WCW: I Quit Match: Hulk Hogan vs. Davey Boy Smith

Hogan vs. Davey Boy

• Hulkamania

• British Bulldog

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, in the Georgia Dome from Atlanta, Ga.

Match: I Quit Match. This match will end when the first wrestler is able to make his opponent verbally say the words, I Quit.

quit.jpg

Hulk Hogan
hulk.jpg

vs.

The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
d2a10t99awv7yul5vq0dl75zkaitkw.jpg

I have to go with Hogan. Hogan has submitted three times that I can remember in his career: to Lex Luger, Sting and Kurt Angle. All three of those guys used submissions as their primary way of ending matches. Hogan wasn't in his prime WWF years when any of those happened either. Hogan in his prime simply would not give up. While I can't really picture Smith doing it either, I could picture it before Hogan in his prime. That's not much of a reason, but Hulk Hogan, the old school Hulk Hogan, would not ever give up, especially not to a foreigner.

Both of these guys are really outta their element in this match. Neither really knows jack shit about submission, at least nothing that's going to make the other say I quit, and neither is anywhere close to being considered hardcore.

I'm tempted to go with Hogan just because it's so difficult to imagine Hulk Hogan of the 1980s saying I quit. Though, that's not really much of a reason. Neither guy really strikes me as the type to beat a guy so bloody and senseless that he practically screams he can't take anymore. I think Hogan will get the votes, but I won't be crying if Smith goes over here.

I've seen Hulk Hogan submit to a bear hug. But anyway, neither of these guys is particularly well suited to the environment, but I think Hogan is certainly the most resiliant of the two. His entire psychology is a never say die attitude, and I think he would probably be able to overcome a guy who is no better than he at submission style wrestling. This is Hogan's to lose as I see it.

My Vote is on Hulk Hogan. He was built up as the Man Who will never quit, and it will be the same here. The Bulldog will not force the Immortal one to say the words I Quit.

Now I do think that Hulk will be able to make Bulldog quit, but it will take him a long time because he really doesn't have the types of moves that make someone quit (i.e a submission move). What Hulk only real option is wear down the Bulldog until he just can't continue the match.

This is certainly an interesting match but My vote is on Hulk Hogan.

I think that someone needs to clarify whether the participants in this match are allowed to use weapons or not.

I don't see any of these guys quitting, but I'll see it from Smith sooner than Hulk. Smith can wear him down but we know Hogan will Hulk up and that is where the tide will turn. He will continue to punish Smith until he says those two words thus giving Hogan the victory.

This actually would've been a great match.

I think I'm going to go with Davey Boy, though. For one, there's nothing in Hogan's arsenal that would ever make someone with the heart of the British Bulldog say "I Quit". And for two, well… I just like the British Bulldog more than I do Hogan. I grew up being a huge, huge fan of the guy, and I have more good memories involving the British Bulldog than I do Hogan.

But my vote won’t really matter anyway; I’m sure Hogan will win this round, no matter what anyone says. If you go with the kayfabe argument, there's nothing that you can say that should convince anyone that Hogan could ever make someone like The British fucking Bulldog tap out or say "I Quit". But if you're a Hulkamanic and just believe Hogan's the superior wrestler due to his drawing power... then your vote for Hogan is definitely justified. But please keep that kayfabe shit out, because it won’t make any sense.

pppffffft. Be fucking serious.

Hulk Hogan? at the apex of his career? QUITTING? heresy. I wish I could say much more on this, but there really isnt much more TO say. Bulldog was all well and good. but dude. This is Hulk fucking Hogan. he will not EVER quit.

wow, what a shit post

Hulk Hogan? at the apex of his career? QUITTING? heresy. I wish I could say much more on this, but there really isnt much more TO say. Bulldog was all well and good. but dude. This is Hulk fucking Hogan. he will not EVER quit.

wow, what a shit post

Lol... neither will the British Bulldog. That’s the problem here.

But there's shit the Bulldog could do to Hogan that would make him "pass out", thus giving him the win by default. Like I said.. there's nothing in Hogan's repertoire that could make the Bulldog submit or even get knocked out from.

In a regular match or a stipulation like a cage bout, Hogan wins without a doubt. But this is one stipulation that truly favors Davey Boy.

Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart are harped on for being overrated since death. But be serious, I'm not sure that ANYONE is blown up more so than Bulldog #1. He was a career tag-team wrestler and mid to low-mid card guy. Bulldog won the Intercontinental Championship, reigning for a mere 71 days. That was the apex of his singles career. He went on to later win two European Championships and two Hardcore, but that'd be like me saying that Juventud, a 5-time cruiserweight champ, would go over Hogan. No chance in hell.

There is absolutely nothing about him that is better than Hulk Hogan. Bulldog was a good... great tag-team competitor. He was nothing more than an average mid-carder on his own.

wow, what a shit post

Lulz.

But seriously. Ho Kogan won't quit. Not by the Bulldog anyway. I mean, what's the Bulldog going to do to make him quit? Show him some of his matches from his latter years? So Kogan can be bored to tears and just say 'I quit'? Nah. Hulk Hogan will just big boot him and leg drop him to the point where Davey Boy's back will get stiff from laying there so long and he'll just say he quits.

Plus Hogan's got his creative control card and there's NO WAY the Hulkster puts Bulldog over.

Submissions certainly wont come into this one in my mind. It will be about Hogan and Bulldog beating the holy hell out of each to make the other one Quit. You dont need submission skills for that when you can simply hit the other guy over the head 20 times with a steel chair.

Bulldog was good and had a pretty good power game and I think would give up a good fight.

But this is Hulk 'Mother Fucken' Hogan, there is no planet in this or anyother universe where Hogan would lose this matchup. He wont quit and will eventually do enough toi make the Bulldog utter those words.

Sticking with the general theme on this one - no way the Immortal Hulk Hogan says "I quit".

If he can withstand punishment from Andre, Ultimate Warrior, Savage (one of the dirtiest wrestlers ever), Paul Orndorf, etc... he can take a beating from Davey Boy and keep going.

The only real issue has already been addressed - how would he make Davey say I quit ? It's not above Hogan to grab a steel chair, whether face or heel, so a few good shots to the skull and the Bulldog heads back across the pond and we hear "I am a real American........"

Wow, it's amazing how many people don't understand that difference between an "I Quit" and a "Submission" match. You don't have to use submissions to make someone say I Quit, look no further than the famous Blanchard vs. Magnum steel cage match. Or heck, if you want something from more recent, consult the Cena vs. JBL match. I think there was another I Quit recently, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

There's NO way that Bulldog will make Hulk Hogan quit. NEVER. WWF Hulk Hogan, which was Hogan in his prime, didn't LOSE, much less quit.

Not a chance Bulldog does anything here except bore us with his piss bucket accent.

Hulk Hogan doesn't quit. Plain and simple. He was a symbol of hope for wrestling fans during the eighties and nineties and even now although he is retired. There is no way no matter what Bulldog would do to Hogan that he would quit. That's the point of the match to beat your opponent so bad that he tells you he quits. He utters two simple words "I Quit". Can you really picture Hulk Hogan saying that.

I think there was another I Quit recently, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Hardy vs. Hardy at Backlash. Also, Melina vs. Bethe Phoenix at last years One Night Stand, but that hardly counts.

Hogan is a Real American, and he doesn't quit. He especially doesn't quit to foreigners. He'll hulk up, and beat the living day lights out of Davey Boy Smith until Smith can't take it anymore and quits.

I'll be shocked if the Bulldog gets more than 10 votes in this. He was a good wrestler in his own right, but we are talking about the Immortal Hulk Hogan here. While I agree with an earlier post asking about the legality of weapons, I think the Bulldog will be begging for the end after a second boot and leg drop.

The Bulldog was all well and good. He was a great wrestler in his own right, and it will be hard to get him to say "I quit."

But. For everything you'd have to do to get Davey Boy to say "I quit" you'd have to do 5-fold to Hulk Hogan to make him say the exact same words. Hulk Hogan never quit. Never ever. He lost once in a blue moon, do to those dastardly heels, but he never quit. He's the Immortal. He's the True American. He's Hulk Hogan, and he's taken his vitamins and said his prayers.

Hulk Hogan wins this. Simple as.

The was be a brutal match, but no way that Hogan loses here. Bulldog was very good, but Hogan was pretty much invincilble. He is bigger and stronger than Bulldog, but not by much. As everyone has already said, Hogan wouldn't quit in his prime, and Bulldog probably wouldn't either.

I just can't see Hogan quitting though. It may take 20 leg drops, but Bulldog would eventually quit, maybe after a few hours. The truth is, Hulk Hogan was just that good, and the only way he would lose this match is if it was at Wembley Stadium.

If this were just some regular old match Daveyboy Smith wouldn't stand much of a chance at winning. I mean Davey was known for his strength, but at no point was he ever stronger or bigger than Hulk Hogan. So you take away his power game and what's he left with? So under just about any match Hulk would have the clear advantage, but in a match like this, Hulk is literally unbeatable. In a regular match or in a match with some other stipulation there would probably be a very small chance that Davey could pull off the miracle upset win (I'd say like less than 1% chance), but not in a million years could Davey pull off a fluke upset in a match like this against Hulk Hogan. There's absolutely nothing anyone could do to make the immortal one say the words "I Quit", let alone Davey Boy Smith making him say it.

I think the stipulation makes it a better match, but it doesn't change the fact that Hogan would win. As everyone else has said, Hogan just doesn't give up. Bulldog may have him beaten down, bloodied, and begging for forgiveness, but Hogan will just Hulk up, and put him away.

If it even got close to Hogan losing, Bischoff is in control. He won't let his cash cow go down to a career mid-carder.

I shocked that Smith has 8 votes right now. Then agian, everyone who voted against him must not have a good reason, because none of those people have even posted in this thread. I would be really interested to hear the reasoning behind their votes.

Overall, this was just simply a bad draw for the Bulldog. Hogan, during the apex of his career, was basically this superhuman champion of right and all that shit. He was almost like a living cross between...I dunno...Superman and Captain America, he simply would not say I Quit. It's just how the character was made and designed. Even if there was a remote chance that the apex Hogan would say it, the Bulldog is certainly the wrong wrestler to try to make him say it. The guy has no submission experience at all and the guy just wasn't brutal. The Bulldog was primarily a big British powerhouse that could make Hogan feel pain, of course, but he didn't have the nature to beat someone so severely that they screamed I Quit.

The truth is, Hogan doesn't either. While he may know a little more about submission than the Bulldog, the apex Hogan wasn't vicious either. When it's all said and done, both are exhausted and the Bulldog just doesn't have the will to go on. He'd realize that he's fighting a fight that, under the circumstance, he just can't win. He'd have to somehow kill Hogan to win, he couldn't do it, so the Bulldog would just quit out of frustration if nothing else.

I voted Bulldog because I can't remember ever seeing him submit/Quit (He may have but I haven't seen it) where as I have seen Hogan lose matches to power opponents via submission. Luger beat Hogan in WCW by submission and for me Bulldog is a better version of Luger therefore he would have the upper hand with this particular stipulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back