• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is John Morrison main event material?

I argree who ever thinks JOMO wont make it as a wwe champ has no idea the bloke will win the title this year i think some way or another but not at exreme rules MIZ will retain the title

Ok this has been eating at me for a while now those who say John Morrison will never make it are ******ed

1. He is not a spot monkey: you know what he is a HIGH FLYER a person who is meant to be athletic and skilled in risky areas his stunts at RR and EC weren't just spots they were portraying his parkour gimmick a style of physical format training that Morrison does before match ups.
2. He can be taken seriously: how can you say he can't besides his high flying he has proven he can go toe to toe
In 5 star matches like 3 in 2009 against Jeff hardy for the title(when then Morrison main event was born he looked like a Fucken champion in tht match) rey mysterio and cm punk those were more then spots they were classic underated performances.
3. Hes not botch proned: he might botch a few moves but he's not botching a suplex hes botching a corkscrew split legged moonsault like wtf there's only so many times u can hit pertect with such limited ring time and concentration and when he hits it right it makes it feel so much better even Shawn michaels botch the super kick alot what about the superkick that ended flair at wm24 barely touched the guy and u blast jomo for hitting something no one else can on the roster ?
4. He's got the look : hes natural ripped he looks like an athelete and performs like one
5. He's mic skills aren't that bad: granted they aren't the best but that shouldn't hold him back he has time to improve the difference between his heel mic skills and fake mkc skills is that he looked srs as a heel but as face he just smiles that's what holds him back he's to happy
6. He will be champion: this isn't tna he isn't matt Morgan they don't build him up to the main even then just drop him to nothing Morrisons been floating around the top and will be there soon he will be champion if miz can go from being on the edge of releasment and getting kicked out of the locker rooms by jbl to champ and getting praises from bradshaw then morrisson will do big things and he doesnt do half the work miz did and does.
7. He will make it: no one thought rocky would make it on his debut no one thought cena or orton would no one thought miz would but they did and Morrison will be the next hardy they will build him up for his finally moment when he wins the strap.
He will be big his only downfall is melina she's holding him down and he's still climbing that's says alot.
Well discuss if you agree disagree got anything to add or argue about go for it
His mic skills arent that good but thats not his problem now he has 2 problems which is R-truth improvement on the mic which could hurt jomo in this fued and go take a good look at the new raw roster because they are stacked with talent now so maybe it is hit or miss then try the next guy because raw is packed and maybe jomo won't get as much time.

I think Morrison will be WWE Champion by Wrestlemania.
I see Miz winning at Extreme Rules, Cena dropping out of the feud to focus on the Rock (because I see Rock costing Cena the title a couple times) the Miz feuding with Morrison (and possibly a heel R-Truth).

I really want Morrison to take the title from miz, i am seriously tired of hearing about Cena and the miz. I'm a huge Cena fan but it has gotten STALE and if morrison gets the title then that opens up a fresh can of feud with the newly stacked Raw roster. Hes good enough on the mic and great in the ring, but because of all the backstage drama with melina he may not make it. Although i hope he does

John Morrison doesn't have the vibe of a champion. Sure, he can give you highlights of the night and stuff, but I just cannot see him tell a story like the other champions can. Just look at Jack Swagger, hes so good in the ring, but he just cannot tell a story.

1. Yes, he's a spot monkey. Sorry. He goes from spot to spot in a ring, with nary any attempt to tell a story. He hits his high spots and that's about it. He needs a serious lesson in ring psychology. He has the potential to come out of this, but he is too comfortable having the crowd react to individual spots as opposed to his matches as a whole.

2. Of course he *can* be taken seriously. He just needs to adapt his style to do so. And he's never had a five star match. Sorry. He's had some good matches, but nothing remotely near a 5 star match.

3. He botches Starship Pain the overwhelming majority of the time. I can't even remember the last time he actually made a solid connection with it. Yes, it's too hard a move for the rest of the roster to do. The problem is that it's apparently too hard for John Morrison to do as well.

4. I agree. He has the look. He is an awesome physical specimen and incredibly athletic.

5. His mic skills are atrocious. The only people strictly worse than him promo wise in the company are the ones that don't speak English. He has flashes of ability, but they are horribly inconsistent and way too fleeting.

6. Yes, he probably will be champion. That doesn't mean he *should* be.

7. Define "make it". He already has made it to a degree. He's in WWE, he's in no apparent threat of being released, and is main eventing a PPV. If you mean make it as a champion, we have no way of knowing until it happens. I personally doubt it, but he could step up his game considerably and prove me wrong.

Like i said i agree that he will win the wwe title but not at extreme rules he will win it towards the end of the year just b4 the rumble so the ppv in december on whenever it is defend at the rumble and keep it then go to wrestlemania and lose it to either the rumble winner depending who it is or have the rumble winner go after the world title and have MORRISON defend it against THE MIZ and ALBERTO DEL RIO IN a triple threat match which THE MIZ wins

The problem right now with Morrison is that he is being forced to be a face. Because he is a face he is having too much mic time. Morrison originally got over in ECW as a heel. He needs to be a heel. The main arguement for him being a heel is that his moveset is that of a face. I agree. Something needs to be done though. This guy has the tools. He just needs to be pushed in the right direction. I believe a heel turn (whenever RAW establishes a few more faces) is in the cards. Maybe a double turn eventually with the Miz.

Reasons why John Morrison could become champions

1. John Morrison is over with the crowd, people love him.

2. There arent many babyfaces on Raw as compared to heels

3. The WWE is in transition to grow and promote new stars

4. With Tough Enough now becoming a popular trend and John Morrison coming from the show, it's another great promotional tool to use John Morrison in the main event more often.

5. JOMO doesnt botch starship. He executes the move perfectly, its where the oppponent places himself that seems to be the problem. The opponent is usually to close to the turnbuckles rather than further out, but this isnt just a problem with John Morrison. Watch Sin Cara and John Cena from two weeks ago and Cena placed one of their opponents (can't remember who, maybe Riley) too close to the ropes and Cara missed the moonsault.

6. Mic skills - Chris Benoit anyone? He was one of the worst on the mic but was a very well accepted-by-the-crowd champion.

JoMo needs to improve 2 things to be a successful Main Eventer:

1. Mic Work - sorry but we all know that, the better you are on the mic at telling a story / generating heat / getting over...the longer you will be a Main Eventer. JoMo SUCKS as this, frankly.

2. NEW FINISHING MOVE. StarShip Pain SUCKS. It should be kicked out of every single time for being lame, lame, lame. JoMo's got the skillset and is a great in-ring worker (IMO) so coming up with something a tad more "powerful" shouldn't be tough. Right now though, SP is the lamest finisher of anyone on the roster and has no place in a Main Event. Compare it to other ME'ers finishers - it's lamer than all the rest.

I don't really disagree with much more of the original post. I think JoMo DOES have potential to be a ME'er. I think JoMo WILL be given a shot to be just that.

But if he doesn't address these 2 points, it'll be a one-time shot.

1. Yes, he's a spot monkey. Sorry. He goes from spot to spot in a ring, with nary any attempt to tell a story.

Would you like him to read out a script? He already has what looks like the five moves of doom that all main eventers have. He doesn't over sell nor does he no sell. He's not afraid to do great spots either. Look up TLC match against Sheamus. He sold his knee like it was broken.

He hits his high spots and that's about it. He needs a serious lesson in ring psychology.

What exactly does he need to improve upon? He has a unique arsenal of moves. Its not always punch, kick and struggle in the corner. Diversity creates excitment. Its what Cena's hated for.

He has the potential to come out of this, but he is too comfortable having the crowd react to individual spots as opposed to his matches as a whole.

So you have an interview with him do you? Now, if he had the Shelton Benjamin syndrome and was too lazy to improve that'd be an issue. But he changed his look and his coat, I'd say he wants to improve.

2. Of course he *can* be taken seriously. He just needs to adapt his style to do so. And he's never had a five star match. Sorry. He's had some good matches, but nothing remotely near a 5 star match.

Rey Mysterio vs John Morrison IC title. Look it up.
Morrison vs Hardy IC title, look it up
Morrison vs Sheamus TLC
Morrison vs Miz at Raw
Morrison at EC 2011

They aren't classics by any means but they were fantastic matches for sure.

3. He botches Starship Pain the overwhelming majority of the time. I can't even remember the last time he actually made a solid connection with it. Yes, it's too hard a move for the rest of the roster to do. The problem is that it's apparently too hard for John Morrison to do as well.

That I agree with, he needs a new finisher, a form of kick will suffice.

4. I agree. He has the look. He is an awesome physical specimen and incredibly athletic.

Agree with you there as well...man he hit the lottery for his genes.

5. His mic skills are atrocious. The only people strictly worse than him promo wise in the company are the ones that don't speak English. He has flashes of ability, but they are horribly inconsistent and way too fleeting.

Look up the Miz and Morrison show they used to do when they were Tag Team. Morrison's mic skills are a result of ******ed dialouges and bad jokes the creative team makes up.

6. Yes, he probably will be champion. That doesn't mean he *should* be.

Why shouldn't he be? I mean okay I understand if you don't like the guy but really, why not? If the WWE doesn't have confidence in him to be a WWE champ then give him the WHC title. He can run with a world championship for sure.

7. Define "make it". He already has made it to a degree. He's in WWE, he's in no apparent threat of being released, and is main eventing a PPV. If you mean make it as a champion, we have no way of knowing until it happens. I personally doubt it, but he could step up his game considerably and prove me wrong.

Make it as a champion is what I think OP is talking about :)

1. Exactly. People crave high-flyers, but when they get a pretty decent one, he's a spot monkey. I don't get it.
2. Keyword: CAN. The beard has helped, but something is holding him back in the seriousness factor.
3. He doesn't botch Starship Pain; it's where he places them is the problem. They're too close to the turnbuckle.
4. Yeah. Damn near every guy backstage like Curt Hawkins has the look to be taken seriously as a midcarder at least. In regards to Morrison, looks can only get one so far.
5. "Maryse said that the people of ___(I forgot where they were. England?) have hippopotamus breath":disappointed: If Morrison is even gonna get through R-Truth, he needs to improve on that mic.
6 & 7. Morrison will be champion if he improves on the little things. He has the look and skill. Also, Noone thought Rocky would make it because he used to be green as goose shit(Wasn't that it??). Afterward, his mic skills improved tenfold. Morrison's have been the same since being a face.

I think, apart from more charisma on the mike (he's never been the most interesting bloke, even during Tough Enough he was rather bland) and a new finishing move (Starship pain is just pure mid-card finisher to me) and it doesn't help that he's a good looking good guy because there's one thing that will always stop him being a permanent main eventer, and that is John Morrison!!

Now I don't mean the man himself, the issues he needs to overcome are do-able quite quickly, I mean the gimmick. While it might be different the fact is he's not got that relevant gimmick for today. Lose the coat, change the ring name and at least trim the hair a bit (it looks like a lion's mane). Might take a while for people to get used to a new ring name/persona for him but, to me, that would really help move him upwards.

the thing that kills me about JoMo is he was paired up with a joke of a partner in the Miz and that helped the Miz become "ligit" if that is possible. Morrison was excellent on The Dirt Sheet while the current wwe champion was yelling "THE miz chick magnet" with a stupid f-ing hat. go to youtube and watch the dirt sheet videos b/c apparently everyone else forgot about them.if you watch his dvd it is loaded with great matches from smackdown vs. jericho and edge and plenty of others. he stole the show vs sheamus, he stole the show first Raw vs Miz, he stole the show at Rumble and Hell in the Cell and this feud with Truth will probably be the best of the year. you can't say he is not champion material when they can make a champion out of anyone (remember Khali was a world champ). but it just pains me to read peoples posts about JoMo. do they hate being amazed?

-he needs improved mic work...face or heel its a necessity in the main event.

-if he improved his ground game & ring psychology cause his current act is mid card. watch the career of Shawn Michaels. HBK had adapted his style when he went into the singles competition. was not always the style from his "Rockers" days.

-despite his high flying/parkour, he's still a bland personality

Ok this has been eating at me for a while now those who say John Morrison will never make it are ******ed

1. He is not a spot monkey: you know what he is a HIGH FLYER a person who is meant to be athletic and skilled in risky areas his stunts at RR and EC weren't just spots they were portraying his parkour gimmick a style of physical format training that Morrison does before match ups.
2. He can be taken seriously: how can you say he can't besides his high flying he has proven he can go toe to toe
In 5 star matches like 3 in 2009 against Jeff hardy for the title(when then Morrison main event was born he looked like a Fucken champion in tht match) rey mysterio and cm punk those were more then spots they were classic underated performances.
3. Hes not botch proned: he might botch a few moves but he's not botching a suplex hes botching a corkscrew split legged moonsault like wtf there's only so many times u can hit pertect with such limited ring time and concentration and when he hits it right it makes it feel so much better even Shawn michaels botch the super kick alot what about the superkick that ended flair at wm24 barely touched the guy and u blast jomo for hitting something no one else can on the roster ?
4. He's got the look : hes natural ripped he looks like an athelete and performs like one
5. He's mic skills aren't that bad: granted they aren't the best but that shouldn't hold him back he has time to improve the difference between his heel mic skills and fake mkc skills is that he looked srs as a heel but as face he just smiles that's what holds him back he's to happy
6. He will be champion: this isn't tna he isn't matt Morgan they don't build him up to the main even then just drop him to nothing Morrisons been floating around the top and will be there soon he will be champion if miz can go from being on the edge of releasment and getting kicked out of the locker rooms by jbl to champ and getting praises from bradshaw then morrisson will do big things and he doesnt do half the work miz did and does.
7. He will make it: no one thought rocky would make it on his debut no one thought cena or orton would no one thought miz would but they did and Morrison will be the next hardy they will build him up for his finally moment when he wins the strap.
He will be big his only downfall is melina she's holding him down and he's still climbing that's says alot.

:) The OP is definitely a huge fanboy of morrison. His trying to persuade not only the people that morrison is a maineventer but himself as well.

ill comment on 5,6,7

5 - his mic skill "aint that bad." Morrison is cutting a promo like hes talking to new ppl in a bar with anxiety. He just associated himself in one of the worst raw promo segment in history last week

Why is the miz a maineventer and john morrison is not? and that Morrison looks better the miz and have better matches than the miz. Because The Miz can TALK, and morrison cant, PERIOD. Guys like Kofi kingston, jack swagger, drew mcyhntre, ziggler etc are as good as morrison, but they are still where they are is because they suck on the mic.

6 - what is your point then? I can say the same thing about Zack ryder, santino, ziggler etc.

7- what is your point again? Hell nobody thought khali, and swagger would be champion. Your point is general and can apply to any entertainer in the wwe

John Morrison is the Rick Rude of this era.. he will NEVER be WWE Champion..

He will be remembered as a WWE legend one day but not as a Champion.

If not cause of his lack of charisma but his lack of support from the backstage and his poor attitude.

I'll put up EVERY Rep point I have that R-Truth will be a World Champion before John Morrison, If R-Truth can pull off this major heel turn that he is alrady getting MAJOR heat from and media, Morrison will end up losing this new fued with R-Truth.

He doesn't over sell nor does he no sell.

morrison is always over selling when it comes to his knees.

I dont see the hype over him, he does a couple of great spots and everyone thinks he should be wwe champ, really? by that basis evan bourne should be champ, more charisma, better mic skills, better moves and doesnt talk trash about a legend which gets him in the shit

taking an RKO while doing air bourne off a ladder is more extreme than morrison acting like vega or being caught by 2 people off a standard cross body which is the norm anywhere but the WWE

saying all that though WWE is so low on top faces they could surprise us all and have him win it at ER, personally i only see him in that match to take away the fact that cena cant take anything extreme and miz cant do anything extreme, probably why they stuck them in a cage

Morrison definitely will be champ, I think. I also think that's a good thing. I like Cena a lot, and I like the Miz, but it's time for something a little different. Not that I'm saying Morrison will be champ tomorrow or anything, I think he'll have to wait a little bit yet, hang around the main even level a little more. I definitely think he'll make a good champ, though. Just two things about him:

1. As everyone agrees, he does need to improve on the mic, but I think the potential is there. He'll never be the Rock, but he can be good enough, I think he has improved quite a bit already.

2. I don't think he needs to get rid of Starship Pain. He does need to work on hitting it more often, but he can still use it. I do think he should develop another move as well, though. Not to replace it, but to complement it. Top rope moves are always dicey, but SP is even more so, since he's not actually jumping, but just bouncing off the ropes. That makes it harder to hit consistently. When he does hit it clean, I think it looks fine and "powerful" enough. Developing another move on the ground would help, though. Something you could hit every time, would look a little more powerful and could complement the high flying move. Using both would be fine, like Jeff Hardy with the Swanton and the Twist of Fate.

I think those two things would make him a more-than-solid champ. I also think he is better as a face, and I do find it ironic, as a previous poster said, that everyone likes high flyers, but when they get to a high mid card or near-main event level, then they're a spot monkey right away.

Morrison is incredibly athletic, great in the ring, I think he'll be a really good champ (down the road).

This is a great topic. I just wanted to point out that not only did he have amazing matches with CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, and Jeff Hardy, but he had an amazing match with Edge. Oh, and Chris Jericho too.

Yes, Morrison could make it as the WWE champion. If the WWE is cool they will make him a major face of the company within the next year or two.

I dont get why so many people hate Morrison, like someone said before he never botches starship the only problem is the placement of his opponent, his mic skills while not the best in the biz are still decent, no way that he can be labeled a spot monkey he can put on as good of a match as anyone else on the roster with the added bonus of high spots included in my opinion The Monday Night Delight should be champ within the next 6 months

JOMO is a main eventer....

Who wasn't involved in the Main Event on Raw, and is currently in a feud with R-Truth. Not Cena, not the Miz, not Del Rio, not Orton, not Christian, but R-Truth.
How many main event matches has R-Truth been removed from int he past three years? oh yeah More than JOMO has been offered

Sure JOMO is decent in the ring, but hes still boring on the mic. Hell hes really boring in the ring as well. He wont be a Main Eventer until he can talk on the mic, that segment with R-Truth from GB on last weeks Raw was almost completely unbearable. He may be in a WWE title match at Extreme Rules, but hes not worthy of the Main Event Spot Light yet.

Without the Miz to carry him during promos hes going no where fast...

John Morrison is NOT a maineventer .... YET. But he does have a ton of potential to be one. I think this year could be his breakout year, his feud with Sheamus was short but it was able to show he can handle himself with a former Champion. What John Morrison needs now is a feud that will help him breakout.

It's a shame Kane wasn't drafted to RAW since I can really see Morrison and Kane have a good feud. However with the current RAW roster I think a high profile PPV match Cena (even with a loosing effort) one with CM Punk could help him realize his potential.

I think Morrison will be WWE Champion by Wrestlemania.
I see Miz winning at Extreme Rules, Cena dropping out of the feud to focus on the Rock (because I see Rock costing Cena the title a couple times) the Miz feuding with Morrison (and possibly a heel R-Truth).

Youre forgetting Alberto Del-Rio. There's no way he wont be part of the championship feud.

I dont know what to think about Morrison to be honest. Right now, I dont think he's championship material, but Im willing to accept the fact that I could be wrong. I mean, I never thought Miz was championship material when he first started the storyline for the belt. Now look at him, I think he holds it very well. Maybe Morrison will be the same way.

However, here's the problem...well problems, one is a little obvious and the other is based on a rumor I heard today. The obvious one is, there is no way the writing staff will ever pick Morrison over Cena, atleast not while Morrison is a face. Cena is SuperFace, and the entire RAW face-roster lives in Cena's shadow.

The second potential problem is like I said, based on a rumor I heard today. Based on the real life drama involving Mileena sleeping around on Morrison, Vince himself doesnt think Morrison is worthy of any respect. As we all know, if Vince seriously doesnt like you, then youre not going anywhere within the business. Again, this is just a rumor, so take it as you will.

Morrison is a career enhancement talent/ jobber to the stars. The guy would be a failure as champion. Please don't compare him to Jeff Hardy OP. Morrison can only dream of being a third as over as Hardy. Morrison has NO charisma. Is he even more over than Mark Henry?

He definitely has exciting matches, but is he really any better than an Evan Bourne, Kavaal, or Jamie Noble? I don't think so. Not many people get the chance to be world champions, and the company needs enhancement talents. John Morrison is one of them.

His work on the mic never fails to be cringeworthy and very ackward sounding. It's painful to listen to this man speak.

His "look" right now is trash too. The guy looks like a fruitcake and he's not intimidating at all. Like another poster said above, it would probably be best for him to ditch the jacket and tights for something more plain, and maybe shave his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back