We are crying out for new tag teams...

I can't speak for Da Prophet but, I've had an absolute blast here in my first season of WZCW and working with Prophet is a big reason for that. We had tons of pm sessions and he's helped me become a more settled RPer (tone it down, keep it shorter, stay on subject, ect ect) and I tried to follow suit, I still go a bit over the top but I can't help that. My style of writing won't change. Da Prophet is the man. You other folks are alright too I guess. :guitar:

Nothing unexpected from people getting annoyed about something new getting implemented.

A smiley surely describes this situation-> :shrug:

:z:

Why don't you just make the snake your signature?

ShinChan™;5603147 said:
Nothing unexpected from people getting annoyed about something new getting implemented.

A smiley surely describes this situation-> :shrug:
Annoying people is a bad idea unless your plan is to get people to ignore you completely.

In this case I have to agree with the masses, it is a bit annoying.

If the fed is struggling for numbers, would Creative ever think about instituting a panel of NPC jobbers?

A couple of teams and singles used to fill out the card, give new talent a break in match or two, give an established team a victory but also a chance to take a chance in their RP without fear of losing a match/momentum or provide an avenue for storyline progression in the way that Ellsworth has been used on Smackdown - getting talent to interact without actually having a match with their rival or another opponent.

All Creative would have to do is decide how decisively the RPer had won based on the strength of their RP or if there was any room for storyline in the match vs the jobber.

Барбоса;5603205 said:
If the fed is struggling for numbers, would Creative ever think about instituting a panel of NPC jobbers?

A couple of teams and singles used to fill out the card, give new talent a break in match or two, give an established team a victory but also a chance to take a chance in their RP without fear of losing a match/momentum or provide an avenue for storyline progression in the way that Ellsworth has been used on Smackdown - getting talent to interact without actually having a match with their rival or another opponent.

All Creative would have to do is decide how decisively the RPer had won based on the strength of their RP or if there was any room for storyline in the match vs the jobber.

That is a swell idea. Creative could even throw out a - Create a Jobber - contest for everyone and they can pick the top 6 or whatever.

I can guarantee that that will never happen as long as I'm on creative.

Not even that, a match or two is fine but a constant jobber status defeats the point of the fed. If you're against the jobber of the week you may as well not RP, why put effort in?

Because a no show would result in a defeat. A bad RP could result in something like a DQ loss or something, much less effective than a decisive win & character development.

It's an interesting idea and something I'd thought about previously.

It depends on what you're in for, really. Some people are in to test their mettle against other writers, whereas others just want to develop their own stories in front of an audience. The second type would do better with a match like that, and Numbers' idea is a solution to the issues that would plague the first crowd.

I also re-pitch the idea of single-handler tag team signups that only require one RP. The logistics of judging that might be tricky, but sometimes the issue is finding a second person to be on the same page with - something easily fixed if both characters are controlled by the same person. The reason I say "one RP" is because if you create a set of characters specifically to be used as a tag team, it might be hard or unnecessary to stretch it out to two RPs. If the characters are disparate enough (see Ty Burna and El Caidos Dragon, for example) you can get away with two RPs but really I think saying "do double the work to even have a prayer" is a hard sell.

Just some thoughts. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of throwing Dance Party 95 to Creative from time-to-time to use if they need a fun tag team to put people over, but the idea of doing a separate RP for two similar characters that spend the entirety of their time together is kind of ridiculous.

Doesn't have to be jobbers on every single card. Just every now and then. Or if somebody is down with the flu or something they could request a jobber match that week to recover instead of no showing.

They could just request the round off and we give them a segment on the show. That's what happens.

It depends on what you're in for, really. Some people are in to test their mettle against other writers, whereas others just want to develop their own stories in front of an audience. The second type would do better with a match like that, and Numbers' idea is a solution to the issues that would plague the first crowd.

I also re-pitch the idea of single-handler tag team signups that only require one RP. The logistics of judging that might be tricky, but sometimes the issue is finding a second person to be on the same page with - something easily fixed if both characters are controlled by the same person. The reason I say "one RP" is because if you create a set of characters specifically to be used as a tag team, it might be hard or unnecessary to stretch it out to two RPs. If the characters are disparate enough (see Ty Burna and El Caidos Dragon, for example) you can get away with two RPs but really I think saying "do double the work to even have a prayer" is a hard sell.

Just some thoughts. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of throwing Dance Party 95 to Creative from time-to-time to use if they need a fun tag team to put people over, but the idea of doing a separate RP for two similar characters that spend the entirety of their time together is kind of ridiculous.

Problem is that one RP has to be fanfuckingtastic in order to be competitive. Otherwise rolling out two RP's every round is difficult. Well, not so much difficult but it takes a lot of effort and you end up draining a lot of ideas you may have stashed away just for the sake of keeping up. It takes a special writer to do it, and while I could maintain it for a minute, I ended up always slipping in the quality department in at least one of the RP's, if not both towards the end.

It's not a bad idea. However, it does in a sense defeat the purpose of one on one matches since the only difference between tag teamn RP'ing and 1 on 1 is there's two main characters in an RP instead of 1. At which it would really bring into question why have Tag Team titles if it's the same as chasing a singles title.

Tag Team titles have been a fantastic tool of growth for newer RP'ers since they learn to appropriate the writing not just to fit themselves but for their partners too in order to be as in sync as possible to win. Forcing RP'ers to experiment more and expand their ideas faster. That goes away even if you had to RP twice for a match.

Alright punks. Give me any tag partner; I'm game, especially if it means I still get to do my singles stuff. Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back