• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Ring of Honor Thread

Just checked out the show and man, Davey Richards put up a hell of an effort on the show. He was put over as the most resilient out of all the wrestlers and it shows that he's THE top babyface of the company, which is good. The whole gauntlet was great, realistic, and uninsulting with no comedy garbage like TNA or WWE would give you. It was just straight up athleticism, effort, and wrestling from the best today. You'll only get that kind of action on ROH, whether it's on iPPV or at times, HDNet.

ROH is the future! :thumbsup:

I'm back tonight with coverage of tonight's ROH on Hd Net I did not cover last weeks show because it was a Best of ROH on HD net 2010 epsiode and I had already seen all of those matches already, So with that out of the way lets get to the first episode of ROH in 2011.

The opening match for tonight's show is Eddie Edwards Vs Mark Briscoe for the ROH TV title. This should be solid. The match starts off with some chain wrestling both face square off at each other and we get some more mat wrestling, Briscoe takes a knee to the back and he rolls out of the ring, Eddie rolls him back in the ring but Mark hits a Plancha to get the crowd excited. Mark rolls Edwards back in the ring the immediately hits him with a Missile Dropkick goes for the pin and gets Two. Both Men are up and they are going back and forth with chops, Mark hits Running Lariat goes for the Pin and gets Two again. Mark picks up Edwards and Places him on the Top Rope, Edwards gains control with a Hurricanranna. Edwards goes for a Chinbuster but Mark escapes and then flips out of a Back Body Drop then hits a SICK superkick for a VERY Long TWO count. Mark attempted to threw him over the ropes but its reversed and Edwards hit an Awesome insaguri type move Edwards goes for the Pin but Mark Kicks out at Two. Edwards puts on the Achilles lock but Mark gets to the rope to break the hold, Mark tried to make a come back but Edwards gets the Achilles lock back on Mark has to tap to end this Match at about 11 minutes. Very Good Match to open the show

Next Up his Mike Mondo vs Grizzly Redword. Mondo dominates Grizzly for most of the Match and the finish comes when Hits a Top Rope Suplex at around the 6 minute, this was a Basic match that was Decent it wasn't good or bad.

WGTT vs The Bravado Brothers This is Shelton and Haas First Match on HD net. The Fans loudly Chant "Welcome Back" Benjamin starts the match with one of the Bravado Benjamin scores a Quick Takedown and tags Charlie Haas in. Bravado Brothers get virtually no offense in this match and Benjamin hit a Double Samoan Drop on both brothers, Haas locks in the Haas of Pain and this match is Over. This match was all about Making WGTT look Strong to hopefully get a Rematch with The KOW which would another Great Tag Team match.

The Nortrious 187 Homicide vs Claudio Castagnoli Match starts and both Men are bouncing around a bit, Claudio Slaps Homicide, then he slapped Claudio back. Claudio hits Homicide with ALOT of European Uppercuts, then a Fallaway Slam, Hero interferes from the outside that allowed Claudio to hit a Slingshot on the bottom rope. Claudio takes the turnbuckle cover off, the ref saw it but he did not put it back. Claudio and Homicide hits Claudio with a Clothesline but Claudio gets right back up and they trade clotheslines and blows in the middle of the ring. Homicide hits two suplexes in a row and then they go to the top rope they battle on the top for a little but Homicide pushes him off and Claudio takes a SCARY looking FALL to the Floor, Homicied follows with a PLANCHA.Homicide hit a splash from the top for two and setup for the Cop Killa. Claudio escaped and he hit the pop-up uppercut for two. Claudio tried for a chokeslam, but Homicide reversed into a swinging neckbreaker. He hit a tornado DDT for two, but Claudio came right back with a clothesline. He grabbed Homicide by the throat and finally hit the chokeslam, but for two. The battled in the corner with the exposed buckle. Claudio hit his face on it and Homicide followed with a Diamond Cutter for the Three Count. I that that this was A pretty good main Event match from Claudio and Homicide.

This was Good Episdoe to start off the New Year for ROH on HD net and I cant wait to see next weeks episode with ROH World Champion Roderick Strong facing Colt Cabana which Should Solid and the Debut of Mike Bennett on HD net. Hopefully Next Week is another solid Show. See You Next Week!!

I am pretty pumped for next weeks show as well. I am trying to get a grasp on what they plan on doing with the World Title. I thought for sure Richards was going to win it because it feels like its his time. While i do enjoy Strong as the champion I almost get this feeling he is just holding it until Richards finally wins it.

I wonder when we will see the rematch because the match at Final Battle was amazing

I just watched the debut of Mike "The Protege'" Bennett. I wasn't really impressed by this first match. He didn't do anything to make me say wow.

The guy has a good build and definitely the look to make it, but this first televised ROH match was a snoozer. He had one move that was interesting; a backbreaker using the second rope in a corner. Besides that, he was pretty stale. Thank God he was in the ring with Nick Dinesmore (whom was more impressive in a losing effort).

Maybe I'm spoiled by the great matches that ROH always gives us and am holding the bar a bit too high for Mike Bennett.

Anyone else see this match? Agree? Disagree?

Yeah Bennett didn't impress me. But Dismore was a fantastic opponet for him. Pound for pound Dinsmore is one of the better selling wrestlers as well as a fantastic guy to get over young talent.

Bennett did seem to have a presence in the ring. Maybe that's what ROH is looking for, an entertainer. A guy who can get over with his skill and charisma.

In my opinion they need to be pushing Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, these guys have impressed me and put on a fantastic match at the opener of "Final Battle" against The All Night Express.

So at the 9th Anniversary Show its going to be The All Night Express vs The Kings of Wrestling.

Are we happy with this? I for one am.

ANX maybe put on the match of the night at Final Battle against Cole and O'Reilly, They both put on pretty good matches against Eddie Edwards for the TV title and its about time they get a high profile match. I see KOW retaining for face The Worlds Greatest Tag Team at the next PPV.

But this match may just steal the show

So at the 9th Anniversary Show its going to be The All Night Express vs The Kings of Wrestling.

Are we happy with this? I for one am.

ANX maybe put on the match of the night at Final Battle against Cole and O'Reilly, They both put on pretty good matches against Eddie Edwards for the TV title and its about time they get a high profile match. I see KOW retaining for face The Worlds Greatest Tag Team at the next PPV.

But this match may just steal the show

Titus has really been entertaining as of late and King is athletic and promising. This should be a wonderful match. I hope the KOW retain. This will add to their claim as the best and longest reigning champs and can definitely add to an eventual feud with Haas & Benjamin.

While I do not think that Titus and King will win the gold, this match gives them the opportunity to remain in the spotlight and get further attention. Heck, we might even see them go full face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back