• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you miss ECW?

I loved ECW. A lot of people just hate it because of the name, and not for what the show actually was. Christian on the show was amazing because he was the top guy, something he deserves to be on Smackdown right now. Christian's matches on ECW with whoever were always highlights of the week in the WWE.

Shelton Benjamin, Zack Ryder, and William Regal made the show enjoyable too.

And like others have said, CM Punk, John Morrison, The Miz, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, etc all got their first pushes here, and I miss seeing the show to see who would be the future of the WWE

Not one bit. It was a storage closet for the talent that had nothing in the main roster. It was never given any credit or credibility. It could provide as many good matches as it want's but it doesn't change wants under the mask. As soon as there was talent that showed promise, it was immediately plucked out and placed on the main brands. It was a glorified Farm territory with an international TV deal and a belt with no continuity. It was a waste of time and money.
The belt was the most consistently defended, most prominently featured midcard championship in the WWE over the last few years. Rather than letting talent rot in developmental, they were called to ECW to get over with a national audience (following which, many immediately went on to major pushes). The show filled holes in the title scene or roster very efficiently. It toured with the B-show (which saved money). It was the highest rated show on Sci Fi and brought in ad revenue.

How was it a waste of time or money?

I think WWECW was nice. It pushed some of WWE's brightest stars into the light. Need I mention that last night 2 ECW alumni won titles(Sheamus and...Alicia. I know, hardly an accomplishment) and another one defended his world title? (Unsuccessfully, but still) ECW catapulted the careers of many. Majority of the card yesterday was filled with ECW alumni. Without WWECW, none of these guys would be here.

As for NXT, I think it's horrible. I like how it's bringing in the new talent at a quicker pace, but this is also a horrible idea. They're forcing all of these superstars down our throats, with barely any time to react before they are eliminated or what have you. The season ran too quickly in my opinion. If they drew it out a bit, I may be able to stomach it.

Absolutely. I have to say it was the show i watched the most out of the three brands. I don't think anyone would disagree that the name ECW was completely wrong for it, but i enjoyed seeing what was essentially a developmental show with main roster talent every week. without the ECW show we wouldn't have gotten the early glimpses of some excellent stars we have now. John Morrison, the Miz, CM Punk, Sheamus, Evan Bourne and Zack Ryder all got to show the personalities they have now because of that show. NXT is just a glorified version of Tough Enough with Michael Cole on commentary. ooh. i'm getting the chills just thinking about it. or maybe thats nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back