When do fans go too far?

I'm fucking pissed off!!!!
I just watched the video and the crowd sounds like a bunch of eighth graders forced to show at some concert by the wiggles, for gods sake.

The booing was acceptable, but the chants, on the other hand, were not.
They showed NO respect to Cena, who's probably 10 times a better human being than half those people there, if not more.

Fine You can say that the CHARACTER John Cena was promoting wrestlemania, but it was the MAN/REAL John Cena giving the speech, and he deserves respect,god damit.

If it was hogan who was giving the speech, the crowd would never have acted that way.
If it was Austin who was giving the speech, the crowd would never have acted that way.
If it was Dwayne who was giving the speech, the crowd would have never acted like that.
They don't desvere that kind of treatment.....
So why does Cena?
He 's a big supporter to the military, gives wishes to dieing kids for fucks sake, and thats how people repay him. He does deserve credit though for actually staying and finishing his speech, instead of saying forget this and leaving. And it didn't look as if it was affecting him to much, but the videos I saw didn't have much detail of his face. That was low, save the chants for the live events, PPVs and Raws, and at least give the man enough respect to speak.

I just don't get it, though. The reaction was truly un-called for. I understand that people have the right to speak their mind, thats where booing comes in, but it should never escalate to chants during a press confrence. He busts his ass to entertain millions across the globe, andhe's repaid with boo's.

Man, we fans sure fucked up wrestling

Oh and to anybody who doesn't like my opinion, well I don't Give a fuck, so bite me.
So go head and "red" rep me, I still won't give a flying fuck.

Damn dude breathe. Lol. I understand where you're coming from but those in attendance are not true fans. True fans can differentiate between Cena the man and Cena the character and show proper respect to him during a press conference.

Damn dude breathe. Lol. I understand where you're coming from but those in attendance are not true fans. True fans can differentiate between Cena the man and Cena the character and show proper respect to him during a press conference.

Dude waiting all those hours just to see people talk for a half hour isnt being a real fan? I think most of us were die hard fans to even be there just for that. Some people just legit dont like Cena. Based on everything i was hearing there , most of the people hate Cena because hes basically the poster boy for everything PG and the things we dont want in wrestling as FANS. It sucks that hes that guy, but in reality, he is.

WWE talks all this stuff about the " universe " being allowed to voice how they feel, yet they censor everything and take away signs that has anything remotely bad about Cena? In the end, that turns more people against him. There was also a huge chant of " Turn Heel " btw which they cut out.

I dont agree with everything that happened, but saying were not " real " fans is a bad statement. NYC is the mecca of real wrestling fans.

And BTW .. Fans didnt throw cereal at John Cena , some fans threw cereal AT THE CAR that he was in as it was pulling infront of the place and every window was up. Nothing was thrown at him. Lets not make it sound worse then it was .. and heres the report

- WrestlingINC.com reader Willliam Coshburn sent this in about yesterday's WrestleMania press conference: I live in NY and was unable to go inside for the press conference, but while waiting outside at the side entrance John Cena's car pulled up along the side walk. A fan apparently threw some Fruity Pebbles at him. The cereal hit the car as it was rolling up to the entrance. Cena also looked extremely tired and did not acknowledge any fans, even though some were cheering him (most were booing). The Rock, however, turned to the fans and told them to come inside. Cena legitimately looked out of it.

Man,I don't want to say that the fans at the press conference are ******s,but they really need to get their heads checked.

Who the hell thought it would be okay for them to throw something at Cena,even if it was just a box of Fruity Pebbles?It was way out of line.Next thing you know someone's going to throw a brick at him at next year's press conference.He gets it,some of the fans don't like him.They don't have to assault him to prove their point.

I hate the fact the fans that are booing Cena think they're smarks,when it's so easy to manipulate them.Just turn the wrestler heel.They love nothing than to cheer the heels and boo the faces.They already proved it from their reactions when Cena FU'd The Rock on Raw.Why does anyone think The Miz is getting such a big pop from the audience?He has one catchphrase,he has about the same number of moves as Cena and he hasn't lost cleanly in months.By all means he should be booed out of the building every week for the same reason they're booing Cena.

The WWE knows that some of the fans think that Cena's stale,but they're not going to change Cena's gimmick because he sells to a lot of other people.Those fans are just bitter that they're not the demographic that the WWE are pandering to.With the amount of hate Cena gets you'd think he started a war in Iraq.

The "smarks" either need to learn how to change the channel,or differentiate between a person and a gimmick.I won't even start on how inappropriate it is to yell "F*** you Cena!" or "Shut the f*** up!" in front of a bunch of kids.Those smarks are just overgrown babies.Give them a binky and rock them to sleep so they won't start fussing again.

Dude waiting all those hours just to see people talk for a half hour isnt being a real fan? I think most of us were die hard fans to even be there just for that. Some people just legit dont like Cena. Based on everything i was hearing there , most of the people hate Cena because hes basically the poster boy for everything PG and the things we dont want in wrestling as FANS. It sucks that hes that guy, but in reality, he is.

WWE talks all this stuff about the " universe " being allowed to voice how they feel, yet they censor everything and take away signs that has anything remotely bad about Cena? In the end, that turns more people against him. There was also a huge chant of " Turn Heel " btw which they cut out.

I dont agree with everything that happened, but saying were not " real " fans is a bad statement. NYC is the mecca of real wrestling fans.

A poor choice of words then. Not true fans, then poorly behaved fans. But I wholeheartly agree that the censering the WWE is doing is just plain silly.

I found the whole thing completely disrespectful. It was just low. People some time forget that there is more to a person than his character. I don't have a problem with people if they want to boo. It's in there rights to do so, but, it is completely different thing when you begin to verbally abuse someone. That's where I felt the "fans" here crossed the line. Some of "fuck you cena" chants that were started along with other ones had no place in this setting. I watched the thing and I was amazed that he was even able to continue. It was ridiculous. The guy would say two words and be cut off by the "fans" in the room. Cheer, boo, chant you can't wrestle, but other than that come on. The guy works his ass off. Goes out there every night and to entertain and preform for you, and you don't show the slightest bit of respect?

For those that say he deserves it, are you serious? The guy goes out there and does what is put on paper for him. The does everything he's told. He goes out of his way to work for this company. Its not his fault that he's booked the way he is. That's the higher ups, which I hoped paid attention. Hard for them not to considering they had to edit about 5 to 6 minutes out of how long he was up there for. Hell even Trips was getting sick of it.

I just don't understand how it is right for "fans" to throw things and harass a guy for doing his job and what he's told. Its down right tasteless, and I applaud Cena for staying out there and being a professional about it .

IMO the fans only go to far when they get PHYSICAL w/the superstars. Throwing stuff is not right & you can really hurt someone by doing it so whoever does stuff like this should be ashamed of themselves. With that being said I gotta laugh at some of you guys on here talking about they shouldn't boo Cena like that or he doesn't deserve those chants!!!!! :confused: WHY THE HELL NOT???? Man I really can't believe how soft & sensitive the wrestling fan has become.

You mean to tell me that if a group of ppl don't like something they can't voice there opinion when they are the ones that pay for the product? That's wrong? :wtf: Cena was at a WWE Press Conference for his match that means that ppl was booing John the Character not John the man. Now I can see if he was at a McDonalds or something & ppl treated him like that, now that would be wrong & he doesn't deserve that kind of treatmeant outside anything wrestling.

You ppl that or defending John Cena give reasons for why this guy should be liked inside the ring but your reasons are only ones for why we should be liked & respected outside the ring.

Originally Posted by LegendSlayer 1.3.97 He 's a big supporter to the military, gives wishes to dieing kids for fucks sake, and thats how people repay him. He busts his ass to entertain millions across the globe, and he's repaid with boo's.

See what he does outside the ring dosen't have anything to do w/him inside the ring what makes you think that ppl don't respect him or like him for all that great stuff. Just cause he is great outside of wrestling doesn't mean he shouldn't be booo & told he sucks when the subject is wrestling. So is John the only guy that bust his ass in the WWE? So what you are saying is that nobody should get booed then cause everybody bust there ass & works hard in the WWE. You tell me why should John get special treatment, just cause he is nice outside the ring. :lmao: BTW he is repaid for his hard work w/a fatass check.

Originally Posted by jstroud14 Last I checked, Cena doesn't book things, doesn't determine pushes, and for SURE did not pitch the PG Tv idea...what a bunch of morons.

Does what you say apply to everyone in the WWE or just Cena cause he is a great guy outside the ring. So are you saying that ppl shouldn't booo CM Punk too cause it's not his fault he is a heel it's creative's fault or ppl on here shouldn't say Kofi Kingston sucks because he cant talk on the mic that's not his fault that's creative fault or we shouldn't boo The Miz it's not his fault for whatever the reason ppl boo him cause creative & the higher ups tell him what to do.

Originally Posted by MoizH28 Its bullshit excuse the language but it seriously is. That guy is out there working his ass off probably 10x harder then the "fans" that are booing him. I wonder how many of these "die hards" realize that its fake. Sure if the guy was a dick I would understand but from what we all have read and seen he is one of the most genuinely nice guys in the company. Its really a shame to see how people act nowadays.

See another comment that is stating that John should be loved & cheered as the face that he is inside the ring just cause he works hard & is genuinely a nice person outside the ring. You telling me that a person should be cheered even though he isn't performing at the level everyone knows he can but he doesn't cause he is fine w/just getting by w/the fans that do like him. So he shouldn't get booed for that?

See I was just giving a few examples of some of the ppl on here that defend Cena for all the wrong reasons. There's nothing wrong w/being a fan of his SHIT at the end of the day I'm a fan of his but I'm not going to cheer for a man that doesn't really go his hardest in the ring & on the mic just cause he doesn't have to cause most of his fan base doesn't notice his flaws cause there to young to.

Furthermore I'm not gon cheer for him inside the ring either just cause he works hard outside the ring & does wonderful things for ppl outside the ring. John Cena's problem is he is a B grade talent that has been preforming for a few years on a C grade level C+ at best & he has been in the A grade spot for a little to long for most ppl to stomach. All I'm tryn to say is die hard Cena Lovers & all you Cena defenders is that you can't expect for ppl to cheer this man & love his character when it markets to much nonsense & has been doing so for far to long. I know Hogan's character did to but that was years ago times have changed. I understand the reason why it's being done but that doesn't make it right. Some of you guys just go w/the flow of things a little to much.

Wow. I am genuinely disappointed with the reactions displayed by a lot of the folks on here. I would love to list exactly what is wrong with the overly sensitive nonsense, but there is such an over abundance that I can't even begin to detail a report as to where I would even begin.

To condense as best as possible, however, I will point to the above post by "Hollywood E Rock" as being the most accurate transaction of points conveyed in a single post. I almost completely agree with his remarks, despite some gross misspellings. The whole lesson is clearly illustrated, and I feel that the majority of posters are just whining because the outcome of an event was not tailored to their liking.

Fact: John Cena appeared as his character at a sanctioned WWE event regarding the forthcoming Wrestlemania pay per view.

Fact: Cheering or booing any wrestler on the roster during any event where you paid currency to attend is not wrong in any way, shape or form.

Fact: John Cena is paid a lot of money to make appearances like these in conjunction with his merchandising rights and annual pay rates for regularly touring with the company.

Fact: Nobody is injured when fans show their dissatisfaction vocally to a group of performers at an event, such as the one in question.

Fact: Swearing in front of a child makes you kind of a dick, but it doesn't make you a bad fan, or a poor mark.

Originally Posted by LegendSlayer 1.3.97 He 's a big supporter to the military, gives wishes to dieing kids for fucks sake, and thats how people repay him. He busts his ass to entertain millions across the globe, and he's repaid with boo's.

See what he does outside the ring dosen't have anything to do w/him inside the ring what makes you think that ppl don't respect him or like him for all that great stuff. Just cause he is great outside of wrestling doesn't mean he shouldn't be booo & told he sucks when the subject is wrestling. So is John the only guy that bust his ass in the WWE? So what you are saying is that nobody should get booed then cause everybody bust there ass & works hard in the WWE. You tell me why should John get special treatment, just cause he is nice outside the ring. :lmao: BTW he is repaid for his hard work w/a fatass check.

Thats just it, he wasn't in the ring,at raw or some other WWE show. He was at a press confrence. Hate the character all you want, chant whatever you fucking want at a SHOW, but not at a press confrence.And BTW I meant that he shoundn't be DISRESPECTED because of the good shit he does outside of the ring. Boo him for all I care, but "Fuck You Cena" Chants?Really? They were acting like Cena stole their wives from them, not that he was a character. Yea he's repaid with a check for doing his job, but the FANS repay him for his love for the biz and the fans. You're right he shouldn't get an special treatment for being a hard worker, but at LEAST he should get enough respect to be able to speak more than a couple words before the crowd starts chanting. Would it have been SO fucking hard to Save the hate for Raw or live events, and show the man respect OUTSIDE of the ring and off Air. Fine the booing was acceptable, and even the "You can't wrestlr" is understandable, but it should of ended there.

Now Cena you atleast get respect from the fans outside the ring, where Cena the character ends, and Cena the Man begins, because that was the real Cena giving the speech, NOT superCena.That's what I meant from my first post, and BTW its sad that some people are actual taking this "I hate Cena" thing personally, thats just fucking stupid.

[QUOTE=LegendSlayer 1.3.97;2988579]Thats just it, he wasn't in the ring,at raw or some other WWE show. He was at a press confrence. Hate the character all you want, chant whatever you fucking want at a SHOW, but not at a press confrence.And BTW I meant that he shoundn't be DISRESPECTED because of the good shit he does outside of the ring. Boo him for all I care, but "Fuck You Cena" Chants?Really? They were acting like Cena stole their wives from them, not that he was a character. Yea he's repaid with a check for doing his job, but the FANS repay him for his love for the biz and the fans. You're right he shouldn't get an special treatment for being a hard worker, but at LEAST he should get enough respect to be able to speak more than a couple words before the crowd starts chanting. Would it have been SO fucking hard to Save the hate for Raw or live events, and show the man respect OUTSIDE of the ring and off Air. Fine the booing was acceptable, and even the "You can't wrestlr" is understandable, but it should of ended there.Now Cena you atleast get respect from the fans outside the ring, where Cena the character ends, and Cena the Man begins, because that was the real Cena giving the speech, NOT superCena.That's what I meant from my first post, and BTW its sad that some people are actual taking this "I hate Cena" thing personally, thats just fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

See the thing is John wasn't just at any Press Conference, this was a meeting discussion about Wrestlemania. Now if it was a Conference for bullying or aids awareness then I would agree he shouldn't be booed, but this wasn't the case. I agree the "FUCK YOU" chants was taking it to far & if anything was thrown at him that was terrible also he shouldn't be treated like that cause at the end of the day the man does put his body on the line all the time for the company & the fans.

Now that may have been the real Cena giving the speech but he was in a keyfabe environment everyone else was in character & its no secret that wrestlers tend to walk a fine line when it comes to there character & there real self. I'm sure we have all heard Rock Austin HBK Y2J & others say that the product may be scripted but when they come through those curtains it is very real for them. There very passionate about what they do & they take it very seriously. I think this is the reason why most fans take stuff so personally w/the superstars cause they tend to 1 min be in character then the next min there themselves they make the product so real sometimes I think most fans get to caught up in the hype which is very unfortunate cause this is when fans go to far like w/throwning shit & telling the stars "FUCK YOU". SMH

This happened because it was in New York City. NYC is only 1 step up from New Jersey which is the armpit of the United States. The "fans" there are a bunch of knuckle dragging, low IQ, hairyback, low income, losers.

If that took place here in Chicago (the real home of the real fans) that box of fruity pebbles cereal would have been shoved so far up that guy's ass he'd be talking like he was from New York. Over here we know the difference between real person and portrayed character. In fact, if that conference took place anywhere else (except Philly, because they are even worse) this would have never happened.

It's a real shame that is how he was treated at a press conference. But hey, what do you expect out of a bunch of classless, NYC fist-pumping, low-lifes?

Cena probably had one of the worst days of his life during that press conference and he can thank the Rock for it. With the Rock coming back it brought back everyone who loves the Rock and are sick of Cena. So Rock's stock rises to the moon while Cena's plummets(sp?) to Hell. There are two ways to fix this because right now it's WAAAAAY out of control:

1. Turn Cena Heel - Have him blame the fans for not believing in him and say they aren't part of the Cenation.

2. Have the Rock squash his beef with Cena and they somehow get mutual respect for each other by destroying the Miz (after the Miz wins of course.)

Other than that Cena look like he's at a point of no return. I don't really feel bad for him, but I don't think he deserved that. I've actually met Cena and he's one of the best stars I've ever encountered. He is a HUGE supporter of the military and for that alone I will always be a supporter of him. - Shake 'em off champ...you don't need them!

You know what? I'm not a fan of John Cena and i don't watch WWE, because i feel he is polluting my TV/computer screen when he is on. The thing is that i can respect what he does outside of the ring, so if i would see him on the street i would say hello to him. The people went a little too far because yeah they can boo him or chear him but attacking him physically is assault. This reminds me of when a fan jumped the ring when Hogan formed the NWO at bash at the beach 96, that is really extreme to take a wrestling character too serioulsly.

It's still real to them dammit!!

But on a more serious note, Good Lord, wrestling fans suck. I'm not the biggest Cena fan, but if I've met him, and he was nothing but polite and had a smile on his face. He doesn't deserve that kind of response. He supports the people who Americans are so blindly dependent on(that being our troops, not bashing the troops though. I just hate the U.S. government), busts his ass for 300 days a year, he makes wishes for dying kids for Odin's sake. This is how you **** repay him? That was just classless and completely uncalled for. And for the people saying he deserves it, HOW?? He's the hardest working man in the WWE right now. "Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen?" Bullshit. Those morons went to far. Booing a character, whatever. Booing a man who's trying to give a speech on an event that you all are probably paying for? :banghead: A lot of wrestling fans suck.

Fans of the WWE can boo and cheer whom ever they like, just like fans of the NFL, NBA, and even NASCAR. We as fans pay our money for events and merchandise so the verbal abuse Cena took at that press conference is what comes with the territory. The videos that the OP presented is an example of fans going too far. Fans like that are a disgrace to every one else that gets it. But as far as the taunts, the chants and other verbal abuse from fans, Cena needs to accept that that comes with what he is doing and deal with it.

And as far as what he does outside the ring, thats great and a stand up thing to do, but a lot of very unpopular athletes do charity work and still get critized. Doing charity work does not give you a free pass from criticism.

I think people treat wrestling like soccer is treated in Brazil. No offense to the people in Brazil, but shooting a man because he scored in his own goal is crazy. Like i said earlier, i don't like Cena but i wouldn't throw stuff at him or shoot him on the street thats just crazy.

I feel quite uneasy watching these fan videos of the press conference.

On TV sure Cena gets booed, but generally (unless the shows are HEAVILY HEAVILY edited) even the ones chanting "Cena sucks" do quieten down and let him talk. But from these videos it would seem that the crowd just didn't care and were trying as hard as possible to make him shut up.

They go too far when they begin to forget that its scripted wrestling. Also when fans wish death and injury on other superstars because of a storyline or something. No reason for that kind of thing.

They go too far when they begin to forget that its scripted wrestling. Also when fans wish death and injury on other superstars because of a storyline or something. No reason for that kind of thing.

Exactly, we as fans should know by now that wrestling is scripted. If fans really believe that Undertaker is really a undead zombie they need to get their heads checked. In a TNA thread, some poster said that the storyline Hernandez is doing with his new stable is going to get people to hate Mexicans/Latinos. Do you think Hernandez truly believes whats he says on Impact i.e that he hates America? He is being paid in American dollars for crying out loud.

Some of the posts I am reading on here make me want to rip my eyeballs out.

Was it disrespectful the cereal throwing? Yes. But they booed. They get to boo. They have a right to boo if they want. They have a right to cheer and boo whomever they want. If they wanted to boo and rag on Cena, THAT'S THEIR CHOICE!!! IT'S THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS!!!! Chanting a heel turn is perfectly fine. Who cares? It's excitement. Chanting "kill yourself" would be crossing the line.

Most of us can appreciate John Cena the person, but that's the thing, it's John Cena the character many of us don't like. He may not be booking it but it's our right to voice our displeasure for the character. Even if he is not targeted towards us, we don't have to like it. We don't have to embrace it being shoved down our throats, we coudl voice our displeasure. I mean seriously, it wasn't Mike Mizanin that was at that press conference. It was The Miz. Not Dwayne Johnson but the Rock. Not Adam Copeland but Edge. While there can be a line drawn, the chants I heard were perfectly fine until the crowd throws cereal or whatever. That has no place in it.

But come on, we're FANS. WE'RE FUCKING FANS!!!! We can cheer and boo whomever we want. Some of you may be WWE fanboys who are castrated and eat up anything but if we want to boo Cena, we have just as much right to do so as those who cheer him. I don't boo Cena's character because it's the smark thing to do. I boo Cena's character because I think he fucking sucks. I cheer The Miz's character because I like it. I am not afraid to cheer faces like Kofi Kingston, Danielson, Morrison, Truth (though hated, he can put on a good match and same with Santino, who is underrated in the ring) If you give me a reason to cheer you, I will cheer you. If not, then no dice. Cena does not do it for me. Period.

Fans go to far when they get physical, simple as that. They can boo, shout abuse etc, that's part of sports, thats part of life and its been part of WWE for a long time. If Cena didn't AA The Rock the night before I'm pretty sure he wouldn't of got all that abuse, but he did AA The Rock, he AAed a legend, so he got shit hot heat at the press conference. End of.

I think it comes down to the place and time. Put Cena in front of an audience at a stadium or other venue, where he is performing, then yes, absolutely boo your heart out. Show your displeasure, it's the perfect place to do so.

But at a press conference it is horribly disrespectful, not only to John Cena, but to WWE itself. It simply isn't the time or place for that sort of behaviour. This was a press event to publicize the biggest wrestling event of the year. Acting like a bunch of deranged children makes wrestling fans look like utter morons. The fact that people cannot piece together the fact that maybe this wasn't the time or place to act that way is just sad. WWE has turned Wrestlemania weekend into the ultimate fan event, and I'm sure that they are now seriously considering not having these press conferences open to the public.

I'm glad that they are strictly enforcing behaviour at the HoF ceremony, because I;m sure that idiots like these would love to disrupt that as well.

I respect Cena does for the company, but I mean c'mon, be honest.

What fan anti-Cena fan is going to be sitting there and think, 'I don't like this guy and it probably isn't his fault that his gimmick sucks, so instead of booing him I'll start booing Vince McMahon.'
Fans don't think like that. If we hate a wrestler we will boo him. I respect Cena as a person, but hate him in the ring, hence why I would be one of the ones to boo him. It's really not that complicated to figure out why he's being bood.

As for when it's gone too far is when it gets physical. That video the OP posted where that bitch lunged at Jericho, that was too far so what happened? She got punched in the face. Fair's fair. Same with the Sabu one, took his headthingy and got his ass whooped. Fair's fair. The arab kid punching Orton wasn't too bad cause it was a tickle, but still I wouldn't have blamed Orton if he pushed the kid or something.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Except if you're John Cena, then that shit hurrrrrrts.

-

quit your bitching

Did cena deserved this? who are you to say, everybody has an opinion and their own taste, its no ones fault, most people dont like cena. These are adults who obviously know this is scripted fake programming, but they still dislike the character, and her characters is part of the person, he was john cena the wrestler on a wrestling press conference, so ppl have all the right to say what they want.
who are you to call ppl idiots when they are fans just like you and me, they just had the balls to show cena how much they hated him, who cares if he works a lot, no one would say anything if it were a heel getting booed.
for fucks sake ppl quit being little girls.
In other times and other countries to this day, wrestlers get death threats, cenas lucky he got that and box of fruity pebbles, ppl hate him that much
deal with it

I said this in another thread... no point in typing it all out again....

It's sad that it has come to this. Remember when wrestling was about good vs evil and people pulled for the good guy? Rather than, "this heel has terrific mic skills and this face lacks in-ring quality and since that is what everyone on the internet tells me I'm going to choose to like Miz more so I'm not judged."

I'm not telling you to just like the good guy because well... he's the good guy. That's entirely up to you as the viewer. Watch the show the way you want to watch it. I just find it unfortunate that this is the situation we find ourselves in. The face of the company, the company that most of us have loved our whole lives, is getting boo'd practically off the mic because he's........ he's what? Boring in the ring? No sorry bad excuse. He does just as much as any face of his quality has done. Austin - news flash - mostly had the same routine in his matches. Randy Orton, hello? Rope DDT, "Vintage Orton", spaz in the ring, RKO out of no where, etc etc. Hogan? Same shit, even more boring. And I LOVE all 3 of those superstars nonetheless.

Is it Cena's mic skills? Are you... kidding? If anything it's definitely easier to get heat from a crowd than to get them to like you so for a face Cena's mic skills are definitely good. He goes toe-to-toe with The Rock on the mic for a few weeks straight now and dammit he sounds damn good doing it. His promo of him being 'fired' and 'retiring' because of Wade Barrett was one of the best promo's of the year. And again his recent segments about The Rock have been on key, to say the least.

Is it because he's 'superman'? He hasn't had the title since Sheamus took it off of him back on June 20th. What has been SO GREAT about Sheamus', Orton's, or dare I say everyone's favorite person to beat off to.. the Miz's title run? Is it a breath of fresh air? Oh definitely. No doubt. But that means we should hate Cena? I'll give you that in the Royal Rumble he did get his superman-swag back on and pretty much destroy the faction that was beating him down every week in a swift motion without getting hurt but that's bad booking... made Nexus look stupidly weak...

He busts his ass for this company, sells enough merchandise to buy a small country, has above-average in-ring ability and tells a story in the ring which allows him to put on great (in my opinion, at least) matches, he's an A+ on the mic, has a tremendous look and yet all of this equates to a bunch of insecure jackasses who feel less manly if they cheer for him to boo his ass almost out of the arena?

Take a step back and form an opinion for yourself. Don't get absorbed by various sources of media, especially the IWC. The WWE itself is media, sure. But I recognize and appreciate great talent when I see it and I see it in John Cena.

yeah when people boo'ed the heels back in the day, it was always because they did something underhanded or sneaky to deserve it. They showed up scowling and barking at the crowd so the booing was warranted. Im not saying John Cena shouldn't be boo'ed because the fact is, if you don't like him, you don't like him. I'm just saying he doesn't deserve to be and he hasn't earned it. Boring or not he has become this era's Hogan/Stone Cold. He gives it up for the fans (not just the kids).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back