• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your favorite silly pro wrestling match staples?

The idea that running to and bouncing off the ropes before you do a move makes it more powerful as opposed to just grabbing the guy right away and doing your move ASAP.

When Ric Flair goes to the top rope, you KNOW he is going to get thrown off the turnbuckle before doing his move

Bully Ray dives off the top rope for a back splash...EVERY TIME he fails. I do not think I have ever seen him land that move.

The fact that wrestlers walk out to the ring, to call out an opponent and challenge them to a fight. Why not just do it backstage? You are probably 1 dressing room away from the other guy, just go and confront him. Why walk away from him, to go to the ring to make him follow you out there?!

The fact that wrestlers walk out to the ring, to call out an opponent and challenge them to a fight. Why not just do it backstage? You are probably 1 dressing room away from the other guy, just go and confront him. Why walk away from him, to go to the ring to make him follow you out there?!

Haha! To that end, how about when one guy is FURIOUS at another---he insulted or hit his wife, he insulted a dead relative, he destroyed his cherished property. Whatever the reason, wrestler A is fit to be tied and can't wait to get his hands on Wrestler B. Finally, they have a match and a few seconds into it, they are in a headlock or arm bar. The pre-match interviews would make you think he is going to rip his arm off and beat him to death with it, but this guy is "working a limb" to pay off later. haha!

Great job guys! I had no idea this thread would get such great reactions and responses. Hilarious and true.

I have to go with moves like the Worm or the Peoples Elbow where the person doing the move just stands there and taunts. Five Knuckle Shuffle is another example. You want to counter these moves? Stand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back