• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertakers Wrestlemania Streak. Who else?

Ghostboy259

Proud ROH Fanboy
Reading the title, i want to know who you think should have been added to the streak, and who you think will face him next year. I think the people (if they were still in the business) he could have defeated in the next years are:

-Booker T/King Booker
-Kurt Angle
-Bobby Lashley
-And last but not least, Chris Benoit. Think, the WWE can erase a Royal Rumble win, can they erase a victim of the Streak if Benoit got a chance to lose to the Undertaker?

The people i think he can face him in upcoming years:

-The Great Khali
-John Cena

Who do you think can contribute to the streak, and who do you wish could contribute to the streak?

Ew definitely not Khali..give this man a match where the opponent wrestles..Khali should never be in a WM until he can speak english and wrestle properly

Definitely Cena vs Taker...this should be Takers last match..just another great way to pass the torch..course Taker should win cause no one should beat the streak!

Other candidates: Chris Jericho-the superstar of the year should take a crack at the phenom. He simply deserves it!

Out of the people he could've beaten: Kurt is a great choice..its to bad they didnt fight after their bout at NWO for the WHC title..remember that..what an ending!

Its too bad Sting never came to the WWE. It would've been great seeing Sting and Taker face off one day...

for me, the streak will never end. they'll let him keep that as he goes into retirement. it's his legacy. to take that away would be stupid..

as far as people who should be next....

Cena for sure
Jericho
Edge
Angle

I don't think the streak is an actual draw per se. This year maybe, because the card was poor. But any other years there's been enough for Undertakers match to not really matter, or the card & his match has been shit.

I think the streak looks more impressive when he's gone over larger wrestlers. It's basically done to make a highlight package. I'd have had him face Kozlov this year, Khali last year and I'd pick a big ugly fucker for him to face next year.

i would have easily liked Kurt vs Taker at Mania that would have rocked the dam house.
better then Shawn and Taker more then likely.

Taker vs Bobby Lashely this would have been huge as well.

Brock Lesnar vs Taker they had matches but not at the big show.

people who are still here. well lets go easy ones.

Cena vs Taker historic passing of the torch.

Taker vs Y2J Chris is the best heel vs the best face.

Taker vs Jeff Hardy now listen these two put up a hell of a ladder match back in 2003 give it a chance. Taker may win but he could make Jeff look like gold.

Mike Knox is a big ugly f&^%er, who I guess is now on Smackdown. He could use a good fued... especially with someone who is not 4'10''... and 175 pounds... and ridiculous...

I totally agree with Jericho

Maybe MVP, Kennedy (if he ever gets to take advantage of a push), Swagger, Morrison... obviously this last group is a ways down the road... but I could see WWE letting any one of these guys break the streak... even though I agree that it shouldn't be broken, I am pretty sure that they will use that opportunity to give someone one of the biggest pushes ever... just please make it someone worthwhile (not Cena)

I'd love Vince to go to Sting and just say give me one Wrestlemania and you can face Taker.

I think that would be an amazing way for the Deadman to go out and for us to see Sting in the WWE.

It will prob end up being the Big Red Losing Machine though, zzzzzzzz

Chris Jericho of course. They`ve never had a feud before, so this would work perfectly.

I can easily see the following people being in line to face 'Taker at a future Wrestlemania:

1-Chris Jericho: who is my pick for next year's WM

2-John Cena: would be a huge match, but not as good quality as Y2J

3-HHH: it's been done before, but that's been several years ago--HHH has literally done everything but beat 'Taker at WM

4-John Morrison: I feel like he's about to begin a good push (at least 2 years down the road)

5-Ted Dibiase: (same as Morrison)

i'm trying to figure out what he meant by the Benoit thing. knowing Vince he'd probably have himself face the Undertaker for his last match for all the marbles. or Shane.

Ted Dibiase should be Taker's retirement match building on how Ted Dibiase Sr. started his career Dibiase Jr. will end it

It would have to be Jericho. He is the best heel and he would make great promos leading up to this match. While the Undertaker would obviously win, he would put on the best performance other than HBK. I would like to see Taker win the belt on this WM so that it would switch up the title picture, giving him one last run and having him retire at WM27 by winning and drop the belt. That would have him say he has nothing else more to accomplish

As much as I hate to say it because I'm really not a fan, I'd have to say I'd like to see Triple H and I'll explain why in a moment...

As far as match quality and who I'd LIKE to see in the match, Jericho is numero uno. I don't think they've ever even faced each other. My second choice would be Kane if they could make him a legit character again and throw the mask back on him. It would be like WrestleMania 14 all over again! My third choice here would be John Cena just because it's the streak vs the poster boy of the WWE... exciting.

Unfortunately it's looking like next year COULD be Taker's last WM so we probably won't be seeing all of these, so which match would be most exciting of all? The Undertaker vs Triple H and this is strictly because of politics. Anyone who doesn't live under a rock knows that Triple H is married to the bosses daughter and practically does what he wants, when he wants. Triple H is going to have himself break Ric Flair's title reign record and I could see him possibly wanting to be the man to end the Taker's streak. This is the only person I could see the WWE POSSIBLY ending the streak (god I hope not) so I would be going into this match for the first time in years having NO CLUE who's going to win! Thoughts?

Ted Dibiase should be Taker's retirement match building on how Ted Dibiase Sr. started his career Dibiase Jr. will end it

I don't think Dibiase Jr. should be his retirement match at WM, BUT I do think that Undertaker and Dibiase Jr. should fight at Survivor Series because that's the real place where Undertaker got his start in WWE. That's where that storyline could make a lot of sense.

Either member of Priceless would also be good so that he would pass the torch to a new star. I have a preference for Rhodes because he is a better wrestler.

I wanted Evan Bourne this year. The reasons are similar to why Jeff Hardy would be good plus the guy has more years left in him and he is not one strike away from a pink slip. Bourne or Rhodes should end the streak.

Who should have been added to the streak? i think The Rock and Austin because then he would have beaten EVERYBODY worth something at mania. Next should be John Cena. Cena vs Taker would be such a great match to watch, im sure they would work well together and Taker beating Cena would be a great end to his Career. I hope they dont waste his retirement match and they make it a moment to savor forever. Who else is there for Taker to face?

Firstly, I don't think the streak will be ended or at least I think it shouldn't be. 'Taker has went that long now undefeated at the event that for him to lose now would be a real kick in the teeth imo...I also don't think if it were to end that someone like Dibiase should do it. Yes, having a young talent do that would do wonders for their career but I think it is more important that 'Taker have a special sendoff...therefore, an established main eventer should be given the duty imo. Even, if the streak were not to end, I still think an established star should at least face him, i.e. Cena for example. Though, I wouldn't object to 'Taker v Kane 111 at 'Mania 26.

I don't like the guy and I don't want to see it happen but the only person on the WWE roster than any fan would even remotely think has a chance of beating 'Taker at 'Mania right now is John Cena. Cena gets enough high profile wins when all logic dictates that he should lose that I could see crazy Vince finally saying, "eff it" and 'Taker taps to that crappy version of the STF.

Jericho is the guy I want to see face 'Taker. Like everyone has said, 'Taker/Jericho is the only feud I can think of between two big names that have been around for a long time that has never happened. I wouldn't buy for a second that Jericho would have a chance of ending the streak but I know I'd be in store for a match that could potentially rival 'Taker/HBK.

Please not Kane. The streak shouldn't end and that poor man doesn't need to job three times at 'Mania to 'Taker. There are also better ways to give Kane one last push besides finally letting him beat 'Taker. This isn't Austin/Rock. I don't need closure by having Kane finally get one.

It's gonna be HHH whether we like it or not but how about the scenario of HHH telling the Taker that they need to know which of them is the King of the Hell in a Cell with the streak on the line?

I think the best candidates would have to be Jericho and Cena. Taker has never really had a major feud with either of these guys, I don't think he's ever had one with Jericho period. Jericho's schtick about being against the various legends of the industry fits in beautifully with an angle to end Taker's streak. At the same time, Cena is the face of the WWE and has been for the last several years. I'm not overly a fan of Cena, but I think he and Taker could have a good match.

I don't see the streak ending to be honest, and I honestly hope that it doesn't. It's become part of Taker's legacy and, the truth is, Vince doesn't really wanna see it end either. More than any other wrestler that's ever worked for him, Taker has been loyal to Vince almost to a fault and Vince is well aware of it. I disagree with the comment that the streak hasn't been a draw at WM, although I agree that it's certainly been a bigger draw some years than others depending on who the opponent is. The primary reason I order WM is to see if the streak ends.

As to Triple H, it's a distinct possibility that he could be next. They had a pretty good feud going with each other back in 2001, though Taker has already beaten him at WM. That could kind of take some of the anticipation and build up away from a match between them. In terms of a one on one match, no elimination chambers or triple threat matches or anything to that degree, I don't think Triple H has a one on one victory over Taker. It's kind of a toss up I guess now that I think about it. If the WWE were to handle it right, it could be great.

for me, the streak will never end. they'll let him keep that as he goes into retirement. it's his legacy. to take that away would be stupid..

as far as people who should be next....

Cena for sure
Jericho
Edge
Angle

Why would it be stupid to tale his "legacy" away..

All good things must come to an end.

I believe it would set up Cena in a massive way. Talk about old school fans already hating Cena....This would elevate him in a huge way! Make it for a title, even make it for the undisputed title, champion vs champion, taker vs cena. Cena walks away with the win that will be his legacy and has refreshed his career, and see how the fans react and play off that.

i'm thinkin undertaker vs. john cena in a hell in the cell match would be an awesome way to go out! the undertaker will go all out and cena is getting better by the day so they could definately pull something special off together.

i'm trying to figure out what he meant by the Benoit thing.

What i meant is That if you look at the Royal Rumble winners, you will see 2003 and 2005, but no 2004, because that was the year benoit won. Can you imagine if Undertakers streak was somthing like:

Number 14-Someone
Number 16-Someone

I ,for one, would not like that.

Now. Jericho? Completly forgot about him.

HHH: it's been done before, but that's been several years ago--HHH has literally done everything but beat 'Taker at WM

Thinking about it during school, because school isn't as important as wrestling forums, seeing Triple H spas about being Heel and failing at beating the Undertaker .:undertaker2:

Peace out.

I don't think the streak is an actual draw per se. This year maybe, because the card was poor. But any other years there's been enough for Undertakers match to not really matter, or the card & his match has been shit.

I think the streak looks more impressive when he's gone over larger wrestlers. It's basically done to make a highlight package. I'd have had him face Kozlov this year, Khali last year and I'd pick a big ugly fucker for him to face next year.

I agree... but I disagree.

The streak ITSELF has NEVER been a draw to purchase or watch WM. It's the matches that have been given to Taker the last few years are what have made the streak a little more impressive each year. The last three years, Taker has had 3 great/amazing matches at Mania over Batista, Edge, and HBK. Even his casket match with Mark Henry was decent for being paired up against Mark Henry. I mean he's not exactly the most exciting guy to watch. So I'd never say his matches never mattered except maybe in the first couple Manias.

As far as the streak looking more impressive going over large wrestlers, I couldn't disagree more. You don't think it's impressive with Taker beating HBK and not being Khali? Taker beating Edge and not Kozlov? Taker beating Batista and not Ezekiel Jackson? C'mon. If you're going to compare his matches to what are impressive and not impressive... wouldn't it look better when Taker is constantly going over guys who have held many many World Titles than a big guy like Khali who Taker could probably take out his legs and have him on the ground in less time than it would take Khali to even turn around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back