What song makes you Happy

LUCYFUR

Dark Match Winner
Have you ever gone through your ipod, mp3 player or Cd's and seen or heard a song you haven't heard in a long time? You listen to the first couple of seconds and smile, whether its because of a memory with the song or if it just makes you feel good. I actually have two songs, my first song is elephant love medley from Moulin rouge. I love this song because it actually has more than one song in it, it's upbeat and just puts a smile on my face. The second song I like is strange and beautiful by Aqualung, This song takes me back to the days when i live by the beach, that's where i first heard the song.

so my question to you is What song or songs make you happy or just put a smile on your face no matter your mood?
Here are the videos

[youtube]TaqYgWc8-vs[/youtube]

[youtube]l9Z_0Vhgl1s[/youtube]

Reactions: Lee
One song that makes me happy and makes me smile is First Straw by 311. Every time that song comes on I relax and just smile.

Mr Roboto - Styx
Christmas Bells - RENT
I Wanna Be A Producer - The Producers
One Day More - Les Miserables
Stars - Les Miserables
Princes Of The Universe - Queen
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Norwegian Wood - The Beatles
Gimme Some Truth - John Lennon
A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Theme Sone
Anthem - Chess
Martha My Dear - The Beatles
The Gonk - Herbert Chappell
1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky
Die Forelle - Schubert
Tonight - West Side Story

A random assortment of songs that often make me happy at the most random of times, many of them I cant even tell you why. Some of these songs such as Christmas Bells or Stars arent really happy songs at all. It's interesting how the most irrelevant of songs can often cheer you up for some reason.

Empire - Kasabian
My way - Limp Bizkit
Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
Highway to hell - Limp bizkit

Just some of them, there is probably loads more

Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangster- The Geto Boys

It's an amazing song, chill, all about what it means to be cool and happy with your life. It's the perfect song to play whether you're wrapping up a night of partying or if you're just driving around with your boys.

Teenage Dirtbag- Wheatus

I remember hearing this song in like 3rd grade and thinking it was awesome, and then stumbling upon it again in high school and being equally in love with the song. In addition to the nostalgia effect I get from it, it's a good story telling song about a loser who can't get the attention of the girl he likes only to learn that she's noticed him all along. It's a heartwarming story and a solid song.

If your talking about songs that make you smile, then well, there is a whole bunch of those. Particular anything Our Lady Peace, their lyrics are spoken of truth and remain pure and their music is often beautiful and calms my very core.

Then there are those songs that have the ability to, no matter what kind of mood I'm in, just relax me and find my center of balance within myself. These songs take me to my happy place, and there are an elite few who can hold this mantel of songs that really make me happy.

[YOUTUBE]NUoe-DgNzWU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nHMRx8tjl0c&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AHdHSmAuk-k[/YOUTUBE]

The last song is done by the lead singer of the band but the song is some of his solo work, which is easily just as inspiring as the stuff from OLP. All beautiful songs in their own right and when ever I listen to them, I do just last. I listen to the music and lyrics and how they all seem to blend in with one and the other and it makes me, for a moment just forget about all the crazy shit that's been going on. Its really a great feeling.

This is going to be strange choices, now that everyone has seen my music collection and knows what I am into... but fuck it. I know its a bit different from my usual stuff but I bloody love these. They never fail to put me in a good mood.

I first heard this track on one of the American Pie films- number 2 I think? I think it was played during a montage where Jim is doing ninja kicks in his room and shatters the light, and Stifler notices Finch groping his balls, which results in Stifler getting hit in the crotch with a football haha.

Anyway, for some reason I always end up smiling, not because of the memories of the film, not because of the lyrics but for some reason it just makes me happy.

[YOUTUBE]hc9k3-fwwYM[/YOUTUBE]

The 2nd one is a song that I re-discovered from an old CD I found in a battered case at the back of the cupboard in my old room at my parents- Hits 98 I think it was.

I just broke out into a massive smile once the song came on, it is such a happy piece of music and the lyrics themselves put me in a good "Carry on smiiiiiling, and the world will smile with you". A lovely song, and while it is euro-pop I dont care. Love the track, and what more can you ask for than a song to make you happy when you are down?

[YOUTUBE]2_yAcJihzx4[/YOUTUBE]

I know there are loads of others, probably "rockier" than these but these 2 spring to mind straight away

For me it could be just about anything by Michael Jackson. I love all his music and it always picks me up. I listen to his stuff pretty much everyday. Here are a couple of songs that really set me in a good mood.

[YOUTUBE]Qo7s4rwLnCI[/YOUTUBE]

Music and Me is so intimate and so heart felt you just can't help but float along with the beat. Michaels' soulful singing at his young age is also very relaxing and uplifting. The lyrics are simple but the message is deep. For me this song says a lot personally. I have always loved music so much, and it's such a big part of my life and who I am, I often think of how music and me have had such a long beautiful relationship much like Michael reminisces in this song.

[YOUTUBE]QnhWML43NI8[/YOUTUBE]

"I can't help It" is another favorite of mine. This "smooth groove" as I like to call it is just so mellow, so relaxed, and funky as well it just gets in there and turns down the flames. To put it simply " I can't help It" when I hear this song. It just sets me in a good mood. If you listen to the lyrics as well it's definitely a love song, and if you are in love with someone like I am, it always makes you feel good to sing songs that express that so handedly.

[YOUTUBE]bKxodgpyGec[/YOUTUBE]

Cee Lo Green - Forget You

Picture this. You've just broke up with your girlfriend, she's pretty much with someone right after the pair of you broke up. Your bummed out, your pissed off, your upset. And suddenly this song comes on the radio and you listen to the lyrics and realise, literally 'Forget You', I don't need you. Literally the perfect song for a break-up and I was able to get sweet revenge in a club once when I saw her with her friends, this comes on, and I literally scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs. She got the message. And it wasn't the toned down version either.

Just makes me happy as larry. :D

Cause I got high - Afro Man.
I just had sex - Akon.
A Boy named Sue - Johnny Cash.

These three are the first that come to mind. I just can't help but smile listening to the lyrics of these songs. I'm not a huge fan of Akon by this single is just brilliant. It's a new enough song so I'll leave the link below.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

I'm not sure why, but The Proclaimers "500 Miles" always gets me in a great mood!

A band that plays in downtown Detroit at a little Irish bar does a great cover of this. Nothing better than drinking your weight in Guiness while listening to The Proclaimers!

My happy song is Metallica's version of "Whiskey in the Jar".

[YOUTUBE]ydOLymm2aRM[/YOUTUBE]​

This song is just upbeat, happy, and all around fun to listen to. I always tell everyone that a party just isn't a party without Whiskey in the Jar. Every time I hear it I can't help but smile and think of good times.

As far as smiling when a rare song comes on, this song takes the cake:

Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
[YOUTUBE]ma9I9VBKPiw[/YOUTUBE]

Here are some others that are in my "HAPPY" playlist:

Make Her Say - Kid Cudi

[YOUTUBE]Xt22KvnRSL4[/YOUTUBE]

The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
(Or pretty much the entire Ska genre)
[YOUTUBE]NIGMUAMevH0[/YOUTUBE]

Mudfootball - Jack Johnson

(Or anything by him)
[YOUTUBE]cDjXMrGLuQw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks guys, nice thread :)

[YOUTUBE]gcF9ICgLqi4[/YOUTUBE]

Haven't met you yet - Michael Bublé never fails to make me happy.

I instantly remember the cute video and couple.

My wife loves that song. We were long distance back when we dated (she was in California while I was in Texas) and that was one of the songs that always reminded her of us. :)

Anyways, my pick stems from something similar. Back when I was single I used to listen to No One Like You by The Scorpions a lot. I have enjoyed rock music my whole life, especially tracks that are both catchy and heavy. This song is no different. However the lyrics really spoke to me because it reminded me that I had something to look forward to with the girl of my dreams after I finally meet her. Looking back on that song now, those same feelings come back and it brings a smile to my face knowing that I made the right decision.

[YOUTUBE]gcF9ICgLqi4[/YOUTUBE]

As a Michael Bublé fan, I have to say that is a great pick. I love the music video and got a laugh out of the end. ;)

Anyway, a song that has been making me smile and looking back fondly at memories is Here's To the Night by Eve 6. I remember hearing it for the first time after I graduated high school while I was looking at a collage I made (each graduating senior had to make one) with pictures of me as a baby, a toddler, and a middle schooler. I literally cried but it was a good cry. I always feel happy when I hear it. :)

[youtube]Q_qnT7YV-Hc[/youtube]

Back when I was single I used to listen to No One Like You by The Scorpions a lot.

Yes! That is one of my favorite Scorpions song along side Still Lovin You and ofcourse Rock You Like A Hurricane. :D

For me it's Call Me Irresponsible by Frank Sinatra
[YOUTUBE]nR8yeOI0C-I[/YOUTUBE]

This is one that my fiance and I have already decided we'll have at our wedding so it makes me think about that day coming and it makes me think of her. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back