WCW Last Man Standing: The Undertaker vs. Terry Funk

Undertaker vs TErry Funk

• Taker

• Funk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Undertaker can dish out a lot of punishment, but Funk has taken more. Watch what he kicks out of in this match, and remember that he only has to stay down for 3 seconds here:

Part 1
[youtube]OEoT4tf_Uhc[/youtube]
Part 2
[youtube]FyCpvEA2eOI[/youtube]

Not only is this a barbed wire match, but the wire-covered boards also have explosives in them. I understand that Taker has had some extremely sadistic incarnations over the years, but can he really deal out punishment like that, with Funk fighting back? He has been in matches so insane that most sane people can't even fathom how gory they become. Funk is the hardcore legend, and will win this match in an absolute bloodbath with something crazy like a piledriver on a chair through a flaming table.

It's easy, sometimes, to get caught up in how tough these two are or how much punishment they're willing to deal out. It's also easy to sometimes over shoot Taker's "supernatural" abilities, as well as Funk's toughness.

I think back on Funk's feud with Ric Flair back in 1989 and, while those were great matches, Flair was able to go into Funk's element and beat him. Flair did more than beat Funk, he made him say "I quit". I think that if Ric Flair, great as he is, but with his somewhat limited "hardcore" experience can make Funk submit, then the Undertaker can most certainly put him down for a 10 count. If this were a Deathmatch, I might be tempted to give Funk the edge but it's not. It's whoever has the most dominant offense coupled with a toughness and will to win. Toughness is a toss up with me. We all admire Terry Funk's toughness and his willingness to put it on the line. However, kind of like Mick Foley, he comes up short a lot. He does so much damage to himself trying to inflict damage onto his opponent that he has, at times, beaten himself. Both have incredible wills to win, but I've never heard Taker submit. As to the most dominant offense, to me there's no question there. The Undertaker's primary moves include the Chokeslam, the Last Ride, Hell's Gate, and the Tombstone. They beat the Spinning Toe Hold or the Sleeper any day.

The Undertaker is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. He's big, strong and extremely tought. But he's not Terry Funk. A last man standing match...please! Terry Funk was born for this match. He's been kicking ass and getting his ass kicked for 40 years. At the pinnacle of his career, he was THE hardcore legend. He's wrestled, and been dominant, in 5 different promotions that are known for hardcore matches. What does the Undertaker really know about hardcore? Other than a handful of gimmick matches, he has no real experience in the kind of environment. Taker may know his way around a steel cage, but Terry Funk is coming at him with flaming branding irons and a shit load of barbwire.

Sorry Taker, but it's the end of the road. Funk wins a brutal battle.

Takers got this one for sure, although him and Terry have been seen to take a lot of punishment in the past I don't see Terry being able to keep Taker down the ten count, even though he is ruthless and one of the most extreme people ever to appear in the squared circle.
But I've got Taker in this one.

Son of a bitch I clicked the wrong name. Damnit. I seriously think that some younger people on the forums are voting by the Terry Funk they saw at ECW ONS a few years back. That isn't half of what Funk was. As great as the Undertaker is in a hardcore environment as such he is out matched by Terry. Go watch his old videos on youtube. I guarantee it will blow your mind.

What's to know about a hardcore match? It's hardly rocket science. You brutalize your opponent to the very best of your ability, often times using whatever is at hand to only make the task easier to accomplish.

I've seen older matches involving Terry Funk, lots of them over the years since I was a kid. He's great, always was, but I haven't seen him do anything to anyone that the Undertaker couldn't handle. Honestly, Funk isn't this completely unstoppable juggernaut from the hardcore ranks. He's lost plenty of hardcore matches, some of which to opponents far inferior to the Undertaker in these sorts of settings. As I said earlier, if Ric Flair can make Funk say I Quit, the Undertaker can certainly keep him down for a count of 10. It wouldn't be easy, but it would happen to Funk of any era in his career.

Funk would try his best here, but there is just no way he's beating Undertaker in a Last Man Standing Match, I'm not sure anyone in this tournament could.

Funk is like the not so talented kid on the basketball team that hustles the whole game and plays his heart out. Undertaker is the supertalented kid who starts on varsity as a freshman.

Funk would give him all that he has, but it just wouldn't be enough.

I honestly believe this match would be a lot closer than the poll shows. Funk was a crazy mother fucker, who just wasn't all hardcore. He was a great singles competitor, he's practically been successful everywhere. Undertaker on the other hand would strive in something like this. Undertaker has the ability to just get up after being physically dominated, and I believe this match would be no different. I could this match lasting a very long time. I believe the Undertaker would win this hard fought match up, but i voted for Terry, because I always had a soft spot for the hardcore Funker.

I voted for Terry Funk in this one as well, the man had two primes after all and its difficult to choose which one to use when voting, that and whichever way I think this could go (still unsure) I dont think the Funker should be losing by that many votes, as this one would be extremely close in my opinion.

So I thought I'd even it up a little for the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back