Stables that could have been more..

MisterRob

Wrestling Historian
In 2002 the WWE created an Anti-American stable that just so happened to be made up, initially and for most of it's existence, by Canadians. Lance Storm, Christian, and Test became a stabe whose logo was an upside down American flag, and like other anti-american groups, they promoted being anti-americans as heels.

Personally, I believe this stable could have been more prominent then they actually were. That's not to say they didn't have a good place on the roster while they existed, and that they didn't enjoy a nice little run, but when you look at the wrestlers involved and the gimmick itself, they could've been used better, in my opinion. And imagine if they had added Chris Jericho as their leader?

Could the Un-Americans have been a more prominant, dominant stable during this time in WWE?

In yor view, are there any stables in any era of the WWE (or any other wrestling company) that you believe just didn't reach their potential and could have been used much better then they actually were?

I'm curious about people's opinions and thoughts.

I never cared for the group. They seemed to be nothing more than a less talented retread of the 1997 Hart Foundation stable.

The Un-Americans, La Resistance, and Mohammed Hassan were all created after 9/11 to push Iraq War propaganda. Any country that was opposed to the Iraq war was depicted as being cowards and morons. Despite the fact that those same countries had men and women dying in Afghanistan during that same time. But why let the facts get in the way of a good stereotype.

Vince McMahon loves beating that war drum any chance he gets. Of course none of the WWE wrestlers or McMahon family members actually made any real sacrifices for the war they supposedly supported so much, not even paying higher taxes to help pay for the war so the country wouldn't end up in debt which of course it did. Nope, actual sacrifice would require ACTUAL patriotism. All they gave were empty gestures.

I fail to see any potential in the Un-Americans or any of the other stereotypical characters from that period. They were a product of their time. A bad product. And thankfully they fell apart just as fast as the reasons we were given for invading and occupying Iraq.

However, one stable that DID have a lot of untapped potential was...THE BROOD. They split up way too soon. Best. Entrance. Ever.

Oh there are so many! Among the tag teams that were formed in the past few years, Team Rhodescholars and the Real Americans deserved a run with the tag titles. Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes were a great team that could have been so much more...but they were defeated single-handedly by John Cena. Prime Time Players and Cryme Tyme could have been better if they were booked properly. If WWE could put the tag titles on teams like Kofi and Truth, they could have definitely put the belts on a proper tag team like PTP. What about Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger? They were a pretty good team as well. I can't believe I'm saying this, but even Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara could have been much more.

However, one stable that DID have a lot of untapped potential was...THE BROOD. They split up way too soon. Best. Entrance. Ever.

^^^ abso-freaking-lutely this! the Brood did have the best entrance ever and did split up way too soon. always thought that they could have had a nice feud with the Ministry after Mania 15.

another stable that had the ball totally dropped, IMO, was the Radicalz. these four guys were four of the hottest guys leaving WCW and their debut on Raw was pretty amazing. i think that these guys suffered for 2 primary reasons: their stable name kinda sucks, and they never should have turned heel so quickly after their debut. i thought that there was money in a feud with DX, but instead they turned heel and joined them in attacking Foley and the other top faces. just screwy booking.

honorable mention goes to the entire WCW/ECW Alliance.

good topic......i agree with the brood being underutilized however im gonna tweek it to the new brood, the matt and jeff hardy version, it seemed like an interesting turn for the hardys but just when they were gaining momentum they put terri with the hardys.

also speaking of the attitude era another group with potential was the union, mankind, shamrock, big show and test. if i recall correctly the group was scrapped after foley underwent knee surgery. when foley returned the corporate ministry was disbanded and the team was forgotten about.

one last entry, ill always wonder what wouldve become of the razor ramon ric flair team in 1992 if flair hadn't left for wcw. it was an interesting dynamic with 3 of the greatest of all time imo. with perfect returning to the ring at survivor series to fill in for the warrior that left the question of what wouldve been? would perfect still return to the ring or would he stay a manager? would razor turned face? if so when? and if flair stuck around to wm 9 we might have gotten another big match or two

In early 2000 WCW was running a New Bloods vs Millionaires Club angle. I thought it had potential but they dropped it early with no real resolution.

As for stables I say the 2002 version of the NWO. It failed because Vince didn't want someone else's creation looking stronger than his. So in the end the NWO became a joke and died off in the end.

CM Punk's Straight Edge Society. It started off hot, and then they kind've let it fizzle. He lost all the time!

Same thing with Dolph Ziggler, Big E, and AJ.....they should've dominated! As much as they cheated for Dolph and then he'd STILL lose?? It made him/them look incompetent which was dumb. It should've been Dolph with the World Title, Big E with the IC or US, and AJ with the Divas title and they all should've held them for a long time together, as a stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back