What one thing will Rey Mysterio be most remembered for?

his rumble win was such a joke kinda ruined the integrity of the rumble, and then to win at mania when he obviously shouldnt.

I don't agree with you on that, Mysterio's win did not touch the integrity of the Rumble. Hell, if Jim Duggan or Vince McMahon can win it, then anyone can.

Although, I will point out that the WWE made it crystal clear how little faith they had in Mysterio as a serious main eventer. Firstly, the winner of the rumble, almost every year prior, had gone on to be in the closing match at that year's WrestleMania. The World Title triple threat match at WrestleMania 22 was the third to last match, rather than the actual main event. On top of that, the Royal Rumble match itself had been the main event of the night since 1998(Michaels vs. Taker). And yet Rey Mysterio's 2006 Royal Rumble win was followed by John Cena vs. Edge and Mark Henry vs. Kurt Angle, not stellar matches by any stretch of the imagination. Every Royal Rumble match since has closed the show.

WWE did not feel Rey's title chase and victory was worthy enough to truly honour the tradition that they had set.

Yea to me mysterio will be remembered for a couple things. But the one thing i will remember, is his size and always being the ultimate underdog. That and the mask made him what he is today, being so popular and over with the crowd. Just glad to see Myserio going out while he still has time left. I wouldhate to see him go out on a wheelchair and basically not be able to walk. I wouldnt want to see that happen to any wrestle, except for hogan and flair, they deserve it just because they dont know when to quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back