• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Is Next For Umaga?

seanvangster

Occasional Pre-Show
After two straight loss to Cena..im guessing the feuding between them is finally finish...Rummor is been spreading arround that the Main Event at WM for the WWE Champion might be a fatal four way between HBK, Edge, Orton, and Cena or Taker vs Cena since he won the RR.

As for Umaga...i believe WWE gona used him like when he first came..."beating up low cards, or jobers every week...Just like the great khali

His match with Val(low card) on raw 1/29/07 was terrible...lasted 2 min..

I would like to see a Umaga/Khali fued but i doubt that will happen..

Any ideas to whether whats gonna happen to Umaga..who will he feud next, will he jump shows, or is this the last time we seen Umaga with the WWE?

I could see him going for the IC title, possably a triple threat match with Khali and Jeff Hardy thrown in the mix, then maybe Umaga vs. Khali for the IC title at WM

i think he should go to SmackDown, he could replace Undertaker and maybe challenge Batista at WrestleMania, Umage Vs. Khali would really suck both have zero promo skills and neither would make a good face so that wont happen.

umaga has estrada to promo for him, its imo what makes the gimmick work. i think there should be some upper card talent move to smackdown especially if taker is really going to stay on raw. umaga would be a good choice and could rekindle a fued with kane, or a finlay if the irishman turns face in the coming weeks.

perhaps even injecting some life into ecw and go for umaga v lashley v monty brown (or marcus cor vor whatever they call him) at mania.

if he is to stay on raw i'd go with the jeff hardy idea, would give jeff a bit of a push by giving him a different type of opponent than we've seen him with since his return.

I think Umaga, after squashing a couple of jobbers, should win the IC Title on Raw(2/19/07) the night after No Way Out. I would do this for two reasons:

1) They are setting up an MNM vs. Hardy Boyz type match at Mania, I believe. If it were to happen then Jeff wouldn't need the belt. Besides WM23 needs an IC Title match.
and
2) Umaga proved he is capable of having a good matches in big situations. At WM23 I see him coming in as IC Champion and facing either Carlito, Super Crazy or both in a triple threat match.

As far as going to ECW, nothing is going to save that sinking ship. Why even bother? As for Smackdown, maybe down the road they could do that. Besides we don't even know for sure Taker is coming to Raw.

i agree with you, Umaga deserves another Title Shot, Maybe for the IC or who knows, could be in the Money in the Bank match at WM23, with King Sucker, Kane, Mrrrrr Kenedyyyyyyy, MVP and maybe Carlito. (hopefully Kenedy wins this 1) :headbanger:

I think Umaga will be pushed down to midcard and feud with whoever ends up being the Intercontinental Champion in the following weeks. He'll probably end up being the IC champ sometime in the near future.

i think he should go to smackdown and possible feud with chris benoit,personally i think it would be good,but i dont think that is gonna happen anytime soon.

If it were up to me, the next thing for Umaga would be the unemployment line. Bad, tired gimmick, limited wrestling arsenal and zero mic skills equal a gigantic waste of time. No wonder he gets absolutely no reaction from the crowd.

In reality, we all know Vinnie Mac is in love with him, so we can expect to see him around for a while. I predict that he will either feud with Jeff Hardy for the IC Title or go over to SmackDown! and get the same big invincibility push that he received on Raw, leading up to a shot at the WHC.

Jamal, I man UMAGA wasa great idea to start, but if they dont change these squash matches and put him up against his match, then people will get bored. Will JH be his match? honestly after what we've seen over the past year, no. If you compare how Umaga is fighting to how Hardy is, Umaga wold easily win. Itt just wouldnt make sense if he was challenged by Jeff. Either they would have to amazingly have a storyline making Jeff superman, or extremely crappen Jamal..DAMN i mean UMAGA's ability. The ECW idea of shipping him off to fight for title is where i see him going and personally i like the freshness

I do believe he has aspects of good wrestling qualities, but as stated his gimmick holds him back. Watch some old jamal and rosey segments, he was quite good.

The gimmick holds him back?, well he certainly wasnt going for the WWE title with Rico hangind off his dreadlocks. Although I see where abyss is coming from. He was quite good in 3MW. I think that Estrada is the best manager in the WWE right now, even his name is catchy, To be honest i was pleading for Umaga to win at NYR, not because i hate Cena (which i do) but because having a monster with a great manager who cuts decnt promos would be a good balance. And the oppurtunity for cheting is always open

Yeh, perhaps but think about his savage gimmick he can't do any real wrestling moves can he? Sure he wasn't that great as Jamal but he did wrestle a bit more.

But im sure Kane and Big show do real wrestling moves(or did). And jamals moves? a big splash and a samoan drop. At least we can identify (albeit hate) his moves now. Samoan Spike, the hurty neck snapper Rikishi crap

I'm with the rest of you guys after loosing to Cena twice which suck by the way. Umage needs some thing new I really belive that Umaga Vs. Khali would be great. Yes I know that none of them could cut a promo to save thier lives, but with estrada on Umagas side cutting promos for him its not that bad. So just bring back Davari to help Khali with his promos. Bring back Davari and have Khali Win the IC belt rigth before WM then have a big fued on how the bigger monster I wouldn't mind watching that at all.

Umaga will evidentally fade away, due to WWE having nothing for him, like they have so many times in the past....

Umaga will leave the WWE, and go to Ring Of Honor to replace Samoa Joe. He'll beat Homicide in a squash match to become the RH champion, and will hold the belt for the next year... Seriously.

Do what they do to every other failed RAW or Smackdown wrestler, ship em off to ECW and have RVD or Sabu job to him in under 7 mins. Simple really.

Umaga will leave the WWE, and go to Ring Of Honor to replace Samoa Joe. He'll beat Homicide in a squash match to become the RH champion, and will hold the belt for the next year... Seriously.

No way could Umaga work in ROH. They require people to actually wrestle, and sell offense. Umaga does a poor job at both. Samoa Joe is a very athletic big man who is skilled in submission holds and highly capable of putting on five star matches. Umaga isn't fit to shine his shoes, let alone sufficiently take his place in ROH.

since he has beaten mostly everybody from RAW its better that he is moved to SD! so he can make an impact and maybe win the WHC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back