• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catlmutln187

Seeing as TNA is starting to become a major player in the wrestling world and they clearly dont have much love for WWE, does anyone think that if WSX got big enough the two companies would join together or cross promote to take Vinny Mac Down ? Im only thinking this because Wrestling Society X has gotten pretty solid ratings. The show itself is mediocre but their are plenty of people in it who would be great in TNA.

Does anyone else think that TNA and WSX teaming up could be in the future ?

no, I think the odds of that happening would as likely as the old ECW joining forces with the old WCW, not happening, if TNA where going to have joint buisness relationship with anybody to take down WWE it should be ROH, TNA should help them get a tv deal, WSX only problem from what I've seen so far is that they have only 30 mins. so their matches are way to short, WSX could benefit from an hour, and less crazy explosions, they are kind of annoying

if ted turner gave tna sum cash, tna would be waaaaaayyyyy better then wwe
plus if wsx joinned them that would be crazy. there would be like 50 guys in the x-division and like 4 more guy 4 the regual hewavy weight divison

Well since TNA got hammered going up against raw and WSX was just canned after 3 episodes, I can say it will never happen now. But with how cheesy the WSX was I don't think it would have made an impact, they didn't have any real names to push and it would have harmed TNA's rep due to how poorly the WSX was booked.

I wouldn't mind if they cross-promoted with ROH, which they already kind of do with their "talent-sharing" agreement. As to whether that would bring the ratings in, I simply don't know. Even if it did, I highly doubt it'd bring TNA onto a level to compete with WWE. With time TNA will grow, but it has to be cautious with what it does and not change its shows dramatically, which is what Vince Russo is slowly doing.

well since wsx is cancelled they should just sell to TNA and that would at lease get them a better roster

tna can grow and i have nt bothered o watch wsx cause any show with a wrestler as crap as vampiro as there champion deserves to go off air, and also the idea of fusing wsx with tna is stupid but the idea of fusing tna with roh sounds great, which would add yet more talented wrestlers to the tna roster

it will not happen....that simple but imagine this
teddy hart vsaj styles vs jack evans vs chris sabin ladder match

I wouldn't mind if they cross-promoted with ROH, which they already kind of do with their "talent-sharing" agreement. As to whether that would bring the ratings in, I simply don't know. Even if it did, I highly doubt it'd bring TNA onto a level to compete with WWE. With time TNA will grow, but it has to be cautious with what it does and not change its shows dramatically, which is what Vince Russo is slowly doing.

Right on the money. ROH has that original ECW cult-like following in the NE and by sharing TNA talent with ROH, more interest is being generated in both promotions. I think that ROH is key in popularizing TNA in the NE, N-central part of the US. The important thing is to build TNA slowly and not trying to take things too fast. The more solid that it becomes as a company, the more valuable they will become as an on-air product. I firmly believe that once they move to a 2 hour show, we will be seeing the beginning of a major player that will have Vince shaking in his boots. I agree that Russo is playing his cards right, and it should be noted that some of the talent on WSX is also in ROH, so TNA does have some access to these individuals when the time is right.

I have to say that other than such a poor show, WSX has some amazing talent. I have watched all the shows. Here's the break down, WSX's show is too fast. The show is all over the place. Confusing. You all might think they have a joke of a champ, but Vampiro is an awesome wrestler. HOWEVER, he has packed on too much weight and moves alot slower than before. I don't know about all of you, but Teddy Hart is simply INCREDIBLE. He needs to be in the WWE in the pink and black and could EASILY become the next HITMAN. He probably will have more success than any other 2nd or 3rd generation wrestler if given the chance. I was completely impressed with his performance.

As for a WSX and TNA merger? NO WAY. WSX has no REAL heavyweights. I see all midcard wrestlers pretty much. That would be a huge mistake IMO. TNA just needs that dog gone 2nd hour!

WSX ratings are due to being on MTV, NOTHING MORE. PERIOD. No other explinations. TNA got their butts handed to them going head to head with RAW. BUT, What about going head to head with ECW OR SD!? I think TNA stands a good chance of taking one of those shows especially ECW. ECW is weak having Lashley as champ. Lashley outright sucks. They have alot better wrestlers on thier roster that could handle it better. Personally myself, I would love to see Hardcore Holly get the strap. He has been a long time jobber in the WWE and has earned a chance as he is doing better than he has ever done in ECW.

Thats my thoughts.

I think TNA should do everything in their power to avoid going head-to-head with WWE, ever.

Sure, you may be taking away a portion of the audience away from your competion (or in TNA's case, handing an even larger portion back to them) but overall, you're limiting your own exposure. So say WWE draws a 3.0 rating and so does TNA (hypothetically) on seperate nights. They then go head-to-head and they both draw 1.5 (or one draws 1.0 and the other 2.0, whatever), even if you beat your competition you're still taking a chunk out of your own ratings to do so.

People always talk about TNA vs. WWE as this whole "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" thing. Why can't the two co-exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back