**MERGED** Kane Discussion

ECFNW

Dark Match Jobber
Kanes return with the mask was great imo i loved to see the old kane one last time even though the mask and his attire were different then we have ever seen before.

My question is whats next, hes close to retirement in my eyes and alot of other people feel the same.

Dont get me wrong i loved the whole cena kane embrace the hate angle, until kane lost super cena won, he over came the hate, and after that ambulance match bam! fued was over, and i know he was setting up for wm and the rock and all but to just drop kane and the fued just like that was not the best idea in my eyes.

Now Kanes fued with Orton, it did produce a couple of great matches, but the build up was weak and it seemed really rushed to me, it just didnt make alot of sense to put those two in that position, orton needs to be in the title picture not fueding with someone who is going to retire soon.

Whats next for Kane, we all know he is not getting another wwe or world champ title run, the ic champ is locked up with cody for a while in my opinion, the tag titles are meaningless right now. So i dont see him with any kind of title run.

So who will he have a long meaningful fued with at least until wm next yr with wm29 being his last match iam just assuming that. I really dont see a roll for him unless it has something to do with taker and i doubt wwe will match those two up again its just not a big of a draw as lesner taker, rock taker, austin taker, cena taker.

Where does kane go from here?

I read somewhere not too long ago that Kane doesn't have any plans to retire soon. No idea where, though.

Kane is one of the more versatile guys on the roster. He's firmly cemented as a heel right now and he's definitely an upper midcard level guy, so if they want to maintain his current momentum, they'll keep him with someone else near the same level. Problem is, no one else is really there are they? He's already been with Orton and Cena in the past few months, anyone else is going to seem like a downgrade.

Unfortunately, it looks like he'll either be paired up with a big oaf like Khali or Big Show to make sure they kill absolutely any interest in a few PPVs, or he'll be relegated back to putting over young guys. Eventually, when his character gets less and less air time, he'll start fading seamlessly from heel to face again and put over everyone in sight with occasional wins to keep his credibility in tact.

One possible feud I can see going down would be with him and Brodus Clay. He would probably attack him while he's dancing and whatnot, saying that he hates him for whatever trumped up reason he wants. Could be the person to really put the Funkasaurus on the map.

Kane has been in this position for a long time now, and quite frankly there is nothing wrong with it. Yes, Kane remasked and it was great as it added some rejuvenation to his character. Kane is similar to Chris Jericho in the sense that he can float from the main event into the midcard effortlessly when needed. His credibility is cemented, and it is obvious Glen Jacobs has no problem putting over the younger talent as he is a proven talent that is safe, and also make who ever he is working with pretty good in most cases. Kane really isn't lost in the mix, as he has feuded with two of the top guys in the WWE currently in succession but he has lost a bit of steam since his return. So in the future i see Kane, returning to his role of putting over talent that needs the rub and filling in the holes of where he is needed in the pecking order.

I think they just use Kane to try to get people over or bring them back to relevance...or in the case of John Cena probably give them a safe worker so they don't get their neck broken.

Doesn't matter to me, I still like seeing him come out or seeing him backstage doing whatever he's doing. I liked all of his "versions", too. Old Kane, unmasked and now whatever the hell he is.

Get it....the hell? I'm hilarious.

The embrace that hate angle went no where...absolutely waste of time. The only reason it was interesting was its potential, but you know what? Cena spectacularly gave an AA to kane off the top of ambulance in a boring main event that had so much better matches. Result: momentum killed.
Then Kane went in a feud with Orton, the two guys don`t have much chemistry together. It felt they were working together just to give two big stars a spot at wrestlemania. The match went pretty much unnoticed. As boring as they are together, the feud surprisingly went on for another PPV. Result: well both Orton and Kane are stale and boring.
So yes, Kane`s return was ruined. However even if done well, he would still have been lost in the mix again, that the story of that career.

Unfortunatley, Kane is one of those one time gimmick guys- who has only a few angles to move on his created character. The way he was introduced, via the undertaker was brilliant and fsacinating..Telling the story of his background, strenghts and weaknesses.

Apart from a few sabaticals and coming back to the roar of the crowd(whether it be heel or face)- the crowd ultimatley knows its the same old kane. I have always been a fan of his since his inception, and I too worry about where he goes from here.

I hope management give him the respect he deserves and give glenn an opportunity to have a voice on how his character evolves or doesn't. God knows these horribile "writers" have had more influence than neccesary on more than one occasion. Good luck kane...

I wouldn't write the big red machine off just yet. For his age he's still a solid in-ring worker and can gel well with whoever he's put with. People seem to forget just how much of an established veteran Glenn Jacobs is, simply because he's never been the man.

Then Kane went in a feud with Orton, the two guys don`t have much chemistry together. It felt they were working together just to give two big stars a spot at wrestlemania. The match went pretty much unnoticed. As boring as they are together, the feud surprisingly went on for another PPV. Result: well both Orton and Kane are stale and boring.

I'm sorry but this is just wrong, did you even watch Wrestlemania? Yes, they were lower down on the card but how did you expect them to compete with huge draws on the card like the Rock, Undertaker, HHH, HBK, Y2J, and so on.

There was nothing wrong with the match itself either. Not a technical masterpiece but they weren't exactly swimming through treacle either. For what it was, it was a fairly entertaining ten minutes with a damn good spot to finish. The fact that Kane won - against most people's expectations I'd wager - just goes to show that the company had faith in the feud.

Moreover, Kane and Orton are just perceived as being stale and boring because they aren't in the title race or the main event scene. Orton needs a break from his constant over-exposure and Kane has generally always lurked in the mid-card. Orton is being tipped to face Lesnar later this year which will be one of, if not, the biggest feuds of the summer. Orton is just taking a back seat for the moment.

Meanwhile, Kane is going to carry on doing what he's best at - being the easy go-to guy. Watching the tag match on Smackdown this week made me think that Kane vs. Show would be a probable upcoming feud. And it would work. Sure, it's not going to draw big bucks but if you want a simple, straightforward good guy vs. bad guy dynamic with two wrestlers who will put on an at least average match, you've got 2 perfect candidates right there.
That's the thing, they're safe bets. You know what to expect with something like Kane/Show. They've worked together for over a decade, probably very close friends behind the scenes, and will know each others' styles inside out. Both know how to work a crowd and cut a promo, and the back story is pretty much self-explanatory; Kane would be hissy about being all human when he was teaming with Show way back when, embrace the hate, "I'm a monster", etc., etc. It keeps two popular names busy for a while anyway.

The alternative is to get Kane to put over someone young and upcoming. Ryback would be an interesting one. And there's always the loose ends of the Ryder feud that never got tied up.

best thing to do with kane is rehash the whole ministry of darkness type group with kane as the head figure this time. instead of sacrificing people, have him drive them to darkness and give into the hate. extreme rules ppv, when i heard ryder got involved in the orton match, i was like YES, ryder gave into the hate and attacked orton. but i was wrong. a ministry gimmick would put him in something important and give something to do to some little used midcarders.. and besides, we all saw what happened to the acolytes after the ministry, they took out like a bat out of hell as the revamped apa. bottom line is it would keep kane relevent

I think they're just giving Kane & Orton taking the backseat right now,I mean,they have so much going on right now & they just don't have the time to invest in any of the two.

Lesnar just came back & he just came off a Main Event feud with Cena & now,it appears he's going to disappear from Raw for a while,still being promoted & having promos(obviously),until Triple H makes his comeback from his "Injury",so Lesnar can have a feud with Triple H.

I think they'll just shove Orton into the WHC picture for Over The Limit,with ADR,maybe Big Show & Cody Rhodes too,since Daniel Bryan is now in the WWE Title Picture(Temporarily),Kane will most likely have no match at Over The Limit,what they should do is have Kane disappear until then.

If you've paid any attention to his Resurrected Vignette that aired the night he returned,i've said this many times,it showed three targets when he punched through the glass,& no one seems to notice,John Cena,Randy Orton,& CM Punk.

I think Kane is just knocking down all the top guys on that list,I don't think Daniel Bryan,being on SD!,will be getting a WWE Title run,I see CM Punk beating Bryan clean & then after the match,Kane's fire will hit,during Punk's post match celebration,& his music will start,he comes out,Punk tries to fight him off but Kane catches him quickly with a chokeslam & stands over him almost exactly how he did when he returned at the Slammy's,but this time,he'll be holding the WWE Championship up. Thus,signaling Kane has hit his final target,the WWE Champion & he wants the title,to complete his Resurrection.

I can't believe so many people have blindly looked past the promo & just kept wondering what Kane will do,when it was all in that one promo.

If you want proof,proof has already been shown,he's already feuded with Cena & Orton,so it's obvious WWE is still going with this plan. You still ignore the facts & the riddles in stone. Pure evidence.

Cena was his first feud part of his Resurrection,meaning it had to be one of the more meaningful feuds,Orton was just a filler that didn't matter,Punk will be the most important,so Kane can get a run with the title,thus completing his Resurrection.

I think Kane will have a very good & long run with it,he needs & deserves it,Lesnar shouldn't win the title before Kane,because he would most likely lose it to Cena,Orton,Triple H,or Punk,hell,Lesnar might keep it,if he gets a run with it & defend it against The Rock at WM29 but that would be pointless because he'd lose it the next month,because I don't see Lesnar staying past then.

So Kane should get a run with it until Summerslam or Survivor Series,to truly legitimize his title run,if he loses it,it should be to someone like Punk or Cena,someone of that top-star nature,hell,he could even lose it to Lesnar,because Lesnar could be the only guy who could stop him,I wouldn't mind seeing Kane Vs Lesnar at Survivor Series,just like Triple H Vs Lesnar,i've always wanted to see Kane & Lesnar go at it.

All in all,Kane will be WWE Champion in 2012 & have a long glorious run with it

I never really liked the Kane character and I thought he should have been gone a few months after WM14. I veiwed him as one of these monsters they brought in to challenge Undertaker, ala Giant Gonzeles. But not until recently have I started to appreciate him a little and I realize he is much better when he's setting people on fire of throwing them through or off ramps. His mystique is what keeps him intriging, when you take that away, he serves no point. I don't know if he is retiring soon like every one says but if not, he's a guy to bring out every once in a while like the undertaker. This will keep him fresh as opposed to putting him in a feud with Orton or doing a mock trombone with santino! He can take on the "Attraction" role similar to Andre The Giant and The Undertaker. Vince likes to protect the mystique of the Undertaker, he should do the same with Kane...

The embrace that hate angle went no where...absolutely waste of time. The only reason it was interesting was its potential, but you know what? Cena spectacularly gave an AA to kane off the top of ambulance in a boring main event that had so much better matches. Result: momentum killed.
Then Kane went in a feud with Orton.

I agree... to a degree.(Hey that rhymes!) If Kane is feuding with Orton because Orton made him humble (Shout out to Iron Sheik). Then why did he go after Cena first? I did'nt care too much for that feud at all. Embace the hate? What the fuck is that? Kane should have went after Orton to begin with. I don't agree with the statement about the WM match. That match was awsome.

I love Kane because of his versatility, he can be sprung into a feud with anyone at any given time and most of the time it just seems right and they usually turn out damn good. My only hope is that they will book Kane in a meaningful feud, I am really hoping for Kane-Taker at WM 29, it could lead to an epic finish and really put WWE up there in the eyes of the fans.

Kane doesnt really have any position in the wwe imo anymore... atm hes nothing more then somewhat of a jobber only to have comeback and lost to multiple people not striking any fear in anyone.

Its a real shame because back in the day Kane was FEROCIOUS!!

Kane's character is incredibly shallow. Beyond the jerry springer storyline of him surviving a fire at a funeral home that killed his parents but his real dad is paul bearer and he doesn't really have physical scars, just mental ones, he's pretty much just and angry monster guy.

He ALWAYS does this cycle. "LOOK OUT!!! I R TEH PISSED!!!" "now I'm just a little angry" "now I'm the likeable big dude" "now I'm the likeable big dude who befriended someone" "LOOK OUT!!!! I R TEH PISSED AGAIN!!!!"

Same shit, same cycle forever. He doesn't ever get anymore over than his first few weeks and it usually drops off pretty quickly because it's a shallow character that you can't really do a whole lot with. Of course, most guys would love to have a stable cycle for their character that works for years as long as you come up with (semi) creative ways to piss him off again.

Danny Dirtz, when the hell was Kane anymore ferocious? He came in, ripped off the door at HITC, had all this mystery, couldn't speak. They played it out forever, then he lost to the undertaker, eventually turned face, eventually befriended X Pac, then turned on X Pac. Along the way he left and came back several times. Did stuff like electrocuting shane's balls, set JR on fire, threw RVD through a bunch of shit. This time he came back, chokeslamed Ryder off a loading dock, through the stage, and wheeled him off the stage. Also beat up Randy Orton's dad. Now he's the "sorta pissed" Kane. How is this current edition of Kane ANY different than the ones before? It really isn't. Same thing.

I understand Kane has just gotten off a somewhat lackluster feud with Randy Orton,he made it good with his amazing promo skills & the way he gets his point across.

When Kane said "I'm having so much fun,the type of fun....that the entire family can enjoy" & slouched down over Bob Orton,it was extremely epic or when he cut the promo saying "I saw fear laced with the desperation of a son,rendered helpless in the face of his father's suffering" & "the heart of a monster holds no place for his father & as far as i'm concerned my true father is & always has been the devil himself,so I can careless what you do to Paul Bearer,i'm sorry to say "Dad" I have no intention of saving you",it made the feud somewhat interesting & he actually sounds demented

The feud obviously came to an end at Extreme Rules,so the real problem is,what does WWE have left for Kane to keep him relevant & not drop down to the Mid-Card like he usually does?

In my personal opinion,they will & should have him feud with CM Punk next,if you paid any close attention to the last Resurrected Vignette that was actually aired the night he returned,when he punched through the glass,it showed three superstars,John Cena,Randy Orton,& CM Punk. He's just knocking down of all his primary targets. It's simple logic.

It's obvious WWE will most likely keep Kane off of TV until Over The Limit,because we haven't seen him on the last Raw or Smackdown & I don't think WWE will just randomly have him wrestle with jobbers for no reason,so it's actually a good thing they're keeping him off TV currently.

I think Punk will beat Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit,then Kane will come out,interrupting Punk's celebration,they'll brawl,he'll chokeslam Punk & hold up the WWE Championship,thus starting the feud.

The following weeks Kane can keep attacking Punk before,during,or after matches & then finally explain why,he wants to complete his Resurrection,by becoming the WWE Champion,he can say "Sure i've taken on John Cena & Randy Orton,but they we're just footnotes,I need the WWE Championship to complete my Resurrection,to complete me"

Kane can then win it,feud with Punk until Summerslam & then have a solid run with it & end his career on a high note,I do think this is Kane's last run in WWE.

If he's going out,he should go out with the great WWE Championship run that he's deserved for so many years.

What do you think WWE will do with him?

LOL I don't think Kane will be WWE Champion anytime soon.

Since he has returned with the mask he has just been plain boring. Kane was better unmasked.

Kane is kind of just there for me now. He annoyed the piss out of me during the Cena feud, then he was a bit more tolerable during the Orton feud. He also put on some great matches with Orton, so there's that.

I don't need to ever see him in the main feud of the company again, though. Man was that Cena feud a chore to watch. It almost made me not want to see Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back