Unscripted 2014 Discussion: Grudge Match - Showtime vs. Titus (Pure Rules)

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
nbrdhv.jpg

Showtime has finally agreed - under some duress - to face Titus one on one, and it will be under Pure Wrestling Rules to prove at last who is the best wrestler! The rules of the match are as follows:

1. Each wrestler has three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match. After a wrestler exhausts his rope breaks, submission and pin attempts under the ropes by the opponent are considered legal.
2. There are no closed-fist punches to the face allowed in a Pure match, only open-handed slaps or chops to the face are allowed. Punches to other parts of the body (save for low-blows) are permitted. The first use of a closed fist will get a warning, and the second will cause the wrestler to be penalized a rope break. If he is already out of rope breaks, he will be disqualified.
3. A wrestler is subject to a twenty count by the referee if the wrestler goes to the floor.

WZCW's First Grand Slam Champion against one of the top Legends of the Fed, with Titus having home advantage. This is the match type that gave Titus his first World Title reign at Kingdom Come II, which gives him a great psychological advantage because he saves this match for special occasions and this is no different.

On paper these two are heavily matched just by accomplishments alone, but will Titus' momentum play against him as he hasn't won on PPV this year so far, but a victory over Showtime would kick-start a good run for him. That being said, Showtime is very adaptable under most scenarios, so he'll play factors like the 20 count to his advantage. Not going to call on a winner just yet because I feel this will be close.

Oh man I love Pure Rules matches. The thing about these matches is that wrestlers are given many more opportunities to strategize and try to out-smart their opponent. The issue here is that both Titus and Showtime are very smart wrestlers. Show might have a slight advantage there just because has been a bit frustrated as of late, but that difference is negligible. Both guys have been known to finish opponents with submission holds, so the rope breaks will be valuable.

I think Show would be my pick at this point, but a win here would go a long way toward making everyone forget about the cold streak Titus has been on.

Oh man I love Pure Rules matches. The thing about these matches is that wrestlers are given many more opportunities to strategize and try to out-smart their opponent. The issue here is that both Titus and Showtime are very smart wrestlers. Show might have a slight advantage there just because has been a bit frustrated as of late, but that difference is negligible. Both guys have been known to finish opponents with submission holds, so the rope breaks will be valuable.

I think Show would be my pick at this point, but a win here would go a long way toward making everyone forget about the cold streak Titus has been on.

You make a good point about the strategy and wrestling brain. Surprised Zeus vs Kurtesy wasn't this.

At first I thought Show got this, since Titus doesn't have a submission finisher, but Titus has the armbar and ankle lock.

You make a good point about the strategy and wrestling brain. Surprised Zeus vs Kurtesy wasn't this.

At first I thought Show got this, since Titus doesn't have a submission finisher, but Titus has the armbar and ankle lock.

Lee or someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the ankle lock has been an actual finisher at certain points in Titus' career, so it's not just another move.

Lee or someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the ankle lock has been an actual finisher at certain points in Titus' career, so it's not just another move.

It is. I had to get "special executive permission" from the WZCW higher ups in order to use the move as a signature for Celeste.

If Titus is in top form there isn't anyone that he can't beat. Even Showtime. However Show is much more consistent. A hard call. Based on statistics I'll go with Show; kayfabe wise this should be Titus's win.

Titus is in a self-professed slump at the moment, and Showtime is one of the most slump-resistant guys in the fed. But that doesn't mean that Showtime will win, Titus can still pull special RP's sometimes... And if Lee takes some of the advice given to him, he could get a second run of prime form.

Millennium.

Also Showtime will win as he's just that better than I am.

Millennium.

Also Showtime will win as he's just that better than I am.

For some inexplicable reason I kept wanting to call this the Match of the Willennium, but I feared it might give people the wrong idea.

A very solemn Titus but the match will be anything but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back