• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Ring of Honor Thread

Wow! I am absolutely SHOCKED at how well they switched up their booking to be suitable for TV, and not just insane scientific clinics only the mega educated fan could enjoy. The main event on that show was perfect for televisions. Showcased very well some of the crazy things they CAN do, without giving away the best goods. It was paced well enough to keep the attention of the casual fan, and the hardcore ROH fan. I'm really impressed with my first viewing of an episode of ROH on HDNet. Much better (for progressing as a company) than the ppvs they were producing. I think I'm in love. Thanks again for posting!

So boys and girls, it's that time again! ROHBrazil has uploaded last Monday's episode of ROH on HDNet at last, I suggest everyone go to his/her YouTube channel and give him/her a big fat THANK YOU from all of us that don't get HDNet and love ROH.

Another very good episode this week, with an opening bout and main event that are certainly worth checking out for ROH fans or just fans of good wrestling in general! Check it out everybody, this is the card for this episode of ROH on HDNet:

• [*]Sonjay Dutt vs Delirious
    [*]The American Wolves vs Cheech & Cloudy
    [*]Erick Stevens vs Silas Young
    [*]Colt Cabana, Brent Albright, Grizzly Redwood, and Necro Butcher vs The Embassy (Jimmy Rave, Claudio Castagnoli, Ernie Osiris, and Prince Nana) --- 8 Man Tag Team Elimination Match

ROH on HDNet --- August 31st, 2009

Enjoy!

I've been meaning to post in this thread for quite a while, but just never did. I have enjoyed every show that ROH has put on HDNet. They have been full of action with very little bullshit. Its nice to see the wrestling drive the storylines instead of the other way around. It also helps when there are amazing wrestlers competeing in almost every match.

The main-event was really good. My only problem with The Embassy is Dirty Ernie. I understand his role, but he just seems out of place. Sonjay Dutt would fit in much better than Dirty Ernie. I also hope this is the last we see of Grizzly Redwood. I can't stand the guy. I'm really looking forward to next week when they have Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn.

I've been meaning to post in this thread for quite a while, but just never did. I have enjoyed every show that ROH has put on HDNet. They have been full of action with very little bullshit. Its nice to see the wrestling drive the storylines instead of the other way around. It also helps when there are amazing wrestlers competeing in almost every match.

Isn't it just a breath of fresh air after watching something like Raw every week? It really is. Not every show is great, but most of their shows feature atleast one match that puts most anything the WWE does in that week to shame (well, except for Smackdown).

The main-event was really good. My only problem with The Embassy is Dirty Ernie. I understand his role, but he just seems out of place. Sonjay Dutt would fit in much better than Dirty Ernie. I also hope this is the last we see of Grizzly Redwood. I can't stand the guy. I'm really looking forward to next week when they have Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn.

Triple agreed on that...I'm not a fan of Dirty Ernie, or Grizzly Redwood either. Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn should be very good as well, I mean, it's Jerry fucking Lynn we're talking about.

Well I started watching ROH on HDNet about 4 months ago and I love it! My brother found it out of the blue one saturday night, and i think it is fantastic. Here are my thoughts though on ROH.
Some positives I like are:
1. The action is tremendous! I have never seen so much quality wrestling on a single show each week in all my life. Almost all the wrestlers are great, and bring some sort of unique style to the show/match.

2. The fans get really into it sometimes. I love their enthusiam.

3. The main-events are actually main-events. Most of the time, these matches get 20 or even 30 minutes of TV time! And are usually second to none. It's almost a contest to see if the main event from last week will match up with this weeks.

4. The Tag Teams. The TAG TEAMS. THE TAG TEAMS ARE AWESOME! Dark City Fight Club, The Young Bucks, The Briscoes, The American Wolves, Generico & Steen, and so many other great teams!

Some Negatives:

1. I'm not a fan of these finishers, they just don't seem all that inventive. Some are alright like Shadows over Hell or the Cradle Piledriver, but Black's is God awful, and so is Strong's. A Gutbuster, really? The Stronghold I don't mind.

2. For someone still relatively new to the product, there a lot of stars to remember and not enough time to introduce them to the general audience, so some dude that comes out may be known to older ROH fans, but to random viewers, not so much. I feel they should go up to two hours.

3. I kind of like the idea of little storylines in ROH and letting the wrestling tell the story, but seriously, in today day and age, you need good storylines to get wrestlers over more. Its kinda like saying,

"why are they fighting?"
"Oh no reason really, just because."
"Just because?
"Yep."

it gets a little boring. The personalities of some of them are great i.e.Nigel and Colt, but the storylines should be made into a bigger deal I think. I mean do you honestly care about Tyler Black and Bryan Danielson besides their tremendous matches? No, not really. Maybe I'm just not seeing something here. idk. feel free to tell me.

4. And Finally, how come they don't have a Mid-Card title? I know it's not a necessity but still it would give guys like Colt, Chris Hero, Strong, and Brent Albright, and Claudio Castignoli (sp?) something to do.

So there are my thoughts on ROH, I love it, and will continue to watch!

Isn't it just a breath of fresh air after watching something like Raw every week? It really is. Not every show is great, but most of their shows feature atleast one match that puts most anything the WWE does in that week to shame (well, except for Smackdown).

Exactly. It's something different. Kind of like what an alternative to the WWE would be. Did that comment "cross the line"? (Did anyone get my hidden TNA references?)

ROH kind of fills in the gaps that the WWE leaves. Want consistently good main events? ROH has them. Want tag team wrestling? ROH has it. I'm glad that it comes on Mondays now as well. I can just go on a 3 hour wrestling trip instead of a little bit each day.

Triple agreed on that...I'm not a fan of Dirty Ernie, or Grizzly Redwood either. Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn should be very good as well, I mean, it's Jerry fucking Lynn we're talking about.

Jerry Lynn's worst matches are solid, and I'm a big fan of Tyler Black. Him and A-Double are going to have to step their games up now that Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuiness have left.

Once last random thought. What do people see in Delirious? I find him unbelievably annoying.

So I'm going to attempt to channel my inner KB and recap the action of Ring of Honor on HDNet each and every Monday. I know many people don't get HDNet and I feel that just because you don't have the channel doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to follow the product. I'm not going to do hold by hold reviews of each match, but I will provide the important spots of each one. I'm also not going to review the matches and segments, just the overall show. I'm not sure right now if I'm going to use a letter grade, number grade or just a general comment about the show overall, I'll have to wait and see how this goes.

This is going to be a lot of trial and error for me. So please don't expect KB quality right off the bat. This is a new thing for me to try, so it might take a few weeks for me to fine tune my techniques.

For the first month or so, I'm going to speak about the wrestlers and storylines more than I will in the future. Since there are a lot of people out there who are unfamiliar with Ring of Honor, I think it would be best to give some background information on wrestlers and angles to get everyone up to speed. I'll probably do this for the first 3 or 4 shows. Hopefully after that the storylines and wrestlers will be familiar enough to everyone so I won't have to explain each detail.

Without further ado, The Bearded One-Der presents his recap of Ring of Honor on HDNet.

The show opens up with Steve Corino and Kevin Steen outside The Arena talking about what they've been through there and what is going to happen in the main event tonight. I will go over the entire storyline later on in the recap.

Cheech and Cloudy vs The Set

Cheech and Cloudy are basically stoner/surfer dudes. They're a highflying tag team and are really fun to watch. My only problem with them is that Cloudy looks like he is 11. When you think of The Set, just think of Too Cool. They are basically the same team. They aren't used too much on Ring of Honor outside of being jobbers so I can't comment too much on them. The Set is made up of Jay-Sin and Lance Lewd, so that should tell you something about these guys.

Cloudy and Lewd start us off with a test of strength between two of the smallest guys on the roster, which Cloudy quickly gets the upperhand on before tagging out to Cheech. Lewd regains control with a thumb to the eyes. Cloudy with a nice dropkick on Jay-Sin. A weird looking combination of double team moves puts The Set back in control. Lewd was in a wheel barrel position with Sin and was getting rammed into Cloudy. Lewd gets a dive over the top rope on Cheech and Cloudy with the help of Sin. Cheech and Cloudy regain the upper hand and get the win by having Cloudy do a Swanton Bomb off Cheech's shoulders.

Not really much to it besides giving Cheech and Cloudy a win on TV.

We get a recap of what happened last week between Steen and ROH World Champion Tyler Black. During Black's match, Steen came in and hit Black with a package piledriver leaving him unconcious. This Sunday, Black defends the title against Steen. Kevin Steen is on fire right now.

Sara del Rey vs. Jamilla Craft

Sara Del Rey is the "Queen of Wrestling". She is in the same stable as the current tag team champions, The Kings of Wrestling, which is made up of Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli. She is a great womens wrestler and had probably the best womens match I've ever seen against Amazing Kong at Supercard of Honor 5 a few months ago, which Del Rey won after using Chris Hero's alleged loaded elbow pad. Del Rey and Kong are still feuding and are in a match together this weekend. I don't know much about Craft as this is only her second or third showing on HDNet.

Del Rey starts out with a big boot and german suplex to Craft and gets a quick two count. This is going to be a squash. Del Rey ties Craft in the ropes and kicks her across the chest about 10 times and gets another 2. Craft is making a small comeback before getting kicked back down. Del Rey hit Craft with a piledriver and got the pin.

We go back to 2 weeks ago to an argument between Christopher Daniels and Roderick Strong after losing a tag team match. Strong has been claiming everyone has been lying to him, and now he has found the truth with his new manager Truth Martini. We go to a promo with Strong and Martini saying that Strong is a changed man and that he will show Daniels the truth next week. So next weeks main event is Strong vs Daniels! It should be awesome!

We again go back to 2 weeks ago and we see The Briscoes running in to The Kings of Wrestling match against The Dark City Fight Club and just causing all sorts of havoc. Now we see a promo with The Kings of Wrestling. They say the Briscoes are immature and sore losers. They claim that ROH is a hazardous work environment due to the Briscoes and will no longer appear on the same show or the same building as the Briscoes.

Rasche Brown vs. Erick Stevens

"The Skullcrusher" Rasche Brown is a big scary black man. He is a powerhouse and I love watching him in the ring. He just beats people down. When he was debuted he was being wooed by all the managers in Ring of Honor, notably Prince Nana, the leader of The Embassy. Brown declined all the offers and chose to stay alone, and this pissed Nana off. Brown has been feuding with The Embassy ever since. Erick Stevens is a member of The Embassy and is also a big powerful guy. He was Prince Nana's Crown Jewel until the Necro Butcher recently joined. Its only natural that these two powerhouses would eventually face off one on one on HDNet.

Brown rushes the ring and starts wailing on Stevens. Lets go outside the ring to show the hate. Stevens is trying to run but Brown is just beating him down, throwing him into the guardrail. SkullKrusher tries to charge Steven as hes against the rail but Stevens moves and Brown crashes into it. Good Lord that looked painful. Stevens now has the upperhand, even though his punches aren't doing much. Brown turns Steven inside out with a clothesline and gets a two count.

As SkullKrusher is hitting a choke slam, Necro Butcher runs in and starts beating down Brown. The Embassy is destroying Brown until the Dark City Fight Club makes the save! That is completely out of left field but I absolutely love it. The DCFC are two big powerful guys and are one of my favorite teams in ROH. Hopefully they'll be getting the push they deserve.

We get a recap of the Cabana/Generico vs Steen/Corino feud. I'll go over it in just a second. Kevin Steen might be the best heel in wrestling today. He plays the sadistic psycho so well.

El Generico & Colt Cabana vs. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino – Anything Goes Street Fight

This is all backstory. Kevin Steen and El Generico were tag team partners in Ring of Honor for years. They eventually became champions before losing the belts to the American Wolves last year. They unsuccessfully tried to regain them several times. Then, on the first ever iPPV, Final Battle, Kevin Steen turned on Generico after a loss to the Young Bucks (Generation Me) by kicking him in the nuts and hitting him with a chair. Ever since then Steen has been hellbent on ending Generico's career. Generico was devastated because his best friend turned his back on him, but his friend Colt Cabana was there for him. Cabana hated Steen for what he did to Generico.

We come to find out that Steve Corino was the mastermind behind Steen's plans. He lead Steen to believe that Generico was holding him back. Cabana hated Corino because he not only caused Steen to turn on Generico, but Corino also cost cost him a chance to become the Television Champion. Corino thinks Cabana is putting his nose and other peoples business and doesn't like it. Steen doesn't like Cabana because he's friends with Generico. This whole time Generico couldn't bring himself to hit Steen because of how hurt he was.

Slowly but surely Generico regained his confidence due to his alliance with Cabana. Finally, at the Big Bang the 4 men faced off in a tag match. It ended in a DQ after Steen hit Cabana with a chair. Steen continued the post match assault until Generico finally snapped on Steen and Corino and saved Cabana. Generico beat down everyone in his way to save Cabana.

At Death Before Dishonor, Steen and Generico had their first one on one match. Steen beat Generico after some kind of cheating, truthfully I can't remember how and I can't find a detailed report of it to find out. Thats basically it, there were other matches with a combination of the 4 guys, but thats the bare bones of the feud. I know the background was long and most likely rambled on and on and on, but I have loved every second of this feud and is easily my Feud of the Year so far.

So, now on to tonight's main event. This match will probably be impossible to describe, but I'll try my best.

The heels are out first, and if you don't know who the heels are after that recap, I don't feel like going over it again so look it up. Steen and Corino have chairs before the other two even show up and it keeps them out of the ring. Cabana and Generico outsmart the heels and get the upper hand. We're back on the floor with just wild brawling, which is all this should be.

Back in the ring Generico is fighting Corino before diving off the ropes to the floor onto Steen. That was nice! And now Steen is beating down Cabana. Steen tok apart a barricade and slammed Cabana on it. Ouch. Generico just threw Corino into the crowd. Now everyone is in the crowd fighting and the crowd is losing its mind over this!

Sorry if this is hard to follow, but its been out of control and hard to describe. Steen hits Generico with a Fisherman Brain Buster onto the seat of an unfolded chair! Good Lord that looked painful. The ref has got them back inside the ring now as Steen and Corino are in control here. I think the crowd wants tables. I'm not sure though.

The heels are just dismantling Generico and now Cabana comes into make the save until the numbers game catches up to him. He tried to hit a Lionsault type move and Steen and Corino just step out of the way. I loved that. The crowd thinks this is awesome, and I have to agree. Corino pulls out 2 tables and the crowd loves it. They place both tables in different corners.

Cabana regains the upper hand as Generico is still hurt on the floor. Nevermind, Steen just blasted Cabana. Steen charged Generico, who was on the apron, but Generico pulled the rope down and Steen went to the floor. Generico attempted to Full Nelson Suplex Corino through a table but it didn't break. That must be the worlds stongest table. It only gets a two count.

Steen has two chairs set up to where the seats are facing each other but gets Full Nelson Suplexed though them by Generico. Good God! That looked sick. The heels are back in control and Steen set a chair up and destroyed it with Genericos head! I don't know how to describe what just happened. How is Generico not dead?

Steen has a table set up on the top turnbuckle. Think of how Shwan Michaels used to lay on the ropes and thats how he has the table. Corino has the barricade in the ring. Ok, so Steen and Corino have the barricade set up like a table with 4 chairs used as legs, if that makes sense, right in front of the table. Something sick is about to happen.

Cabana comes back in to try and make a comeback but gets punched out by Corino. Generico just got superplexed though the barricade on the chairs! Holy shit!!!!! Oh my Gawd!!!!!! The pin, 1...2...Cabana makes the save! Cabana spinebusters Steens through an open chair and the chair is now dead.

So now theres the table on the ropes and a table right in front. Cabana and Corino are fighting on the top rope table with Generico and Steen fighting up he aisle. Corino superplexes Cabana through the table for the pin!

Wow, what a great match. It was head and shoulders better than their match at Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies II. It was violent, it was brutal, and it was awesome.

But wait, theres more! Generico and Steen are fighting in the parking lot! Steen powerbombs Generico onto the hood of a Jeep. Tyler Black runs in and throws Steen into the side of the Jeep as the show goes off the air.

The first half of the show was pretty lackluster, but the second half more than made up for it. I hope I did a good job describing it, it was pretty chaotic and all over the place. You need to try to find the match on Youtube, it was that good.

I hope you enjoyed my recap. I'm going to try to make this a weekly thing. Hopefully I will improve each week. Thanks for reading.

*In his Vince McMahon announcer's voice*

Welcome everyone to the Ring of Honor on HDNet Recap for July 26, 2010!

Now that thats out of the way, on to business. Thanks everyone for the feedback from last week, and I will take your comments to heart tonight. I am still experimenting with what the best way to do this is, so tonight's recap may look different than how last weeks was. I'm also going to continue giving some background information on the wrestlers for those who are not up to date with the current Ring of Honor product.

Tonight's show looks awesome on paper, so lets get to it!

The show opens with The Kings of Wrestling bitching about The Briscoes and a recap of their feud.

Kings of Wrestling "Open Challenge"

The Kings of Wrestling are made up of "The Very European" Claudio Castagnoli and "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero and are your current ROH Tag Team Champions. They won the titles at The Big Bang from The Briscoes and these two teams have been feuding since last year. The Kings are fun to watch and had a great match with the Motor City Machine Guns at Super Card of Honor 5 a few months back.

Shane Hagadorn, the Kings manager, says that they are going to go up against three of the best teams, so lets cue the jobbers.

Team 1 is Josh Emanual and Ice Jackson, and the announcers have never heard of them. This just be a great technical masterpiece, nope, nevermind...just a squash and its taking forever. Death Blow ends it.

Team 2 is Adam Cole and Nick Westgate, and the announcers haven't heard of this team either. Cole actually got some offense in until Hero decapitated him with a boot. Looks like another squash for the Kings. KRS 1 ends it. This is more fun than it should be.

Team 3 is the Ninjas! Oh shit! I learned a long time ago to never fight a ninja. They unmask and its The Briscoes! They are taking it to the Kings. Doomsday Device on Castagnoli ends this for the Nin...I mean Briscoes. That was fun.

Backstage, Christopher Daniels talks about facing Roderick Strong in tonight's main event. That should be a great match, I can't wait!

Dark City Fight Club vs The American Wolves

This match has my two favorite tag teams in Ring Of Honor facing off, so I am super excited for this. The Dark City Fight Club are made up of Jon Davis and Kory Chavis and they are two big powerful wrestlers who just brutalize their opponents. They have been climbing the ranks of the tag division and it looks like they are finally reaching the top of the division. The American Wolves, as you can tell from my sig, are my favorite tag team. The Wolves consist of the ROH Television Champion Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards, the wrestler many consider is the best in the world. They have been focusing more on singles wrestling lately, but they are still a great team.

A few minutes in, Chavis goes for a clothesline on Richards but misses with it, but gets him with a knee. That was weird. Wolves take control with suicide dives as Richards looked like he faceplanted on the barrier. That was awesome. Richards had Chavis in the Cloverleaf and Edwards came off the top with a double stomp. The DCFC are just wearing down Richards with power moves. Just as Richards is about to get the tag, Chavis knocks Edwards off the apron with a boot. And now he gets the tag to Edwards, who takes over in typical hot tag fashion. DAMMIT! FUCKING EMBASSY!! We were having a perfectly good match and then the Embassy had to ruin it. Rasche Brown runs it to help out the DCFC as the Wolves make a run for it. And now we have a brawl at ringside.

I vote bullshit for this. The Embassy have been stale for a year now and I don't want to see the DCFC get caught up with them. This fell flat in every way. Definately a disappointment.

We get a recap of the recent history of Roderick Strong and Christopher Daniels, including Strong's alignment with Truth Martini.

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs Roderick Strong

I think we all know who Christopher Daniels is, but he is in ROH to prove that he is the best wrestler in the world. I went over Roderick Strong's schtick last week, so you can look it up yourselves. Hopefully this match lives up to the hype I have given it. On a completely unrelated note, I love streamers.

As with most matches, this one starts with a lock-up, which Strong quickly gets the advantage of. A nice sequence of reversals ends with Strong in a headlock. He fights out of it but Daniels quickly regains control. Daniels has been dominating this so far. Right as I type that Roderick Strong hits two lightning fast kicks and an aweseom backbreaker and gains control of the match. Truth Martini makes me laugh, and I'm not sure if he should. In a nice bit of psychology, Daniels tries to lift Strong but his back goes out on him because of all the damage Strong has done to it. I love stuff like that. The very next move Strong goes for is a backbreaker. Makes perfect sense. Daniels reverses a Strong Hold attempt into a roll up. I'm just realizing how much sense Strong's moveset makes. He does a ton of backbreakers and his finsher is a Boston Crab-like move.

As I slowly become a bigger fan of Strong, Daniels takes control. A nice springboard moonsault to the floor by The Fallen Angel puts Strong out of commission. Martini begins to read his Book of Truth to Daniels which distracts him and allows Strong to regain control. Daniels has Strong in a Koji Clutch but he reaches the rope. I love that move, by the way. This has been a really good match so far. Martini just clocked Daniels with the "Book of Truth" which stunned him long enough for Strong to hit him with an awesome flying boot to get the pin. I liked that match.

Next week, Jay Briscoe faces Claudio Castagnoli and Mark Briscoe faces Chris Hero. As for this week, it was a fun show outside of The Embassy interfering, but it was nowhere near as good as last weeks. Honestly, with the way it looked on paper, tonight was disappointing. Check out the main event on youtube, but nothing else.

Great work doing these recaps Bearded One, the more attention to ROH and the indies on this forum, the better. Tried to rep you but I couldn't, probably because I think I repped your last recap. I'd post in this thread more often, but I always end up watching the episodes weeks after they air, or not at all. It's weird, but ROH just hasn't really been clicking for me this year outside of the main event and tag team scene, the undercards just keep killing it for me with alot of guys that just really aren't very talented getting pushes, guys like Grizzly Redwood and shit just make the promotion come off as amateur-hour.

I've got the last month of ROH on HDNet lying on my DVD shelf right now, just haven't gotten around to watching it. Last episode I watched was last month, June 7th, which had a very fun Black-Aries main event. Those two could probably put on a good match in their sleep, they just have phenomenal chemistry and even if they have faced each other something like 90 times now, it's always fun.

I'll try to start catching up with ROH so I can post more in here. I'm just so freaking behind right now, especially on their main shows.

Great work doing these recaps Bearded One, the more attention to ROH and the indies on this forum, the better. Tried to rep you but I couldn't, probably because I think I repped your last recap. I'd post in this thread more often, but I always end up watching the episodes weeks after they air, or not at all. It's weird, but ROH just hasn't really been clicking for me this year outside of the main event and tag team scene, the undercards just keep killing it for me with alot of guys that just really aren't very talented getting pushes, guys like Grizzly Redwood and shit just make the promotion come off as amateur-hour.

I've got the last month of ROH on HDNet lying on my DVD shelf right now, just haven't gotten around to watching it. Last episode I watched was last month, June 7th, which had a very fun Black-Aries main event. Those two could probably put on a good match in their sleep, they just have phenomenal chemistry and even if they have faced each other something like 90 times now, it's always fun.

I'll try to start catching up with ROH so I can post more in here. I'm just so freaking behind right now, especially on their main shows.

Thank you for the praise kind sir. I'm probably going to do future recaps like I did tonights. Re-reading it, it just seemed much smoother than last weeks, but maybe its because I didn't have to do a tag team street fight this week.

Anywho, I remember that Aries-Black match to be pretty good. I am getting tired of them wrestling each other, even though, outside of Final Battle 2009, I've enjoyed all of their matches. That match just pissed me off and I felt like watching it was a gigantic waste of time. But there was a reason for it so I guess I'll let it slide.

As for the ROH product this year, I've really enjoyed it. The tag division is on fire. Generico and Steen are having the best feud in wrestling this year. Black is doing a wonderful job of being World Champ. He really does get a ton of undeserved hate from the fans, a la Cena from 2006. He puts on fantastic match after fantastic match and still gets booed. It pisses me off. Basically, I think everything other than The Embassy has been awesome this year.

What was the last main show you've seen?

Thank you for the praise kind sir. I'm probably going to do future recaps like I did tonights. Re-reading it, it just seemed much smoother than last weeks, but maybe its because I didn't have to do a tag team street fight this week.

Anywho, I remember that Aries-Black match to be pretty good. I am getting tired of them wrestling each other, even though, outside of Final Battle 2009, I've enjoyed all of their matches. That match just pissed me off and I felt like watching it was a gigantic waste of time. But there was a reason for it so I guess I'll let it slide.

Agreed on Final Battle, terrible match and a terrible booking decision, makes me miss Gabe even more.

As for the ROH product this year, I've really enjoyed it. The tag division is on fire. Generico and Steen are having the best feud in wrestling this year. Black is doing a wonderful job of being World Champ. He really does get a ton of undeserved hate from the fans, a la Cena from 2006. He puts on fantastic match after fantastic match and still gets booed. It pisses me off. Basically, I think everything other than The Embassy has been awesome this year.

Yeah like I said the tag and main event scenes are both pretty stellar and have only gotten better with the return of Daniels (can this guy PLEASE get a motherfucking World title reign, please? Just one?). The losses of guys like Danielson and Nigel really hurt them, but they've been coming back into their own lately.

What was the last main show you've seen?

Hmmm...The Big Bang iPPV I believe, which was a great show with a great main event. The funny thing is though that I've literally got every show from 2010 thus far, and I've only watched like 2-3 of them. I'm so behind I think just because I've been going back and rewatching every one of their old shows for my ratings blog (I'm currently at The Tradition Continues from October of 2003) and once a new show comes out and I get that one, I always feel like I can't watch it until I watch the older ones first. I don't know, I'm weird I guess.

You're a big ROH guy, what have been some of the best matches you've seen thus far from ROH this year on their main shows or HDNet? I heard great things about Death Before Dishonor this year.

Agreed on Final Battle, terrible match and a terrible booking decision, makes me miss Gabe even more.

Yeah like I said the tag and main event scenes are both pretty stellar and have only gotten better with the return of Daniels (can this guy PLEASE get a motherfucking World title reign, please? Just one?). The losses of guys like Danielson and Nigel really hurt them, but they've been coming back into their own lately.

Hmmm...The Big Bang iPPV I believe, which was a great show with a great main event. The funny thing is though that I've literally got every show from 2010 thus far, and I've only watched like 2-3 of them. I'm so behind I think just because I've been going back and rewatching every one of their old shows for my ratings blog (I'm currently at The Tradition Continues from October of 2003) and once a new show comes out and I get that one, I always feel like I can't watch it until I watch the older ones first. I don't know, I'm weird I guess.

You're a big ROH guy, what have been some of the best matches you've seen thus far from ROH this year on their main shows or HDNet? I heard great things about Death Before Dishonor this year.

DBD was fucking awesome. Not one bad match on the entire show and I'd say 3 ****+ matches. Black and Richards had one of the best matches I have ever seen in ROH. My favorite show of the year, not just in the indies, but in wrestling in general.

The best match on HDNet has to be the Television Title tournament finals between Edwards and Richards. Incredible match from start to finish. Both guys laid it all on the line and the winner was a surprise as well. The street fight from last week was brutal. It was better than the Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies match they had.

My favorite DVD so far is Epic Encounter III, with Supercard of Honor V being a close 2nd. It was just fun from start to finish. The only bad match on it was the House of Truth match, which is to be expected. The rest of the show was good to great, and the Richards vs Omega match was fantastic.

I know exactly what you mean about watching old videos first. Every time I get an old one I have to watch that one before moving on. I actually just ordered 2 more ROH DVDs. I ordered Unified and Final Countdown Tour: Boston, so I can't wait to see them. Damn, I just realized that I have 2 Evolve, 2 Dragon Gate USA, and 2 Ring of Honor shows on the way. I'm excited!

Just like Eric Bischoff in the WWE, I'm back and I'm better than ever. Sorry about the lateness of this, I got carried away with my pathetic life outside of this. So lets get to getting.

The opening video is about the feud between The Briscos and the Kings of Wrestling. Tonight its Jay Briscoe vs Claudio Castagnoli and Mark Briscoe vs Chris Hero.

The Embassy vs Dark City Fight Club

Tonight its Ernesto Osiris and Shawn Davari representing The Embassy. This is a Tag Wars 2010 opening round match. The winners of each of the 3 brackets will face the Kings of Wrestling at the Charlotte show later this month in Ultimate Endurance with the gold on the line. Considering the teams involved in this match, it should be a squash.

So far its been all DCFC with most of the action happening on the outside. Finally we're in the ring and somehow Daivari is in control. The announcers point out that Prince Nana, the leader of The Embassy, wants to advance in Tag Wars to make more money so he can buy a boat made of solid gold. Ever since the action returned to the ring, The Embassy has been in control. As I type that, Jon Davis destroys Osiris with a powerslam. Hot tag to Chavis as he cleans house, which is a phrase I've never understood. Big double team move finishes it off for the DCFC. Good little match, and the DCFC moves on to the next round which makes me happy.

Its time for an interview with the Briscoes. They just talk about their matches the only way the Briscoes can.

10 Minute Hunt

In the ring, Eddie Edwards introduces us once again to his 10 Minute Hunt. The idea is if a wrestler lasts 10 minutes in the ring with him, he gets a future TV Title shot. Edwards asks the guy who he is, and his name is Freddie something. If this lasts longer than 3 minutes I'll be shocked.

Edwards pops the guy with the mic before the match starts. The dude gets some offense in actually, but not for long. Big boot knocks this guy out of the ring. This guy is terrible and just botched getting in the ring. Achilies Lock ends it is 2:40. The guys name is Jay Freddie. Another squash under Edwards belt.

We now get a recap of the incident that started the Austin Aries and Delirious feud. Basically, Aries just attacked his throat. They have a match up next.

Next week is Tyler Black vs Christopher Daniels! Sweet! And Necro Butcher vs Rasche Brown. Okay. Brown talks about how pain is coming.

Austin Aries vs Delirious

I like both of these guys, so this should be fun. They had a solid match at Death Before Dishonor and an awesome segment at Supercard of Honor 5. I'm really looking forward to this.

And after Delirious makes his entrance, Aries comes out in street clothes with a microphone. Damn. Aries says he's sick and is unable to westle Delirious. A "Bullshit" chant breaks out. Doctor says he has a 3rd Degree case of larangitis, nice. He found a replacement in Kenny King.

Kenny King vs Delirious

This should still be good, as I'm a big big fan of Kenny King. I think he has future world champ written all over him. King ws in control for the early part of the match until Delirious hits a nice leg lariat. Awesome sounding chops in the corner by Delirious. Those things POPPED. Delirous is now chasin Aries around the outside and back into the ring. He hits a baseball slide on Aries and fights him on the ouside until King can capitalize on it. I love that bottom rope springboard leg drop that King does, even though it missed to put Delirious back in control. Side note, Daizee Haze is completely unnactractive. Delirious has the Cobra Clutch on King and Aries blows smoke from his pipe into Delirious' face. This distracts him long enough for King to hit a knee strike and get the roll up. And this feud is obviously going to continue, which I'm not complaining about as its been solid enough.

Claudio Castagnoli vs Jay Briscoe

I could see Claudio Castagnoli main eventing WWE PPVs against John Cena. He has a great look and in ring skills. Jay Briscoe just looks like a crazy person, which works perfectly for him. Shane Hagadorn says this is the last time the Kings of Wrestling fight the Briscoes.

Jay runs in quickly and starts this match off hot. Once again, we're fighting on the outside. I wish they would stay in the ring a little more. I just realized that Claudio is sporting a short mohawk, which is odd to say the least. Good powerslam gets a 2 for Claudio as the crowd tries to rally Jay Briscoe. An awesome bicycle kick gets another 2. Claudio just lifted the dead weight of Jay Briscoe and german suplexed him. He is just scary strong. Jay hit a nice crossbody after fighting off a suplerplex attempt by Claudio. Jay gives a big boot to the face of Hagadorn only to turn around and get turned inside out by a clothesline. A series of quick pin attempts and rollups gets the win for Jay Briscoe!

Out of nowhere Chris Hero runs in and the Kings begin a beatdown on Jay Briscoe. They hit the KRS 1 on him before Mark Briscoe runs in to start his match with Hero.

Chris Hero vs Mark Briscoe

This begins immediately after the beatdown and we see Mark Briscoe in control. Hero escapes to the outside before Mark Briscoe flies over the top rope onto him. Briscoe hits a crazy looking and sounding suplex to Hero on the floor. And now Chris Hero begins to start throwing elbows. He would be so much better if he didn't rely so much on elbow strikes. Hero is dominating this right now, and is just standing on Briscoe's throat, which looks uncomfortable. Hero has been dominating the last 5 or so minutes of the match, with Mark Briscoe only getting the occasional punch in. Hero misses a moonsault, which I don't think I've ever seen him try, and it gives Mark the upper hand. A vicious rolling elbow and powerbomb by Hero only gets a 2. If he only used elbows like this I'd be fine with it, but he overuses them. Quick rollup by Mark Briscoe gets the pin for the sweep by the Briscoes. They have the upper hand in singles matches but can't seem to win the tag matches.

We see a video package hyping the tag teams of Ring of Honor. On September 11th, at Glory By Honor IX, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, The World's Greatest Tag Team, are wrestling the Kings of Wrestling! That should be a fantastic match! I was already going to order the iPPV, but this just guaranteed it. Its only $15, so if your tired of what other companies are offering, give it a shot. Based on this match alone it should be well worth the price.

Although this show didn't have the one great match like the previous couple of weeks have had, it has been the most complete top to bottom show I've recapped. When this comes up on youtube, there is no particular match I'd recommend, but you should check out the show as a whole. Overall, it was very enjoyable.

Ok, so I'm back this week. Sorry for not having a recap last week, I had a friend over while watching it and to be honest, the show was pretty bad, so I couldn't get motivated to watch it again to do this. So I'm going to try extra hard tonight for everybody. So lets get on to the show.

Ring of Honor on HDNet
8/16/10

The show opens up with a recap of what Davey Richards and Roderick Strong have been up to this year. Tonight's main event is Davey Richards vs Roderick Strong, with the winner getting a title shot! Oh boy, this makes me one happy man. After the opening video package, we go straight to our first match.

Rhett Titus vs Jerry Lynn

Rhett Titus has one of my favorite gimmicks in wrestling. He is "Addicted to Love" and gives his hotel room key to a lucky lady at ringside. He is managed by Austin Aries and is tag team partners with Kenny King in the All Night Express. I think we all know Jerry Lynn. This starts off hot with the two flying around everywhere. A perfect dropkick gets a two count for Titus. A "Rhett's a virgin" chant starts, which causes Titus to freak out. Titus is just an entertaining character, he is so fun and goofy. Anyways, back to the match.

Lynn takes Titus over the top rope, but gets distracted by Aries before he can capitalize. Titus hits the Muff Driver for two. This match has been really one sided, but not completely. Lynn is just getting enough offense in to make this not a squash. Awesome tornado DDT gets a two count for Lynn after he fights off a suplerplex. Titus has Lynn on his shoulders but Lynn gets a sunset flip for a 3-count.

After the match, Kenny King comes down for the beatdown. Delirious comes in to make the save. This was a good little match.

Backstage, Kyle Durden is with Steve Corino and Kevin Steen. Corino says a chain symbolizes the unity of him and Steen, but can tear apart Cabana and Generico. Steen talks about how he hates Generico.

El Generico vs Erick Stevens

No introductions for this one. I'm calling a Kevin Steen run-in on this match, as this seems completely random and weird. I think Erick Stevens is a wrestler that could take over a main event spot if all of the rumors about the wrestlers leaving are true. I also think Generico could be a dark horse to take the title from Tyler Black, so I just might be crazy.

Of course this match is about speed vs power, and right now power is prevailing. Stevens is just wearing Generico down with power moves as the crowd begins Ole-ing. A dropkick turns the match back into Generico's favor, but gets overpowered soon enough. A big Yakuza (I have no idea how to spell it) gives Generico the upper hand. And yep, here is Steen and Corino with a chain, which Steen uses to choke Generico. And here's Colt Cabana for the save with a steel chair.

I absolutely love this feud so this no finish is fine with me.

Kyle Durden is in the back with Davey Richards and Shane Hagadorn. Richards says that he understands what it takes to be World Champ now, but Truth Martini interrupts him, and I stopped caring. Richards tells Hagadorn he's not going to be a ringside.

Glory By Honor IX ad, hyping the Kings of Wrestling vs The World's Greatest Tag Team.

And now we get another recap of the Steen/ Corino vs Generico/ Cabana feud. I think we know it by now, but it's still awesome. At Glory By Honor, the four will face off in a Double Chain Match. Nice.

And now its more hype for GBH IX and the Kings of Wrestling vs WGTT match.

House of Truth vs Mike Sydal and Aiden Chambers

I can't stand the House of Truth and Truth Martini, so please make this quick. Mike Sydal is the brother of Matt Sydal, also known in the WWE as Evan Bourne, so lets see if he is as good as his sibling. Why does Josh Raymond wear fishnets? Christian Able has the worst tattoos I have ever seen.

Mike Sydal is in the ring, and is flying all over the place, before being torpedoed into the the top turnbuckle. The House of Truth gets the pin after a weird double team move. Thank God that was a short match.

Next week an 8 man tag match. The Embassy vs The Dark City Fight Club, Rasche Brown and Grizzly Redwood. Woo hoo. . . Not.

Roderick Strong vs Davey Richards

To say I'm excited for this match is an understatement. Richards looks awesome in black tights, which is a sentence that would say extremely gay out of context. This should be a stiff, hard hitting match. Davey Richards grabs a mic before the match starts and wants Strong to send Martini to the back like Hagadorn, and he complies. And now we get the bell.

The two lock up and neither can gain the upper hand which turns into a nice little grappling sequence in which Strong gains the advantage. A shot by Richards sends Strong to the outside to regroup. Both men are being cautious early, which I like as it seems like neither man wants to make a mistake and lose his shot at Tyler Black. Richards has a great submission on Strong which Strong reverses into a Camel Cluth. There are all types of reversals going on right now as neither man can gain the advantage.

Snap! Strong was on the ring floor and Richards ran across the apron and blasted him with a brutal kick across the chest, as now somebody finally has control of the match. Strong gets control and is now chopping the everliving daylights out of Richards, as my mom would say. Richards is kicking the shit out of Strong in the corner. Imagine Joe vs Kobashi with the chops, except this wasn't stupid. He probably hit about 10 to 15 kicks on him lightning fast.

This match has been very back-and-forth, so I'm having a hard time covering this. Both men have been countering everything the other thows at them. Now, Strong is in control and is wearing down Richards' mid-section. They are fighting on the apron now, with Strong being thrown down shoulder first. Awesome reversal by Richards into an armbar variation that I'm not sure how to spell. Strong continues to work on the back whenever he is in control. To be honest, this has been every bit as good as their match in Chicago a few months back, although this one isn't as face paced as that one. Rolling powerbomb from the top rope lays Strong out and leads to Richards hitting a beautiful German Suplex on Strong, which is followed by another that drops Strong head first on the mat. That was scary looking.

Oh shit! Richards misses Strong with a strike and destroys referee Todd Sinclair. Shane Hagadorn comes down to assist Richards, but he pushes him off the apron. This distraction allows Strong to hit a sick diving boot for the three count. Roderick Strong gets the title shot at Glory By Honor IX, and most likely the title as well.

This was by far the best episode of ROH on HDNet I have reviewed. Not a bad match from top to bottom, with the main event being borderline great. Strong and Richards never dissappoint, and this was no exception. Overall, a fantastic hour of wrestling and if I were you, I'd definately check this out on youtube later this week. Thanks for reading.

Another week has come and gone and since it is now Monday night, its time for some Ring of Honor on HDNet action. The only match I know about so far is the one announced last week, which is The Embassy vs. Dark City Fight Club, Rasche Brown, and Grizzly Redwood. Let's get us a watch,shall we?

We start out with a recap of what happened last week between Davey Richards and Shane Hagadorn.

Briscoes vs Alex Anthony and Bobby Shields

Coincidentally, The Briscoes just signed new contracts with ROH today. This is going to be more or less a squash. Shields and Mark Briscoe starts the match out. This match will probably be designed to make the Brothers look good going into the final rounds of Tag Wars this weekend. The announcers even point out that this is only a warm-up for this weekend. Wow. Alex Anthony looks just like Little Richard. I mean, that really might be Little Richard. Shields gets the lukewarm tag and pays the price for getting tagged in. Doomsday Device on Shields gets the win for the Briscoes.

Kyle Durden enters the ring to ask the Briscoes about their goals in the tag team division. Jay says they don't care about the division, they just want the Kings of Wrestling. I'm happy I could make out what they said.

Prince Nana runs down The Embassy's opponents for tonight.

Kevin Steen w/ Steve Corino vs Jerry Lynn

This is a Pick 6 Contenders match. This should be a really good match. I recently made a post about Kevin Steen perhaps being the best wrestler on the independent scene, the man is just awesome.

Kevin Steen quickly rolls to the outside to consult with Corino. A back senton by Steen would hurt like hell, just ask Jerry Lynn as it just happened to him. Lynn gets a nice head scissors and a dropkick. He tries to hit the ropes and gets tripped by Corino, who gets ejected from ringside for his trouble. This gives Steen the advantage.

Lynn hits Steen with an over the toprope dive that gives him control of the match. Lynn just ascted like he was going to do some kind of rolling move, but just stands up and pokes Steen in the eye, got a good laugh out of me. Lynn got Steen with the TKO, thats got to take some strength. Steen powerbombs Lynn and when he kicks out from the pin he locks on the Sharpshooter, but Lynn makes it to the ropes. Steen counters a Cradle Piledriver attempt into an Alabama Slam that makes Mike Hodgewood freak out. Steen goes for a Senton Bomb, but Lynn gets the knees up.

Lynn is on the top rope and Rhett Titus runs down and Lynn jumps down on him. Steen capitalizes on this and gets a roll up on Lynn for the 1-2-3 while holding the ropes. This was a very good little match.

Rasche Brown puts his team over, and Redwood looks completely out of place.

Next week is the Kings of Wrestling vs Cabana/ El Generico.

We now get some exclusive content from after the show went off the air last week with what happened between Davey Richards and Shane Hagadorn. Hagadorn blames Richards for the loss, and gets knocked out in the process. Edwards comes down to try a cool things off. Richards says him and Edwards are cool, but doesn't want anything to do with Hagadorn anymore.

Kyle Durden is in the back with Jim Cornette who talks about being excited about the match between the Kings of Wrestlings vs Charlie Haas and Shelton Banjamin at Glory By Honor IX. Enter Truth Martini and Roderick Strong. I can't stand Martini. He wants to pick the referee for Strong's title match at GBH. Cornette rants against Martini and Strong the only way he can. Enter Tyler Black. He says he sick of what Martini and Strong have been saying. Black wants their title match to be a No DQ match. To say I'm super excited for GBH is a gigantic understatement. I'm so pumped now from that.

The Embassy vs Dark City Fight Club, Rasche Brown, and Grizzly Redwood

The Embassy is made up of Shawn Davari, Mr. Ernesto Osiris, Erick Stevens, and the Necro Butcher. I think Erick Stevens could be a big deal. The face team storms the ring and we're started. The face team is dominating right now; they are just laying waste to Osiris.

The Embassy is outside the ring huddling up. In the ring Rasche Brown lifts Redwood over his head and torpedoes him into the huddle. That was awesome. Wow, Redwood is tiny but he is RIPPED. Stevens just launched him out of the ring to the floor. It makes sense for Redwood to be dominated like this since he is the smallest man in the match, and maybe all of ROH. Redwood gets the advantage by turning a suplex attempt into a sleeper, but before he can make the hot tag, The Embassy knocks his team off the apron.

Finally, we get the hot tag. Jon Davis comes in and destroys Davari. The match is starting to break down now, and of course the announcers think the ref needs to gain control of the match. Everyone besides Rasche Brown is fighting outside the ring, and Brown runs and front flips over the top rope onto the wrestlers outside. That was incredible. Prince Nana low blows Davis and that allows Davari to get the roll-up for the 3 count. I guess that means this feud continues. Shit. I like most of the wrestlers involved, but they need to move on to something else.

Next week we get Tyler Black vs Steve Corino.

This looked like a throw away card on paper, but it was really good. I really enjoyed this show, so check it out when you get a chance.

Tonight marked Monday Night RAW's historic 900th Episode, but what nobody wanted you know, it also marks The Bearded One's not-so-historic 300th post. And what better way to reach this unmonumental feat than by recapping Ring of Honor on HDNet.

The show opens up with Jim Cornette in the ring with Tyler Black. Black says 2010 has been the best year of his life. He says while ROH offered him a good deal to stay, nobody can outbid a billionaire from Connecticut. Black talks about taking the ROH World Title to another show on Monday night, which I'm guessing is RAW. Damn good promo, I really don't get the hate for Tyler Black. I'm sad to see him leave ROH, but he has a bright future in the 'E.

Tonight's main event is Tyler Black vs Steve Corino. That should be pretty good.

House of Truth and Roderick Strong vs Mike Bennett, Andy Ridge and Jay Freddie

I'm interested in this match for Mike Bennett because he, along with Adam Cole, is the newest member of the roster. And he starts us out. He is pretty well built. I liked what I just saw, even though it was only maybe three minutes.

And House of Truth hit the only move I like by them, one member powerbombs the other across the back of the opponent. In case you're wondering, and I know you are, thats was the inspiration for one of Reckless Youth's tag moves. Don't know Reckless Youth, then you need to check out WZCW.

Now that the shameless plug is out of the way, the team managed by Truth Martini is in control. And now things are starting to break down. Sick Kick by Strong gets the 1-2-3 on Freddie for the win. Although he wasn't in the ring for long, I liked what I saw out of Bennet.

Strong has a microphone in the ring after the match. He actually shows sime personality and if he keeps this up, I would agree with putting the title on him.

Kevin Steen and Steve Corino are in the back. They say what you would expect them to say about Generico and Cabana. Good Lord I love this feud.

Now we have Cabana and Generico with a mic in the back. Cabana says when its 2 on 2 Cabana and Generico have the edge. This is by far the best feud in wrestling this year. I'm so pumped for Glory By Honor IX.

El Generico and Colt Cabana vs Kings of Wrestling

This should be a fantastic match, which is non-title by the way. Boom Boom and That Young Knockout Kid start us off. I love that jump-over pin that Cabana does. Hero just did some kind of somersault over the rope to land on the ring apron that looked spectacular to say the least, which led to Castagnoli taking Generico's head off with a big boot. Hero and Castagnoli work so perfectly together. I love the big swing/dropkick combination that KOW do. They are just laying waste to Generico.

Cabana gets the hot tag and gets the camerada, I have no idea how to spell it, on both the Kings. Big dive over the top rope by Generico onto Castagnoli. Steen and Corino come onto the stage with a chain which distracts Cabana. This allows Hreo to hit the Death Blow on him for the pin. Very good match that advanced a story as well.

Aries vs Delirious in a Lumberjack match in two weeks.

Eddie Edwards is in the ring for the 10 Minute Hunt. When is the last time Edwards defebded the belt? He calls out anyone from the locker room and out comes Mike Sydal, brother of Evan Bourne, and he's twice as annoying.

10 Minute Hunt: Eddie Edwards vs Mike Sydal

If Sydal gets the victory or lasts 10 minutes with Edwards, he gets a future TV Title match. Ouch! Edwards catches a kick and throws Sydal down into a split. He then bounces off the ropes and kicks him across the chest. Achillis Lock gets the win for Edwards in 36 seconds. Squash, but it was fun.

Jim Cornette announces Terry Funk as the ringside enforcer for the Title match at Glory By Honor.

Steve Corino vs Tyler Black

Corino attacks Black before the bell to gain the early advantage. Black hits Corino with a nice over the top rope dive. Corino shows some surprising agility by hitting a pretty good looking leg lariat. Steen outside talking trash to Black is pure gold. I don't know why, but I've always liked it when wrestlers use their wrist tape to choke their opponent. Black hits a good looking dropkick and we're back at square one with both men on the mat.

Black gains the advantage when they make it back to their feet. Standing shooting star press gets a two count for the champ. Corino gets a vicious sounding clothesline on Black for a two count. It didn't look like anything special, but that thing popped. Corino grabs the chain Steen has but walks into a pele. Corino pulls a fork out of his trunks, which is something I'd be too afraid to have in there, but gets met with a bucklebomb. Black superkicks Corino for the victory. Entertaining little match here.

Steen attacks Black after the match. Corino hits Black with the chain. Cabana and Generico come down with a chain of their own. Roderick Strong hits the ring and continues to attack Black as the two teams involved in the Double Chain Match fight on the outside as ROH on HDNet goes off the air.

This entire episode did a fantastic job at building Glory By Honor IX. While I'm not exactly thrilled about Terry Funk being involved in the main event, I'm excited for the show as a whole. This was a very good episode of ROH on HDNet. And with that, I'll leave you for this week. If I recall correctly, ROH will return to HDNet in two weeks, so have a nice Labor Day!

So another week, well actually two, has passed and ROH on HDNet returns for the best hour of wrestling on television! This past Saturday was Glory By Honor IX, and Roderick Strong finally won the big one, bringing his record in title matches to 1-15 or something like that. I'm not sure how much fallout we are going to get from the iPPV since this was filmed weeks ago. Now, in the words of a wise black man I once talked to on XBOX Live, "Let's get at it".

The show opens up with Kyle Durden interviewing Grizzly Redwood of all people, but A Double quickly interrupts him and he is wearing the greatest shirt I've ever seen. It says "Make awkward sexual advances, not war". That's brilliant. Anywho, Aries asks Redwood to help him out in his Lumberjack Match tonight against Delirious, because he is the only lumberjack in Ring of Honor. Redwood declines and gets beat down for it.

Rhett Titus vs Christopher Daniels

Austin Aries is in Titus' corner for this bout. The Fallen Angel gets the early advantage with a headlock, but Titus battles back . Oh wow! Titus just dropped kicked Daniels. This might not sound impressive, but Titus was on the mat and Daniels was standing on the top rope. That was impressive and the man from the Temple of Lust control of the match. Titus improves each and every time he steps into the ring.

STO by Daniels and both men are down. Daniels tried a hurricarana, but he landed on the back of his head. Koji Clutch and Titus taps, but Aries has Sinclair distracted. Daniels rams Titus into Aries and hits the BME for the 1-2-3.

Ricky Reyes and Aiden Chambers vs House of Truth

Please God let this be quick. I can't stand the House of Truth, but I'm afraid they are going to be around for a while, since their manager, Truth Martini, has recently guided Roderick Strong to the ROH Title. Oh, yes, it is THAT Ricky Reyes. The one from The Rottweilers from way back when and is a former tag champion. House of Truth win in a bland match. Maybe I'm being biased, but I don't care. Mike Hogwood scared me when he said Martini might be able to lead the HOT to the tag titles. I'm praying that doesn't happen.

Now we are getting an interview with Davey Richards with Jim Cornette. This is a replay from Glory By Honor. In a one sentence summary, Davey Richards is not retiring. They build it up as if he is formally announcing his retirement, but revealing he's staying. It's a great, great interview. Check it out, I think a link is posted in the official Davey Richards is staying thread.

Super Smash Bros. vs American Wolves

Speaking of Davey Richards, here he is now. Super Smash Bros. are a team I've heard a lot about, but I think this is the first time I've seen them tag. I've seen the two of them in singles matches, but never as a team. Actually Player Dos is in one of my favorite matches from last year, a match from Chikara with Kota Ibushi, Jigsaw, and one of the Young Bucks. So I'm excited about this. On a side note, I love the American Wolves new black trunks.

Richards and Player Uno start us out. Big move from the ring to the floor by the Smash Bros. And Player Dos might not have a head anymore as Davey Richards just kicked it off. Player Dos is just a ton of fun to watch wrestle. The Wolves are isolating Player Uno and Richards has a weird looking submission on him.

The not-so-hot tag to Player Dos and he gets a Double Pele kick, which was cool looking. Uno hits a moonsault from the apron to the floor on Edwards. Not bad for a chunky man. Awesome double team moves would have got the 3 count for the Smash Bros. but Richards made the save. In a great series of reversals, Dos tried to hit Edwards with a hurricarana, but Edwards reversed it into a powerbomb attempt, which was reversed by Dos into a rollup, which was reversed by Edwards into an Achiles Lock attempt, which was fought out of by Player Dos. All of that was within 5 seconds.

Superkick/German Suplex gets two for the Wolves as Player Uno breaks it up, but gets thrown to the outside for his efforts. Player Dos just reversed hurricarana'd Edwards on his head. Dos misses a HUGE Frog Splash. Achilles Lock on Player Dos gets the win for the American Wolves. This was a fantastic match. I'm very impressed with the Super Smash Bros. and the Wolves were great as always. A very, very good match.

Lumberjack Match: Delirious vs Austin Aries

I'm not going to list the Lumber Jacks, since they're mostly guys like Bobby Dempsey and the Bravado Brothers. Ah shit! It's Red Poison Delirious! I'm looking forward to this. Delirious is holding Aries up and talking trash to him, which is hilarious since he Delirious can't speak properly. Aries tries to roll to the outside to regain his senses, and the Lumberjacks let him stay out there for a breather. It happens again, but this time it's with Delirious and it was on the other side of the ring.

Aries has control of the match right now. Aries flips Delirious over the ropes and then hits the Heat Seeking Missile, taking out not only Delirious, but the Lumberjacks as well. Oh look, there's Rasche Brown, who was realesed a few weeks ago. A swinging DDT-like move gives Delirious new life. Cobra Suplex plants Aries head first. Delirious hits the Panic Attack and goes up top, setting up Shadows Over Hell, but Aries rolls to the outside. As the Lumberjacks are gathering around Aries to throw him back in, Delirious front flips off the top and takes them all out. That as awesome. The heel Lumberjacks start beating up Delirious, so the face Lumberjacks come over and start fighting them. Wild brawl on the outside has Sinclair distracted. Rhett Titus comes down and hits a flying move to Delirious' throat and allows Aries to get the pinfall. This was a very fun match.

Next week, we have Delirious vs Austin Aries in a 15 foot high steel cage. All right, it should be good.

Tonight's edition of ROH on HDNet was great. A solid opener, a borderline great tag match, and good main event are the ingredients to a great show, and this episode had all the ingredients. Good thing the worst stuff was decent, so the whole recipe wasn't ruined. This whole paragraph has been rather lame, so I apologize. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but you definately need to check this episode out. And with that, this week's ROH on HDNet is in the can. See you next week!

It's back by popular demand, it's The Bearded One's review of ROH On HDNet. Sorry it's a bit later than usual, but I got Halo: Reach the other day and it has taken up a good bit of my time. And I also have a pretty hard test to study for, but to hell with that. Let's get to this weeks show.

The Embassy vs Dark City Fight Club

Tonight it's Erick Stevens and Necro Butcher representing The Embassy. I still don't like Necro Butcher being part of Prince Nana's group. It just doesn't work. DCFC runs to the ring and cleans house. Stevens looks like a buff Ben Stiller with his hair grown out a little bit.

The Embassy is in control now, after Necro Butcher ran in to distract Davis. Ernie Osiris passed some sort of foreign object to the Butcher, but using it only gets a two count. Davis almost gets the hot tag to his partner, but Necro Butcher knocks Chavous off the apron and then clotheslines Davis. The Embassy have been in control for pretty much the entire match.

Chavous gets the hot tag and he is just dominating The Embassy, but he can only get a two count for his efforts. Big dive over the top by Davis takes Necro Butcher out. They hit a High/Low on Stevens but the Butcher breaks up the pinfall. Erick Stevens hits the Ghanaria on Chavous for the pin. This disappoints me, as I really think DCFC are much better than the current incarnation of The Embassy.

We get a recap of last week's Lumberjack match between Delirious and Austin Aries. In case you forgot, tonight it's a Steel Cage match between the two.

Backstage, Austin Aries talks about tonight's match against Delirious.

Colt Cabana vs Jay Freddie

I can confidently say this is going to be a squash. Cabana takes a seat in the middle of the ring, and as Freddie goes to jump on him, Cabana takes him out with a boot. I'm amazed that Cabana didn't make it in the WWE, he seems like a perfect fit. As I type that sentence, Freddie taps out to the Billy Goat's Curse. Steve Corino tries to attack Cabana, but he fights him off.

Now we get a recap of Glory By Honor IX. Kevin Kelly is outside talking to the fans who attended Glory By Honor. The new ROH Champion is Roderick Strong, and Homicide is going after him.

Taeler Hendrix vs Sara Del Rey

It's pronounced like Taylor, and she's pretty cute. But sadly this isn't a beauty contest, so expect Sara Del Rey to make short work of her. Del Rey has some new ring gear to incorporate the Kings of Wrestling logo, and it's pretty sweet looking. I love how much Mike Hogwood freaks out over the smallest things. And now it's time for the mandatory mini-comeback out of the squashee. But she just gets, to quote Dave Prazak, "Devestated" by a monster boot by Del Rey as she attempted a top rope move. Cross Armbreaker ends it for Del Rey.

Next week it's Roderick Strong and the House of Truth vs The Briscoes and Christopher Daniels.

Delirious vs Austin Aries

Remember, this is in a Steel Cage, which can only be won by pinfall or submission. That's the way I like Steel Cage matches. And we get Red Poison Delirious once again, so I'm happy. Aries looks downright goofy with a faux-hawk.

Aries goes after Daizee Haze, but Delirious swings the door open and it slams into Aries, knocking him down. After fighting around the outside for a minute, Delirious throws Aries into the ring and locks the door behind him. In the cage, Delirious continues to dominate the match. Aries is on the apron and Delirious just speared him into the cage. He follows that up by hitting the Panic Attack multiple times against the cage.

Delrious tried to climb to the top of the cage to hit Shadows Over Hell, but Aries stopped him. Aries then throws Delirious throat first onto the ropes, which is just perfect considering the way this feud started. Delirious is cut open, which doesn't make much sense to me, considering he's bleeding from where the mask should be protecting him.

A Double gets launched into the cage after he tried charging Delrious, who was tied up in the ropes. Delirious starts his comebacks and hits roughly 517 headbutts. Delirious is just throwing Aries into each side of the cage. Shin Breaker/Suplex combonation brings us back to even as both men are out.

Last Chancery is locked in for Austin Aries, but Delirious gets out by biting the only 2x champion in company history. Delirious reverses a Brainbuster attempt into a Cobra Suplex. He hits a massive Panic Attack in the corner and locks in the Cobra Stretch.

The All Night Express run down and climb the cage, which distracts Delirious long enough for Aries to take control. Delirious has Aries in the Cobra Clutch on top of the cage! And Aries taps! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. Pretty good match.

After the match, the All Night Express enter the cage and begin to beat down Delirious. They hit two Spike Piledivers on the masked man. The show ends with paramedics working on a motionless Delrious.

This was a very skippable show. It had one pretty good match, the Cage match, and a decent tag team match to open the show. This edition was nothing special, so unless you desperately need an ROH fix, you could skip this show without feeling bad about it. On a side note, I need to find something else to do so I can have an excuse as to why I'm not studying.

So I had a very disappointing weekend. The girl I really like stood me up Friday, the UFC fights sucked on Saturday and my beloved Jags were destroyed yesterday. I thought since it's Monday and a new week, things would get better. But nope, I woke up feeling like I might be coming down with the flu. So let's get to ROH on HDNet so I can get my mind off of life for an hour.

The show opens up with a recap of last week's Cage Match between Delirious and Austin Aries and the aftermatch beatdown by the All Night Express.

The Super Smash Bros. vs Kings of Wrestling

This should be a great match. Hopefully the Smash Bros. become a regular team in ROH. Player Dos and Chris Hero start us out. Player Uno gets a blind tag that allows his team to hit a double suplex on Hero for an early pin attempt. And he is now without a head since Castagnoli just kicked it off. And in a freakish show of strength, he lifts the dead weight of Player Uno off the mat for a gutwrench suplex. Now, he military pressed Uno over his head. Player is no small guy, Castagnoli is just a freak.

Player Dos gets the hot tag and hits a big springboard DDT on Castagnoli. He is flying all over the place. Dos is so much fun to watch. Chris Hero just hit a moonsault! I don't ever remember him ever hitting one. That is just straight amazing out of a guy of Hero's size. The oonsault gets the 3 count for the Kings of Wrestling.

Charlie Haas talks about the match at Glory By Honor IX and how they want to come back. Shelton Benjamin says they had fun, and thats something they've been missing for a long time. So I guess we're going to see more of the WGGT. That makes this man very, very happy.

Rachel Summerlyn vs Daizee Haze

I think this is Summerlyn's debut in ROH. I don't think I've ever seen her before. I think we all know who Daizee Haze is by now. I'm not sure if Summerlyn is that big, or if Haze is really that tiny, but she is towering over Haze. Summerlyn hits the Gory Bomb for a two count, and she has looked pretty decent so far. Daizee Haze gets the win after a Heart Punch and a German Suplex. Summerlyn looked good, so I think ROH has finally found a woman who can challenge Sara Del Rey.

Christopher Daniels says he isn't going to stand for Roderick Strong being the champion. The Briscoes come in and talk over each other for a minute. Daniels says tonight will be the end of Strong's truth.

Kevin Steen is holding Generico's mask, which he ripped off following the Double Chain match at Glory By Honor. He says he finally exposed to the world how ugly and disgusting Generico is.

For the next two weeks, it's Pick Your Poison featuring Steen and Generico. Next week it's Generico against Davey Richards. YES! Steen's opponent hasn't been announced yet.

Steve Corino vs

Kevin Steen is on commentary at ringside. He did his own commentary during one of his own matches a few weeks ago and it was incredible. Hopefully, he is just as good tonight. And he is. Steen is cracking me up. Corino has his opponent in an Abdominal Stretch and he is sticking his thumb up the guys butt. "He did that to your mother last Wednesday and she loved it". Steen is pure gold. I'm in tears laughing at Steen's commentary. I can't keep up with all the great things Steen is saying, but they should let him do this every week. I don't know who Corino's opponent was, because Steen just called him Purple, the color his trunks. After the match, Cabana and Generico run down and Steen and Corino flee.

In the back, Roderick Strong finally has what he has always wanted.

The House of Truth and Roderick Strong vs The Briscoes and Christopher Daniels

This should be really good, especially if they keep the House of Truth to a minimum. Josh Raymond and Christopher Daniels start us off. I've always thought Daniels looks like a gremlin.

Jay Briscoe and Christian Able are tagged in now and are reversing everything the other is doing, until Jay hits a nice headscissor takeover. Roderick Strong gets in the match, but is met with some Redneck Kung Fu from Mark Briscoe. These tags a coming fast. Now Daniels is chopping the hell out of Strong, until Able runs in and distracts Daniels long enough for Strong to gain control of the match. The House of Truth have been tolerable so far this match.

The face team is just destroying Josh Raymond. Daniels hits the Arabian Press, and I continue to wonder who named some of these moves. Strong gets the tag and begins to beat down Mark Briscoe. He fights off Able and Strong takes out his partners so Crazy Mark couldn't get the tag.

Mark finally gets the tag to Christopher Daniels and he begins taking the entire team out. Daniels is just dominating. Here comes the Briscoes and Paul Turner needs to regain control, according to the announcers at least. Able just darts one of the Briscoes into the top turnbuckle. Big moonsault by Mark Briscoe from the top rope and onto the floor. Daniels goes for the Angel's Wings, but Martini tries to hit him with the Book of Truth, but he misses. Strong hits him with the gutbuster for the 1-2-3. I enjoyed this match, I thought it was fun.

This was a pretty good show, I have no complaints. It didn't have any great matches, but it had two pretty good matches, so I'll take that for free TV. Next week is Devery Richards against El Generico, so that should be great. So until then, it's back to my sad life.

1. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) defeated the Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno and Player Dos) in a non-title match in 6:55.

Joe's Judgment:I really like The SSB and I think they are really underutilized, Dos in particular. Solid seven minute match and the Kings were great as usual.

2. Daizee Haze defeated Rachel Summerlyn in 3:42

Joe's Judgment: That was pretty damn good for a women's match and better than I expected it to be. Summerlyn looked pretty good in her ROH debut and I would love to see some matches between Her and Sara Del Rey.

3. Steve Corino defeated an unnamed wrestler in 2:09(with Steen on commentary)

Joe's Judgment: Steen should do commentary on every match. Like last week, more time for the post-match would have been nice, but it was effective for the short allotted time.

4. Roderick Strong and the House of Truth (Christian Able and Josh Raymond) defeated Christopher Daniels and the Briscoes in 14:44.

Joe's Judgment: I thought this was a pretty good Main Event and I really enjoyed this match

Overall Rating: B+ I thought this show was pretty good, we had two pretty good matches and a solid Women's match, and nothing was bad about this show at all.

I am truly sorry I haven't been keeping up with this. I've been super busy with class and I haven't had the time to do this like I did before classes started. Well, I've had the time, but I've used it for other things. Things I'm not proud of doing, but they are done, so I must live with them forever. But let's put that behind us and turn a new page and start a new chapter, as this week's edition of ROH on HDNet closes a chapter of ROH, as it is Tyler Black's last television match. So let's do the damn thing.

We start the show off with a recap of Tyler Black's title reign, which I thought was great. It eventually shows the conclusion of the Glory By Honor match in which Roderick Strong won the title.

In the ring, Jim Cornette welcomes us to the show. He tells us of an altercation involving Davey Richards and Tyler Black, which they show us. Richards was giving an interview and Black interrupted him. Simple enough. Richards wants to speak to Tyler Black in the ring, and Cornette obliged. And here they come. On a side note, does anyone know what Tyler Black's entrance song is?

Richards tells Black to do the right thing and give him one more match. He says it's not about money, it's about honor. Black gets a "You sold out" chant. Black tells Richards that while Richards might be called the best wrestler in the world, he'll be called the richest wrestler in the world. Richards tells Black he will pay Black whatever he wants for him to stop being a little bitch, which causes Black to freakout and say he will wrestle Richards tonight for free. Cornette says the two have the ring for the rest of the show. Shit, this is going to rule.

The announcers are trying to figure out the rest of the show. They are going to show the video package they showed to build up their Death Before Dishonor match. It is a very good video, check it out if you haven't already seen it.

The Briscoes are coming up next. And here they are with Kyle Durden. Durden says the next match they have with the Kings of Wrestling is their last chance to get the belts. The Briscoes talk over each other for a few minutes. Next week, the Briscoes will take on the Kings of Wrestling. I approve.

Davey Richards vs Tyler Black

There is no way this match is going to be anything short of great. I'm happy to see Black in an ROH ring one last time, even though this was taped before Glory By Honor. Here we go. The match starts with both men just duking it out in the middle of the ring. A huge dive over the top gives Black the early advantage. He has dominated the opening minutes of this match.

Black stormed Richards, who was on the apron, and Richards pulled the rope down and Black flew to the outside. Richards ran across the apron and booted Black in the chest. That can't feel good. Richards is kicking the shit out of Black. Not literal shit, but he is kicking Black quite a bit. I love the modified Clover Leaf Richards uses.

Tyler Black gets the advantage of a Boo-Yay segment with a Peroxism, but before he can get the pin Richards rolls to the floor. They continue duking it out and Black lays Richards out with a Superkick, but only gets a two count. And now it appears as if Black is busting out an Indian Death Lock to injure Richards legs, who eventually reaches the ropes.

Damn! Black went to the floor, but had his back against the apron and Richards ran full speed and kicked him right in the back. Then Richards hit the ropes again and hit his Suicide Dive, buthe also eats a mouthful of barrier for his troubles. That was a crazy five seconds. Richards rolls Black into the ring and hits him with a Missile Dropkick from the top.

And again they're exchanging shots. But Richards gets the advantage this time with the Handspring Enzeguri. The crowd thinks this is awesome, and I agree. Richards has Black in the middle of the ring with a Cloverleaf applied, but Black makes it to the ropes.

Black lifts Richards up and justs dumps him to the outside and then throws him into a barricade. Black uses a barricade to hit a Moonsault on Richards and then rolls him back into the ring. F-5 gets a two count for the man who is now known as Seth Rollins. Black climbs the top rope, but Richards stops him and tried to hit a German Suplex from the top, but Black landed on his feet, but he got his with an Alarm Clock kick, and then gets Richards with a Pele. Black follows that up with a Reverse-rana and plants Richards on his head. But he pops right back up and clothesline the hell out of Black. Holy hell, that was awesome. That was all within a span of 15 seconds.

Both men are down after that crazy sequence. Richards is the first back to his feet and he gets the apron. Black rolls out there as well. They exchange kicks and forearms, but mostly kicks from Richards. And he just planted Black on the apron with a DDT on the ring frame when Black's legs were supsended from the top rope. Damn, this match has been awesome.

Richards gets a two count following a nice German Suplex, but misses a Shooting Star Press, which results in a Buckle Bomb and Super Kick for Black. 1-2 and kick out! Black put Richards' own Cloverleaf on him, but he rolls him up for a two count. Richards kicked out of God's Last Gift! Black climbs to the top again and again Richards stops him, but Black chops him down into a Tree of Woe and hits him with a stomp from the top! Then he goes across the ring and hits a Coast to Coast. 1-2 and Richards kicks out.

Black goes for the Phoenix Splash, but Richards got his knees up to block it. DR Driver and a two count. Richards with the Buckle Bomb and Super Kick and then hits Black with God's Last Gift, but only gets a two count. Richards gets the Cloverleaf on Black in the middle of the ring and Black taps! Holy shit what a great match. TV MOTY candidate for sure.

Richards says if you want real wrestling you come to Ring of Honor.

There may have only been one match on the show, but it was a great match. It might be the best match you'll see on television all year. Black definately went out in style. He couldn't have went out on a better match. This is a match you should definately watch when it gets uploaded on Youtube. Just a fantastic match.

There you go, another week is in the bags.

ROH TV HITS

Opening segment featuring Jim Cornette, Davey Richards, and Tyler Black: This was a great set up to the main event match. I really liked how Cornette put over the importance of the match by "scrapping" the rest of what was planned for the show and going strictly with Black vs. Richards. I also liked the mic work of both Black and Richards, with Black playing the money hungry heel that is bolting the company for greener pastures.

Tyler Black vs. Davey Richards: This one of The Best TV Matches all Year and like Bearded said this match is definitely worth catching when it gets uploaded to Youtube. Great work from both guys and Tyler Black went out with a Great Match

ROH TV Misses: None

Overall Rating: A+

I've been watching ROH for a while now on HDNet and I am becoming a huge fan of the product.

Last night the Kings of Wrestling vs. Dark City Fight Club was an amazing match. I could easily see The Kings of Wrestling helping to resurrect the WWE tag team division some day soon. They complement each other in the ring and are a throw-back to old school tag team wrestling and great double team moves.

ROH is coming to my city on Friday night and I think I am going to attend. Can anyone that has been to one of their shows comment on what I can expect?

KOW is really built for the WWE, I know Hero had a developmental deal for a while but either quit or was released.

There look, mic skills and move set is perfect for the WWE's tag division. I have always said Hero would be great in the WWE(Even though he needs to cut his hair, Long hair is out) He is big and has a rediculous move set and could tone it down and still be good.

I saw Hero wrestle B-Boy at an IWA:MS show back in 2005 and they put on about 55 min. I easily think he could put on some classics with not only Punk and Bryan(who he has before) but with guys like The Miz, John Morrison and even a taller guy like Sheamus.

Claudio has a unique look which could get him over. Much like Hero he has a unigue set of moves and could easily put on a "WWE Style" match.

I believe they are the answer to the WWE tag division, but they love it in ROH and I would much rather see more KOW vs WGTT anyday

Since I'm very fortunate that I so get HD Net I'm going to do my best to review every episode after Raws ends. So Lets Get to the Show.

Opening Segment- Jim Cornette comes out and announces that there will be a Holiday Gauntlet for $10,000 he also explains the rules of the Gauntlet 8 men were drawn out of a hat of 16 to compete tonight the first two people drawn were Jay Briscoe and Steve Corino Good opening Segment.

Jay Briscoe Defeats Steve Corino at 5:47 Solid 6 minute match Briscoe picks up the win after Corino misses the Emerald Dream and rolls him up for the three count. After the match. Christopher Daniels comes to the ring and the next match starts.

Christopher Daniels Defeats Jay Briscoe at 5:31 Daniels has control very early in the match and works on the injured mid-section of Briscoe, Jay tired to get two school boys but Daniels was able to regain control of the match with a Front Suplex. Jay has escaped a rest and Hits him with a Nice looking Superkick. Jay tried to hit is finisher the Jay Driver but Daniels was able to reverse Jay's Finisher and was able to hit his Finisher the Angle's Wings. Rhett Titus hits the ring and we start right away with the next match. I though that this was another Solid Match.

Christopher Daniels Defeats Rhett Titus at 5:40 This was a Decent Match with Daniels picking up the win here after a Rock Bottom and the BME. After the Match Davey Richards runs out and he is the Fifth man in the Gauntlet Match.

Davey Richards Defeats Christopher Daniels at 5:44 Richards goes right to work on a gassed Daniels who just wrestled two matches. Pace picks up with both Daniels and Richards hitting moves. Daniels eventually got him in a Submission lock. Richards gets to the ropes to break the Submission hold of Daniels. Richards the goes on to apply a Submission hold to on Daniels the Ankle Lock, Daniels breaks the hold, hit a move then went for the Best Moonsault Ever. Richards evades the move hits him with the Alarm Clock and a Superkick to the head for the three count. Claudio Castagnoli comes out next and its Claudio vs Davey next. This was another solid 6 minute match.

Davey Richards Defeats Claudio Castagnoli Richards attacked Claudio on the outside of the ring to gets this match started, Richards rolls him into the ring then Richards tried to roll in the ring but Caludio kicks him as he is getting up. Claudio goes onto hit alot of Power moves. Claudio goes to the top rope where he Dave battled, he knocked Davey down a couple times and hits him eventually with the superplex. Claudio kicks at two but Davey immediately goes for the Ankle Lock after the Two. Claudio gets out reverses a Handspring Kick into the UFO. He goes for the Ricola Bomb but Richards counters with a school biy roll up for the win. This was Another solid match at 5:30. Chris Hero is next in the Gantlet match.

Davey Richards Defeats Chris Hero at 6:22 Lots of action here. Davey Richards Picks up the win here after a Missed Elbow and a roll up. This was Another Solid Match. Roderick Strong is up next.

Roderick Strong Defeats Davey Richards at 2:57 Strong goes for the pin immediately put he kicked out. They traded blows with each other. Strong got whipped into the corner and he charged He moved out the way and hit his gutbuster for TWO. Strong escapes a Ankle Lock, then hits him with Two Superkicks for the three count. This match was short at Just under 3 minutes but it was a Solid 3 minutes of Action.

Overall Thoughts I thought that this was Very Good Episode of ROH on HD net. I liked the idea of a Gauntlet Match for this Show because it allows for alot of wrestling and most of the Matches were Very Solid, with the Worst of them being the Daniles Vs Rhett Titus which was an OK match. Very Good Epsiode and I cant't wait for Next Week's ROH show on HD Net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back