• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What the fuck happened to the days of a "short rain"?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Good fucking God, every time it rains here, it rains for like two days straight. And it rains at least once a week. God damnit, QUIT FUCKING RAINING!

Oh, and for this story to make more sense, I have a leaky basement which gets water coming in between the floor and the walls, so everytime we get a hard rain, it soaks like 1/3rd of my basement. Which means hours of drying out. A 15-30 minute rainfall I could take care of fairly quickly, but I can't stay downstairs and shopvac water all day and night.

Fucking ridiculous. Quit fucking raining already.

How big is the leak?

Lately in Sydney we have been getting morning rain only to become sunny later on with the humility at a painful level.

I know the feeling, Sly. We have leaky windows and rain likes to collect on our roof and seep into the walls.

It was bright and sunny not a week ago, and now rain, rain everywhere.

How big is the leak?
It's coming from between the basement outside walls and basement floor. It's also coming from behind the drywall behind my sink/vanity in my downstairs bathroom.

How difficult would it be for you to fix where the leak is coming from?

Between $2500-$3500 apparently.

The real bitch of it is, last spring, before I bought the house, the OTHER side of the basement leaked, and the bill was $2500 to fix that, of which the seller (actually the seller's real estate agent) paid half. Which means I was still out $1250.

I'm just a teacher with no one to share the bills. This type of money is not easy to hand over. I have quite a bit of money in the bank, but blowing a minimum of nearly $4000 isn't exactly easy to do. On top of that, I installed carpet after I had the first water problem fixed...and might have to get new carpeting.

Pisses me off.

Is this where somebody inserts a joke about you living in your parents basement?

Obviously I'm not going to do it as I know you have a 3 story house. (three? Basement, ground floor and then your bedrooms upstairs) right?

of course to stay on subject I know how it feels, It rains here on and off every day during the winter. You can never get anything dry. but you can also never do anything outside cos as soon as you do it starts raining. We get four seasons in one day, every fucking day.

Where I live is ideal, it rains a little bit most of the time, pretty much every other day. It's miserable but at least you don't gets floods or any of that.

I haven't seen rain in nearly 1 1/2 months...

Fuck off. :)

Is this where somebody inserts a joke about you living in your parents basement?
Yes. At this point and time, I WISH I did, because then the repairs wouldn't be coming out of my bank account.

Obviously I'm not going to do it as I know you have a 3 story house. (three? Basement, ground floor and then your bedrooms upstairs) right?
Just do. Don't want an upstairs, just more stairs to climb and more rooms to clean. Just a main level and basement.

And it's a great house, I love it. Except for the basement flooding thing. That pisses me off.

Just do. Don't want an upstairs, just more stairs to climb and more rooms to clean. Just a main level and basement.

And it's a great house, I love it. Except for the basement flooding thing. That pisses me off.

I must have you confused for somebody else then. I swear it was you Jake IP banned for his Lulz one night.

Everything you get, I get about an hour later. Honestly after this shitty winter the rain is welcome.

Rain over here causes major shit. A bridge gets pretty much buried in dirt and flooded and so does my front lawn. Not to mention how ugly it gets when it mixes with the wind.

On top of that, I installed carpet after I had the first water problem fixed...and might have to get new carpeting.

Pisses me off.
Ugh, sorry to hear, that shit is no joke. When my apt. flooded the carpets were soaked and basically became giant bacteria and mold sponges. Got me sick for over a month.
Even after it dries be careful and make sure you're mold/mildew/bacteria free.

Ugh, sorry to hear, that shit is no joke. When my apt. flooded the carpets were soaked and basically became giant bacteria and mold sponges. Got me sick for over a month.
Even after it dries be careful and make sure you're mold/mildew/bacteria free.

Well, I have a carpet shampoo vacuum that I'm using to suck up as much water as possible. So that's helped. But I might still have to replace it, because the carpet pad just never gets a chance to dry out.

Well, I have a carpet shampoo vacuum that I'm using to suck up as much water as possible. So that's helped. But I might still have to replace it, because the carpet pad just never gets a chance to dry out.
Yea, when I pulled up mine the padding was practically black. *gross* My apt club house gave me a big indstruail size fan to help dry the floor quicker after I wet-vac'd the big puddles.

I would feel even more sorry for you if you had the same house but in Panama. It rains there literally everyday for a couple of months and they are hard rains that go on for hours and hours.

But I get what you're saying, down here it will be perfectly sunny for a day then all of a sudden the next day it will be dark and gloomy. I swear Florida weather is bipolar.

It was bright and sunny not a week ago, and now rain, rain everywhere.

Rain-Rain-everywhere.jpg

It's coming from between the basement outside walls and basement floor. It's also coming from behind the drywall behind my sink/vanity in my downstairs bathroom.

If they are small holes/cracks in concrete. Get a flat piece of metal (1mm thick + for durability) place it up to the penetration in the wall/floor and silicon around the edges of the square piece of metal.

If they are small holes/cracks in concrete. Get a flat piece of metal (1mm thick + for durability) place it up to the penetration in the wall/floor and silicon around the edges of the square piece of metal.
Not sure you understand...

_l

See that little space in between the underscore and the "l"? That's where the water is coming in. And it's coming in from many places. Your fix would not work. What they will have to do is jack hammer out part of the basement flooring, and build a water channel to a sump pump to pump the water out. I have one already on the other side of the basement. Have to decide whether I want to go the cheaper route and have another one installed, or go the more expensive route, and have them dig a channel all the way around my basement to the first pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back