We are World Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flava Flav's PMing Bitch

Dark Match Winner
Okay so I’ve been bubbling this one over in the old brain for a while now and wanted to get some peoples thoughts on it.

Right now TNA’s main stable is of course the MEM which for the most part is boring, a group of old timers do the same thing they’ve done before.

But World Elite is something fairly new, an anti-American stable made up of superstars from different countries instead of the tired old anti-American stable with superstars from one country.

But to get to the point, we’ve seen Anti-American stables before and they’re fairy stupid IMO. What I’ve been thinking about is World Elite should not be Anti-American but a group that claims to be made up of the best wrestlers from around the world, and they should toss someone like Angle on as the leader, and Joe to the mix and make this the top heel stable on TNA. It would be something new and fresh at least newer than MEM, and would certainly help push some of the younger talent in the group.

Thoughts, praise, insults, money, let me have it.

The World Elite is great as is. They are one of best Anti American stables I have seen in recent years. I love watching their promos and their matches. In my eyes, they are the some of the best from their respective countries/background/nationalities. If they were built to take over like the MEM was, they even have all the players to do it properly. EY would be the one for the World Title, Bashir for the X Title or Legends, Kiyoshi could win the one that Bashir does not win, and Brutus and Doug can be tag champs. The only member I do not like so far is Rob Terry, in my opinion he has shown me nothing exciting to make me watch or enjoy him.

On to your topic though, I feel that stable would be great, but it would not make sense, why would Angle step down and lead such a large stable. EY is great in the role of leader of the WE and I do not see that changing any time soon. The only way it would really push the younger talent in the eyes of TNA would be to put them against the so called has beens of yester-year in Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Booker T, and so on. They are good where they are and how they are right now, no need to change them. I think after the MEM is finally disbanded the WE will stick around for a while and have their turn at domination and I cannot wait to see it happen.

The World Elite has alot of potential, but the problem is that TNA never gives them enough time on television. It too busy with MEM stuff. I thought they were setting up something up Kiyoshi/Bashier and Sabin/Shelly after the riot, but it's been dropped or forgotten about. That's why TNA needs a second show to showcase the other talent on the roster.

The World Elite is doing great right now. I love their promos, and I think Eric Young is slowly turning into a tremndous leader of the World Elite. I can understand where your coming from with the "lets try something different approach". Kurt is doing just fine as the godfather of the mafia, and Samoa Joe has the X Division championship, so I don't think they need to go down this road.

Maybe it's because I have not been following TNA very closely, but where is Eric Young 'from?' He said something about Europe on thursday, but it didn't click. Also, maybe it's just me, but doesn't 'World Elite' sound like something out of a comic book, perhaps Superman's enemies?
Sadly, being that TNA impact has become MEM Impact, I don't think this group will have much of anything going their way besides being used for the occasion 'riot' angle against the faces

Maybe it's because I have not been following TNA very closely, but where is Eric Young 'from?'

EY is from Canada...

Anyway, I think the current direction of World Elite is going pretty well. Their ring abilities and promos are pretty good for a bunch of workers who previously had barely any spotlight time. The only thing they need to do is keep Bashir off of the mic. While I think he has decent promo skills, he spouts the same old rhetoric that would have been effective maybe 6 years ago at the beginning of the Iraq War....or even during the Hogan era as he faced off against "Iraqi Sympathizer" Sgt. Slaughter...

I think the reason the World Elite are as effective as they are is the British Invasion. They are the brightest stars in the stable, which is a shame for Eric Young because this is really supposed to be his coming-out-party....oh well, as long as it makes for interesting TV, I'll watch.

The general consensus in this threat seems to that the WE is doing pretty good or is doing great as it is. I don't know that I agree.

Now, I think that ERIC YOUNG, is doing great but the WE in and of itself hasn't done shit all to impress me in the least. Eric Young is doing some great promos, is obviously the leader and is the only one of the bunch that has shown real charisma in my opinion.

Most other members of the WE they just...well they're just there. With the exception of all being from foreign countries, which I admit is something that's key given the nature and direction TNA is taking for the group, they haven't really brought anything else that's entertaining to the faction in and of itself.

With what the WE overall has done, which amounts to little more than a few beatdowns here and there, EY could take nearly any group of foreign wrestlers and do exactly what the WE has done already. I find myself comparing the British Invasion, Kyoshi and Bashir to session musicians in a recording studio with EY as the actual recording artist. He could accomplish what he's done with just about any body else.

I guess my point is that the other members of WE need to step it up.

i would like to see possibably around bound for glory a split between the mem and world elite, with world elite taking out the mafia and taking over tna leading up to a lethal lockdown between world elite and team tna. with team tna eventually winning and taking back what rightfully is there`s. also i think world elite is doing a fantastic job especially the british invasion (go brits), and is something that could run and run if done properly (i.e. no vince russo outside interference at all). also i think in my opinion the promo bashir did the week before last actually rang true if you really listen to it and forget the person that is saying it, it made a lot of sense and the fans chanting usa usa usa (yes is there god given right), but seriously most of if not all the american fans (mainly and some others as well) are xenophobic (fear/hatred of foreigners). i love the angle with world elite and i`m supporting them all the way to the top of the ladder of tna. i know it`s been a bit of a rant but this is my opinion and my right to do so.

i honestly think that for right now the stable is fine as is. daivari is making the group's gimmick more and more believable with his rants and with eric young preaching to hernandez and others about how the u.s. is holding them back adds to it. for now i think they should leave it as is, and then maybe sometime farther down the line maybe go to the "we're the best wrestlers from around the world" idea.

I really hope most of you are right and WE will get the chance to become something bigger, and better now the line. Also it is nice to know I'm not the only would who is really enjoying WE week after week.

But to get to the point, we’ve seen Anti-American stables before and they’re fairy stupid IMO.

But they aren't stupid. They constantly and always draw good heel heat, and in quick fashion. You could group together all of the same individuals and none of them on their own could gain the same reaction they are getting right now - for being American hating immigrants.

Anti-American stables work. Simple as.

What I’ve been thinking about is World Elite should not be Anti-American but a group that claims to be made up of the best wrestlers from around the world,

Isn't this what they are, to begin with though? I mean yes they're a group of Un-American Wrestlers - but their entire purpose is to point out their hatred for America, while at the same time proclaiming to be the greatest in the rest of the World.

So, for the most part this is what they're already trying to come across in saying to the World.

and they should toss someone like Angle on as the leader, and Joe to the mix and make this the top heel stable on TNA. It would be something new and fresh at least newer than MEM, and would certainly help push some of the younger talent in the group.

What would the purpose be in bringing in Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe? If you did that, it'd then become NO different than MEM, or Frontline. A group that has Joe or Angle involved is nothing more than a focus point on those two individuals, with no one else getting as much focus or push.

Eric Young, Bashir, and the British Invasion are all reaping the benefits of this group because separately they didn't get this much attention. Sure, Bashir has been doing the "I'm against being profiled" since he became a mainstream Superstar, and Young has had several opportunities to become something but usually only joke-worthy.

But now, they have a true opportunity to become better than they've all separately ever been.

And once more, adding a guy like Joe or Angle wouldn't push any of the "younger" guys - it'd push Joe or Angle, as they don't need to be lumped into a group to get over, as Young, Bashir & the British Invasion need otherwise.

I like the World Elite and giving the right booking/ talent they could be a lot more over and better than MEM. I would change the people though since thier name is the world elite have some of the best wrestlers from around the world. I would have these 2 factions fight at TNA's version of War Games for Control and just destory MEM and be the new dominate group and this way you have some a mix of young and veteran stars. Not just 50 + washed up wrestlers.

Eric Young- Mouth Piece/Leader of the group
Hernandez-Body Guard for EY and go after World Title
Great Muta- Major star and bring in name Recognition for group. Go after Legends title
Trish Stratus- Go After Womens title/ Valet
Petey Williams-X-division title. Have Trish as Valet/ could go for World title also
British Invasion- Go after TNA Tag Titles
Tajiri-X-division Title
Senshi/Low-Ki- Tag with Tajiri and go after IWGP titles/ X-divison title
Bashir- Bring major heat to group based on his promos/actions. Go after X-division.
William Regal-Take Rob Terry's spot and manage British Invasion

Well thats it for the group. Let me know what you all think. Who would you replace/add to the group!

I was amazed by bashirs promo on his country. It really brought me back to his time in wwe. It was awesome the way EY shaved his hair as tradition or whatever. I'm just really happy with the way it's panning out

I think the WE has a lot of potential.

However, I am just not buying Eric Young as a top level Heel. He's starting to grow on me a little, but I just don't believe it.

Also, we had the Horsemen, nWo, lWo, Raven's Flock in WCW all at the same time.

While that worked then, I just wouldn't want TNA to become nothing but Stables.

I like the group as it is, and wouldn't bring anyone else into it.

I also wouldn't have the angle last too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back