Should the WWE bring the Hardcore Championship back?

Nj Fan 04

Dark Match Winner
I always thought that the Hardcore Championship was a lot of fun and brought tons of entertainment to the WWE. Right now ECW needs a title other than their Heavyweight Championship, but doesn't have the people for a tag or second teir championship. I think the WWE should bring the Hardcore Championship back, with Mic Foley showing up on ECW with the title (because they gave him the actual belt). This brings star power to ECW, a belt to ECW, and brings back my favorite WWE Championship.

So, should the WWE bring the Hardcore Championship back, and who/where should the belt be?

thats a good idea, bring it back, it would be cool to bring to ECW but there are a lot of great ppl who could compete for it that are on raw and smackdown, maybe they could make it a tri band championship.. like it could be defended and won by anybody, raw, smackdown, or ECW... not only would it be interesting to see match ups between each brand once in a while (like they're doing now) it would have so many other ppl to compete for it, bring it back with that 24/7 rule, that would be very interesting IMO

though i doubt wwe will ever do that, either way, they have to bring back, be it on ECW, Raw, Smackdown, doesnt matter, that belt brought some crazy matches, and thats what wwe needs right now...

i highly doubt it would work. With so many belts around, it would be pointless to add another title to the scene. In the case of this happening, i would gave it to Umaga, the only guy capable of carry a good hardcore match anytime any place, foley is a good idea, but i see him on RAW feuding with Orton for the summer.

I'd have to agree that the hardcore title brought a lot of amazing matches and that it should be brought back. I like the idea of a tri-brand championship and IMO they should do that with all the titles and drop one show and just be on two nights with all the superstars on both shows competing for the titles. Now back to the Hardcore title, I would put it on ECW and I would probaly give it to Finly (sp?) I think he could carry a great hardcore match maybe feuding with Umaga. But I don't think WWE will bring back the title altho it would be a good idea for the buisness.

I like the Hardcore title and think they should bring it back. However, they should get rid of the anytime/anywhere rule -- that made for some terrible terrible matches. I believe there was match where every single participant won the title during the course of the match.

It should be brought back but not for comical reasons. Though they should just really make ECW like ECW but that idea is done with.

I've thought that the Hardcore title should be the secondary title on ECW. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would probably merge it with Cruiserweight championship and make it an X-Divisionesque title. The Hardcore championship, as long as the 24/7 rule isn't brought back, should be brought back and exclusive to ECW.

hmm i dont know, i liked the 24/7 rule, though thinking back, it did mess some great matches up... and having a new hardcore champion every 5 secs kinda ruins what the belt.. soo i guess it would be better to drop the 24/7..

but i dont like the idea of umaga being champion, sure he has some skills, but i dont know, i think cm punk would do a good job with it, jeff too, his hardcore match against matt was off the hook.. or give hardcore holly a push and make him hardcore champ, he did have some good matches in ECW.. the one where he got that huge cut on his back after that suplex out of the ring through a table, damnn that was some hardcore shit o_O

This is a very good idea and id love to see it brought back to a three brand thing where it could be wrestled for by anybody anywhere at anytime. I loved the 24/7 rule because if the show was dragging on they could have a quick 5 minute match in the back or something.

Though it would be fun to have it back without the 24/7 it seems more than a little far fetched with all these titles already. I have to say though hardcore matches were some of my favorites.

I have been posting on this for months, YES the WWE needs to bring back the Hardcore Title, it needs to be on ECW as their 2nd title, and Sandman needs to go back to ECW to hold it. In addition, Mick Foley needs to be the new ECW commissioner.

The Hardcore Title was a great idea, though the 24/7 thing became comical. I thought when Crash did it at first it was funny, but got out of hand. The next ECW Hardcore Championship is to be defended only in actual Hardcore matches, but here's a new twist. The champion must defend the belt in whatever type of specialty match the challenger chooses. That way, the champion is on the ropes, and creates the opportunity for wrestlers to get creative with one minor belt, like what TNA is doing with their innovations.

good idea... the challenger chooses what kind of match? that would be interesting, plus it would help each person to define their style, for example, we know the hardys, and edge love the ladder or TLC matches...

and it would be cool for ppl like cm punk to define their styles of matches

too bad its like impossible for them to bring back the hardcore belt =/.. vince is gay now...

also i dont think having another belt will be too much, sure they have a lot of belts now, but they only dont mean as much as they should, because no1 competes for them, if u put most of the mid card guys to go for the IC title... the IC champ will actually start looking good.. the problem is WWE is only focusing on the WWE and WHC...

maybe the could use it a the per say ic champ, in ecw. Ecw world and the hardcore champion. there is a start, but i dont see this happening. maybe they will use it as a floater. who ever has it could end up on all three shows.

I think bringing back the Hardcore Championship is a great idea but not for ECW. I still feel they need to end that show and end the brand split. If they end the brand split you will have more competition and a way for wrestlers to move up the ladder without being pushed way to fast. You'd also be able to define the divisions better. I also feel they need to have a Television Championship also for wrestlers who aren't ready for the Intercontinental Championship yet but are ready to be champion. Let me break down the different divisions:

World Heavyweight Championship: obviously for wrestler who are ready to be main eventers.

Intercontinental Championship: for wrestlers who are almost ready to compete in the main event who aren't quite established

Television Championship: for wrestlers who aren't quite ready for the IC Title but are ready to hold a title

Cruiserweight Championship

Hardcore Championship

Women's Championsip

World Tag Team Championsip

Now I know this seems like way too many titles, but with all the talent they have and all the talent ready to move up from OVW and FCW I think it makes sence.

No, I don't think the WWE should bring the Hardcore Championship, unless they got rid of a title. There are already so many championships in the WWE, that adding another one would just muddle things up. There really isn't practical reason to bring back the Hardcore Championship.

Besides I don't think the WWE are too keen on having a lot of hardcore matches anymore, that time seems to have passed.

Flames Out
Dragon

Not a bad idea. They got some good storylines out of the hardcore belt, especially with Crash Holly. I'm definatly in favour of it coming back!
Do it Vince, you know you want to! ;)

Hardcore in my opinion is a great idea to be brought back. Make it on ECW but can be defended on any show. IMO i think that it should be for all divisions, so that we can get interesting match ups.

All matches contested under extreme rules, even cage matches and submission matches ect.

Have it back from Foley make him appear on ECW to defend it in an open match anyone can get the pin.

Have Kane win it and have him beat up people like at WM 17, he would be cool as a hardcore champ. LOL instead of the cut up winged eagle belt have a cut up Spinners belt or a cut up undisputed belt or the Attitude belt.

The only way to win one of the hardcore title matches is Pin or Submission, double KO would result in a draw.

24/7 rule fucked up matches for example one guy got pinned in his sleep, and the title changed in like 5 seconds once. no 24/7 rule although anything goes if an official match is started so there could be interference and such.

I think McMahon is too much of a vag to bring back the hardcore title or even hardcore days.. I think he's more worried about guys getting injuries now a days than ever before..

Even when there is "extreme rules" the matches suck.. They do stuff any of us can perform

I think McMahon is too much of a vag to bring back the hardcore title or even hardcore days.. I think he's more worried about guys getting injuries now a days than ever before..

Even when there is "extreme rules" the matches suck.. They do stuff any of us can perform

Or maybe the fact that wrestling as a whole has evolved over the years and people were getting bored of hardcore wrestling. Things have changed over teh past 5 years and people just need to realise that, even the fact that now it's not hardcore but 'extreme rules'

Or maybe the fact that wrestling as a whole has evolved over the years and people were getting bored of hardcore wrestling. Things have changed over teh past 5 years and people just need to realise that, even the fact that now it's not hardcore but 'extreme rules'

I don't think its the fact that people are gettin bored or wrestling has evolved.. I don't see fans booing when a table is brought out or when there is a ladder involved..

What has wrestling evolved into in the last 5 years?? Right now this is some of the worst product i have ever seen.. Half the people on the roster aren't wrestlers.. They're "superstars".. Most of the matches consist of punch, kick, headlock, repeat..

i think that the ecw title should be defended under hardcore rules.
that would justify having 3 world titles and also make ecw stand out from raw and smackdown.
the wwe really dosent need any more new titles or everyone would be a champion before long!

i think that the ecw title should be defended under hardcore rules.!

I'd agree with that because like I said earliewr wrestling has evovled over the past 5 years, there's less hardcore which means it's more of a suprise when it happens BUT ECW is the place of hardcore their title should be a hardcore title.

I Think That Would Be A Good Idea. I Think I Would Have To Give The Belt To Either Tommy Dreamer, Or Give It To Someone Like Cody Rhodes Just To Give Him A HUGE Push.

ECW has 5 credible wrestlers now. Punk, Morrison, Burke, Cor Von and Thorne. If the HArdcore Title did come back, you could expect the main feud for it to be V vs Boogeyman. If anything, ECW needs more stars.

The hardcore championship was one of the best championships in the wwf during its run. plzzzz bring back this belt. the matches were great, the rules, or lach thereof were great and the 24/7 rule was genius. putting this title on ecw would instantly improve the ratings and also help to build some of the young stars they have there that wont be winning the ecw title for some time, if at all. they could even have wrestlers from raw and sd come to challenge the hardcore champion on ecw on any given night due to the 24/7 rule, which would make this title really unique and add tons of suspence to the ecw brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back