• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When is the last time you cared about WWE's womens division?

I stopped caring about the WWE women's division the day Mickie James was released. I also miss Candice Michelle, I think she was actually pretty decent in the ring and on the mic, not the greatest but was improving.

And I would care more if they would start using Maryse and Natalya in the ring more. And if they would finally take the damn title off freakin god-awful Laycool already. They annoy the hell out of me, just made me cringe at SummerSlam with their teenage girl attitudes and tweeting on their phones. IMO, they have ruined the Women's Championship beyond repair by reducing it to a "BFF Charm", as WWE.com called it. :disappointed: :banghead: :flush:

I've always cared about the Diva's Division, because the Divas have shown they can go out their when they have a decent storyline, or a storyline at that (Piggie James). That whole storyline brought out the mic skills of Layla, McCool, Maria, Mickie, & even Beth. Also that storyline had all those women wrestle and even Natalya.

The RAW side of things hasn't had a storyline since *thinks* Victoria's 'Checklist'? On RAW they just have contenders and championships but no actual storyline, ever. Thats also why we get 3 Minute Specials on RAW all the time :shrug:.

Once the WWE writers actually give the Diva's a storyline, I feel like they actually go out there and prove themselves because that one promo with Mickie & Maria against LayCool at "Mickie's Going Away Party" was amazing, and also had about 10 minutes of time. Thats what needs to happen more often so they can prove themselves and have people actually care about their in-ring work.

Right now.

LayCool is entertaining to me. They're funny. They're interesting. They're regularly one of the best parts of NXT. They're fun to watch in the ring. And now Serena has finally stepped into the ring, Beth Phoenix is returning, and Kelly Kelly is improving, so the Smackdown Women's Division is only to get better and better.

It's amazing how easy it is to get people to care about the women's division if you actually give them a storyline and characters.

I think people are really looking at the women's division the wrong way. The thing is, you aren't going to care about the women's division the same you do with the men's, and you never will. If you get that out of your head and take the women's division for what it is, an entertaining diversion that isn't SUPPOSED to be serious like the men's division, then you'll find you enjoy it a lot more.

I still care about the womans diva divison actually I like it more now that Trish is gone. I got so tired of seeing Trish all the time with the title and always challenging for the title. When she left the WWE at Unforgiven 2006 I was so happy. As for Lita and Mickie I miss them alot they are alot better then Trish.

So you hate Cena, Edge, Orton and HHH? They are ALWAYS after the title. Trish was and is a valuable player to womans wrestling. I really miss her.

I don't really remember the day I started caring about the Womans but I remember when I stopped caring. When Lita left. I was devastated was Trish left, (she's Canadian and she's a a good technical wrestler, kaay?) and I still continued watching any Lita matches. Then she retired, and I just stopped caring about it. Lita and Trish was what made me like womans wrestling in the first place, and seeing them retire was pretty sad.

I think I would start caring again when the use Natalya, Tamina, Beth Phoenix and Serena more. (And hopefully they get better booking.)

EDIT: Kelly Kelly is getting better too. They should put her in book her better. She's actually surprisingly my 'favourite' womans wrestler right now.

The last time I cared was when TNA was giving a big push to their women division and the WWE realise that it could work. The WWE start pushing their division more and gave matches and woman angle more time. I think the problem is when they rely too much on Diva and waste the talent of the Natalya and Tamina who could make it interesting too watch instead of Layla and McCool who I have 0 desire to see in a match or angle. There's also Gail Kim and Serena who could put good matches.

I think the problem is that just like the tag team division, the WWE lost faith in that division and think it don't sell. Imo, what don't sell is divas matches, not women matches.

I'll be honest, I am in such withdrawal from the REAL athletes like Lita, Trish, Ivory, Jazz, Molly Holly, Victoria, and Jacqueline and when they had matches that could actually mean something, even having hardcore matches. Like Trish and Victoria's Chicago Street Fight, or Jacqueline and Lita's hardcore match. I even will go as far to see Mickie was awesome, Candice showed some improvement. Beth is amazing, Natalya, and Kelly is showing improvement, and Melina is pretty good too. Tamina is still too new for me to judge just yet. Jury is still out. It just sucks that now everything is either a tag match, or a stupid regular one fall. No more of the old days match we used to see like on the old school Raw is War etc. I think while wanting to help Linda's congress bid, it almost seems like they are trying to dumb down the content, and while making it family friendly, VKM and his company kinda forgot what it was in the first place that got them to where they were in the ratings before. It was things like Austin bleeding in his match against Bret Hart, or Mankind being thrown from the top of the cell, or Stacy Keibler giving a lap dance on a desk, or who can forget when Lita beat the holy hell outta Trish at Survivor Series 2004 making Trish's face bleed from breaking her nose? Its this watering down in his attempt to reach a broader audience that is making him alienate his first audience to begin with. I'll always admire the pioneering women of WWE, but its making it go back to the days of old before we had the attitude era, makes me wonder if its going to be a vicious cycle, will we have another dry spell before he realizes what he's doing to his company?

So you hate Cena, Edge, Orton and HHH? They are ALWAYS after the title. Trish was and is a valuable player to womans wrestling. I really miss her.

I don't really remember the day I started caring about the Womans but I remember when I stopped caring. When Lita left. I was devastated was Trish left, (she's Canadian and she's a a good technical wrestler, kaay?) and I still continued watching any Lita matches. Then she retired, and I just stopped caring about it. Lita and Trish was what made me like womans wrestling in the first place, and seeing them retire was pretty sad.

I think I would start caring again when the use Natalya, Tamina, Beth Phoenix and Serena more. (And hopefully they get better booking.)

EDIT: Kelly Kelly is getting better too. They should put her in book her better. She's actually surprisingly my 'favourite' womans wrestler right now.

Do you not see my user name Nicole13EDGE/HardyFan so yea I'm a Edge fan and I'm a John Cena and Orton fan but not a HHH fan. Edge is no longer in the title picture and neither is Cena or HHH. Orton just started going after the title again. Trish always had the title or was going after it they gave her to much of a push.

I honestly have always liked the WWE divas division since i started watching over 15 years ago. Alundra Blaze, Sable, Bull Nakano, Bertha Fae, Luna Vachon, Jacqueline, Ivory, Tori, Molly Holly, Miss Jackie, Nidia, Chyna, Jazz, Victoria, Trish, Lita and ofcourse Miss MICKIE JAMES were all great talents in the WWE during their run and some were involved in ground breaking story lines/matches and given temendous pushes. And now Melina, Michelle, Beth, Jillian Hall, Natalya, Layla, Kelly Kelly, Alicia, Tamina, Tiffany, maryse, Gail Kim, and Serena are all great or greatly improving women wrestlers. I think its all about then and now. Then was the attitude era and WWE did and could get away with alot more, now, not so much. The talents their still, just needs to be utilized :)

To be honest, it would probably be the Mickie James vs Trish Stratus fued, ever since they did those Diva competitions I feel the whole division sunk down to hell

Is this a trick question, because I've NEVER cared for the womens division at all. Even when the division had Trish, Lita, Victoria, Molly Holly, Ivory, Jazz and Gail Kim I never really cared too much about it. The only time that Womens wrestling peaked my interest was the Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong feud when the Knockouts division first started up, but thats TNA, not WWE.

I'm not badmouthing any of the Diva's or anything or the division for that matter, but the truth is Women's wrestling has never been a draw, its just there and one thing history has shown is that if the women s division is discontinued (which has happened MANY times in the WWE), no one really cares even in the 80's when you had a bunch of Womens wrestlers (women who can actually wrestle) to watch.

For example, I liked Trish and Lita, but even that feud was never enough to draw my attention. For as long as I can remember Womens wrestling has been a time for me to go to the bathroom, its just not interesting. So there are Womens wrestlers I like, but I would never turn on RAW because they are wrestling. If they are there I have no issues with it but if they never had another Womens wrestling match in the WWE I certainly wouldn't care.

Do you not see my user name Nicole13EDGE/HardyFan so yea I'm a Edge fan and I'm a John Cena and Orton fan but not a HHH fan. Edge is no longer in the title picture and neither is Cena or HHH. Orton just started going after the title again. Trish always had the title or was going after it they gave her to much of a push.

I was just wondering...Edge, Orton and Cena have had the title a lot. I was just wondering if that's what you mean by "over-pushed". Trish has had 7 Womans titles. She beat the record for most Womans titles. Do you like Ric Flair? He's had 16 world titles. I guess that means he's "over-pushed" too right?

What else is there to do in the Diva's section anyways? Basically everyone wants the title. Since the Diva's don't get enough time to have other feuds going on, it makes sense for just having people feud over the title.

I can't say that I have ever really cared about it to begin with. Sure they are hot, but that isn't why I watch wrestling. I am not looking for wack off material! I watch it for what it is. WRESTLING!

Sure there were times that the women's division was better than it is now. But even then I wasn't glued to the TV either. My "favorite" feud was the Mickie James/Trish Stratus Feud. I thought it was decent because WWE went above and beyond as far as Mickie becoming Obsessed with Trish and then taking her title at WM. With the infamous Pussy Grab/Hand Lick.... LOL. I was surprised by that. So I think that was the last time the division was some what decent!

I was just wondering...Edge, Orton and Cena have had the title a lot. I was just wondering if that's what you mean by "over-pushed". Trish has had 7 Womans titles. She beat the record for most Womans titles. Do you like Ric Flair? He's had 16 world titles. I guess that means he's "over-pushed" too right?

What else is there to do in the Diva's section anyways? Basically everyone wants the title. Since the Diva's don't get enough time to have other feuds going on, it makes sense for just having people feud over the title.

Trish had 7 title reigns in 4 years and one lasted over a year so she got 6 title reigns in 3 years thats way to many I mean seriously thats why nobody else could win the title stupid Trish always had it or was challenging for it. Lita is more deserving of being a 7 time womans champion then Trish. Ric was not over pushed he won 16 title reigns over 36 years in the ring.

If Vince would stop being so high on Trish and realize she is never coming back then he might but more interest in the divison like he used to.

Is this a trick question?

Indeed it is... because I've always cared about women's wrestling. Actually, it was the thing that got me into professional wrestling (both as a fan and potentially trying to become one later on) full-time. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain why considering the answer lies in my avatar.

Anywho, the Diva's are starting to recover and build up a better division to the place where they had it in the late 90's, early 00's. A lot of the better girls left during one period of time and left a HUGE void in the division with Mickie James being the only "credible" diva left (and by that I mean wrestling skills, name value and charisma). Once she left, they started developing everyone else with Lay-Cool (who are the most interesting characters), Alicia Fox (who deserves to be at the top) and Eve (EXCELLENT athlete). Hell, even the Bella Twins and Jillian are pulling out all the stops. Right now, they are doing great as a whole but with the previous years being a let-down and the stacked division on RAW amongst a huge storyline, it has a huge influence.

Women might not be the big drawers, but they have proven in the past that if they are given something interesting to work with like the men have on a consistent basis, then they will draw numbers. Look at Mickie James/Trish Stratus feud... you can't deny they did something big. What about Chyna? Or the Cyndi Lauper/Wendi Richter rock/wrestling cross-over? It's just that people won't care about them because of what's going on right now... and it can be seen from the amount of people that don't care about them... they are currently fillers, but damn good one's at that.

The last time I really cared about the womens division was with Trish and Lita.

Sure, Mickie and Melina are/were good in the ring, but the division was so much better a few yrs ago with Trish, Lita, Molly, Victoria etc, they were just more entertaining and divas like Trish and Lita were involved in GOOD storylines with Male wrestlers

e.g- Trish and Vince, Lita & Hardys, Trish & Y2J/Christian

That was when the division mattered. LayCool? Meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back