WCW Pure Wrestling Match: Sting vs. Eddie Guerrero

Sting vs. Guerrero

• Stinger

• Latino Heat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, in the Georgia Dome, from Atlanta, GA.

Pure Wrestling Match: Wiki-****ing it again
1. Each wrestler has three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match. After a wrestler exhausts his rope breaks, submission and pin attempts under the ropes by the opponent are considered legal.
2. There are no closed-fist punches to the face allowed in a Pure match, only open-handed slaps or chops to the face are allowed. Punches to other parts of the body (save for low-blows) are permitted. The first use of a closed fist will get a warning, and the second will cause the wrestler to be penalized a rope break. If he is already out of rope breaks, he will be disqualified.
3. A wrestler is subject to a twenty count by the referee if the wrestler goes to the floor.

Sting
sting+1.jpg

vs.

Eddie Guerrero
guerrero_eddie.jpg

Sting takes this one. I'm extremely surprised to see Guerrero make it this far, but this is the end of his story in this tourney. So each guy can only get to the ropes three times to break a submission and, after that, a submission can be slapped on no matter if the guy has the ropes or not. That's what will get Guerrero in this.

All Sting would have to do is try to go for the Scorpion Deathlock next to the ropes and let Guerrero exhaust his turns to use them. After that, if he's able to lock in the Scorpion and I'm pretty sure he will, Guerrero will tap.

Sting takes this one. I'm extremely surprised to see Guerrero make it this far, but this is the end of his story in this tourney. So each guy can only get to the ropes three times to break a submission and, after that, a submission can be slapped on no matter if the guy has the ropes or not. That's what will get Guerrero in this.

All Sting would have to do is try to go for the Scorpion Deathlock next to the ropes and let Guerrero exhaust his turns to use them. After that, if he's able to lock in the Scorpion and I'm pretty sure he will, Guerrero will tap.
The same ting could be said for Eddie and the Laso from El Paso. Not only does it fuck up your legs it fucks up your neck too. I see both of them getting the other to use up their rope breaks and then going for the submission. this could go either way so I'm gonna hold off my vote until I hear from both sides

When Eddie Guerrero was actually a threat, he used to "cheat" to win. That's not going to help him here. However, this match is obviously going to favour a guy who has a better amateur background, which is certainly Eddie. I don't know really, Eddie's advantaged and disadvantaged here, where I don't think it'll really change Sting's approach to the match. I think Sting probably has it in him to win this one without recourse to anything too tricky, whereas I don't think Eddie's amateur skills will be enough, so, for the moment at least, I'm going Sting.

Well, if Sting can beat fuckin' Lou Thesz, then he has no trouble with the reason Vickie Guerrero on TV today. Eddie is a solid ring technician, but he does lie, cheat, and steal, and if he does that shit, he's DQ'ed. Sting's been a man who doesn't ever bend the rules and his wrestling skill is underrated and solid.

I take Sting in this match simply because Papi can't stay out of trouble and will probably get DQ'ed. That and Sting can wrestle Guerrero to the mat and that offsets the high flying that Chavo's uncle can do.

Sting wins. And I'm out of nicknames for Eddie.

My money is on Eddie.

Just because he didn't show us his mat wrestling and submission skills on a regular basis in the ring doesn't mean he can't perform them. He is a GUERRERO and they're one of the most legendary wrestling families. Somewhere down the line, I'm sure Eddie learned how to mat wrestle before he learned how to rope wrestle (high flying shit).

This one really comes down to who would utilize the rope breaks. And yes, Eddie may lie, cheat and steal... but how often did he actually get caught ?

Funny scenario: Eddie puts Sting's legs on the ropes and attempts to pin him three times in a row, wasting Sting's rope breaks. I'm sure people in Ring Of Honor weren't smart enough to think that up, but Eddie certainly is.

That gives Eddie a three rope break advantage, meaning that he'd have to be three ropes breaks worse than Sting. Is he? You decide!

I think this would be a very close, hard fought match. Both guys are actually quite similar. Sting is stronger and Eddie is faster, but in terms of mat wrestling, submissions, and resilience they are fairly even. Both have multiple "finishers", including a top rope splash, a submission hold and a power move, although Eddie didn't use the Gory Bomb or Three Amigos to finish guys off very often. I think Sting would pull out the win though. The rules don't make a really big difference, as neither guy was a proficient striker (at least with punches), and neither really liked to work a mat game, so the rope break might not come into play unless Sting catches Eddie in the Scorpion Deathlock. Where the real difference comes in may be the twenty count as opposed to a ten count. That could help either guy, as Eddie could hit a couple of big high risk moves on the floor without worrying about the count, or Sting could use his power advantage to toss Eddie around a bit more. I see the 20 count helping out Sting more than Eddie. I am actually quite torn on who would win. Sting should carry the offense, but Eddie could take a whipping with the best of them (just watch his title win over Lesnar as evidence), so that may not make a difference. I think it would all come down to who hit their finisher first. Sting probably wouldn't kick out of the Frog Splash, and while it may take a lot for Eddie to tap to the Scorpion Deathlock, I think the Death Drop would beat him, and the Stinger Splash could also probably do the job. Eddie really only has one way to beat Sting in my opinion, and that may be his downfall here.

I would like to assume that Eddie is a better amatuer wrestler than Sting. On the flip side Eddie pulls too much slick shit in a wrestling ring. His underhanded tactics won't work in a pure contest. But don't discount Sting's desire to try slick shit too. I'll give Sting the advantage because of leverage and the fact that Eddie will probably get himself disqualified. I don't think Sting beats Eddie here just Eddie gets DQ'ed before Sting can actually do it.

Funny scenario: Eddie puts Sting's legs on the ropes and attempts to pin him three times in a row, wasting Sting's rope breaks. I'm sure people in Ring Of Honor weren't smart enough to think that up, but Eddie certainly is.

^^^^^^Lulz.

I don't know. I've only seen of Eddie what he's shown us, and that's his "Lie, Cheat, and Steal" stuff. I think he would definitely try something like that here, but not enough to use up his three rope breaks. Maybe one, two if he's really not thinking straight.

Let's assume he's down a break or two. So? How many times do wrestlers really use rope breaks other than when they're being submitted? This gets down to how many times Guerrero lets Sting lock in his Scorpion Death Lock or whatever the hell he calls it.

Meh. Screw all this "thinking it through." To many hypothetical shit to think of. I'm probably voting Sting, just because. I can still be persuaded to vote for Eddie, though I doubt I will.

I think that Sting wins here. I don't think the rules make that much of a difference, both guys will probably be smart enough to make his opponent use the rope breaks early, and neither is known for being a great closed fist striker. Sting is somewhat of a brawler, but he can just as usually use his knife edge chops.

Eddie may have the better amatuer background, but it's nothing that Sting can't handle. He is bigger and stronger than Eddie and could also use a variety of holds on him. In the end, Sting is just a much better, more accomplished wrestler than Eddie.

If Eddie doesn't get DQ'd, Sting makes him tap with the Scorpion Deathlock.

My vote goes for Sting here. Guerrero, being the heel in this match, is going to use rope breaks constantly, and will also get the warnings for a closed fist. Within a few minutes, he'll be out of rope breaks, and Sting can work on his legs until he can lock on the Scorpion Deathlock. Once he has that locked on, Eddie can hang on the ropes all he wants, it won't break the hold.

I'm sure Eddie will make it a good match, and take Sting back to his early days, but it won't be nearly enough.

Echo'd.

Also what's to stop Sting from throwing a closed fist punch and Eddie dropping to his knees to get the punch to connect with his face? Or hell, if the ref doesn't have a clear vantage point he could just act like it connected to his face etc etc etc.

Bottom line: All rules can be bent or broken it just takes someone with enough cunning to figure out how to do it and not get caught. Eddie Guerrero is that someone. He may look like the one limited by these rules (even though he could purely out wrestle Sting anyway) but in reality these convoluted limitations are perfect for his brand of scheming.

My first question is where you can determine the prime of eddie to be. He had a quite extensive career and he was quite the technician when he wrestled. The whole lie cheat steal thing may come to play, but that is only an advantage, because it signifies that eddie is intelligent enough to do anything to win, whose to say that Eddie doesn't somehow goad Sting into getting himself dq'ed, or he cheats in a way the the referee misses it. I'm voting Guerrero and you shouldn't believe his only votes are because he died.

I am going to vote for Stinger but I think there's a possibility that Eddie might get the win.

Stinger is going to be able to work Eddie's legs and make him waste his rope breaks. But someone brought up the fact that Eddie has a submission move too so we know that they will both most likely waist there rope breaks.

For now I think my I am going to vote for Sting because Eddie whether he was a heel or babyface he would cheat and in this match it is going to be hard for him to do those dirty tactics.

I think that this is going to be a close battle but my vote is on Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back