• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What the Hell Happened to MR Kennedy?

I hated the Kennedy...............Kennedy gimmick thing at first. Mostly because the first place I really heard it was on a Smackdown/Raw VG and he sounded like he was ******ed when he would say it the second time.

Then I saw him do it on TV. I was sold on it. Much better emotion.

What happened to Kennedy is that he wanted to be so much like his idol Austin that he decided to get (or was fated to be) injured every six months. The difference is Austin had already established himself solidly when he was injured bad enough to be out for that first stretch. Kennedy hadn't. Also it was a different time, a time when the wrestlers could be more on the edge and less on a wire. I would also say that this whole PG move has limited the programs that a prick character like his could do.

That being said, if Ken can get away from his proneness to injury, he'll end up being ME by the end of that first stretch back. But first he has to shave that damn goatee....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back