• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

United States Championship Limbo

The Extract

First of all, if this is in the wrong section please move it. Thank you.

Now on to the real topic. Who should be the one to take the US title from Santino Marella?

I would love to see a tournament to determine the #1 contender. The tourney could have these match-ups:

*Michael McGillicutty vs. William Regal- McGullicutty wins.
*Miz vs. Tyson Kidd- Kidd pulls off an upset(also continueing the streak of Miz's, which might lead to a face turn.)
*Zack Ryder vs. David Otunga- Zack wins.
*Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley- Swagger wins.

*Michael vs. Tyson Kidd- Mr. Perfect Jr. wins.
*Zack Ryder vs. Jack Swagger- Zack Ryder.

*Michael vs. Zack- McGullicutty wins.

*Santino vs. Michael- NEW CHAMP.

William Regal. The man deserves one last run and it would be the perfect first fued for dean ambrose.

Thats the way regal deserves to go out. With a bang.

I think nobody they should unify the intercontinental and US championship get rid of the US title its lost its value so much . Also saying that the WWE and World title should be unified as well there is too many championships have the champions on both shows regularly then you don't need all those titles

I think Damien Sandow should be the one to do it.

A feud with Santino would be justified in his intellectual crusade, and him beating Santino would give the guy some nuclear heat. Plus he reminds me of the old school midcarders of yesteryear like Mr. Perfect, Rick Roode, and obviously The Genius... Sandow is the way to go.

First of all, your thread is in the right place.

Secondly, why McGillicutty? He's never on the main shows, he's hardly over, he essentially has nothing going for him. The poor lad will probably be released by the end of the year.

Tyson Kidd is a fair bet; impressive cruiserweight style in the ring, not so bad on the mic, but generally is better in a tag team.

Sandow is also not a bad shout, but since debuting he's had about 10 minutes of actual ring time. His promos are great, but overall he's still unproven.

Personally, I'd like to see Antonio Cesaro win it, and get himself more over as a heel by going all anti-American, ditching the U.S. title and bringing back the Euro title.

Edit: Also, Otunga would go over Ryder with the roll he's on.

the new champ is obviously going to be David Otunga, mainly because hes the closest assiociate of Johnny, and hel become the new "cooprate champion", like the rock was vince's cooprate champ.

The fact that Otunga hasen't got it off of that lousy Santino yet is a complete shocker to me.

First of all, your thread is in the right place.

Secondly, why McGillicutty? He's never on the main shows, he's hardly over, he essentially has nothing going for him. The poor lad will probably be released by the end of the year.

Tyson Kidd is a fair bet; impressive cruiserweight style in the ring, not so bad on the mic, but generally is better in a tag team.

Sandow is also not a bad shout, but since debuting he's had about 10 minutes of actual ring time. His promos are great, but overall he's still unproven.

Personally, I'd like to see Antonio Cesaro win it, and get himself more over as a heel by going all anti-American, ditching the U.S. title and bringing back the Euro title.

First, good to know.

Second, McGullicutty would be a great champ. After watching some matches of him on NXT, he could easily be US champ, and if he say, cut a promo before the tourney started talking about how he is tired of being overlooked and that now is his time to shine. That would get him enough of a crowd reaction.

Next, you mocked my choise of Michael McGullicutty because he is rarely on television, then you say Tyson Kidd would be a good choise?! News flash, Tyson has barely been on TV too, but when he is he is only jobbing.

I personally forgot about Sandow, and now that I think about it, it would be the most logical choice. Ceasaro would also be nice but I would rather see him with Kassious Ohno as a tag team.

the new champ is obviously going to be David Otunga, mainly because hes the closest assiociate of Johnny, and hel become the new "cooprate champion", like the rock was vince's cooprate champ.

The fact that Otunga hasen't got it off of that lousy Santino yet is a complete shocker to me.

Santino will hold the title for as long as the fans continue to react to him. Don't you get that? Vince is all about "ratings" so if he hears people roaring for Santino why would he ruin that? It's the same for Cena (hear me out before flaming). If people stopped caring one way or another about Cena do you think he'd be on top of the WWE still? Even without a championship he's in every big match situation/main event spotlight.

As far as who should get a run with the belt. William Regal. Nuff said. He won't get a world championship reign which IMO is an absolute insult to one of the most talented guys to put on a pair of tights and boots. So the least Vince could do is give Regal the title and allow him to hold it until he retires. That could and would bring back a lot of the prestige to the US title. Having a man the caliber of Regal holding it.

First, good to know.
You're welcome buddy.

Second, McGullicutty would be a great champ. After watching some matches of him on NXT, he could easily be US champ, and if he say, cut a promo before the tourney started talking about how he is tired of being overlooked and that now is his time to shine. That would get him enough of a crowd reaction.
Cutting one promo does not - and will never - define an entire championship reign. He'd get a crowd reaction if, say, he had something going for him. Fans say McGillicutty's being held back and not being allowed to use his father's surname, but surely WWE would give him a proper rub if he had impressed the powers that be.

Next, you mocked my choise of Michael McGullicutty because he is rarely on television, then you say Tyson Kidd would be a good choise?! News flash, Tyson has barely been on TV too, but when he is he is only jobbing.
Not mocking your choice; we're all allowed to pick our faves. Regarding Kidd, jobbing on Smackdown is better than jobbing on NXT.

I personally forgot about Sandow, and now that I think about it, it would be the most logical choice. Ceasaro would also be nice but I would rather see him with Kassious Ohno as a tag team.
Going off their impressive match on FCW the other week, I'd rather see Ohno and Cesaro carry their feud onto flagship TV. But that's just, like, my opinion, man...

A feud with Santino would be justified in his intellectual crusade, and him beating Santino would give the guy some nuclear heat. Plus he reminds me of the old school midcarders of yesteryear like Mr. Perfect, Rick Roode, and obviously The Genius... Sandow is the way to go.

I agree with this, except it's Rick RUDE*, not Roode, like Bobby.
Sorry to be such a douche, but I'm an old fart who remembers Rick Rude very clearly and I just wanted to point that out to you whippersnapper. :p

Still, you're right that it should be Damien Sandow.

Begin booking him on Raw, let him start to get over, and then have him beat Santino at Summerslam with a clean victory, which would give him good heat.

The guy is talented and he deserves some time. He's a good character heel in a time where characters aren't omnipresent, as they should be. In the age of, "reality," Sandow is a good change of pace and deserves some screen time. The US Title is a great way to get him on my TV, which is where I presently want him.

Smart idea, I think thats great and Damien Sandow could finally bring credibility to the title. What the title needs is a interesting champion and an entertaining feud. Damien Sandow could set the title on the right track for once.

I too think that Damien Sandow would be great as a US champion. His all 'intellectual' gimick would fit right as a US champion where he can go on as someone who wants to 'enlighten' the US citizens as a US champ. And cap it all off with "You're welcome.'

He could be a good heel champion and make US championship look good.

I would like to see anybody take the belt off Santino, I've never been a fan of Santino. If i had to choose anybody to win the US title, I want to see Kidd to win it. I think the WWE should give Tyson Kidd a chance, I think he is an excellent wrestler.

It's gotta be somebody that they don't want to push to the main event and somebody that can feud with other guys I'm that type of position so not all young talent is pushed to the main event, Brodus Clay could be great if he is teaming with guys like Sandow, swagger and hunico, these guys could be really good so that there is a big poolmof mid card title talent

I'm still fully behind David Otunga as the United States Champion. Yeah, he's a little rough around the edges, but he's entertaining, memorable, improving, and would slot in as champion perfectly. They could very easily slot him in as Laurinaitis' hand picked champion, which would draw some major heat. Seriously, can you imagine the crowd reactions to the "People Power" champion, or something of that ilk? It would be ridiculous. Not only would that be good for Otunga -- as he'd finally get some significant singles action, with consquence -- but it would be good for the championship, as well. The person who would eventually beat Otunga would be SET as a face, just by beating him -- it would make the champion and the championship look somewhat important.

There are a few others I wouldn't mind seeing with the belt, like Sin Cara, a returning Ted DiBiase, or a re-tooled Tensai. Out of those three, though, DiBiase seems the most fitting. I understand he's been gone for a while and hasn't really established himself as much of a singles performer yet, but he gets good reactions and has what it takes to succeed -- he's someone the WWE could work with. DiBiase, as a face, could be a great United States Champion. The only problem would be getting the belt to him as a face, though he isn't an awful heel, either.

I like your tournement but heres mine:
The winner will not only be US champion but King of the Ring
Ryder vs Otunga= Otunga
Kidd:worship: vs Regal= Kidd
Swagger vs Ziggler= Ziggler ( after this Abraham Washinton comes down to offer Ziggler a contract and ziggler signs it with Vickie screaming)
Miz vs Tesnai= Tesnai
Slater vs Clay= clay
Khali vs Damien Sandow= Sandow ( afterwards khali is strecherd out)
Otunga vs Clay= Clay
Tesnai vs Ziggler= Tesnai
Sandow vs Kidd= Kidd
Triple Treat match at Summerslam
Kidd wins in a massive upset after he locks in the Sharpshooter onto tesnai. Afterwards the Hart Family comes down to congraculate him and place the Crown on his head.

What about Dean Ambrose? I'll probably catch some heat for this, but Ambrose will be debuting any day now and going over Santino for the U.S. title right out of the gate would be an instant heat-magnet. Ambrose could win just like Santino won the IC belt in his debut and claim he chose Santino first because the comedy act needs to end and wrestling should reign supreme.

Well, if they're going to unify the midcard belts (I don't think they should), then Cody should win the US title and his feud with Christian should culminate in a unification match at Summer Slam.
Otherwise, I'd give it someone who is going to make the belt relevant. Take Kane out of the WWE title picture and give him the US title on RAW. Yes, he doesn't need it but the WWE does. It would make the belt relevant again, then you can give it to some midcard scrub after that. You give it to some nobody now and you might as well kill it off.

Keep in mind, it's around the waist of a comedy jobber right now.

Honestly as much as I dislike him I think it should be David Otunga. He is JL's right hand man, and he has really improved his character in that role. I think he would be a good heel champion that could hold the title for a while. With the backing of JL he could hang on to the title often times cheating to keep it, and really get a lot of heat from the fans. I honestly think he could help the title out a lot along with testing the waters to see if he really can be a major player.

Great topic, as I've been wondering myself what'll be done with the U.S. title

**with Santino on the shelf by The Big Show Johnny L needs to step up the plate and do something with the U.S. Title .. declare it vacant or something. Santino's had the belt a little over 3 months and done virtually nothing with it.

**one of the arguments for not unifying the I.C & U.S. title is the WWE needs more title belts for the mid card talent to fight over, or that the titles need to be kept and legitimized

just do something, anything to get the title belt off of Santino. It's great that he gets a reaction, but I don't think you can say he really legitimizes the U.S. Belt

**maybe if Otunga loses the pre-show match to Brodus Clay .. have him beg to get into another match to prove himself and have Johnny force the injured Santino into having to defend his title vs Otunga

I would suggest it go to Jack Swagger. It will fit his All American American gimmick. They should have gave it to him when he came to Raw, though.

The guy I really would like to see win it, for a few reasons, is Del Rio.

My biggest reason is that I really enjoy watching Del Rio's matches but because he is a full fledged main eventer in the world title picture he has to get mic time and when he gets on the mic I usually put a loaded gun in my mouth, its that bad. If you put him in the role that Cody was as IC champ you can still have him challenge some main eventers from time to time but he doesn't have to get on the mic a lot and he will still get solid match time.

The other reason is because I have had this idea for a long time that I think would bring attention to both the US title and give Del Rio some actual heat and not just people booing because he has a mic. They can do an angle where he changes the name to the Mexican title and run with that for a little while so they can actually build him to main event status this time instead of forcing it with an unexpected Rumble win and cheap MITB cash in.

I would suggest it go to Jack Swagger. It will fit his All American American gimmick. They should have gave it to him when he came to Raw, though.

I used to feel that way. He could have referred to himself as "The All American American American United States Champion Champion". Then he got his reign and did absolutely nothing other than ruin Ryder's momentum. If they are going to put the belt on Swagger it could certainly work well with his gimmick, but they need to actually DO SOMETHING this time.

I'd say that anyone except Hornswoggle would be better than Santino at this point. Santino is a joke and should not be champion. He got his reward for the hard work he has put in as a comedy jobber by having held each midcard title and the tag team titles now. Take the belt off him and put it on someone who can actually be believable as a champion. For faces I would go with Ryder. It would help him regain his much needed momentum, and actually give him a lengthier reugn to help him get more established. As for heels, Otunga is a good candidate. It would help the belt seem more important again if the sidekick of the GM was wearing it, which would in turn help a face (Ryder maybe?) who stands up to the authority figures.

I kinda hate the US title now, at first when it was reintroduced I felt it was more prestigious then the IC title but now it's reversed and as funny as Santino is the longer he holds it the further the value dwindles.

I think it's less important of who holds it but of what they do with it. The title is meaningless if there is no feud for it. I feel since it was a WCW title originally Vince takes heart into bringing it into the toilet. What I would like to see is maybe Ryback get it after he just DESTROYS Santino and he could go on a lengthy reign. Also I would like a redesign of the belt it looks like a kid designed it. Even if they went back to this
WCWUS.jpg

it would be 10 times better

The next United States Champion will probably be The Miz. Expect him to get a push when he comes back from filming his movie, and take the United States Title off of Santino, just so he could start to recover from his burial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back