TheOneBigWill's Theme Park Review

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
TheOneBigWill's review of Adventureland. (Theme Park)

So it was myself, along with my Wife & my best friend. We left around 7:45a.m. and got to the park about 10-something a.m. Upon arriving we decided to park as far away from the front of the entrance as possible, as when we left, we'd be close to the exit. (that didn't really work out the greatest since by the end of the day, our feet were a bit hurting)

The first ride we went on was the Pirate Ship. Not really a huge ride, but definately fun for freaking out the person sitting in front of you. I kept making motions as if I was about to get sick, and the kid in front of me kept ducking out of the way. lol Good times already.

The second ride was the Tea Cups. The important thing I wish to point out here was that I had a conversation with Dragon about this new spinning, twisting, high up water like ride. It just so happened to be NEXT to the tea cups. I had a good laugh, you'd have to understand the conversation to get the humor in it.

From here we decided to stop messing around and hit the bigger rides. So we took the log ride first. Then decided to dry off with back-to back-to back roller coaster trips. All in all, the park needs better thrills for their coasters. They're fun when you haven't been on them, cause you don't know quite what to expect. I was thinking I'd still be slightly in "awe" over them.. but I wasn't.

There is a fourth "coaster" but it has no hills, not sharp turns, no loops, no.. its more or less a coaster ride in the dark. Its called "The Underground" and the biggest shocker is getting sprayed unexpectedly in the face with mist/water that doesn't do anything more than piss you off.

So, to jump the review up a bit.. we bounced around through everything, and tried hitting all the water rides first, so we could dry off throughout the day. During our tube ride this group of girls wanted to know if we'd switch them tubes. I told them I wasn't a fan of being kicked outta theme parks, so maybe next time.

One of them mentioned something to me about being hot or something. I'm not honestly sure, hot wasn't the word, but it was definately a phrase in which I looked at my friend and told him I was likely going to prison. lol The Wife wasn't too pleased.. Good times, good times.

Continuing with the hot chic parade, during the end of the day (skipping ahead a lot) in a "Silly Silo" ride that is nothing more than a huge dryer.. this chic was eye'ing me from across the way. A.) If I'd of been single, hell yes. B.) Since she looked 19 to me.. that likely made her 13.

Anyways, back tracking. I love throwing the guessers off. You can pay $2.00 for a .50 cent prize. lol (I'm assuming the prizes aren't worth what you pay to win them) Anyways, so you pay $2.00 and have someone guess your weight or height. I always go with weight, because noone would guess I'm close to 200lbs. The girl was like "I'm gonna say 161." So when the scale topped off at 191, she was like.. "No way are you 191?!" So I replied with "Maybe you rigged your scale incorrectly?" lol

We then continued to some spinning (what looked like an average no-nothing) ride. I asked how fast it went. I had no idea I was about to find out. lol Let me say first hand, don't ever assume a ride can't shock you with speed. I sat there at first, as we mildly went around and around thinking to myself.. I'll have a bit of a rest. Then the lady said enough of this (over the mic) and I about broke my neck from the whiplash I encountered from the massive speed and twists.

My friend did a self-picture only with the new "Joker look". It came out alright, but since it was the artist's first time trying that picture, it actually didn't look like my friend's face that much, so much more as the artist merely trying to draw the Joker as a whole.

All of us decided to go on the log ride again, and get a picture. We went about 2-3 times back to back to back, just to get the right type of pose going down their biggest hill. This is the finished product. (its blurry because its a picture, of a picture, since I have no scanner.)

002-9.jpg

In continuing to wrap up the review, we spent a good hour alone in the bumper cars section, just double teaming little children. (yes, it sounds very bad.) The second I got into my bumper car, some little boy and little girl were in two cars moderately in front of me. I did the whole two finger "I'm watching you" bit.. and both looked scared shitless. :lmao: Good times, good times. When the cars turned on, the two little bastards double teamed me. Bad times, bad times.

Some older lady was just turning circles alone at the far end, so my friend and I at full speed rammed her together. lol Her neck looked like it snapped slightly. Great times, great times. (who rides the bumper cars and doesn't expect to get hit, really)

In conclusion to our day, we more or less just went on everything we hadn't yet went on.. then called it a day. Overall, the park is fun when you have friends to make it worth going. But it isn't thrilling in the slightest bit. Especially after you've already been before.

Sounds like you had a good time.

Good thing the feds werent there though.

I personally enjoyed the log ride, just because of the amount of stupidly funny pictures we were taking. I had one with the Hogan pose, I did it one way, Jesse did it the other.. but Erin was holding onto the rails and not doing anything.. so I didn't wanna spend $7.95 on that picture.

The thing is, Erin is so much smaller than either Jesse or I, she gets blocked from all the pictures. Neither of them wanted to be up front due to the amount of water you'd be taking.. and I could've cared less.

Jesse didn't seem too thrilled with any of the coasters. At one point he put his arms behind his head and said he was trying to fall asleep. lol

Again, its a blast when you go with friends. But if you're only going to get a thrill.. you'd have better luck walking into a Police K-9 section with a pocket full of drugs and trying to out-run the attack dogs. :lmao:

So you actually went on tea cups ride instead of letting your friend go on it? Did she guilt trip you into it? :p

Flames Out
Dragon

None of us went on it. Jesse felt it spun too much for his liking. I couldn't believe I actually called where it was going to be located, so it freaked me out a bit. And even Erin didn't want to go on it (alone). I told her I'd ride it next time most likely, as it did get shut down for repairs during mid-day.

But I fail to understand how she'd wanna go on something like that, and yet it was hard as heck to get her to put her arms up during drop-offs. (such as the log ride picture) She doesn't like letting go, because of how you feel as if you're about to fly out.

I figure the straps are across you for a reason, even though the log ride didn't actually have any. :headscratch: Come to think of it, the log ride didn't have anything from keeping me from flying out, other than the fact that it wasn't very scary. It had two major drops, and the one with the photo was its biggest one. Neither were angled to the point that you'd fly out though.

She won't raise her arms during coaster rides either. :disappointed: I was pissed cause I couldn't during the looping one. The straps and a huge brace come down over you, to the point of not being able to raise your hands. The only coaster I didn't raise my hands on was the wooden one, that had low tunnels. I didn't wanna lose my hands. :lmao:

I can't believe you'll put your arms up, but you won't ride the Tea Cups thing! WHAT! It makes no sense.

Flames Out
Dragon

No, I'll ride the Tea Cups. I won't ride the ride NEXT to the Tea Cups. Its spins you around and around, as it swings you in a vertical circle. Then randomly hits the breaks and goes the opposite direction, and you don't know when its coming. All this happens, while you get sprayed by water that shoots up from the pond beneath it.

Also, who goes on Roller Coasters and doesn't put their hands up? (minus low bridging tunnels that freak the shit outta you) Whats the point?

Thats the same with people who close their eyes. Sit in a car with the top down, have someone floor it and randomly turn corners.. you'll get the same experience if you close your eyes on a coaster.

I close my eyes, and keep my arms down because it's too scary otherwise.

Flames Out
Dragon

If I believe the ride is gonna be scary, I'll do the same during the start, but I have to open my eyes and extend my arms, otherwise I feel like I'm not getting the full experience. It helps to see your friends doing it and not feeling any fear. When you see other people enjoying the ride to the fullest, you lose all fear you have of it.

Its like the Batman ride. First time I went on it was after standing in line for the damn thing for an hour. I seen so many people flying over head on that thing with their arms out and eyes open.. I knew it'd be fine, so by the time I got on it.. I was singing the "nananananana BATMAN" song. :lmao: People were cracking up.

Also, go in the first seat. If you aren't getting the full on frontal view, then you might as well not get any at all.

Pfft, the middle is the best spot. I am convinced that there'll be a bigger chance of survival if you sit there.

Flames Out
Dragon

I'm convinced that if I'm strapped completely into one of those car-seats, regardless of where I'm sitting, that if it derails I'm dying along with everyone else because you aren't coming out of those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back