is a legit 7 footer who was ripped and chiseled and had the whole "monster" look from the start.

But what has this man gotten in return for his look and dedication to his characters? Well let's see.

Isaac Yankem D.D.S.- Wow, this was perhaps an extreme classic in a long line of bad gimmicks that could be instant gold from the mind of one Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Now before you go telling me, I know that Vince didn't come up with the gimmick. But when he signed Jacobs, he very well could have changed it to anything in the world, even a pink fairy who steals your soul if you lose a match. Nope. What did he do instead? He pushed Jacobs as Jerry Lawlers personal dentist who had bad teeth and then eventually jobbed him out to Bret Hart and left him to hang in limbo.

The NEW Diesel- Even though I can see Glen Jacobs excelling as a Diesel-TYPE wrestler, to have the man be the NEW Diesel was damned near a career killer. I mean they knew this would stink up the ring from the start and only did it to try to get some quick attention from the mere announcement that Diesel and Razor Ramon would be appearing on RAW. Well all I can say is that there must have been something in his contract where he was promised a lifetime contract as this was truly a low point in Jacob's career and probably the only thing that he could have done worse than Isaac Yankem. But notice I did say "probably".

Kane- I'm sorry, but with all of the potential that Glen has, THIS is what the WWF came up with? A Undertaker rip off with a mask? I mean being the Undertaker's little brother is one thing, but they truly went to some pretty fucked up places with this one. I mean first, he's Taker's pyromaniac brother who killed his own parents. Then he's a one night champion. Then he's a necrophile who sleeps with dead bodies. Then he's a wallowing pussy as he holds XPac in his arms and cries. Next he sets Jr. on fire. Then he's a stalker who loves little mexican men. And no he's a love struck jobber.

So you tell me, when has the WWE EVER taken this man seriously? Hell, I think the only reason why they haven't released him is either because somebody could do better with him or because of some back alley deal they made over the Fake Diesel gimmick. Either way, Jacobs will be in the WWE until he chooses to leave. I just hope that's some time soon and while he's still useful to somebody.

I think they oughta throw his ass into a program with Hornswaggle. /end sarcasm

Come on, Kane, I think has paid his dues. He's been with the company for a very long time and isn't as bad as you're making him out to be. He's getting stale, I'll admit that, but worse things have happened with other people... I just think Kane needs the right program with the right opponent, and he'll be as good as new...

All you Kane fans should be pushing for a Kane release. That could him going to TNA, and becomming the "star" you all say he is. If he is that good then he should leave the WWE. There is nothing for him here in the WWE world.

I like Kane, so hopefully he retires, because it sucks watching him become the best nobody. His losing streak has to be longer than MVP's was.

Unless Kane snaps and really lights someone backstage on fire, I don't see the WWE ever releasing him. Even though his character's gone to hell (pun intended), he's still solid in the ring and is good at putting people over. Not to mention that he can still cut an pretty intense promo when he wants to, know matter how ridiculous the storyline may be.

I truly believe that the WWE should do an angle where Kane (as Jacob) disappears (in some sort of accident: fire, explosion, buried, etc.) only to come back masked and a younger guy.

The Kane character would continue, but Jacob wouldn't be the one wrestling, as he's getting too old to put up good matches.

Kane is one of the most liked and respected guys in the entire WWE, by both the wrestlers and the higher-ups, he's not going anywhere until he wants...and I don't think he should, he's given too much to the business, some people are just stupid...you're probably flair fans lol, wow now he was bad, even when he was young, but he was respected and loved by everyone(for some stupid reason) so they kept him around for 278 years

i think a long feud with taker could work but usin all the fire and thunder to add drama and have kane as more of a monster

I don't understand your post, and I guess the poll agrees with my bewilderment. Kane is a draw, that's why he's on Raw instead of ECW. Sure not many people liked the Rey angle, but for me it's because how many times are we going to see Rey vs a big guy? Obviously more because of the Knox feud.

I liked the direction of the Kelly Kelly thing, but to have it be Orton and Orton win killed that soon. I don't like that WWE didn't capitalize on the second generation wrestler/referee making a fast count while Kane's shoulder was up, but what can I do?

I think Kane still has the potential to do major things with the WWE, and while they may not be headlining a PPV anytime soon, it's certainly elevating some midcarders. Did you see the reaction when Kofi surprised Kane on Raw to get into the Chamber? Honestly I don't think Kofi deserved it, so it caught me off-guard. But now you've got a guy in a Championship match because he beat Kane. That's elevation, dude.

Milk[lw];755439 said:
When will WWE get fed up with the bullcrap he does, and release him?

First of all, as I believe, WWE creative comes up with the storylines for him, so therefore it's creative's crap, not Kane's. If they don't come up with something better soon for Kane, then I believe he should get released or retire. If neither happen, he's pretty much a bump on a log. I believe they need to give Kane the mask back and put him into the type of storylines he used to have as the Long Haired Masked Kane. I believe that was his prime in his career. I think his career started going downhill when he got involved with Lita. Granted I really enjoyed that storyline, but it wasn't a Kane type of storyline. It turned him into too much of a softy.

First of all, as I believe, WWE creative comes up with the storylines for him, so therefore it's creative's crap, not Kane's.

Well, I'd say it's more half and half. While some of the storylines are generally stupid.. it's the Wrestler's responsibility to take what they're given and make it work.

Kane seems unmotivated and uncaring to even try anymore.

If they don't come up with something better soon for Kane, then I believe he should get released or retire.

I'm still not for him retiring. I just wish he'd get a passion for wanting to compete again. Maybe being released and showing up in T.N.A. would do him some good.

Again, he just doesn't seem to care anymore about anything. Glenn, the individual who plays the character Kane, seems unmotivated. Until he shakes that off, nothing is going to change him from being dull and uninteresting.

If neither happen, he's pretty much a bump on a log.

:lmao: That's got to be the first time I've heard someone refer to something as "a bump on a log".

I believe they need to give Kane the mask back and put him into the type of storylines he used to have as the Long Haired Masked Kane.

I used to think this way too, but I'm not sold on it anymore. During the Rey Mysterio storyline, Kane had the mask on. Without the hair to cover his head, he looks like a giant white milk-dud with a wrapper.

The bottomline is, they fucked him over when they made him cut his hair, and remove half his attire. His best gimmick was the "scarred & tortured" Kane. Not the "I'm no longer burnt, just bald and ugly" Kane.

I believe that was his prime in his career.

Isaac Yankem D.D.S. FTW!

I think his career started going downhill when he got involved with Lita.

I think his career started going downhill when he lost to the Undertaker at WrestleMania XIV. Followed by winning the Heavyweight Championship (in fluke fashion) only to prove himself very unworthy and drop it ONE NIGHT LATER.

Granted I really enjoyed that storyline, but it wasn't a Kane type of storyline. It turned him into too much of a softy.

Agreed. Kane in a love story angle is about as pathetic as a humanized Abyss in T.N.A.

When Kane wants to, he can still bring the intensity of guys like Taker and Triple H. The look on his face when he comes to the ring and when he cuts a good promo still tend to send shivers done my spine. Maybe it's just a shell of what he was, but he has made it as a legend, and even though he PROBABLY shouldn't start winning titles, he should at least be given shots. Hes dedicated and rarely out of action. He was given the ECW championship for a while and that actually went really well in my opinion. They got it off him and shipped him to RAW, where he was lost under the likes of Cena, Batista, HBK, Orton, Jericho, Mysterio and JBL. Which brings me to another point... JBL. Really? This man is continously in fueds with the biggest names in the company, while Kane is left to lose qualifying matches against Kingston. Kane should be kept around as a guy in the title hunt, but I think that his time as a title holder is over, as if it really started.

Release Kane!!!! It wont be happening anytime soon because of one reason, he is still a spectacle. After all these years and all the losses and times where he is treated like a sideshow and weird shitty angles, he can still come out and give people the feeling that he could beat the everliving shit out of someone at any given time. Case in point, Royal Rumble. Although it never really happened, as the ring kept filling up with a huge number of people, I kept waiting for Kane to come out because there was a feeling that he would enter the ring and absolutely clean house. You could only say that for a select few other people. Plus his staredown with The Undertaker got a huge reaction. So as long as he connects with the crowd, he isnt going anywhere. There might be an exception or 2 but for the most part every single wrestler that WWE releases got zero crowd reaction at the time of their release and were not missed by the masses at all.

Looking back over the years at kane's career, it's amazing what he has accomplished. You know, when Vince and the creative team of wwf in 97 wanted to introduce a character who could be as intimidating as the dead man himself, kane was definitely the right choice and glen jacobs played the role flawlessly. It's a shame that we might not ever see the same dominating kane again but hell, what a journey it has been for the big red machine. Arguably, kane's most dominanting and consistent performances have been at the royal rumble matches, especially the 2001 royal rumble. And arguably kane's got to be one of the best if not the best royal rumble participants ever. That's where we normally see the shades of his dominating side. However, I must ask the question why kane's pyro was removed from each of the four corners of the ring? Wwe won't dare to release kane, not after what he has done for them. I just hope that when the day that he announces his retirement comes, he receives all the credit that he deserves and for me personally, he's no doubt a candidate for the hall of fame class. But I still think he needs to lose a couple of pounds as his foot work isn't as good as it should be. So maybe an injury to kane might not actually be a bad thing. This way he has more time to spend with his family and to hit the gym. But all in all kane should be allowed to leave the company at his own peril and not by the decision of the wwe.

Releasing Kane would be a huge mistake on the part of WWE and it is very unrealisitc to assume they would do so. Kane is too popular and his name still carries recognition. Why would the WWE release a popular wrestler when they are somewhat struggling to produce new stars? Plus as has been mentioned Kane is good at putting people over- however what I would say is that WWE should have Kane win some high profile matches more often than he does that way when someone like Kofi Kingston beats him, it will actually be a suprise (Personally I felt Kingston would beat Kane to earn a spot in the chamber because Kane always seems to lose these days, which is very frustrating) and of benefit to whoever goes over Kane. If Kane never wins anything important then it won't seem like such a big deal when new talent beat him which is why WWE should have Kane win high profile matches from time to time. Personally, I have always liked the maskless Kane, he was awesome when he was allowed to be the unstoppable monster- that is how he should be used by the WWE. Yes, we all loved the masked Kane but it is unlikely he will go back to wearing it although it's always a possibility- perhaps WWE could do a similar angle with Kane as they did with the Undertaker when he reverted to his old gimmick- only with fire obviously. Certainly, Kane will remain with the WWE until he chooses to walk away but I still feel strongly that he has more to give, if WWE just present him with the opportunity. Obviously Kane is not as muscular as he once was but I wouldn't say he is fat necessarily- perhaps a change of ring attire would help as he could wear the singlet to cover his upper body. One thing is for sure, releasing Kane would be ludicrous and I could not disagree more with the notion of doing so!!!

Milk[lw];755589 said:
Kane gets a huge reaction when he comes out??? Are you sure your not hearing the sound that WWE puts out over the TV.?

I know for a fact Kane still gets a huge reaction. Have you been to any WWE shows when he's there? The crowd goes nuts.

Kane is still one of the better works in the company and just doesn't get used properly. Creative drops the ball with every storlyline they give him. The burlap sack should have had his mask. Or, they could have had him be the one causing the accidents to get rid of McMahon.

Find some way to put the mask back on Kane and throw the title on him, he just might be able to hold it for a while

Move kane to ecw and give him the title. He is such a piece of shit, i miss the old days when kane was entertaining

Move kane to ecw and give him the title.

They already did this why would they want to do it again with him?

He is such a piece of shit, i miss the old days when kane was entertaining

If he's such a piece of shit then why do you want to give him a title belt?!?, and Kane hasn't been entertaining in like 10 years, there was only so much they could ever really do with the character in the first place

Kane doesnt need to be released. He's a great asset to the WWE. Sure he may be getting old. But he's still capable of putting on a good match. If the WWE does anything with him they should return him to his crazy unpredictable heel days. The WWE needs a big bad crazy monster, and Kane can still do it. Just put his mask back on him and turn him into a guy that'll do anythin to destroy his enemies. I gurantee it'd work.

Seriously anyone who says kane is getting worse in the ring is blind, He and Undertaker seem to be the only people who got better in the ring then they were when they were younger, Kane constantly puts on extremely entertaining matches, hes one of the things I look foward too every RAW, Some of your peoples reasons for saying he should retire are rediculous, cause he hasnt done anything big recently? Its not him, he isnt booked to do anything ever, He could easily have a good run on the IC title, the guys instantly raises the meaning of any lower title he touches, he made me start watching ECW on a weekly basis, He has the potential to be big again they just have to stop having rey beat him over and over, we all get the little guy can beat big guys, it isnt impressive everyweek

sorry I had to add the tiny rey mysterio rant at the end

After tonight, he's rapidly moving closer to the title of king of the jobbers. Rey beat him almost single handedly tonight. He beat Kane down more than once just with strikes. What logic does it make to have a man of Kane's size lose to someone that small? They feuded for months and it went nowhere. Why Kane is so wasted like this time after time is beyond me. As for a release, it won'thappen as he's too valuable, but his time as a serious main eventer has been over.

If I had to be honest, the moment they could have had Kane having the mask again was the fued with Mysterio, though that flopped and if they got it right, I think we would have seen Kane with his mask back. But since the day he un-masked (thank you Triple H), Kane became a joke, yes I'm aware of Kane-a-roonie's, etc but he at least had a chance to be champion again when his look changed prior to unmasking.

I feel Kane will just be a lost cause to bring up again, he has the crowd on his side, but he's too low down now for a comeback, also with WWE going 'PG' they can't have Kane being burnt to wear the mask or going major psycho again because it won't be 'kid friendly'. As much as I love Kane, especially in the Attitude era, his time to be a big star has past. May he have many great matches to come, but I can only see Kane bowing out around the same time as Taker does if I had to be honest, it's really what keeps him interesting for story roles,bigt there's so little he could do, unless it's a big run on the IC belt!

If I had to be honest, the moment they could have had Kane having the mask again was the fued with Mysterio, though that flopped and if they got it right, I think we would have seen Kane with his mask back. But since the day he un-masked (thank you Triple H), Kane became a joke, yes I'm aware of Kane-a-roonie's, etc but he at least had a chance to be champion again when his look changed prior to unmasking.

I feel Kane will just be a lost cause to bring up again, he has the crowd on his side, but he's too low down now for a comeback, also with WWE going 'PG' they can't have Kane being burnt to wear the mask or going major psycho again because it won't be 'kid friendly'. As much as I love Kane, especially in the Attitude era, his time to be a big star has past. May he have many great matches to come, but I can only see Kane bowing out around the same time as Taker does if I had to be honest, it's really what keeps him interesting for story roles,bigt there's so little he could do, unless it's a big run on the IC belt!

I miss the wwe being 14+ only, Why did they have to make it kid friendly! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back