What happened to World Elite???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Hey been gone for a while and hadn't noticed a thread on this (if there is I apologize)

So a few weeks ago Eric Young, the leader of World Elite sided with Kevin Nash to fend off Scott Hall and Syxx Pac. During this time World Elite was not mentioned at all, and aside from Eric Young none of the other members were seen at all (aside from that 30 second run in from Homicide and some other people to attack Samoa Joe I think)

So where does World Elite stand, will Eric Young reform it as a face stable to combat 'The Band' or will it just be one of those factions that were just there for a while???

They just kind of disbanded. Homicide attacked Kiyoshi int eh Steel Asylum match on January 4 and it just kind of faded away. Terry beat Young for the Global title and there has been no mention of the group since.

The same happened to World Elite that has happened to many other factions throughout the year. A couple of members got title pushes and the others just disappeared into creative parts unknown. World Elite is far from the first and nowhere near the last to have a member get pushed and the other go nowhere until they get the inevitable "best wishes in future endevours"

Well, Jarrett and crew got ousted from creative and if what we believe is true then he was EY's single biggest supporter. The World Elite was a nice way of showcasing that Young was quietly a very good heel and actually had something to offer the company. It was a good little run but with the incoming of the Band it was derailed as he was forced back into his role as a face, one I think we've seen more than enough of in recent years.

Why change him from his career as a face, push him, and then immediately change him back to the character he was before? Well, most bookers wouldn't, but with the changing of the creative guard, a giant "Reset" button was pressed on TNA, and only a select few were immune to the effects, unfortunately Eric Young and his World Elite were not among that group.

Without Young the group collapses in on itself as it was a collection of wrestlers the fans and/or creative didn't really care for too much. The fans genuinely dislike the British Invasion and I think their break-up story is falling flat on its face because of it. I approve of Doug as X-Division champ, and (Brutus) Magnus is better than I thought he was, but the crowd fundamentally don't care about them as a collective. They don't care about Terry enough to get behind him as a face, they don't care about Magnus enough to cheer Terry into beating him, it's just a fail.

Their management of Kiyoshi has been somewhat criminal. I don't think he should have dominated the X-Division or anything, in fact he hasn't wowed me during his stay in TNA, but why are they continuing to pay for him to stay in the USA and then make him lose every single match (with only the multi-man X-Division matches actually getting televised) and not make any effort to use him? He changed his look and style on his own, and kudos to him for trying to get himself over (lord knows creative don't give two shits). If they don't want him, they could have just sent him back to his native land where he got to actually wrestle. These Japanese wrestlers are sent to TNA to gain big-time exposure, but it they're not actually getting exposed then what are they learning?

Daivari went bye-bye so no need to mention him.

And finally Mr. Notorious 187, Homicide. What does he have to do? The fans dig 'cide and they always have. He can still perform on a high level (see his brief X-Division title run last year) and he's been a big part of the company through LAX. ROH would love to have him back, the TNA locker-room respect him and would love to see him get pushed, but he has just been a complete non-entity for nearly 6 months now. I thought that the World Elite might be a chance for him to actually go somewhere, as the entire group was getting pushed, but with it crumbled into nothingness, I guess 'cide is on the cusp of one final push, or closing in on his membership in the future endeavors club.

So what happened to World Elite? Hogan and Bischoff wiped the TNA slate when they arrived and they were one of the first casualties. Take away its brightest star and it simply collapses in on itself as the remaining pieces drift into nothingness.

And finally Mr. Notorious 187, Homicide. What does he have to do? The fans dig 'cide and they always have. He can still perform on a high level (see his brief X-Division title run last year) and he's been a big part of the company through LAX. ROH would love to have him back, the TNA locker-room respect him and would love to see him get pushed, but he has just been a complete non-entity for nearly 6 months now. I thought that the World Elite might be a chance for him to actually go somewhere, as the entire group was getting pushed, but with it crumbled into nothingness, I guess 'cide is on the cusp of one final push, or closing in on his membership in the future endeavors club.

So what happened to World Elite? Hogan and Bischoff wiped the TNA slate when they arrived and they were one of the first casualties. Take away its brightest star and it simply collapses in on itself as the remaining pieces drift into nothingness.

As was shown last night when Hernandez got "hurt" by the Carbon Footprint head into the post, he was there for Hernandez, now I see this being a feud between Homicide and Morgan, and the re-emergence of LAX one of the most popular tag teams in TNA. He is an absolutely great entertainer and great wrestler, he can do it all, mat wrestling, hardcore, high flying, and he can definitely get a reaction from the crowd whether heel or face. Hopefully this is something big for Homicide and I believe it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back