Is there really a place for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock

Resident sig maker and TNA mark
Now you may be wondering, looking at the title, what "it" is, exactly. Well "it" is, in fact, the newest stable in TNA wrestling. The newest stable that I have created a name for and called it by: The International Alliance.

This "International Alliance" began with two names who just didn't seem to have any place in storylines in TNA at the time. One was the man from Tehran, Iran, Sheik Abdul Bashir. The Middle-Eastern Nightmare originally came into TNA and took the X-Division by storm, first becoming a major factor in the World X Cup (as Daivari) and then defeating Petey Williams and Consequences Creed to win his first X Division Championship. But after losing his title, he slowly descended into the "unused" section of TNA's roster. That was before another foreigner came along.

The other man was none other than the man who began in TNA with a Great Muta gimmick, the black face paint wearing Kiyoshi. Soon after a few matches, he ditched the black paint and donned red-dyed hair. He then began teaming with Bashir and the Japanese team of No Limit to make The Sheik's Army, which then faded into oblivion when another team came along.

The British Invasion came into TNA with one thing in mind: hating Americans. Of course, this didn't sit well with many members of TNA, as they soon feuded with Team 3D. After feuding with 3D and LAX, they teamed with Bashir and Kiyoshi to form the new stable.

As this International Alliance flourish, beating up new people each week, I continue to ask myself the same question, which I asked again this week. Even with the newest addition of the Canadian Eric Young, does this new stable really have a place in TNA? I ask this because, truthfully, if you went up to a TNA fan and asked "What's the big heel stable in TNA now?", they'd say the Main Event Mafia. Faces include Jarrett, Foley, LAX, and (now) Lashley. Originally, the face stable to combat the MEM was The Originals, but now they've disbanded. Personally, I'm not sure this really belongs, although the people in it are surely talented. Sadly, I just think the creative team is trying to find a place for everyone. I really think Kiyoshi and Bashir should go back to the X Division, as The British Invasion could really become big in the Tag Team Division. As for Young, he could become the world champ. Hey, you never know.

So now I want your opinion. Does a new big heel stable really belong in TNA right now?

Yeah they make a good little mid card stable, they wont be challenging the MEM for supremacy (or at least not yet) they'll just be out making a name for themselves at the expense of the americans.

Personally I think it's a good idea, even if it is to only give guys like Eric Young and The British invasion something to do, keeps 3D occupied as well, so now they can stop pretending to be TNA originals.

First of all the name of the group is WORLD ELITE (Eric Young named them on IMPACT) and yes there is a place for them in TNA if done right they could at some point take on the MEM for all the gold and if / when MEM disbands or leaves TNA WORLD ELITE Will take over as the top stable by leaps and bounds over the Originals becasue they can't stay on the same page for longer then a loop of tapings and the PPV . I think there is a place for World Elite in TNA and I think it will work well if done right . PEACE & LOVE 2 EVERY 1 :)

Stables are awesome. I love stables, especially heel ones. This is perfect because it makes sense. I don't expect them to challenge for titles or try to take over TNA but that's not what every wrestler should be doing. I think Magnus is great as a mouthpiece for the stable and I love his and Williams little handshake move. Also, the anti American wrestler can always get some cheap heat.

Think about it though...on their own what would any of these guys be doing. Stables are a great way to get someone over by association or make a place for someone that you just don't have a story for.

I'm opened minded, I'm down to see where this goes. Seems like IWGP is loaning TNA belts since all of TNA's championships are being locked up with the MEM and whoever is fueding with them this month. Big props for IWGP for being good sports letting their belts come to play to help advance storylines(You think TNA would do the same?). Cause it seems like this stable can stir up the X-Division, the IWGP tag, and IWGP Tag Jr. divisions for a while till the MEM start dropping the other belts again. But who knows maybe somebody can be a breakout counterpart in this stable and go for the World or Legend's Title. Right now I'm optimistic so we'll see.

This stable is looking pretty solid right now, considering they have some tag team gold. I think that if they continue to use them in the Mid Card division, they can pull it off. The only thing I think is bad right now, is the fact that they welcomed in Eric Young. Eric Young could become a real solid heel, but the whole "International" thing is what makes Eric being a member a bad thing. Its like when they were going to introduce, Swagger into Legacy. Where does Swagger fit in when Legacy is a stable from "Generations Passed Down". Im looking forward to what this stable can do in TNA, just cut Eric Young out before its too late.

Eric Young could become a real solid heel, but the whole "International" thing is what makes Eric being a member a bad thing.

Not sure what you're getting at here. In case you didn't know, Young is Canadian so that takes care of the internatinoal aspect. In fact we probably USA v. Canada feuds than most other US v. country feuds. I'm just guessing that you were unaware that Young is from Canada.

the mem is all we need at the moment. a heel stable is ment to get all the heat and i think it would be better to have the international alliance after the mem have gone.

I'm enjoying the idea of the World Elite. Although personally I'd get rid of Rob Terry and replace him with Nathan Jones (He's still under contract with TNA I believe).

Stables are awesome. I love stables, especially heel ones. This is perfect because it makes sense.

I wholeheartedly agree. What better way to take a bunch of guys who are basically accomplishing nothing individually, and give them a single agenda?

I think this stable is better than the MeM, only because these guys can actually wrestle and put on great matches. I was pumped throughout their match with the Originals, although I kinda expected the swerve with Young.

I expect great matches with these guys and just about anyone on the roster. Just don't feed them to the Mafia, and it's my opinion these guys can go places.

The only problem i have with The World Elite is that there is already a large heel stable....and now another...there's no balance. It means almost everything we see is going to be face vs a member of a stable....it takes away from personal individual feuds in a way. I love stables but there needs to be a balance.

As someone mentioned already i would Like to see Nathan Jones added on....though i think he's injured at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back