What's Your IQ?

So what 1918, Always late to the big wars, America. The Second World War had been going just over 2 years before the US go involved.
I call that smart.

Let everyone else beat each other up, we come in, look like heroes, become a world superpower, and everyone's happy.

There's a reason we call ourselves the smartest people in the world.

Whats your point? WW1 wasn't our business and we were tied down legally from entering WW2.

How were you legally tied down? you weren't it was a more economy decision. You were supporting the British and their Allies through trading of materials for war.

Got to write an essay about why America got involved in the war in Vietnam. Great.

What a coinkydink my history teacher served in Vietnam and I just finished an essay on the Battle of Gettysburg. >.> Well not that big of a coinkydink, but I think we can both agree that essays suck.

Flames Out
Dragon

Got to write an essay about why America got involved in the war in Vietnam. Great.
Because America was terrified of the possibility of the spreading of communism.

Which, in the end is good, because communism has proven to be a poor governmental model.

Yeah GCSE History. Predicted A* yay me lol. But I hate this Vietnam war stuff. We had no choice, had to do it. It's all 'Domino theory', 'Communism', 'Vietcong' blah blah blah
Annoyed!

Because America was terrified of the possibility of the spreading of communism.

Which, in the end is good, because communism has proven to be a poor governmental model.

Well, Communism is yet to be proven in a fully industrialised Society. Russia, China, Cuba and all of the other ones are fairly Agrarian societies.

Indeed they did. However it sadly isn't as simple as that. Have to integrate the first world war into it and everything. Suffragettes ect.

Please, the only reason America went to Vietnam was because it was an easy and acceptable place to have a war. War = Billions of Dollars for Governments.

Let alone the whole JFK thing.

Coincidence that JFK was about to start bringing troops home from Vietnam when he was assassinated? And then the next week, LBJ vetoes that exact order and instead sends more and more troops in, escalating the war? I think not.

As for World War 2 and World War 1...America didn't get involved...because we didn't have to. We only got involved when there was an interest for us. Just like any reasonable country would.

Why go fight a war that serves no purpose to you whatsoever? It's not until the Nazi's started becoming a serious worldwide threat that America got involved.

Eh, competiton breeds a better overall grouping. wether it be sports, government economy, pro wrestling promotions. If your garunteed results, and with no reason or motivation to try harder, or beat anything else, it makes things overall have less quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back