Video Game Wars

Choose Wisely

• XBox One

• PS4

Results are only viewable after voting.

Savior of Silence

Occasional Pre-Show
So I start my new job on Monday and I'm looking to get a next gen console after I clear up a few things on my credit report.

I have no idea what to get though. I went from N64 to PS2 to XBox 360.

So...the eternal question...

XBox One or PS4?

And why one over the other?

If you enjoy gameplay over graphics with the largest array of exclusives, great indie support and backwards compatibility AND free compatibility to the internet you want a Wii U.

As you seem the sort to like shooty mcshooterson 7 and Batman then go for PS4.

I'm a PC gamer, so I'm a bit out of it in terms of console gaming, but I'd say go with a PS4, the exclusive titles and support seem to be stronger on that system.

PS4 has easily the deeper hardware, graphics, sound and overall game capability. Its not an argument, its statistics.

XBONE can do more shit though, as far as being multi-purpose.

Personally, I get my game console for gaming. There are plenty of streaming and torrent websites you can use on a laptop if you absolutely MUST watch The Incredibles at the same time that you are playing video games.

My Xbone disconnects from the internet constantly, making it semi-functional at best. I assume everybody else's work perfectly.

Having owned both, I'd say go for the PS4. The Xbone's user interface is a lot sleeker and it has Halo - that's about all it has going for it.

My real answer is Wii U, which comfortably has the best catalogue of games, particularly if you're including backwards compatability.

While I voted for PS4 since it is the best of the 2 options (and I have a PS4), the correct answer as Lee and Sam mentioned is Wii U. Super Mario Maker is coming out in a few weeks and is going to make all other video games its bitch.

I used to say that the best shooters were on the other guys, then Nintendo released Splatoon and now that is no longer true. Truely the only good thing PS4/XBone is good for are sports games (and really only PS4 since XBone doesn't have Baseball). Sadly EA stopped making Madden for Wii U.

PS4 has rocket league.

Also I once saw a neckbearded guy walking down the street carrying an Xbone whilst wearing camo shorts and a Mountain Dew t shirt while holding a bag of Doritos in his free hand. That's not a culture I'd want to be a part of.

Where's PC? :(

images

Here's mine :D

Absolutely neither at the moment, until there's a game on one that I feel that I have to play.

Wii U.

I do enjoy FPS games. I was actually ranked #1 in the world in Hardcore Search and Destroy and #17 in the world in Hardcore Team Deathmatch in COD: Black Ops 1.

The only reason I would ever buy a Wii U is because Zelda. Ocarina of time is still tied with Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars and Super Metroid as my favorite game of all time.

I do enjoy FPS games. I was actually ranked #1 in the world in Hardcore Search and Destroy and #17 in the world in Hardcore Team Deathmatch in COD: Black Ops 1.

The only reason I would ever buy a Wii U is because Zelda. Ocarina of time is still tied with Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars and Super Metroid as my favorite game of all time.

So your three favourite games are Nintendo exclusives yet you won't entertain the idea of a Wii U. Interesting.

I like to play older games on my PC. I was gobsmacked when Skyrim worked, so guess who's (quite literally) pussy-footing around with the Thieves Guild?

I prefer Sony, but most of my friends are on XBone, making the decision fairly simple.

Well the One and the PS4 are basically the same machine with mostly the same games, but the tech advantage goes to the PS4. Regarding the exclusives on them, One tends to be more arcade and PS4 more creative.
As far as Nintendo, yes they have more exclusives but that's cancelled out because you won't get any of the AAA titles you'll get on the other machines. CoD? Arkham Knight? Final Fantasy? Metal Gear Solid? Assassins Creed? Tomb Raider? etc. The Wii U is only any good as a secondary console

I have a XBONE and I absolutely love it. Usually, it's best to go with the console that most of your friends have since co-op play seems to be a popular thing now. If you like FPS games, get the XBONE. If you like RPG games, get the PS4. Backwards compatibility for the XBONE exists btw so I guess that's another selling point on the XBONE.

I'd go for PS4. Best varied exclusives, great controller, and a great online. You mentioned how much you like FPS games pointing out CoD. PS4 is now the console for the gaming championships(Dear God why that is a thing is beyond me but its a bonus) and also gives priority to multiplats such as Destiny and No Mans Sky. Also

If you enjoy gameplay over graphics with the largest array of exclusives

See: Wii U has been out for the longest of the consoles. The exclusives are fun as fuck though. However the large exclusives list is compensation for the fact that CoD, MGS, Final Fantasy, Batman, Fallout 4(!) and basically any other AAA game won't be released on Wii U.

great indie support

PS4 has better. Including console exclusivity to many big indie games such as Killing Floor 2 and Rocket League(Which I'll get back to). Wii U has Meme Runner.

and backwards compatibility AND free compatibility to the internet you want a Wii U.

I won't contest the backwards compatibility aspect as it's a perfectly good reason to appreciate the Wii U. However paid internet on PS4 pays for itself and none of the apps such as YouTube and Netflix are kept behind the paywall. PS+ does however provide you with free games every month that includes MGS: Ground Zeroes and the amazingly fun Rocket League.

Yeah this too. FPS' seem to be your thing go with the PS4. Also in no ways am I meaning to be petty with this response but there'sjust some general mistruths there.

PS4 is now the console for the gaming championships(Dear God why that is a thing is beyond me but its a bonus)

Hey man...can't shit on MLG COD. tK All Day!

I know it moved over to PS4, that's basically the reason I started this thread. COD is my main squeeze but I've been on 360 for years so I was really just wondering if the switch to PS is worth it.

According to the poll results...the answer is yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back