Should the WWE bring the Hardcore Championship back?

the 24-7 angle would be a HELL of a lot better than the current hornswoggle/coach angle. it's getting really irritating watching that crap.

another thing:ECW, they need to bring back extreme rules for each match, its not the same and they should rename it or get rid of it if its not gonna be an extreme alternative to raw/smackdown

What a fantastic idea I was thinking about this discussion the other day on wether or not they should bring back the WWE Hardcore title and I say YES bring it back it would make for great fueds and with great fueds comes great entertainment and WWE 24/7 should return I got do many laughs from when everybody used to get jumped out of no where because anyone was entitled to carry the Hardcore title and I mean anyone I remember watching WWE/WWF back in 2000 and hardcore holly got jumped in a shopping plaza by a bunch of clowns now come on thats great entertainment

No,no. The WWE has problems maintaining all these current titles. Womens title and cruiserweight titles are forgotten so why bring a new one. They should concentrate on making the tag team titles and ECW title more interesting and more credible, not bring back new titles.

i think they should, I always crack up when hear about the hardcore belt because u can fight the champ 24/7 anywhere as long as there is a referee. The matches used to be real interesting. I think they should keep this belt floating around, it shouldn't belong to just one brand.

With the flailing ECW product right now and the immediate drop off in ratings it recieved in face of "the new breed" I would have to say bringing back the hardcore title would be perfect. What do they have to lose? They should emalgamate it with their World title belt as a big statement intending once again ECW is hardcore.

They should have stuck to their guns in wanting to make it its own brand. But not they've rendered it into a heat or velocity program and its a fucking joke. The name itself carries its infinite potential to be accepted...but they gotta throw us a frickin' bone here.

24/7 rule is shit. It makes for comedy and quickly becomes a goto to gell off the "better matches" which is the exact reason the WWE sucks right now. They put everything on the main event and don't take into consideration the power of the other cards. Look at Nitro with the cruiserweight division.

ECW's rating would once again sky rocket into the 2's. Without doubt.

No,no. The WWE has problems maintaining all these current titles. Womens title and cruiserweight titles are forgotten so why bring a new one. They should concentrate on making the tag team titles and ECW title more interesting and more credible, not bring back new titles.

you know i was just about to say that but i saw u did it , i agree with what u said they have focused on the wwe championship too much they have forgotten other titles and destroyed cruserweight i liked it with chavo, rey, tajari etc...

and the womens titles they lost trish, stacy, lita , chyna, sable

and the smackdown and raw tags rnt doing that good either same as us and ic

so why bring it back they will just find a way to make it worse and stuff it up some how .....

I remember a few Hardcore title matches quite well, e.g. Taker vs. RVD one, I would rather see ECW title be contested under Hardcore rules, just without the 24/7 rules.
Reason for integrating it into ECW: In the old days of ECW, we see "extreme" fights which are contested under similar rules as Hardcore title, it would be fitting and gratifying for many fans of the original ECW, and honestly, I don't see any "extreme" in the current ECW, I saw in-ring talents, however cheezy and commonplace fights. (side note: please refer to Sabu to define the word "extreme")
Reason why no 24/7 rules: It's really tough to fight in a hardcore title match, and anyone can pretty much take it away right after the conclusion of one title match, and that is not fun at all.

I think it would be a great idea for the title to come back as the cruiser is much neglected and that would be a awesome title for smackdown. yet just put it into the ecw title and take the european champ, and have all weight groups on smackdown fight for it.

I liked the Hardcore championship due to entertainment purposes. I remember being highly entertained with the entire 24/7 rule, especially when Crash Holly was the champion when Mean Street Posse would follow Crash all over the city, Jerry Brisco pinning Crash for the title while he was backstage taking a nap. Good times.

Even though I felt the championship meant nothing at all seeing the title can change 20 times or even more in one night, it was very entertaining to see backstage brawls and random "matches" taking place out of nowhere during the show.

I thought for sure the Hardcore title was back when Mick Foley brought the Hardcore belt to RAW and along with Edge, Foley claimed the Hardcore title is un-retired and both Edge & Foley were co-holders of the Hardcore title. I thought wrong I guess.

The hardcore belt was one of my favorite to follow. It would usually be on the line every single night, right before the main event. One of my all-time favorite Raw matches was a hardcore match between Al Snow and Raven. It ended with Al Snow getting smashed with a cinder block outside the arena. I later heard that he broke both his wrists in that match.

I would also love to bring it back i think it would add some more excitment to ECW but make it a tri branded title aswell but in ECW there is the top dog (currently CM Punk) and then theres the no 1# contender and he rest are just wrestling in pointless feuds

Oh,yeah,ECW needs another championship,so the mid-carders or maybe even some ECW originals get some more work...

The Hardcore title needs to remain dead and buried. It was great at the time as a time filler, but it isn't really needed anymore.

Off the topic a bit, but...

I keep reading a bunch of people saying ECW matches need to all be Hardcore matches or contested under Extreme Rules. Did those same people ever follow ECW when it was a real promotion? I honestly don't believe so. I grew-up in an area that was backyard ECW. My friends and I would make three hour trips to go see the orginal EC'dub! Basically I was at an ECW show at least once a month and there was a hell of a lot more to ECW then the Hardcore Element.

What people don't understand is ECW was Extreme, of course, but it was a hell of a lot more then that. Some of the best scientific wrestling matches to have ever taken place in the United States, took place in ECW. As well as Cruiserweight matches. The ECW storylines you actually carried about. Raven/Sandman, the crowd felt bad for Sandman that Raven was so deeply "involved" with his family and were using them against Sandman or Sandman/Dreamer, there were people in the crowd crying, telling Dreamer to stay down when Sandman was caining him post match, not to mention Sandman sold his eye injury with true passion (he stayed in his house for an entire month and never went out into public, so people couldn't see he was fine). Those are just two examples, that people can easily access on the internet to see.

Go watch any ECW Pey-Per-View. You will see tons of great technical, high-flying, and of course hardcore wrestling. What ECW gave us fans, was the chance to see a match be completly played out and not ended by Count-Out or DQ BULLSHIT like the WWF/E or WCW. Although I can remember Shane Douglas being DQ'ed once, when Francince bit his oppenents ear during a match. Oh the Mike Tyson puns Joey Styles used after that. ;x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back