• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What title would you bring back?

bigp523

Dark Match Winner
Over the years, the have been many championships that have come and gone, some for the better, and some not so much. If you could bring back any title, what would it be?

For me it would probably be the Hardcore title. I have always been a fan of hardcore wrestling, and loved the 24/7 rule. It made for some hilarious matches and segments, and i believe alot of people enjoyed that. The way I would bring it back would be on ECW. One night before a match with Christian for the ECW title, Tommy Dreamer would walk out with the hardcore belt around his waist, and insist that he be introduced as the hardcore champion. He would win the belt, unifying the titles, and throughout his reign he would be called the ECW hardcore Heavyweight Champion. He would even go as far as coming out on TV and throwing that awful silver ECW championsip in the trash, proclaiming the he is putting the extreme in ECW. It would be a good way to bring hardcore wrestling back to ECW, like it is supposed to have.

A few years ago, I would have said the cruiserweight title. Currently WWE has about 10 or so cruiserwight on the roster, so it would be a waste. they turned that belt into a joke anyway, so unless they want to bring in a whole bunch of new guys, whats the point. Look at what theyre doing to Evan Bourne.

What do you guys think?

A few years ago, I would have said the cruiserweight title. Currently WWE has about 10 or so cruiserwight on the roster, so it would be a waste. they turned that belt into a joke anyway, so unless they want to bring in a whole bunch of new guys, whats the point. Look at what theyre doing to Evan Bourne.

Uhh... What!?

You are saying it would be a waste because they only have 10 cruiserweughts on the roster. Well, that's a whole lot more people than they have contending the WWE Championship at the moment isn't it? The still do that though and it's not considered a waste in my view. The cruiserweight title should be brought back but not right now. There are too many belts flying around at the minute and it's getting hard to keep track of who fits where. At some point though they should take out the Diva's championship and put in the cruiserweight championship. Make it non-exclusive and it could be quite fun. Take the US championship off Kofi Kingston and have him, Mysterio, Bourne, Chavo etc compete for it. It could be good.

I'm not saying it's a waste in the sense that they aren't good wrestlers or wouldn't put on entertaining matches. I'm saying that they would get lost in the shuffle, and right now the cruiserweights on the roster are simply jobbers. I don't see very high ratings for funaki vs Jimmy Wang Yang. With the exception of Evan Bourne, the Hurricane, and maybe Matt Hardy(if he's still technically a cruiserweight) i dont see them having a need for the title.

I'd say bring back the European Title in ECW. Without a second belt for them to try and win 90% of the matches seem pointless.

remember the old TV title in the NWA back in the day... I feel like Arn or Tully always owned it

I'm not saying it's a waste in the sense that they aren't good wrestlers or wouldn't put on entertaining matches. I'm saying that they would get lost in the shuffle, and right now the cruiserweights on the roster are simply jobbers. I don't see very high ratings for funaki vs Jimmy Wang Yang. With the exception of Evan Bourne, the Hurricane, and maybe Matt Hardy(if he's still technically a cruiserweight) i dont see them having a need for the title.

That is exactly my point. If you give all the guys you have mentioned plus Mysterio, Chavo, Kingston etc and give them their own division to compete in, they wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. It's like in Boxing, Cruiserweights don't compete with heavyweights, they have their own division and are independant from guys who would crush them. Rey Mysterio can't beat The Big Show in reality and no one believes it when he does. Give them their own division and I think it would give people like Chavo a new lease of life.

I think you they should bring back the ECW TV Championship, ECW needs a second belt, its obvious, let some of the second teer guys that they don't want having the ECW Title and give to them, like Sheamus and Tyler Reiks could benefit from a second belt, plus with two belts it makes for better wrestling matches because then you have double the Number 1 Contender Matches, double the amount of guys who can go for a title and Double the fun really.

Just some quick notes:

Cruiserweight wont come back until the Divas Championship leaves forever.
There is no Point in bringing back the Hardcore Championship when ECW isn't Extreme.

Question: Why are all of you saying that Kofi Kingston is a Cruiserweight? Last time I heard, Kingston weighted about 218 pounds. I believe the cut-off for a Cruiserweight is 215 lbs. last time I checked. If WWE brought back the Cruiserweight Championship, Kofi Kingston would not fit. He's great as the United States Champion, and should keep the title until atleast 4-6 more weeks.

With that said, if I could bring back any title, I would bring back the European Championship. Now that the European Championship is no longer active, some people who were only missing that title to become a Grand Slam Champion, no longer can. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but some Triple Crown Champions will never be able to become a Grand Slam Champion due to the deactiveness of the European Championship. I know the same can be said about the Hardcore Championship, but it would no longer fit in this day and age.

By the time I became a WWE fan, the European and Hardcore Championships were both deactived. But, I like the European Championship for some reason, and that's why I would bring it back.

Personally, I would love the cruiserweight belt. I loved that division in WCW. However, there are two faults. the two women's belts as stated by others. Also, in my opinion, the fed really doesn't work well with cruiserweights. I find that division is always treated as a joke or jobbers to make the big guy look even bigger.

I will agree that no other title will appear right now because of the excess of belts as is. So how about sticking a time limit for the matches (old school concept I know) for the non-world belts. It would be interesting for stories I think if they did that. They could have a few matches meet the limit. I could enhance the intensity of the feuds.

Question: Why are all of you saying that Kofi Kingston is a Cruiserweight? Last time I heard, Kingston weighted about 218 pounds. I believe the cut-off for a Cruiserweight is 215 lbs. last time I checked. If WWE brought back the Cruiserweight Championship, Kofi Kingston would not fit.

First off....they can just change his weight. They did it with Matt Hardy before and they can simply do it again with Kingston. I don't recall his weight being set in stone from now til the day he retires. Besides, it's only three pounds. Just like with Matt Hardy, they could do short little segments where he loses weight to be eligible for the division. Not to mention, he has a small build and can easily be passed off as a cruiserweight. I fail to see how he would not fit in a resurrected cruiserweight division. I think it will really give a lot of guys on the roster a lot to work with and actually make them seem like they're worth a damn and not just jokes who job out to Hornswoggle or Big Show week in and week out.

There should be less belts. Then they wouldn't be stinkin props. If there was one Heavyweight Title, one Mid Card Title, and the Tag belts, stories would get a lot more interesting. I digress, however, as this is not a belt unification thread.

the European title
the Hardcore title
the Cruiserweight title
I'll even bring back the ECW Tag titles as well as the TV title

I would have to go with the Cruiserweight Title on this one. It would be a universal title that would be defended on any of the three brands. That way, any of their current cruiserweights can fight for it without having to be drafted to a different show. It would be a good way to get their cruiserweights involved without making them look like nobodies who get squashed by all the bigger wrestlers.

ok...I will say this. All titles on raw and smackdown should stay where they are. If anything ecw needs to get another title or 2. Those titles should be the ECW TV title and the hardcore title.

Reason for the TV Title is because since ecw has a lot more superstars then they did last year you can have other wrestlers go after that title then waiting for how long till they get a shot at the ecw title.

Finally as far as the hardcore title, I say give it to tommy dreamer and start bringing back the extreme part of ecw while still having a balance of regular matches. What I heard as far as what wwe is doing to tommy dreamer is having him build up the new superstars while the christian and regal feud starts. So what better way into bringing back the hardcore title, putting it on dreamer and having at least 1 or 2 extreme rules matches per show and the title match at pay per views.

First off....they can just change his weight. They did it with Matt Hardy before and they can simply do it again with Kingston. I don't recall his weight being set in stone from now til the day he retires. Besides, it's only three pounds. Just like with Matt Hardy, they could do short little segments where he loses weight to be eligible for the division. Not to mention, he has a small build and can easily be passed off as a cruiserweight. I fail to see how he would not fit in a resurrected cruiserweight division. I think it will really give a lot of guys on the roster a lot to work with and actually make them seem like they're worth a damn and not just jokes who job out to Hornswoggle or Big Show week in and week out.

I believe that they've changed the weight several times. Would it interest you to see Kofi Kingston segments where he's trying to lose weight? I agree that he can be passed off as a cruiserweight because of his small build, but if you look at it from the weight limit and assuming WWE only want certain superstars to lose weight, Kingston wouldn't fit. The problem is, unless you're Rey Mysterio, WWE won't really make it seem like any other real cruiserweight could really succeed in the WWE, holding a title other than the Cruiserweight or Tag team Titles.

Evan Bourne could have been ECW Champion had it not been for his ankle injury, but now he's on Raw doing nothing worth noticing. Chavo Guerrero? Do I even need to explain? Jimmy Wang Yang? Kung Fu Naki? Where are they? The Brian Kendrick could have been the closest choice, but he's been fired. Hornswoggle never belonged in the Cruiserweight division to begin with, let alone win the title. Jamie Noble is easily the best cruiserweight wrestler, but doesn't get pushed or even appear on TV. The Hurricane is probably #2 and he holds the record for the longest reigning Cruiserweight Champion.

The Cruiserweight Championship division wasn't really relevant since Billy Kidman left. For Kofi Kingston, a man very close to cruiserweight size to hold a mid-card title and actually have a successful reign is a plus for him, the title he's holding, and the WWE. I knew I would get heat for the question, but I hope I was able to explain it well.

I would bring back the cruiserweight title. But what the WWE needs to do is get rid of some titles. The way I would have it is 1 World Title, 1 Midcard, 1 Tag, 1 Women, 1 Cruiserweight, 1 for each division (I loved the hardcore title, but having a hardcore match every week cheapens the match itself. Its like having a HIAC title or a Ladder Match title). 3 World titles is fucking ridiculous, how can titles have any prestige when there are 8 different titles you can hold and at least 2 per division (except the tag).

id love to see the cruiserweight title or light heavyweight champion belts back so the high flyers can have an almost seperate (similar to TNA's X division) spotlight and high flyers like evan bourne, rey, christian, jamie noble, TBK if he wasnt let go, kofi, miz, even morrison, and the hardys, hell drop it on jeircho once or twice also

They should not bring back any titles at all, too many titles clogs things up, devalues them if every third person is holding a title or recently held on. They are to be coveted, not passed like candy and freebies. They have just enough titles right now. The three major titles. The US on Raw, the IC on Smackdown, then the unified tag titles, that's enough. ECW doesn't need anymore as they have such a small roster. Keep it minimal, makes it more special to hold one, more of a reward for your hard work.

good post, i had actually been intending to do the same. i have felt for some time that the television title should come back. with 6 hours of tv programming it is the perfect title to give a guy you want to put some real stock in and see if he can hold up to the rigors of a champions' schedule. if you implement the 10 minute time limit or change it to 15 and make the champion defend on all shows it's gotta be a winner. whether it's a face champion who welcomes all comers or the reluctant heel champion who holds on to the title by the skin of his teeth by going the draw, it was and could make for an exciting title picture. ecw could also get the rub for being the flagship for the title by having a tourney on ecw, inviting wrestlers from the other brands and decide your winner over a two week stretch. i know alot of people feel that there are too many titles, but tbh the midcard titles haven't looked this good in some time. furthermore, the structure of the time limit tv title on all brands would be a phenomenal way to road test a future wwec/whc in training. i'm just sayin'...

definatly bring back the hardcore title, alot of those matches were entertaining as fuck but theres no need for anymore titles, theres enough as there is, 3 world heavyweights, 2 intercontientals (us), 2 sets of tag team titles, 2 womens ttles, its pretty pointlless, get rid of the us, world heavyweight, and a set of tag team betls, leave the ecw where it is, leave ecw as a seperate brand, and then bring back titles like the cruiserweight or hardcore cause the last thing wwe needs at the moment is more titles

I highly disagree with Matt Hardy being in that mix. He should be in the WHC title run around that time. If Jeff Hardy, who really is still a cruiserweight can get the WHC, why can't Matt Hardy get it?

Umm did somebody forget that the tag titles were unified? Ok sure Jericho and Big Show still carry two belts but they are call the unified tag champs. So that doesn't count as two belts.

Yes, but until they actually get rid of one set, it's still two belts.

I'd really like to see the Hardcore belt brought back as well but in the PG era, it won't happen. I miss the days when you'd see someone walk up with a referee and start wailing on the Hardcore Champ, it wasn't even predictable. Heck, it didn't even nake sense some of the time, but it was great entertainment for the most part.

Bring back either the Euro, ECW TV or Hardcore.

Let all 3 count towards a grandslam champion
That way it won't be impossible for anyone who has debut after 2002 or didn't win any of the titles before 2002 will have a chance to become a grandslam champion. Cause at the moment there are 10 grandslam champions, only 5 other men can become a grandslam champion (though only 2 of them have a chance). So out of anyone who has ever been in the wwe only 10 - 15 people will have any chance of being a grandslam champion unless the euro or hardcore is brought back (or ecw tv title since ecw needs a 2nd title, ecw tv would sound better on ecw then euro, hardcore would work but it couldn't be 24/7 anymore and then it wouldn't be fun)

Why couldn't the hardcore be 24/7. They would waste so much time with Hornswoggle winning the title it would just be a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back