• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertakers Wrestlemania Streak. Who else?

First of all, the streak should win. Just because everyone SHOULD go out on their back.

There answer for me:
-CM Punk: WWE has faith in him, and if Punk is a heel at the top of the card then this will be a lot of fun.
-Chris Jericho: I don't think Jericho would stand a chance at victory, but I'm shocked these two have yet to feud. Given that Jericho's current character is the strongest in the E, it needs to happen eventually.
-John Cena: Have him put Taker down at Mania. Passing the torch to the best wrestler in the world today is the best way to go out.

Jericho has never wrestled Taker, so I would go with him. But i wouldn't mind seeing him go against Kane again...

Considering Taker has the power backstage that I assume he has, because of all he's done and been through for WWE, he more than likely determines most of what goes with his matches and storylines. And if you're asking who he'll most likely go against for his last Mania match, it would probably be Kane. They've worked together multiple times and I remember reading an article on WrestleZone a while back saying that if Taker wanted anyone to break the streak, he'd want it to be Kane. If all that is true, then I can see no other person facing him for his last match, There's a lot of history with them so they could easily sell any storyline, as they know how to work with each other. Nobody seems to care for Kane much anymore, but I think he could give Taker one good last match.

As for someone he hasn't faced... I really can't say. Possibly Jericho, not Cena, maybe Kozlov, hopefully not Khali (that'd just be rude for last match), but I really don't know. Why not just go 3-0 versus Kane? It's the easiest way to go.

it wont be hhh. hhh will be shawns last mania opponent, considering hbk does go through with his claim of wrestlemania 26 being his last match. as for taker, i say hogan comes back for one more mania match. now theres something to think about.

Ok, I've seen this many times over. What exactly does "passing the torch" to Cena accomplish? We've got Taker with a timeless gimmick that has had THE most longevity than any other angle in wrestling history. Dark, creepy, menacing...you get the idea. On the other hand we have John Cena. What's his gimmick? Oh yeah that's right...."the champ is here". Cena isn't fit to polish Taker's boots when it comes to selling an angle and making the fans believe it. There is no passing the torch on a thing like this, Cena will never accomplish what Taker has and that's becoming one of the most dominant players in the history of the WWE. Hate me if you want, but this is like comparing Arch Enemy to Hannah Montana people. It doesn't make any damn sense.

As far as the streak goes, I'd like to see Taker square off with Umaga, Ezekiel Jackson, or Jack Swagger in the near future. Umaga to fall into the plethora of "monsters" that have fallen victim to the streak. Ezekiel just because I think he has potential to become a legit big man in the near future and working with one of the best big men in the business would do him some good. Jack Swagger? Well, I just like the thought of anyone kicking the ungodly hell out of the guy. Even if it is scripted, I don't like Swagger and I would love to see him get buried at WM by the Deadman.

As far as the streak looking more impressive going over large wrestlers, I couldn't disagree more. You don't think it's impressive with Taker beating HBK and not being Khali? Taker beating Edge and not Kozlov? Taker beating Batista and not Ezekiel Jackson? C'mon. If you're going to compare his matches to what are impressive and not impressive... wouldn't it look better when Taker is constantly going over guys who have held many many World Titles than a big guy like Khali who Taker could probably take out his legs and have him on the ground in less time than it would take Khali to even turn around.

No I don't. The HBK match might've delivered better than a match with Kozlov. But in a highlights package Kozlov would look more impressive. When you look at it next year it'll be a 5 second shot of Undertaker defeating a skinny guy who's nearly a foot shorter than him.

He should go 20-0 (if he can last 3 more years) and his last 3 opponents in this order should be Jericho, Jeff Hardy, John Cena. With Cena coming the absolute closest to beating him. I hate Cena's gimmick, and boo him to hell, but when paired with the right person his matches are awesome. Taker is that right person.

For me I see Undertaker retiring at 20-0 which should happen,why make him loose? Lets see, Taker isn't really that good in the ring but can put on some good matches but they have to be good enough. For example he has had good matches with Angle and Edge, but has failed with HHH and Big Show.

So next year I hope he faces Umaga while he can still do something in the ring. People say Umaga is good in the ring so he could put on a good match with Taker but I fail to see it, but I believe that next years card will be to big to even care about matches like these so it doesn't really matter.

Some other people he could face at Mania are; Legacy (would be just like Big Show/A train except with a better match coming with Legacy), Chris Jericho/John Cena ( People are just hyping this to much no to put it here), Matt Hardy ( yes, it would be an ok match) and CM Punk ( Why not, would be a huge match for CM).

Taker's matches with Edge are way overrated... Sorta like most Edge matches.

I agree, though, that Taker brings the goods only when necessary. I just don't think a guy who as been around as long as him, taking as much time off as him, and on the receiving end of as much protective booking as him deserves anything other than to go out on his back.

Why Cena? You don't want to give it to a guy who is too new because of the Lashley/Lesnar/Angle situations. Don't give new guys too much too fast so that it goes to their heads and they leave. Give somebody who will be with the company for a few years the big win.

Cena, the best wrestler walking God's green Earth, is a good choice.

If they are really serious about Punk, I wouldn't mind that.

Umaga is a dream choice. As well as dream MITB winner. And dream world title holder. I just don't think they're that serious about him any more.

The best match would def. be sting vs taker, but i see a brother vs. brother match to be takers last.

Personally id like to see something along the lines of taker and kane have another brother that was trapped in the house fire and both thought he had died with their parents. This allows Paul Bearer to make a return to the WWE saying that ever since undertaker tried to make him Rest In Peace at the Great American Bash he has been looking for a way to send him to hell. Paul says he has looked in takers past and kane wasn't his only brother who was trapped in the house fire. This allows another monster heel to debut with the company. I think it should start around Backlash after Wrestlemania 26 and have a 4-6 month build up to the debut. This would be really cool maybe even screw taker out of the title like Kane did and possibly give him mask to add to the mystique.

It is a reused concept but it worked wonders for the WWE and it was like 10 yrs ago so i think it has been long enough. This would be a great fued which can end at Wrestlemania 27. This will build a new monster and allows for some new fueds and matches to occur.

what do you think?

No matter who 'taker faces, the streak cannot be broken. the streak is 'taker's legacy and to break it would be a major mistake. If there would be any "passing of the torch" to another wrestler, it would have to be at another ppv and not at 'Mania.

If one streak is Taker's only legacy after twenty years in that company with the booking he's received, he doesn't deserve a legacy.

Taker has a great career to fall back on. He doesn't need the streak.

Former wrestlers I feel that should or could have contributed to the Undertaker WM streak are Austin, Rock, Bret Hart, Lesnar, and Angle. I know that none of these will ever happen for obvious reasons so now I'm hoping for a few more acceptable opponents to contribute to the Undertaker WM streak. I agree 100% that John Cena and Chris Jericho should definitely fall victim to the Undertaker before he decides to retire. I also hope that the Undertaker sticks it out until he is 20-0. I will say I'm a bit torn on Shawn Michaels being Undertaker's WM opponent for the year's WM. I think it was a good choice due to a weak card and it being the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania. However, I think the Undertaker's opponent this year should have been Vladimir Kozlov. WWE should have kept Kozlov undefeated in singles action since he already beat the Undertaker and then they should have had Kozlov beat HBK to qualify to face off with the Undertaker at WM25, thus have the banner "Streak vs. Streak". I don't think this match would have been a very memorable Undertaker WM victory (i.e. Giant Gonzalez, King Kong Bundy, Big Show/A-Train) but I still think it would have made a little more sense than Undertaker/HBK. Additionally, I think the Undertaker v. HBK WM match should have been the last one in the Undertaker's WM streak making it 20-0 (if Undertaker and HBK could make it a few more years). Now back to the topic, future contributors to the Undertaker streak aside from obvious choices like Jericho and Cena could be Mr. Kennedy (if he can stay healthy long enough to have a decent program) or someone like Kozlov or Umaga.

Does anyone else think they should make this WM streak a true spectacle? Perhaps hold a tournament of wrestlers who would compete to face the Undertaker at WM every year. The man who dethrones Taker of his spot at WM will be the person who retires him. Taker retires from wrestling if he loses at WM. A tournament wouldn't be that bad, and I think it would be interesting to see who they would put over to fight Taker.

I would totally freak the **** out if someone started playing mind games with The Undertaker out of nowhere & come to find out Vince had finally gotten STING to do just 1 Wrestlemania match with The Undertaker !!!!!!!

Sting has stated himself that this year was gonna be his last year as a full-time wrestler & that he still had one dream match that he'd like to do....
He said that he'd love to do a dream match with The Undertaker ...... but didn't want to go to the WWE ......

Could you imagine the build-up ..... the staredown ......OMG .....

The Undertaker vs Sting
Wrestlemania XXVI

Taker should leave with the streak unless they go the Kane route. But only if they take Kane and give him a makeover to the old school kane...Mask, old music, not talking much, the head tilt a la Michael Myers, and totally destroying anyone and everyone. Build him up to the monster he was when we first got to see him and then have him beat Taker to get a great rub and one last push for one of WWE's most loyal guys.
If they dont do it that way then he should and could face Jericho, Cena, Punk maybe but the one guy I would love to see in a match vs Taker at WM would be Kurt Angle! And by all accounts and rumors it is entirely possible. That would be a showstealing match for the ages. I would have Kurt lose and keep the streak alive as it would not hurt Kurt at all to lose to Taker and would be great for the streak to stay alive. The only reason I would have the other guys lose to taker and have Kane win is because to me its the only person and story that makes sense. Its his Brother and reason he came to the WWE was to face Taker, Taker has always been the most dominant monster in the biz and Kane has been the scary but not as scary little bro but has always been loyal as hell, it would be the final grudge match and give Kane a much deserved push and wouldnt hurt taker at all except a blemish on the record. Im not saying by any means that I want Taker to lose cuz I dont...Im just saying if he does thats the only way it should happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back