So Wrestlemania 31 is less than 4 weeks away

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey everyone, so the title is obviously the basis of this topic. The biggest show of WWE, Wrestlemania 31 is just about 4 weeks away and we have only 4 matches announced. Usually with WM being this close I would've thought they had almost the whole card lined up with maybe 1 or 2 to be announced still.

So here is the official card as of this Raw 3/2/15

1. WWE World Heavyweight Championship
(c) Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

2. Sting vs Triple H

3. Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Announced Competitors: (10 out of 30)
The Miz
Curtis Axel
Ryback
Fandango
Adam Rose
Zack Ryder
Jack Swagger
Titus O’Neil
Darren Young
Zack Ryder (Announced on wwe's facebook page today)

4. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Announced competitors: (6 out of ??)
(c) Bad News Barrett vs R-Truth
(After Raw tonight I'm sure we can add, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan)

Now I'm going to list what is obvious and what is most likely.

IF this ends up being the card or close to, what do you guys think of this being our Wrestlemania 31 card?

- Divas Championship
(c) Nikki vs Bri vs AJ Lee vs Paige

- US Championship
(c) Rusev w/Lana vs John Cena

- Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker

- Tag Team Championship
(c) Tyson Kidd, Cesaro w/Natalya vs The Usos w/Naomi

I really can't think of anything else being added realistically and that doesn't make me happy. Other than the Taker and Sting/HHH matches this seems like it could be any PPV card. I'm not happy about it, there is nothing that REALLY excites me other than Wyatt/Taker.

What do you guys think if this ends up being our WM card?

Not too excited about this year's Wrestlemania. The buildup has been very lackluster, and doesn't have that extravagence, nor does it feel special. It feels just like a regular PPV event.

You've got 3 of the top headliners, Brock, Sting, and Undertaker barely making an appearance on Raw ((rumor has it we might not even see Taker til Mania, Sting as well).

The Royal Rumble winner Roman Reigns who can't hold his own and deliver an engaging promo.

IMO, it's still missing that special something to signal to everyone, 'hey this is THE premier event.'

Anyway, with the 'slow burn' storyline going on on Raw, you can probably add Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton to the marque.

You'd think they were setting up for Fastlane not WrestleMania.

John Stewart has had a better shot at Rollins than Orton. Embarrassing.

I'm excited, having finally booked my flights to San Francisco at the weekend. It will be my 9th WM attended, but truth be told, I've not looked forward to one LESS so far. The only match that genuinely gets the juices flowing for me is the ladder match.

Maybe this is a good thing though. Maybe with low expectations I will actually really enjoy the show? I'm certainly not disappointed with the card so far (though I would assume the jobbers' battle Royal will be shunted to the pre-show), as Reigns-Lesnar, Wyatt-Undertaker and Triple H-Sting are all...interesting... But there's only one stand-out match for me so far.

Card just does not look that great... I'm sure Triple H will make Sting look alright, I'm not sure if Sting can go but I'm sure it'll be a longwinded punchfest. Still kind of interesting. Taker and Wyatt is only interesting to see what Taker looks like at this point, but it's going to be a man in his 50's beating a current top guy who is 28. Lesnar and Reigns... well, I see Lesnar probably just putting on a crappy show because he doesn't care and Reigns being Reigns. How did R-Truth snake his way into a ladder match when he typically wrestles on Main Event or Superstars? The rest seems to be what we'd see on any other pay per view other than the jobber battle royale.

Maybe I'm being negative, but this shows to me that WWE has holes in exciting young stars when you compare this to something like Wrestle Kingdom in Japan where you have 5 star matches back to back with hungry guys in their prime. I know the older guys may draw ticket sales, but this is the premiere wrestling event of the year and two of the main matches involve guys in their 50's.

Yes it's a very lacklustre show this year if that's the final card. More like a glorified RAW really. If Lesnar and Taker don't show up to at least challenge what Reigns and Wyatt are saying, then kiss the main event goodbye and well Taker always manages to make it special, Wyatt is the problem for me.

I think the show stealer will be the IC ladder match. If Ambrose is on top of his game, he should walk out the winner. He needs it more than Bryan does.

There has been a lot of wasted time this year in my opinion and a lot of missed opportunities. They should have reignited the feud between Ambrose and Rollins, and that would have been the match of the night. As it stands Rollins isn't even on the card yet, neither is Orton. With Orton acting like the stone in Rollins shoe the last few weeks, Rollins is going to snap and there you have another match.

We were going to go this year, glad I didn't spend the money the way it's shaping up.

Wait!! I never thought I would say this but this Monday night Raw I loved the John Cena Segment. That's what we call a good build up. Its really interesting and making me to wait for what's gonna happen the next week.

And also the build up for the Ladder match for IC title seems decently good as well. I don't mind about the main event but I'm pretty much happy with the WM 31 card!

Cheers!!

The card looks alright on paper but the build for it has been awful. Outside of Sting v Triple H I can't think of one match that they have built properly.

I mean does anyone care that much about seeing Undertaker beat Bryan Wyatt, particularly with Taker not actually being back yet to help build it? Daniel Bryan's position is genuinely disrespectful of him, Cena v Rusev is being built as your standard evil foreigner vs Murica match and Roman Reigns' main event babyface career is DOA due to creative. Lesner obviously leaving after Mania doesn't help matters.

The head of creative should be fired for this but obviously he'll just get another promotion.

Well, the card might seem pretty ordinary, but I think that's because it's so late in the game and they haven't solidified many of the details yet.

Where in hell is Undertaker? Has Sting really displayed a reason for wanting to fight Triple H, aside from holding a bat to Trips' throat? We're getting some idea from Roman Reigns what he thinks of fighting Brock, but we're getting more on how Seth Rollins' expected interference and MITB privileges might affect the proceedings. Meanwhile, what does Brock think about facing Roman, save what we've heard from Paul Heyman? ("Believe that!")

As to the rest of the card, while it seems like more of what we've been getting all along, they sound like pretty good match-ups. Plus, as I've been watching Wrestlemanias of the past in sequence (on the WWE Netw........oh, you know) the undercard at each Wrestlemania didn't look any better than this one, imo.

Look, there's time. There are 3 more Raw programs before the big event. Hopefully, we're in for an exciting month.....which include significant appearances by our three part-timers. Plus, the "Will John Cena be a part of WM31 saga" will continue.....yes, we know he'll be there but I have the feeling there's going to be a whole story behind his getting in.

Don't give up on the show. Most of us have the network and I doubt anyone is going to refuse to watch the show in protest, right?

Don't give up on the show. Most of us have the network and I doubt anyone is going to refuse to watch the show in protest, right?

Even though a lot of fans are complaining already about the card and the build towards it, I don't think most will refuse to watch the show. I'll be watching but I don't have this air of excitement that I've had in past years.

Nothing is jumping out at me and I'm not expecting much. So the way I look at it is, if anything great happens then it will be a bonus. I will say if I didn't have the Network I doubt I would be paying full price for this one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back