• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's so great about John Morrison?

Although I'm not his biggest fan, Morrison is really good and exciting in the ring, and for that reason alone, he is going to make it regaurdless of his mic ability or charisma. He will gain mic skills as time goes by, getting more exposure to the audience. He is pretty over, and that will help him with his nerves or whatnot. So seeing him gain a world title, won't be a huge shock to the system and with his recent work, he does deserve to have a bash, and by the end of he year, I fully expect him to have held a world title sometime during the year, and his in ring work alone has him pretty deserving of it.

Ok, I can't take it anymore... I have to know. Why the hell do people praise John Morrison? The guy is without a doubt the biggest spot monkey to ever grace the ring... ok second biggest because Ebassan is always number one, but then again he's cool, so again Morrison's the biggest.

Seriously though, I get that the guy does all of these high risk spots and everything, and he has the best natural physique in the entire WWE, but the guy is NOT WWE or World title material. At best, he's an IC title competitor who gets title shots but never wins. And for people to compare him to Shawn Micheals is a slap in the face to the Showstopper. John Morrison hasn't done anything close to what Shawn Micheals has accomplished... except hold the tag and ic titles...

Unlike Shawn Micheals, John Morrison has absolutely NO mic skills and his ring work has a lot left to be desired. Anyway, maybe the guy's just not my cup of tea, but until I can find one thing that warrants him good enough to be a world champion he'll always be a jobber to the stars.

Agree with pretty much evrything you said. I'm not a John Morrison fan.

All he does are spots, botch his finisher and that's it. And his mic skills are God awful!

I have to wonder when people say he's "Main event ready," or "He deserves the title" what they're seeing.

He's not anywhere close to HBK, either in wrestling or mic skills.

I think Morrison brings a different type of athleticism to the ring. He could be labeled a "Spot Monkey" at times. But, I think he is more than a Shelton Benjamin.

I think he is beginning to put the total package together, in ring that is. He is starting to be able to tell a story when he wrestles. That is a big key to a guy getting over simply off his in ring ability.

I agree with some posters before me. His mic skills are pretty shitty at this point. But to be honest... That is probably the easiest thing to work on. He has the most important part down and even improves as time goes along. The ability to wrestle. He has that.

I would much rather work on a great in ring talent's mic skills, than try to teach a great mic worker to be a good wrestler. Maybe that is just me, but I think Morrison is in the process of being pushed to the stars.

Ok, I can't take it anymore... I have to know. Why the hell do people praise John Morrison? The guy is without a doubt the biggest spot monkey to ever grace the ring... ok second biggest because Ebassan is always number one, but then again he's cool, so again Morrison's the biggest.

Seriously though, I get that the guy does all of these high risk spots and everything, and he has the best natural physique in the entire WWE, but the guy is NOT WWE or World title material. At best, he's an IC title competitor who gets title shots but never wins. And for people to compare him to Shawn Micheals is a slap in the face to the Showstopper. John Morrison hasn't done anything close to what Shawn Micheals has accomplished... except hold the tag and ic titles...

Unlike Shawn Micheals, John Morrison has absolutely NO mic skills and his ring work has a lot left to be desired. Anyway, maybe the guy's just not my cup of tea, but until I can find one thing that warrants him good enough to be a world champion he'll always be a jobber to the stars.

Okay for starters, people say Morrison reminds them of HBK because of his in ring antics.. he has the athleticism of HBK and he just seems natural and at home when he is in the ring, he just fits, like it or not.. and he has the same cocky but not so cocky attitude that Michael's had and your sitting there saying he hasn't accomplished the things HBK did, obviously not.. but that is a stupid remark in itself due to the fact that HBK had decades in the business, Morrison has only been around for five or so years, HBK didn't just automatically start in the business with all these acomplishments.. that is YEARS of work so you fail just in that little quote there and second of all, who CARES if Morrison sucks on the mic because he will get better, he connects with the fans and that is what matters.. given time he will become more natural on the mic.. big deal if he doesnt, his style of talk will warm to people regardless and he will be a main eventer in the future and for many years to come, one last point.. I think he is also referred to as being like HBK due to the fact that he sells EXTREMELY good just like HBK.. and one final last point, HBK has praised Morrison himself and has said he has no problems with the comparison so before you sit there talking shit maybe you should check up on what people say.. if HBK has no problem with it then you can't sit there and say you do!

I got question for all of you. John Morrison has three moves that he has used that are potential finishers. Which one do you guys think should be his signature finisher?

Starship Pain
Running Knee
Texas Cloverleaf

He botches the starship pain alot but he does the cloverleaf and running knee to perfection. I think the starship pain should be a move uses only sometimes on special occasions and his main finishers should be the Running knee and the cloverleaf.

I don't know whats so great about John Morrison other than him doing fancy footwork when there's a solid object involved. But here's the thing. For one, he's over. He comes out, the crowd pops loud. Secondly, he's unique. Name another name in the roster that can do the stuff he does. Yeah, I got nothing either. People on the internet seem to love claiming he's a spot monkey or something. But let's face it. The fans on TV don't give a damn. They just want to see him jump, bounce off stuff and win. If you ask me, that should be what matters. No, he doesn't have the mic skills and no, he lacks storytelling ability. But then again, so did Jeff Hardy. And he ended up being one of WWE's top stars for a few years. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Would you look at that, the ol' spot monkey argument for JoMo. Jeff Hardy - Spot monkey/2-time WWE Champ. It can happen buddy. JoMo, while he needs to work on his mic skills, is great in the ring. He's entertaining, plus he's over with the crowd, and he has an excellent body. He pretty much has it all, when it comes to what wrestlers need to succeed. JoMo will be a World Champ, he'll never be THE GUY when it comes to the WWE, but there's no doubt that he'll get his World Title reign. He has taken the ball and run with it, so to speak, as of late and he's also facing the main eventers in the WWE. This guy is a star.

JoMo is an amazing acrobat but he is a god awful wrestler. You think about the greats. Hogan, Sting, Flair, Jericho, HBK, The Rock these guys could hold a match and could all wrestle BUT MOST OF THE TIME THE WRESTLING WAS SECONDARY, its the weeks of set up on tv, its the months of building up bitter rivalry on the mic, making something the fans care about and want to see! its telling a story......Telling a story

CAUTION: ARGUMENT WINNER...
When you turn on the tv, you do so to watch WRESTLING
its not called jumping and flipping and spinning and $h!t its called WRESTLING

So i have seen some crazy shit as im sure most of you have.
from people being set on fire, mankind flying off the cage, jeff hardy off the titan tron etc.

Since all these 'crazy' superstars have left were left with people dickriding the likes of john morrison.

elimination chamber is a perfect example..he climbs the cage, then just falls on shamous and barely hits him. i mean i could do that and so couldmost of you im sure. he could of at least spun or flipped or something. Yet people say it was an amzing crazy spot. PLEASE.

I mean hes ok and all, but why does the IWC seem to hype him so much? hearing he should be getting title shots at mania and future world champ?

I dont see anything appealing about him, boring entrance, cant cut a promo, but has a couple flashy moves.

My question(s) why so much love for jomo is it cuz hes the best they got?

(this is in the raw section because jomos on raw sorry if it should be somewhere else)

I don't know why you're accusing the WWE of anything. The guy has gotten essentially the same push as R-Truth.

It's the "IWC" that keeps thinking he's the best ever.

I dont see anything appealing about him, boring entrance, cant cut a promo, but has a couple flashy moves.

This shows me where your priorities lie.

Personally, I care more about what a guy can or can't do in the ring rather than promos or ring entrance.

Sounds like they're a lot more important to you.

JoMo does something cool. IWC wishes JoMo does more of this. JoMo looks cool. Fans cream. WWE sees fans cream. WWE throws more JoMo at fans. JoMo gets loud pops. WWE sells JoMo merch. WWE makes money off JoMo merch. IWC want JoMo as champ, Jomo becomes champ. WWE sells more JoMo merch...

If you really think Morrison is going to become champ because of anything the IWC thinks, you're nuts. The WWE couldn't care less what the IWC thinks.

elimination chamber is a perfect example..he climbs the cage, then just falls on shamous and barely hits him. i mean i could do that and so couldmost of you im sure. he could of at least spun or flipped or something. Yet people say it was an amzing crazy spot. PLEASE.

Sir make a video of yourself on youtube scaling a cage of that sort and doing exactly what he did and your gripe will have more merit. Whilist I am not a fan of the train wreck wrestling style I cannot see people criticizing them for saying its something "anybody can do. hell i can do it." That does not ring true to me.

JoMo for that kind of action? I believe so. He got the people behind him!

This shows me where your priorities lie.

Personally, I care more about what a guy can or can't do in the ring rather than promos or ring entrance.

Sounds like they're a lot more important to you.

Promos are important. You have to talk people into seats. Any older wrestler will tell you that. And doing spots doesn't mean you're a good wrestler. That would mean Jack Evans is the greatest ever.

I should start this by saying I was a fan of John Hennigan from day one on Tough Enough 2, when I thought him seemingly not making the cut because he didn't know what a "spinerooni" was was the dumbest reason ever to cut someone that was athletically gifted.

I was thrilled to see him try and succeed at TE3, I've sat through him being saddled in tag teams, stupid names (Morrison actually being one of them), stupid feuds "you're a bully!" etc. So does he deserve to be champion? In my estimation, yes.

However, it has nothing to do with highspots. It has to do with deserving it. He works harder than many that have made it farther than him.

I will say this though in defense of the original poster, that particular spot where he climbed and fell on Seamus was crap, and I'm not being a smartass. I seriously could do that. I'll admit that it took some balls to fall from that height, but where as I don't nessecarilly have the agility or flexibility to do something like starship pain, I feel quite confident I could climb a chain net and then haphazardly fall on someone underneath me with no style. Kind of the same way I felt about when he simply did a cross body off the top of the WWE logo during his match with Miz. They must've replayed that spot 10 times, and all I could think was that anyone not afraid of injury easily could've done that. I'm not gonna knock Morrison though, he is a former gymnast and is capable of a lot more than what has been shown on WWE TV. When he is given his chance to shine (hopefully at a Mania main event against someone like Rey/RVD/Jeff Hardy/etc who can match up with him) I think he will show us why he deserves his moment at the top.

Promos are important. You have to talk people into seats. Any older wrestler will tell you that. And doing spots doesn't mean you're a good wrestler. That would mean Jack Evans is the greatest ever.

It is an element of the complete package, but I ask you, if you had to choose one over the other, which is more important to you:

The ability to entertain on the microphone?

Or the ability to entertain as a wrestler?

So what a dude has to do a million flips and twists to be exciting? Thats bullshit. Morrison does plenty of shit that NO ONE else in the company can pull off. You also have to think, that spot was about a half hour into a pretty intense match and it took balls to pull off. Fuck you if think you can do it because its utter horseshit. Jomo is one of the better wrestlers in either big promotion today and he's getting better all the time. He will win a title prolly sooner rather than later and he's going to be a good champion. Haters gon' hate.

I want to see Morrison champion because I have followed his career since Tough Enough. The guy has done everything there is to do except win a WWE title. Honestly, if you believe Morrison cant cut a promo, than that is a joke. He was great on the Dirt Sheet. If the WWE let him be himself, then he could probably cut a good promo. I can understand why you think he cant cut a promo because he's making jokes about human goats to Sheamus but that is the WWE's doing. They script the shit he says. The guy puts his heart out there when he wrestles. Sure, he has some cool spots, but he also takes alot of bumps.

GUys.. Lets give credit where credit is due.. the guy isnt just a "spot monkey" like some people like to call him.. I know hes got the look, and the moves... He also, I believe is capable of looking the part in any feud that he gets in.. and by god Ill say it again.. if the miz is champ, this guy is golden,... Miz is more of a Janetti then Janetti is a Jenetti, but i digress.. Jomo can brawl, mat wrestle, and come off the top.. he can do n e move in the book... He also, is very original... and creative.. People loose track of the fact of how creative the guy is.. He writes poetry, makes indi movies, and his parquer training is completely cool and original... If he can learn to put all his talents together.. and work his timing ala the rock, not cena lol.... Hell be a main eventer for good...

I like Morrison. I thought he was a million times better as a heel (Especially when he was ECW champ) I hate how every match wwe feels that they need to have him doing 10 spots to make people wanna see him.

The thing i hate the most is the nickname they gave him "Prince of Parkour"

For those people that are saying that JoMo climbing the cage yesterday was easy, and jumping down on sheamus was easy, and that you yourself can do it, i would love to see your smart ass go up to the cage and do it. 100% of you assholes that said that would bitch out out or you just cant do it. JoMo is more then a "spot monkey". Hes fucking golden in the ring. Hes the guy i watch raw for, because all his matches are fucking rediculosly amazing.

Im sick of all this repetitive predictable shit. Give the title to a person that deserves it. Someone like Morrison, or Punk. But no, they get the same people in the spotlight at Mania every year. And know im not threating to not watch WWE anymore cux thats just stupid but seriously they gotta change it up a bit. What ever world title is on raw by next years mania, we will know whos fighting for it, or who has it the day after this years mania.

JoMo is the best High-Flyer in the WWE, currently, he has one of my favorite move-sets in the business right now and I for one enjoy his matches. His performance at the Chamber was second to none, Drew's being a close second.

I want to know how old most of the people making these harsh evaluations of John Morrison are. See, I was just a little kid when the WWE went from being all about the big men like Warrior and Hogan, to being about smaller more athletic superstars like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. It was a nice change of pace, it was nice to see the WWF show that you don't have to be 7 ft infinity and 300 tons of juiced out muscle to be spectacular or to be a champion.

With this turn of the tide we got to see a lot more matches where guys like Shawn Michaels were hitting big spots(at least they were big then) and the game inside the ring was becoming much more aerial and fast paced.

I just have to wonder about the age thing, because it seems that a lot of these folks have forgotten about those days, or simply didn't live through them to know that being a high flyer doesn't make you a spot monkey. Were those guys years ago spot monkeys when they were innovating wrestling? I wouldn't say so.

This isn't the first time someone has consistently performed high risk maneuvers. So what makes Morrison a spot monkey when he is doing the same thing HBK did years ago? Just like Shawn, he has a solid wrestling game, and he can fly with the best of them. Morrison in fact IS the best of them.

John Morrison brings that very same message back to the game that the WWF sent out years ago. He has the ability to do things that I have never seen anyone else do in my entire life as a wrestling fan, which is my entire life. It's spectacular, it's entertaining, and most of all it's unique. It sets him apart from everyone else. No one else does what he does and that itself makes him a very special competitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back