What do you miss about being 13?

So, recently I came across this article on soulpancake asking this question and I wondered what you guys miss.

What I miss is being so naive, playing on the original xbox, watching shows like recess and kenan and kel and experimenting with alcohol.

Yourselves?
What, were you a fucking amateur chemist or something? Were you in a pristine white lab coat surrounded by bunsen burners, clipboard in hand, recording as yet unheard of theoretical data?

Being much more open minded to ideals, beliefs, and religious values. I question everything, because I tend to think about things far too much. I tend to bring my "work home" in that clients who are depressed tend to dig at my softer side.

Fuck all. Being a teenager's shit. You don't talk to girls, you don't have any fun, you have to march around on Sundays. Oh, maybe not everyone did that, but I did. I suppose I'd be happy to have the amount of casual acquaintances I had then, but probably wouldn't want the same ones.

10 years ago for me, if I knew then what I know now I would have made the most of it so much more. Being 13 was everything, I felt like I had unlimited potential. Everything was fresh, new and exciting. WRESTLING was very enjoyable to watch, everything in the media seemed more edgy in 2001 during the time I was 13: South Park, Jackass, WWF Attitude etc etc. Until 9/11 the world seemed like a much more peaceful place. Wars seemed like a thing of the past (Even though they were still happening in other countries) you just didn’t hear about them. 9/11 happens and the world flips upside down. No one knows who they can trust anymore. And over the last decade we’ve had a decline in the wrestling business, war, global insecurity, recession and global cataclysms…

Oh to be 13 again.

Honestly.. I don't remember what it was like then. Was only 11 years ago, but shit, I don't even remember being 19 :shrug:
I suppose if I had to guess, I'd say that I had no major responsibility.

Well that was a long time ago thats for sure!

I miss not having to pay bills or having so much responsibilities thats for damn sure. I mean I love my wife and son don't get me wrong but sometimes I think it would be great to be able to be a kid again for a little while and have your parents take care of everything for me. It would be great to see my granddad again to, he was really awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back