When do fans go too far?

Meh, not really. As has been pointed out, it's mostly due to heavier endorsements with PG which leads to more revenue, as well as the Chris Benoit tragedy that were the prime catalysts.

(Though actually in recent quarters profits have still gone down regardless. I might just check WWE's stock history and compare revenue rates from PG compared to before PG. It could be an interesting exercise.)

One could argue that Cena was attracting that age group to the product and thus WWE responded to that signal, but it would be indirect. Cena is not the WWE's board of directors so he wouldn't be able to make that kind of a decision. I doubt he'd even lobby for it.

As for the conference, I saw the edited video and was like "lolCenagottrolled." But after hearing the full scope, it was too far. I dislike Cena's character as well but I wouldn't boo his person outside of the show. The Fruity Pebbles was way too far.

I agree that throwing anything is going too far. However, this was a WWE sanctioned conference. Triple H didn't show up as Paul Levesque, etc. They were booing the John Cena character. Again, I understand where they are coming from, even if I don't agree. They have a right to let their opinions be heard. I, like an earlier poster mentioned, am more annoyed at the blatant censorship of the negative reactions that WWE always manage to get away with. They could bleep the expletives if they like, but for once, just try LISTENING to your audience. Maybe they are trying to tell you something.

From what I've heard the entire conference was pure smark-ville and there's no way Cena deserved what he got. It was just unbelievable the amount of stupidity that was there. The guy doesn't always have everything scripted for him, he's natural on the mic. Randy Orton and Wade Barrett have both stated in interviews that sometimes will go off the cuff and ad-lib what he feels is good.

Alright those are entitled to their opinions but the amount of guys have probably grown up from around Attitude era and have never let go of that ideal. The guy busts his ass not only for the company but also for the fans of WWE. If I remember correctly Cena is the leading wish-maker for Make a Wish foundation. One heck of a guy who IMO has had the edge over The Rock in the past couple of weeks constantly reminding people he's always been there.

I used to hate Cena and after Summerslam I was even angrier due to the supposed 'SuperCena' but just turn around and look at Hulk Hogan and even The Ultimate Warrior both big time faces who would just turn a match on it's head with the shaking of a finger or by grabbing the ropes. Damn it I stopped being an overblown smark and just realised that even though you may not be overly talented - that's not what this business is always about. It's about being the best performer you can be and nobody in the WWE matches the level of Cena.

I definitely think that these idiots crossed the line (no TNA-pun intended) at the press conference.

Oh come on people, pick up your tissues and stop whining. Everyone is saying "fans can boo who they want" yet the same people are saying "you shouldn't boo so bad you make a man tear up" and "it's a press conference, not a RAW promo". No, everyone there can act however they want. Isn't anyone pissed that the WWE edited the video so it appeared that everyone loved Cena? Now THAT is wrong. Why even sell tickets to shows to anybody, maybe they should just have people say on an application that they will cheer the faces when they attend a show?

Get ready for a favorite line of mine: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. People are booing Cena "the character" at this conference. Cena the CHARACTER showed up and the CHARACTER got booed. If he can't handle boos, then he shouldn't be in the center stage at Wrestlemania. I think he works his ass off and good for him, but it's not his fault nor the fan's fault that many people hate his character. He should be rewarded for his hard work, but what he's doing right now is awful and doesn't warrant cheers from me and apparently a lot of people agree. Cena the person is great, I'll shake that man's hand. Cena the character is infuriating to me, so at a press conference where Cena the CHARACTER comes to promote his match, I would gladly boo him off stage. If I see him doing Make-A-Wish stuff, I'll applaud. Cutting a promo, he's toast. I will agree that throwing stuff at him is a little too far for me, but all the verbal abuse he got is fair play. If you can't stand the heat, GET OUT of the kitchen. He should know by now that NY boos him. MSG is always hostile towards him. To say that he needs to be adored because he is the babyface is ideal, not reality. To be honest, he handled it very poorly, and I don't know what he would do at Mania if the crowd booed him this much. He probably wouldn't be able to wrestle effectively because he'd be so shaken up, based on how he looked at this conference.

What pisses me off is he probably went in all high and mighty, "ha I get to make this fantastic speech that everyone will laud, I am so important" and then when he gets crushed his spirit completely disappears. He'll make some BS statements on twitter about overcoming adversity like people are being racist against him and try and victimize himself here instead of saying "you know what, I guess a lot of people hate me, I don't care about any of you, deal with it."

Cena doesn't necessarily "deserve" hostility, but he damn well better expect it. And better figure out how to deal with it. Anyone can boo who they want, when they want, especially when it's a WWE event, including press conferences. Considering how much Vince loves NYC, I don't doubt that this has slightly planted the idea in his mind that Cena just might not be this generation's Hulk.

You are absolutely right. That's the most insulting thing the WWE has done. Taking away our freedom to express ourselves. Editing taped events, confiscating signs and editing live events (with the 5 sec. delay) is insulting.

If anything they should just get a guy to shoot on "smart" fans who think they know the business and just embarrass them.

Just because you are on this site or read Wrestling Observer or whatever, doesn't mean you KNOW the business.

You are absolutely right. That's the most insulting thing the WWE has done. Taking away our freedom to express ourselves. Editing taped events, confiscating signs and editing live events (with the 5 sec. delay) is insulting.

You agree to THEIR terms when you buy the ticket. No laser pointers, no video cameras, and whatever else they say. The ticket is the contract to you agreeing to their guidelines. They are a private company and you don't HAVE to go there. It isn't a public forum where you can say whatever you want.

I don't see anything wrong with people booing Cena just like seeing people cheering for Cena. It's expression of your feelings and there is no right place or time for it, at least noone can tell you when to express it.

Booing Cena is actually a reflection of the hatred to PG Era WWE. Cena is the icon of todays WWE, he is who you think of when thinking about the PG Era. When you boo Cena, in most cases you are actually booing the idea that created him. Mr Good Guy who beats all the Wrong Guys. Mr Superman who gets beat up but never gives up and have the final say at the end. He is simply Mr PG Era. And when people show their hatred, it's not to his hardwork, it's not to his loyalty, ot it's not to him attending all the outside ring promotions. So stop defending him by saying how good he is in blah blah blah. Everyone knows that and he is well respected in those things by anyone who can think rationally. He is getting booed because not everyone is "buying" what he is showed as, you get even bored of WWE trying to do the same thing again and again with him. Some people will buy it, some people will not. Some people will cheer for him some people will not. There will always be Cena haters, and they will always have legitimate reasons even if you don't like it. Get over it!

To MaxSteel, he deserves it? Really? Do you honestly believe he deserves it? The ignorance of some people. You obviously know it's scripted yet you say that due to his character that he deserves it. He does what he's told, he does what makes the kids happy despite getting so many people to hate him, and he makes a hell of a lot more money than you or I make doing it. Also, not sure if you've ever met the guy but he is a genuinely nice guy. He truly loves what he does which is more than some of this fame seeking, Hollywood stars in their eyes, talentless nobodies who just happen to have the look. He's a human being despite his gimmick, you should never forget that and you should respect him for not only finishing but for working his @ss off to try and entertain your disrespectful @ss. Before you try and be a smart@ss, let me remind you that it is the thought that counts. If that won't do, let me say what others say, an a for effort.

As for Scuba 06, Benoit is a worthless piece of sh*t huh? I'd probably believe you if you weren't such a waste of oxygen yourself. His sins can't be forgotten and not many can forgive him but don't think for a second that you or I, or anyone of the millions of fans have any right to judge that man. If nothing more he loved the business. Depending on what you believe, either be happy that he is rotting in the ground or that he is burning in hell. Don't talk ill of the dead or expect someone to spit on your grave someday.

The fans went too far. John Cena deserves a lot better than that. People need to know there place.

From a John Cena hater and ever so modest young man who loves exercising his first amendment right, freedom of speech.

If anything they should just get a guy to shoot on "smart" fans who think they know the business and just embarrass them.

Just because you are on this site or read Wrestling Observer or whatever, doesn't mean you KNOW the business.

You agree to THEIR terms when you buy the ticket. No laser pointers, no video cameras, and whatever else they say. The ticket is the contract to you agreeing to their guidelines. They are a private company and you don't HAVE to go there. It isn't a public forum where you can say whatever you want.

You're right. When you buy a ticket and attend an event they present, you adhere to their rules and guidelines. Yet taking away signs is iffy because it's another form of expression. If someone brings a sign that says something offensive like "Cena rapes children" then yes it needs to be removed, but a sign that simply says "cena sux" is not offensive at all. It's just another way to express how you feel and your voice being heard. Editing the program to fake cheers or toning down the boos is silly. I mean really? So with this new "PG" era you can't even express yourself freely anymore? Really? That's just sad. I never heard or seen that before at any sports event before. Look how Cleveland expressed it's feelings towards Lebron. You don't see David Stern editing the live feed or dvd's to protect Lebron do you? You're right though. You don't HAVE to go there. I just think it's a slap in the face to the fans that they have no voice anymore whether it's Cena or not.

So there isn't a SINGLE heel that you cheer or at least like on the roster? Did you boo Orton up until the very moment he turned face? You think every show is pristine and great because the WWE presents it as the greatest thing ever? Because if you are to follow all of the WWE's "terms", then that is what you are saying. The "terns" you refer to are for safety. And the ticket is not a contract, hahaha. There are no written rules about who I can cheer and who I can boo. I can't throw stuff, that is a problem, a real problem, so throwing cereal is in violation of "terms" and of common law, to be honest. But come on, you are basically saying that I have to go to every event, cheer when I'm told, boo when I'm told, and be happy with every PPV that I see?

Look, they are a company providing a service. We pay for that service. If we don't like the service, we can complain about it. If you buy a computer you hate, you are entitled to review it, to critique it, to tell the company "No, I actually don't like these features, please change them." Maybe after politely showing disagreement, the company says "F*** you, you will take what you get and enjoy it", so in reply I say "No, actually, this is a piece of s*** computer and even though I bought it, I'm not going to sit back and let you think that I like that the battery life sucks and that it's slow as hell". And that's at least what I do when I boo Cena. I am letting the WWE know that although I like the service they provide me, there are components that as a paying customer, I would like to see changed. They are not obligated to change, but it would benefit them financially to please a large customer base with a similar complaint. And I am not going to sit and cheer so the WWE can say "ahhhh, what a great product we have, everyone is happy and nothing needs to change."

The Cena videos are disheartening... I'm not the biggest Cena fan in the world, but damn. Nobody deserves that, especially not the hardest working man in the WWE... the you can't wrestle chants were the worst part, because, like it or not, it's the World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT. And Cena is this era's big star, so he must be doing something right.

And the "Turn Heel" chants, really? That was just a tad ridiculous.

Were they booing Stephanie as much as Cena? No, they were telling her she was hot. She's part of creative, she's pushing the PG image, but they're not booing her. So many people have this weird belief that if Cena goes, everything is suddenly gonna get better. BS. Cena should not be the scapegoat for this whole PG thing. I expected Cena to get boos because of the AA, but the Fruity Pebbles throw isn't story heat, it's X-Pac heat, and it's totally undeserved.

Were they booing Stephanie as much as Cena? No, they were telling her she was hot. She's part of creative, she's pushing the PG image, but they're not booing her. So many people have this weird belief that if Cena goes, everything is suddenly gonna get better. BS. Cena should not be the scapegoat for this whole PG thing. I expected Cena to get boos because of the AA, but the Fruity Pebbles throw isn't story heat, it's X-Pac heat, and it's totally undeserved.

Lets not forgot they were chanting **** when Snookie was up there, wonder if WWE edited that out 2. I expected some heat from Edge , but they loved him. Good for Edge

I agree with those who say WWE should capitalize on his heat. People are always saying "Cena is just this generation's Hogan..." Really? Did Hogan, as a face in the 80s/early 90s, ever get the type of heat that Cena gets....and I know people are going to say "times are different now," but, c'mon. When Bret Hart was getting stale as a face, Vince decided to turn him heel. He wasn't getting NEARLY the heat that Cena gets NOW as a FACE....Imagine if WWE would turn him heel. It worked for the Hitman (for a while)...hell, even Hogan realized a heel turn was necessary... most wrestlers go from heel to face several times in their careers...I seriously think WWE should capitalize on this... and to answer the questions, NO, fans can never really go to far (as long as there is on physical harm being done to the performers)...I mean, how many times does a home crowd boo it's home team if they are not performing up to par. You pay for the ticket, you can cheer and boo who you want. I think Cena said that in his speech. I am actually a Cena fan, btw. Just saying, every one needs a change once in a while...

Alright so we all know the insufferable hatred people have for many of the face/heel wrestlers.

My question is, when do fans go too far?

I'd like to show you a couple videos and you can judge by yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWcpsG17z4M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxM3nLleA9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkt3so8aP_Q

So many of you know that the press conference wasn't a good day for Cena. Here's the report:

You should be able to gather by now where this is going. I have never witnessed a wrestler be so hostilely attacked. I couldn't even hear a word Cena said through his entire conference. The only thing that i managed to comprehend Cena saying, was that "Wrestle Mania is awesome" which was only met by "AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME" which to my pleasure actually made it through the editing process and can be heard. the "Awesome chant" was a nice change better than the previous chants of "**** you cena." It was bad! i even felt the amount of disrespect Cena was being given was unwarranted. I have never seen HHH and Edge look more displeased with a crowd in my life. HHH even leaned forward grabbed his mounted mic during Cena's speech opened his mouth. However, HHH decided not to say anything and instead leaned back. "Let the man speak" can be heard in the video. Cena was flustered and hurt. His voice was cracking he was trying to maintain his composure but the crowd would not let up. It is truly amazing he managed to finish his speech, without just going "forget this" I'm certain he couldn't hear himself talk. Boring chants also managed to sneak by the editing process which can also be heard.

Of course fans have the right to boo and cheer who they want but throwing cereal at a guy? Really? So my question to you is how far is too far?

Discuss.

When I read the account of what happened at the presser it was just sad. People have lost touch with reality when they take things this far and to this extreme type of behavior. There is no excuse for it and those persisting in it should be ashamed. Look, I get people like some characters, and don't care for others. But what happens is people lose sight of the fact that they are influencing the kids around them to behave in the same kind of manner. It's just inexcusable and I guess people won't be happy until Cena is gone. Which is sad since clearly he cares about the business and is very dedicated to it.

You're right. When you buy a ticket and attend an event they present, you adhere to their rules and guidelines. Yet taking away signs is iffy because it's another form of expression. If someone brings a sign that says something offensive like "Cena rapes children" then yes it needs to be removed, but a sign that simply says "cena sux" is not offensive at all. It's just another way to express how you feel and your voice being heard. Editing the program to fake cheers or toning down the boos is silly. I mean really? So with this new "PG" era you can't even express yourself freely anymore? Really? That's just sad. I never heard or seen that before at any sports event before. Look how Cleveland expressed it's feelings towards Lebron. You don't see David Stern editing the live feed or dvd's to protect Lebron do you? You're right though. You don't HAVE to go there. I just think it's a slap in the face to the fans that they have no voice anymore whether it's Cena or not.

It's not a form of expression when you buy that ticket and agree to their guidelines. You don't HAVE to go. You WILLINGLY by the ticket and agree to follow said rules, that includes signs.

I don't like the editing either, but they can do it. No law says they can't.

You don't think they wanted the Cleveland crowd to boo LeBron? But that's basketball. How does NBA = fake wrestling? It's not the same in any way.

It's a different time in wrestling now. People need to get the hell over it. Attitude era is LONG over, and those fans need to grow up.

So there isn't a SINGLE heel that you cheer or at least like on the roster? Did you boo Orton up until the very moment he turned face? You think every show is pristine and great because the WWE presents it as the greatest thing ever? Because if you are to follow all of the WWE's "terms", then that is what you are saying. The "terns" you refer to are for safety. And the ticket is not a contract, hahaha. There are no written rules about who I can cheer and who I can boo.

Where did I say anything about who I boo or whatever? Or if what WWE does is the greatest thing ever? You're making shit up and attacking it when I said NOTHING of the sort.

I was talking about their guidelines when you WILLINGLY buy their ticket. If they say you can't curse, you can't curse because you bought the ticket (contract) that says if you go here you're follow said rules.

"No video recording" is hardly for your safety.

I'll admit the way those fans went in like that wasn't all that cool, but then again so what?

No one physically attacked him, and I'm sorry if you can't take the heat then go home. Like a couple people said at LEAST he's getting a reaction, half these wrestlers in the WWE don't get a reactin AT ALL. I don't think Cena is talented whatsoever, but he must be doing something right if he gets a reaction like that.

And maybe this is a reality check for John and the WWE. No one likes his crap. I'm pretty sure there's a few creative minds that can somehow intergrate the PG era and the Attitude era and appeal to everyone.

And to be quite honest I don't feel bad about the heat this guy got. He as a person didn't get the heat, but his character did. There's tons of wrestlers who used to get it worst...including the host of Wrestlemania. This guy used to get Die Rocky Die chants...did he crumble up and disappear? No. He and the WWE worked with it, and now he's the legend that turned the fans against Cena. If Cena is truely that great like some of his stans think he is, then he needs to seize the moment and take advantage of it.

I agree with those who say WWE should capitalize on his heat. People are always saying "Cena is just this generation's Hogan..." Really? Did Hogan, as a face in the 80s/early 90s, ever get the type of heat that Cena gets....and I know people are going to say "times are different now," but, c'mon.

When Hogan was the star in mid 80's, my dad and probably most of the people's dads here, likely never watched Bruno Sammartino on TV, they never had a wrestling icon when they were a teenager, they simply were not interested in wrestling. Tough luck for them, because i watched Stone Cold when i was a teenager. So it's normal that Hogan would not get as much heat in 80's because the mainstream STARTED with kids following it. At that time, if our elderlies had been wrestling fans before it, they would probably critisize how Hogan could not wrestle. Even then, how many people you think there were like that (wrestling fans from 70's)

So today's WWE, tough like for you too, because i watched SCSA when i was a teenager and have been a wrestling fan for years. So when you show me a guy like Cena, i will get upset for 2 reasons: 1)I won't buy it 2)you can't just ignore the fact that there are millions of adult viewers who have been following WWE for years -unlike mid 80's -. By throwing Cena out to me you are just ignoring there are a large group of people who are NOT kids and follow wrestling. That's the main defference with today and 1980's! So if Hogan was not booed when he was supposed to, he had the advantage of a wrestling community only consisting of new fans.

I'll admit the way those fans went in like that wasn't all that cool, but then again so what?

No one physically attacked him, and I'm sorry if you can't take the heat then go home. Like a couple people said at LEAST he's getting a reaction, half these wrestlers in the WWE don't get a reactin AT ALL. I don't think Cena is talented whatsoever, but he must be doing something right if he gets a reaction like that.

And maybe this is a reality check for John and the WWE. No one likes his crap. I'm pretty sure there's a few creative minds that can somehow intergrate the PG era and the Attitude era and appeal to everyone.

And to be quite honest I don't feel bad about the heat this guy got. He as a person didn't get the heat, but his character did. There's tons of wrestlers who used to get it worst...including the host of Wrestlemania. This guy used to get Die Rocky Die chants...did he crumble up and disappear? No. He and the WWE worked with it, and now he's the legend that turned the fans against Cena. If Cena is truely that great like some of his stans think he is, then he needs to seize the moment and take advantage of it.

Erm...actually someone threw a cereal box at the man. That is physical. I mean I'm the OP so I don't want to get involved in the present discussion but this kind of heat is what Gadaffi should get not John Cena.

I think how the fans in NY acted towards Cena is absolutely repulsive. Yes, I agree that fans have the right to express their opinion, but observe some form of class when you're doing so. Throwing shit at the guy? cursing him out so much that he can't even get a word in?

These same fans are the ones that don't respect what the man has done for the business. He works his fucking ass off, gives it his all, for the business and for the people who watch this business, and people show absolutely no respect for that. Hate on his character all you want, but the fact is, hating him is just wrong. Number one, the guy's never done anything to you. Number two, he's just doing his freakin' job. Appreciate the hard work he puts in for all of us, or just shut up. Honestly, I am appalled by the behavior of these "fans".

I'm not even that big of a Cena fan, I'm a huge rock fan, as you can probably tell from my username, but good Lord I know how to give respect where respect is due.

BTW, for those of you saying "everyone's sick of Cena's shit already", bull shit. "Everyone" is not a bunch of smartass wrestling "fans", millions of people watch the product every week and these smartasses make up a very small portion of those millions.

WOW...people can be really stupid!!! Cena deserved it...cause only little kids and girls like him???? WTF??!! Last I checked, Cena doesn't book things, doesn't determine pushes, and for SURE did not pitch the PG Tv idea...what a bunch of morons. You can dislike someone all you want, but still be a decent human being! WOW...that's really quite embarassing coming from what sounded like adults! Grow up people!

Where did I say anything about who I boo or whatever? Or if what WWE does is the greatest thing ever? You're making shit up and attacking it when I said NOTHING of the sort.

I was talking about their guidelines when you WILLINGLY buy their ticket. If they say you can't curse, you can't curse because you bought the ticket (contract) that says if you go here you're follow said rules.

"No video recording" is hardly for your safety.

You were attempting to say that when I buy a ticket, I have to adhere to their rules, however you were implying therefore that when I buy a ticket, I cannot boo Cena at an event (this must have been your point, or else you don't understand what we are discussing in this thread). If I tell Cena he sucks, is that violating a "term" or "guideline"? No, not even by your argument. Your argument has absolutely no validity to the discussion about whether the NY fans went too far in verbal abusing Cena, because I don't believe there were any regulations that were violated. I don't even think there were tickets!

And you are correct, "no video recording" is not a safety issue, my apologies. Just please inform me where it says I cannot cheer "Awesome", "turn heel", "fruity pebbles", "you can't wrestle", "Cena sucks", or anything else that is not cursing or profane, as this was a majority of what was said at the conference.

Well I hate to say it... but times are different. Hogan was a fan favorite for all those years because in the 80's/early 90's wrestling didn't have the coverage constant connection via multiple TV shows, the internet and social media. People will grow stale of characters and persona's 10x quicker then they did back in the Hogan era.

I agree with those who say WWE should capitalize on his heat. People are always saying "Cena is just this generation's Hogan..." Really? Did Hogan, as a face in the 80s/early 90s, ever get the type of heat that Cena gets....and I know people are going to say "times are different now," but, c'mon.

I'm fucking pissed off!!!!
I just watched the video and the crowd sounds like a bunch of eighth graders forced to show at some concert by the wiggles, for gods sake.

The booing was acceptable, but the chants, on the other hand, were not.
They showed NO respect to Cena, who's probably 10 times a better human being than half those people there, if not more.

Fine You can say that the CHARACTER John Cena was promoting wrestlemania, but it was the MAN/REAL John Cena giving the speech, and he deserves respect,god damit.

If it was hogan who was giving the speech, the crowd would never have acted that way.
If it was Austin who was giving the speech, the crowd would never have acted that way.
If it was Dwayne who was giving the speech, the crowd would have never acted like that.
They don't desvere that kind of treatment.....
So why does Cena?
He 's a big supporter to the military, gives wishes to dieing kids for fucks sake, and thats how people repay him. He does deserve credit though for actually staying and finishing his speech, instead of saying forget this and leaving. And it didn't look as if it was affecting him to much, but the videos I saw didn't have much detail of his face. That was low, save the chants for the live events, PPVs and Raws, and at least give the man enough respect to speak.

I just don't get it, though. The reaction was truly un-called for. I understand that people have the right to speak their mind, thats where booing comes in, but it should never escalate to chants during a press confrence. He busts his ass to entertain millions across the globe, andhe's repaid with boo's.

Man, we fans sure fucked up wrestling

Oh and to anybody who doesn't like my opinion, well I don't Give a fuck, so bite me.
So go head and "red" rep me, I still won't give a flying fuck.

First I will say I'm a John Cena fan. I love to hate the guy. I love Vickie Guerrero and Michael Cole for the same reason. I want someone to slap the taste out of their mouths. Some people complain about how he keeps winning, to me it's anticipation to him losing. Him hitting the rock with the AA is probably the first time I've cheered for him.

I don't get into the so and so deserves the main event or a title run because of what they gave to the business. At the end of the day it's a business. They chose to entertain and get paid for it. In the case of John Cena, I feel he deserves respect. To me it seems he gives 100 percent to the company and loves his job. With his charity work, and the character he plays, he is a great representative for the company. He seemingly does what he's told, does it well, and looks happy as a clam doing it.

At a live event I would probably join into the Cena sucks chants or whatever the crowd chants. It has nothing to do with John Cena, but everything to do with his character. I loved to see Miz beat him down after the rock impersonation. If I ran into him at best buy or or an autograph signing I would never act that way. It's disruptive and disrespectful. He's still playing the character, at least some what, but he is also doing something for the fans.

If I went to see David Letterman and Cena was the guest I wouldn't jeer and act like an ass. It's not the appropriate time. I consider the press conference in that same vein. They are trying to promote the product and provide something interesting to the fans. Had I been a ticket holder I would have been very disappointed in the inability to hear the speakers. All fans should enjoy the product how they see fit, but they shouldn't keep others from enjoying it as well. It's just common consideration of others.

Would I rather see a singles match between Ziggler and Morrison? Of course. Do I think Snooki is there for a payday and some cheap publicity? Of course. Is there a reason I'm a physical therapist and folks like Jim Ross, Dean Malenko, and Michael P.S. Hayes help with the WWE? Of course.

If you don't like the product, don't watch. Don't buy tickets, don't go to the press conference. If Snooki or Cena aren't important enough to dissuade your purchase; then enjoy yourself but allow others the same privilege.

It's not a form of expression when you buy that ticket and agree to their guidelines. You don't HAVE to go. You WILLINGLY by the ticket and agree to follow said rules, that includes signs.

I don't like the editing either, but they can do it. No law says they can't.

You don't think they wanted the Cleveland crowd to boo LeBron? But that's basketball. How does NBA = fake wrestling? It's not the same in any way.

It's a different time in wrestling now. People need to get the hell over it. Attitude era is LONG over, and those fans need to grow up.

1. Look, I've already agreed with you on the point that you don't HAVE to go to any WWE event and no one is making you buy a ticket to a any WWE program. Yet if the WWE feels that a few non-offensive signs that don't adhere to their direction and wishes, then they seriously need to re-evaluate themselves and maybe focus more on the creative aspect of the company then a few pieces of cardboard.

2. In no way shape or form did I even say NBA=WWE. I was using it as an example that even in a hostile environment towards the talent the WWE does not need the edit the audience cheers or boos. Nor was I implying that there should be a law against it and there shouldn't be. It is however just silly to dim every boo and enhance every cheer. The audience is what makes an event so special and exciting anyways. Ex) If the audience was dead or dim during Jericho's brief title win over HHH on Raw in 2000 it wouldn't be as memorable as it is today. The audience in attendance can make or break an event.

3. If you taking a shot at me because of my username whatever. I am entitled to freely express myself in the same manner as anyone else. Yes the attitude era is gone. That doesn't mean I have to accept something that isn't even targeted towards me in the first place. In my short time posting here I have repeately stated that if you don't like the current WWE either watch it or move on. I myself am the latter. I've moved on years ago. I am only back to see what The Rock. It's exciting to see him and Cena in the same ring. Doesn't mean I've changed my feelings on the rest of the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back