• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What will make you stop watching the WWE?

123NewChamp

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hello all, I must admit, the past few years haven't been good watching the WWE. And in my opinion, this has been the worst year of watching wrestling in my 15 yr. History. Let's face it, The Miz became WWE champion, what an annoying title reign that was. Alberto Del Rio won 2 quick Title Reigns in which he wasn't ready for. The WWE keeps switching up Storylines and leaving us with alot of "what ifs". Like Really who is was the Raw Interim General Manager? What if Kevin Nash was cleared to wrestle and didn't have to do that movie, what if Nash faced Punk instead of Triple H? What would've became of it? And yeah Real Good Talent being underused, folks wrestling that really cannot wrestle. The Non-Existent Tag Division, Divas that cannot wrestle. And John Cena once again as always having another championship reign. And really deep down, I want to stop watching wrestling, but I guess my love for it won't let me. So my question to all my die hard wrestling fans, what would make you stop watching WWE? Point Blank.

For Me, it will have to be 4. things.

1. If Triple H was to become a heel champion and win the WWE Title while he's still in the Leadership Role that he's in Backstage. He's a great wrestler and all, but he had way too many title reigns and he do not need no more. I'm still sick from that year long reign he had with Evolution. And would've resepcted his career more if not for the back-stage politics and games he ran on folks.

2. WWE killing us with these surprising unbeleivable Champions. If we have another Jack Swagger title Reign, I will boycott WWE. And also, no matter how much they try, Rey Mysterio will never make a Beleivable World Champion. And throw in like 5 more title Reigns for the Miz and Del-Rio a Piece. Along with A World Championship for Cody Rhodes. Now with Cody I can see a year long Intercontinental title Reign or longest IC Champ in History. But if he hit the Jackpot, I'ma be watching Hawaii 5-O on Monday nights, and CSI NY on Friday Nights.

3. WWE getting rid of some of it's good Talent. And not giving them their due. Over the pass few years we lost Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, Gail Kim, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, Kaval, Festus, and just recently John Morrison to name a few.

4. Dolph Ziggler Becoming Champ. The Last thing we want to hear is the opening of the show or the first 15 minutes talking segment listening to Vickie Guerrero saying Excuse Me, Excuse Me.

So I'm curious, what will make you stop watching WWE.

Will stop watching when :

1.)Zack Ryder gets a World Title shot

2.)Santino Marella wins the Royal Rumble,

3.)John Cena breaks Ric Flair's Record Title reigns.

I really liked HHH's year long title reign when Evolution was there in 2003,I have no problem if HHH becomes World Champion again as a Heel.

1.)Zack Ryder gets a World Title shot.

This has technically already happened, but I think I get what you mean: a legitamate World Title shot.

I'll continue to watch WWE as long as I enjoy it. Basically, so long as the good outweighs the bad, I take it. We'll always have to sit through things that we don't enjoy, but there are always good storylines and talented wrestlers to watch the product for. Almost every episode of Raw and Smackdown has at least one very good match, sometimes more, and PPV weeks add even more to that. We all come on here on complain a lot, but everyone has things that they enjoy and have some sort of attachment to. That's what we watch for. I don't think any one booking move, on its own, could seriously make stop watching. Well, unless Hornswaggle won the title.

I'm not sure that it'd be a booking decision that would make me stop watching. I honestly think WWE would literally have to stop existing... I don't know, it's possible that I'll get older and my life will fill up with more responsibility and it will all slip away. I highly doubt that. Especially if all these freelance writing positions pay off and I land some sort of decent creative job within the industry... Then again, if not I still plan on working in independent promotions for quite some time.

Yeah, I doubt the WWE is going to "bore" me into not watching. They might be able to financially ruin themselves into it though...

If by some chance I became unable to pay my cable bill I guess that would make me stop watching.

In reality, I've watched through the mid 90's and that was a million times worse than the stuff you hear people bitching about on this site. I guess maybe if it got as bad as TNA is right now I might stop watching. But that's not likely.

been watching since 84 the month b4 Hogan one his first world title (how time flies), not gonna stop now.

Like a drug addict i know it's no good most of the time but can't stop watching, even if it's just background noise it's still there each and every week and the PPV's are an always buy, regardless.

TNA is awfull to me but i still sorta watch that every week lol once again it's that Wrestling bug. i just wouldn't order a PPV unless i was really bored and just hapened to have the day off.

The day WWE folds it's "wrestling" doors, is the day i stop watching.

Saying that there was hell for 1 year when our cable company couldn't cut a deal with WWE and we had nothing but TNA for a whole year :( that was 5yrs ago

I basically already have over the last couple of years, because as talent left/retired, they didn't/don't have anyone to fill in the holes left behind, there isn't many people left on wwe tv that doesn't annoy the hell out of me. (Survivor Series is the last show I watched from wwe, and that was 100% because of The Rock)

Here's the ultimate killer: "New WWE Champion Michael Cole." and Don't tell me that they won't do it. They put the ECW title on Vince McMahon for god's sake. I personally already stopped with WWE because between Michael Cole, Vickie Guerrero and now John Laryngitis, I rather change the channel and find something else on

Not sure I'd actually quit watching. After WCW and ECW folded, most people stay tuned for a short time, then quit watching it. Well, I hung in there and am still watching to this day. And yes, it hasn't been good in a few years, but I keep watching. It's kind of like a bad habit that I can't break. Every Monday, gotta turn on the Raw, same for Smackdown and even TNA. Everyone bad mouths TNA but I happened to love them. It's way more entertaining than what WWE is doing right now and has been better than WWE for the last few years, in my opinion of course. But anyway, I'd say the only way I quit watching wrestling is if the companies somehow went under and folded.

I'll never say that I'll quit watching if so and so wins the world because I sat through David Arquette's title reign, I sat through The Miz's title reign and if it happens, god I hope it doesn't ever happen, I'll even sit through Zack Ryder's title reign, hopefully he never wins it though.

And on a side note, I actually hope Dolph Ziggler wins one of the world titles. He's great. And Vickie cracks me up, plus her boobs look nice these days. :)

Cena Breaking Flair's Title's record is a big no-no
Taker losing the streak can also never happen.

Some records should never be broken. these kinda things are are what make this wrestling company number 1. They are the history of WWE

And i gotta agree, young talent needs to be used to it's full potential of the comapny to keep moving in the direction i wanna see it going...

Dolph Ziggler NEEDS to win the World Title, He's better than Punk in the ring.

John Morrision is incredibly dull on the mic and is just a stunt monkey, he needed to go.

Cody Rhodes WILL be and NEEDS to be champion by two months after Wrestlemania at the latest,

He is incredible.

It's hard not to spam a reply here...

My answer would be blindness..

Age seemingly doesn't change a true fans love of wrestling! You must love it when you friends nicknamed you Quagmire yet with WWE you FF the divas shit.

Lets be honest, all you kids in this thread will never stop watching WWE. They can do as they please and you will always come back for more. Cena breaking Flairs record, Triple H holding the gold, Cole as Champion....gimme a break, you will be back for more eventually.

The ONLY thing that would stop me watching WWE would be if WWE get rid of all their talent and replace them with Midgets like Hornswoggle.

My inability to see.
My inability to hear.

If WWE tries to be even more like UFC.

There's not much that'll turn me off the product, around 2003 or something whenever Hardy was getting pushed, I started being disinterested and stopped watching for a couple years, but I came back around the time Vickie and Edge started being a power couple. The break did me good, and it felt new for a while, but I'm pretty confident that no matter how stale the product gets, a break will fix it unless they stop doing the outrageous things that make wrestling wrestling.

I was one of the people who liked the Mae Young birthing a hand :(

Wasn't gonna comment...but man, if I ever heard that announcement with
Cole as the Champ, I would die from laughter. I never even thought of
anything THAT crazy! Trust me, don't depend on that happening...lol! I can
imagine Cole's face right now in triumph after something like that, then talking trash about it at the announcer's table. Frickin hilarious!

All I can say is this bitch bitch bitch.

This is NOT the worst time ever for WWE/F its just most of you have zero idea of how bad it really can get. I dont know if you all remember back during the "rock n Wrestlin" days it was uber bad. Story lines were on the edge of Moronic and everything centered around Hogan and only Hogan like it has been in TNA since he has been there.

I hear constant gripes about Morrison being let go and yet he would come out to crickets 80% of the time. Morrison is , much like Jeff Hardy, a Spot Monkey and thats about it. His mike skills suck and if you take away his flash moves you have zip. He has no mic skills, at least hardy has improved there, and he has no basic wrestling moves its all high spots and with so many now doing this ....YAWN.

Back when Rock n Roll express and The Rockers started doing high spots it was ohhhhs and ahhhhhhs it was new and for decades the Lucha / Japan style of high spots was rarely seen in the USA. When moonsaults and Hunracanranna's <sp> were done it was WOW...now its like eh yea so what. It is now generic for a smaller guy to do HS moves and its expected. Its still an ohhh and ahhh moment when someone the size of Hugh Morris or Vader or even Brock does a moonsault off the top rope but only then.

I would love to have seen the IWC when 90% of wreslting was headlocks, Irish whips punching and kicking with zero High Spots.

In conculsion stop yer bitchin you have no clue on how bad and boring wrestling can really be. Its the story that makes the match in Promo's and in the ring and you have to be good at both to be suscessfull. Unless your Hogan then you just use Politics.

First of all the OP must be completely bat-shit cuz honestly this has been one of the best years in wrestling in recent years. The unpredictably was back. You had the 40man Royal Rumble (the spot with santino almost winning is legendary IMO), Nash, booker, Trish Stratus, JBL, Austin, The Rock, Undertaker AND Triple H all made their returns, we saw the beginning of one of the most anticipated and dream feuds in wrestling history (Rock and Cena), CM Punk made things interesting again, the 5 star matches between Punk and Cena and Orton and Christian, HHH and Taker, tough enough was kool. We're starting to see the emergence of new stars in Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler, Cody bringing back the old IC belt..theres been many great things going. Not gonna sit here n say this year wasnt without it failures (Daniel Brian as Mr. MITB) but its been much better than recent years. People are aways gonna complain about something i guess

But imma be honest and say that i really dont see myself ever not watching wrestling unless they just stop showing it. Wrestling has been a major part of my life since i was like 7. Might not agree with everything that goes on but at the end of the day i love wrestling and i love the WWE, period

If John L(however you spell his damn name) keeps showing up. Some gimmicks or performances by certain people last for a long time, some need to last jus a month or two. For instance, the 'Excuse me!' Vickie Guerrero stuff has been goin on for so long, it's old.

I don't think I'll ever stop watching wrestling on a weekly basis, but if the WWE keeps feeding us the drivel they served up on Tuesday night, I'll stop getting the PPVs.

Hornswoggle winning a battle royal? I thought I was going to puke.

"Let's give the people what they want: Justin Gabriel and Jinder Mahal!"

"Wouldn't it be funny if we made Cole and Matthews dress up as a reindeer and an elf?!"

Please....

I was waiting for another side-splitting Johnny Curtis promo to top off everything.

Get it together WWE. WM 27 was the worst mania I've ever seen. If they're not careful, I'll stop buying the Big 4.

im already there pretty much. its been garbage since wcw folded. i barely watch raw, like if i do happen to feel like putting it on it is only background noise while i play a game or something so i miss a lot. i dont watch sd, didnt watch wwecw, didnt watch nxt, never seen superstars....if it wasnt for the Pro Wrestling Report on espn radio and youtube or Chair Shot Reality i wouldnt know wtf is going on. those shows are far more entertaining than anything wwe or tna can come up with.
when it stops being ufc lite i might tune in again. but every guy is generic as hell with a regular name and a "grr im bad ass" gimmick and i hate it. call me what you want i miss clowns, cubans, russians, monsters, warriors, rich guys and yes even garbage men and plumbers. you know...CHARACTERS. things that actually take a bit imagination and effort.
also i hate the overproduced, every-word-scripted style that has become wwe. there is no more "sink or swim" in wrestling. no more cream rising to the top. its who they want pushed and thats it, regardless of mic skills or how many asses you put in seats. the diva division proves that. oh yeah, that has to go entirely too.

To be honest, I actually did stop watching WWE.I stopped watching right after Cena won the WWE Championship for the 10th time. To me, it was really annoying having to see Cena with the title over and over and over and over and over again. I also didn't like the way they handle their talent. SO basically, I haven't been watching WWE programming for quite some time now.

No matter how much dribble you stuff into all your posts, me and you both know that no-one will quit wrestling just because of one incident. And, if they do, they'll be back within a month deep-throating Vinnie's money stick.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3557894 said:
No matter how much dribble you stuff into all your posts, me and you both know that no-one will quit wrestling just because of one incident. And, if they do, they'll be back within a month deep-throating Vinnie's money stick.

[YOUTUBE]7FRFE8rFDFU[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back