What's the Value/Future of Brandon Jacobs?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
409571_10150584138456026_31695961025_9211599_1127653203_n.jpg

You ain't from New York!

You ain't from New York!

:lmao:

You don't need to be a Giants fan, or even an NFL fan to understand how big this Brandon Jacobs thing can be for TNA. Fact is, Jacbos is a Super Bowl champion, and a relevant one at that considering his team just won not a few weeks ago. Cross-promotion has worked in the past, and I'd imagine it'll pan out well for TNA here, too, even if it means Jacobs continues to play a minor role on screen, though I'd love to see him come in as a bit of muscle for James Storm for a few weeks.

Thoughts on the immediate future for Jacobs in TNA?

Really? Hmm... I may have to check out Impact. What's going on, what exactly is he doing?

Most of the celebs TNA brings in suck ass but this seems like it'd be worth a view. He's an actual celebrity, someone people would pay to see. He'd be nothing if not for the Super Bowl victory, but with that and his apparent abrasive personality, this may be worth keeping an eye on.

I'ma read the spoilers for next week, see if he does anything worth watching.

The man towered over Bully Ray and Storm looked small next to him. It was a fun watch as most celebs go into the ring perfectly clueless. But Brandon had the size and fanatical interest (apparently he's a big Mankind fan) to pull it off. I'm glad Storm got the rub out of this too.

Nothing but good things can really come from this. TNA continues to grow it's ways of cross-brand self promotion, tonight we saw it both with Brandon Jacobs but also their continued association with UFC. The other good part of this is simply Jacobs looks like he actually knows what he's doing, which leaves at least myself interested in what they may hold for him in the future if they continue running with him for at least the near future.

I wouldn't call Brandon Jacobs an actual celebrity and I have no clue who'd pay to see him. I think of Jacobs as a controversial sports figure. Yeah that's what Jacobs is. Now as far as what Jacobs brings to tna, it's nothing but good stuff. Jacobs will give tna some publicity on espn that's about all I see. Similar to what Bart Scott gave to tna about a year ago.

You don't need to be a Giants fan, or even an NFL fan to understand how big this Brandon Jacobs thing can be for TNA. Fact is, Jacbos is a Super Bowl champion, and a relevant one at that considering his team just won not a few weeks ago. Cross-promotion has worked in the past, and I'd imagine it'll pan out well for TNA here, too, even if it means Jacobs continues to play a minor role on screen, though I'd love to see him come in as a bit of muscle for James Storm for a few weeks.

Thoughts on the immediate future for Jacobs in TNA?

I see what you mean, but I'm inclined to disagree, for one simple reason... Brandon Jacobs won't be able to get physical. With his NFL contract there's very little he can actually do...

While it can be the start of a very interesting angle, where does it go from here? It can't be settled in the ring, and the most Jacobs can do is pick a representative to fight for him...

I'm assuming TNA is paying him a pretty penny for his appearance(s) and I have to wonder, is what they're going to get out of him going to be worth it?

Celebrity tie-ins are always dicey. Sometimes they work brilliantly, like Shaq on RAW a year or two ago. Sometimes, we get Jenna Morasca teaching us that professional wrestling can always get worse.

You have to have the right guy for the type of business, and Brandon Jacobs seems to be resonating with people. He's a flavor of the month, that's for sure, but he's TNA/IW's flavor of the month. You don't bring in celebrities to build a program for them, you bring them in for the cost-effective ratings bump, hoping to keep those people for later.

This is why I view the various Jersey Shore tie-ins as failures. Where's the audience overlap between the two shows? Who's going to tune in to see (don't ask me their names, I just don't know them), then want to stick around and see more of Robbie E over the next few weeks? Brandon Jacobs is a much different case. Football is America's biggest sport, and he just won The Big One. He's a Winner. TNA/IW is associating themselves with A Winner right now.

Hopefully TNA/IW doesn't overdo this and turn it into a three-month Brandon Jacobs program. You always leave the audience wanting more; send a celebrity out while they're still on top. The idea is to have people going "wow, that was cool!", and not give them a chance to get sick of Brandon Jacobs. If people get sick of a celebrity tie-in, they're going to be more hostile to the next one. Just look at RAW, once the celebrity hosts got to be a bit C-list.

The way it stands now, this is a huge get for TNA/IW. He's not going to be a huge expense, and he might even be one of those guys who's doing it for the thrill. People are excited about him appearing on Impact, which translates to them being excited about Impact. TNA/IW hasn't been able to say that in a while... at least, since Dixie stopped posting so much on Twitter.

wow i had no idea brandon jacobs was even in an tna audience!! I quit watchign TNA awhile ago but this might intrigue my interest again!! What can jacobs bring to TNA very little im afraid due to his NFL contract!! If hes going to get involved against bully ray for example its going have to be a safe spot for Brandon so he doesnt accidentally get hurt and miss a season of football!! Im reading on here this guy actually looks like he knows what hes doing!! Hopefully TNA can keep this going good for them

this is great for TNA!
as mentioned last post on the first page, Jacobs is currently a free agent. right now he can do whatever he wants.
I'm not a big NFL fan and didn't watch any NFL football this year except for the Super Bowl (college is better!) but Brandon Jacobs is a recognizable name even to casual NFL fans. TNA apparently had another Giants player scheduled first, Jason Pierre-Paul, but he backed out. it was then when Jacobs stepped in. I didn't even know who JPP was, and I would guess since he is not a free agent his actions would have been more limited.
I hope more sports talk shows can pick this situation up, specifically ESPN PTI and Around The Horn which are seen by more people, including in Canada on TSN because we do not get ESPN.

What's the value of Brandon Jacobs?

A cheap small plug on Sportscenter, with possibly some commentators bashing wrestling. That's about it.

Isn't going to do nothing long term or anything beneficial. See Adam Jones' run.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...cobs-could-have-future-as-pro-wrestler-022312

TNA Wrestling president Dixie Carter posted on her Twitter account Thursday that she already has begun talks with Jacobs about a post-football career in her company. Jacobs recently appeared at a TNA television taping in Orlando, Fla. and will be featured slamming the villainous Bully Ray through a table on Thursday night’s episode of Impact Wrestling (9 p.m. ET, Spike TV).

"If you watch Brandon on Impact Wrestling, you'll see he has instincts you can't teach and a real talent for this business,” Carter told FOXSports.com in an email. “We have already been talking about life after his football career and are both very excited about the potential.”

--

Seems like there's more to Jacobs than meets the eye after all.

Not surprised to see interest from TNA on this either — he definitely has all the right instincts to be a successful pro-wrestler, provided he's taught to actually wrestle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back