What happened to World Elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spillz3000

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now don't get me wrong I was never a huge fan of the stable but last night it pretty much looked like World Elite silently broke up. Here are some examples and I may be a little off cause I was going back and fourth from watching Impact and Raw so bare with me.

1. Homicide turns on Kiyoshi during the asylum match and there was no further explanation of why he did so.

2. I can be very wrong but I didn't see TNA's Global Champion Eric Young once during the broadcast who happens to be the leader of that stable.

3. Since Beer Money Inc. got jumped they decided not to put a replacement to go against The British Invasion who are the TNA Tag Team Champions.

4. Nash was running around causing rauckous with his buddies from old nWo and not once was there mention of him being a World Elite member. It leads me to believe that Nash pretty much silently left the stable as well. With him having the Tag Title briefcase I can understand that and I can see the Outsiders cashing their shots in for the future.

Now I'm sure there was more signs but those are the most prominent ones that I noticed for last night. My question is to all of you. Is the stable done? If so what do you think will happen with the remaining members and what will there roles be?

For one if the stable is done I believe it's very beneficial for the X-Division and Tag Divisions as there will be more contenders. Hopefully Eric Young or TNA gets rid of that stupid rule for the Global Championship and we can see Eric Young defend it on a regular basis. Homicide should definitely establish himself as a threat in the X-Division and hopefully re-unite with Hernandez cause the Hernandez/Morgan team does nothing for me. The British Invasion is fine by itself and should continue doing their thing in the Tag Division. As far as Kiyoshi I guess a fued with Homicide is not a bad start and they can see where they go from there.

What are your thoughts?

World Elite was the biggest waste of space of a stable. For some members, it was completely unnecessary (EY, BI), for some it was just a place to see out their tenure as do-nothings (Bashir, Kyoshi).

The only decent thing that came out of the whole debacle was Homicide turning heel, which would've worked just fine with him not joining their ranks. It was a boring, poorly marketed and booked stable that's better off not mentioned in the annalls of TNA history.

World Elite was at least something different, and something involving young WRESTLERS who could build feuds and build talent. What is Hogan, Hall, Nash and Waltman? Their stable (and it's coming) can't build towards any kind of payoff because none of them can wrestle! There's nothing to be gained from it because no matches can come from it, and any match that does come from it will be horrible and not draw a dime. It's a far more meaningless 'stable' because it builds towards nothing, builds feuds that can't have any kind of payoff. This is why TNA fails, time and time again.

Now don't get me wrong I was never a huge fan of the stable but last night it pretty much looked like World Elite silently broke up. Here are some examples and I may be a little off cause I was going back and fourth from watching Impact and Raw so bare with me.

1. Homicide turns on Kiyoshi during the asylum match and there was no further explanation of why he did so.

2. I can be very wrong but I didn't see TNA's Global Champion Eric Young once during the broadcast who happens to be the leader of that stable.

3. Since Beer Money Inc. got jumped they decided not to put a replacement to go against The British Invasion who are the TNA Tag Team Champions.

4. Nash was running around causing rauckous with his buddies from old nWo and not once was there mention of him being a World Elite member. It leads me to believe that Nash pretty much silently left the stable as well. With him having the Tag Title briefcase I can understand that and I can see the Outsiders cashing their shots in for the future.

Now I'm sure there was more signs but those are the most prominent ones that I noticed for last night. My question is to all of you. Is the stable done? If so what do you think will happen with the remaining members and what will there roles be?

For one if the stable is done I believe it's very beneficial for the X-Division and Tag Divisions as there will be more contenders. Hopefully Eric Young or TNA gets rid of that stupid rule for the Global Championship and we can see Eric Young defend it on a regular basis. Homicide should definitely establish himself as a threat in the X-Division and hopefully re-unite with Hernandez cause the Hernandez/Morgan team does nothing for me. The British Invasion is fine by itself and should continue doing their thing in the Tag Division. As far as Kiyoshi I guess a fued with Homicide is not a bad start and they can see where they go from there.

What are your thoughts?

The only time they showed EY was when Flair came into the building and was shaking hands with everybody. It seems that the World Elite fell off the face of the earth after the Main Event Mafia disbanded...Shhh don't tell Steiner LOL Who, very strangely, wasn't on the show either which made no sense when the "band" got back together.

Homicide never really fit into WE, Kiyoshi is on the brink of being fired and has turned into a glorified jobber, Bashir was fired, and the only good thing that really came out of WE was the British Invasion. I'm sure like most storylines, they will just disband completely with no real reason whatsoever and were just supposed to forget all about it just because the creative team has. :shrug:

A lot of questions didn't get answered last night... Absolutely a waste of a first hour... Why wouldn't they kick it off with the young bucks... Get the new fans to say wow this place actually can wrestle... instead the only thing were watching was AJ/Angle and prolly only 1.6 people watched it because by the time TNA mentioned the match was going to happen, half the people were watching the best there is the best there was and the best there will ever be.

A lot of questions didn't get answered last night... Absolutely a waste of a first hour... Why wouldn't they kick it off with the young bucks... Get the new fans to say wow this place actually can wrestle... instead the only thing were watching was AJ/Angle and prolly only 1.6 people watched it because by the time TNA mentioned the match was going to happen, half the people were watching the best there is the best there was and the best there will ever be.

What are you talking about? To start off the show, they had the steel asylum with the "young bucks"! AJ/Angle didn't happen until the end of the show...Were you somehow watching it in reverse or something? LOL Instead of a steel asylum match, I would have rather much preferred a gauntlet match to determine the contenders for the X Division and we could have avoided the DQ debacle.

Nash isn't part of WE. Nash is simply there because Eric hired him.

The WE was made to combat the MEM. Now that MEM is gone, there certainly is no purpose for the WE. Frankly, if it goes away quietly as it seems, it's a nice way to end a group that was doomed from the start. That was truly a group where nobody benefited from being involved in it, except possibly Eric.

I never liked World Elite all that much. Eric was the only cool member of it. The british Invasion are alight but have been getting boring. I never cared for Homicide, hated Bashir, and I don't recall Kiyoshi ever doing anything whatsoever with the stable but stand around.

I wouldn't say they have quietly disbanded because the emphasis of monday's show was supposed to be on the "new" people. People like World Elite and Steiner will probably return on the next Impact. If they don't, then that is when we can begin wondering if the group disbanded. I personally wouldn't mind if the group did disband because other than Eric I wasn't that entertained by any of them. I think that Eric will eventually feud with someone for the Global title even though he has that rule about only defending it outside of the states, not sure who though. The British Invastion will likely lose their tag titles. Bashir's gone. Homicide will probably enter a random pointless filler feud.... and Kiyoshi, who knows or cares?

I'd like to think they're not breaking up, because at least the core of the Brits and EY is good for me. Bashir leaving actually has a negative effect, even though he rarely did anything in the ring. Kiyoshi has been a waste of space since he arrived, and Rob Terry is hopefully leaving TNA, if not the stable.

After Monday's actions though, I'm pretty sure World Elite is just going to quietly disband, with the Brits going their way with the belts, and EY going off on his own, which he's always been best at anyway.

What are you talking about? To start off the show, they had the steel asylum with the "young bucks"! AJ/Angle didn't happen until the end of the show...Were you somehow watching it in reverse or something? LOL Instead of a steel asylum match, I would have rather much preferred a gauntlet match to determine the contenders for the X Division and we could have avoided the DQ debacle.

Dude... Young Bucks doesn't mean the young stars. They're a tag team TNA just signed, that are being compared to The Hardyz, and even being called a better version. People are saying they should have opened with them vs. MCMG.

As for the World Elite, they were never that good anyway. Bashir and Kiyoshi were just useless, and had no place there, then Homicide had the character of someone who was out for himself, yet chose to be part of world elite? As for The British Invasion, they're fine as they are- no need for a stable within a stable. Then EY was the only person who benefitted, simply because he could say he was a stable leader. As for Nash, he never belonged in the stable, and shouldn't have joined.

Nash to me was never in the group, but needed something to do after the MEM was disbanded, now with the 'Band' back - he does.

The stable like most, never got a chance to do much, but at least it gave some wrestlers TV exposure and something to do.

The only ones who got any success from that group was EY, the BI and Homicide (slightly). Other than that, it was a failure. The MEM got everyone a piece of the cake, and it seems the only time that the World Elite has a good go, was when they were involved in gang warfare with MEM.

To hell with them, they failed to make an impact, and that's a pivotial part of having a stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back