• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker's role

Fling_a_thong

Dark Match Winner
i looked all over the search and could not find any thread on this so forgive if its been done. thread is simple. anyone ever wonder what undertaker's role in the company would be when he retired? would he be an agent? a mentor? part of the creative team?

on an even bigger question, where would he be when vince should past away or retire and triple H takes over?

in my opinion, i think he would stick around for a little bit as a mentor and and agent (no idea if he is good at creative standpoint), then eventually get driven out of the company by triple h. i know that people are 50/50 on the forums when it comes to triple H and his backstage politics. triple H as a wrestler and as a person great, but as a leader, eh. i have a feeling they are going to butt heads soon because of egos and power.

ive come across this report
http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/10273

this led me to believe that
A) he will only push who he likes and bury those who didnt,

B) he is somewhat threatened by the undertaker and his influence. dont know if its jelousy or something. the undertaker is seen as a backstage leader and a "father" and is well respected where as triple H is seen as a leader that shoved down and is feared instead of respected.

thoughts?

I don't think Undertaker will ever "retire". I mean, how can his character retire unless he breaks kayfabe? Something he only does when the camera stops rolling, and I've only seen him do once in the last few years which was when he hugged Ric Flair. And no, him squaring up to Brock doesn't mean he broke kayfabe, it was outside the ring and WWE.

I think he'll just disapper, to return every once in a while to have a match. Will he be a trainer? He could be. Mark Calloway is one of the best striker in professional wrestling, he does some great stuff as well. Like the Gogoplata.

As for him and Triple H. I can't see those reports being true. Mark has been there since the early '90's. Triple H arrived mid '90's. Mark has been one of the biggest stars WWE have ever had, he won't be replaced. Triple H is a big Superstar, but I can see him being replaced. Hes been gone for the last nine months and WWE hasn't been that affected.

Undertaker means more to WWE and wrestling than Triple H. No matter what Paul Levesque thinks.

I'm going to speak on HHH; then I'll address Taker's role. HHH has always been an asshole, even biggot. Triple H plays a heel so well because he's just being himself, especially when he made a mockery of the Nation of Domination by painting himself black. Several times I've watched Triple H on TV and felt that he crossed racial and cultural bounderie that shouldn't have been crossed. Don't be fooled by the smiles you see on Trip when he's posing for Make-A-Wish. The guy's an asshole and only cares about himself.

As far as Taker's role, I hope he's placed as checks-and-balances to Triple H's authority--although I would rather Shane come back. Taker will probably retire and show up as often as Stone Cold, Piper, and all the other greats.

well technically levesque doesnt have the balls to fire taker. Y?

cuz the entire staff wud resign before he did and by entire staff i mean not just the roster but EVVEEERRRYYYY one in involved frm lighting to prodcution to creative team.

although i thnk ppl r a bit too harsh on levesque cuz he slept with the bosses daughter. this new initiative hes taking abt jim ross being in charge for scouting talent. and giving undiscovered wrestlers a shot is an extremely good idea and somethng the wwe needs right now.

who knows he might turn out fine. cuz backstage ppl r happy with him frm wat i read in all the reports.

and i dont thnk shane is coming back anytime soon. he wanted to distance himself frm the company for a long time and i thnk hel only come back after a decade of working elsewhere to finally do wat he was meant to.

I think Undertaker will always be part of the WWE (of Course).

Eventually, he will retire....I think when he does, he will call it a quits for good.
- This guy has traveled the world for over 20 years, I think he needs a break.
He will take alot of time off to focus on his personal life. I can see him making more appearances on WWE TV down the road when ever that may be.

- I honestly think he will remain in full capacity until Wrestlemania 30. He will have his retirement match in MSG. Have a huge celebration and always be part of the business.

- As we speak, he has no plans on leaving anytime soon, hes 44 years old, Terry Funk is older than him and still goin at it, Sting is 51 and still goin at it.

The only way for him to really retire is to hang up the boots after losing a WM match. and that will never happen (or at least it shouldn't) therefore his character can pretty much live forever and when those chimes and bells go off in an arena, the place will erupt.

1st off HHH.. The article you have there is from 2008, and I will say this there is a huge difference in the HHH from the start of his career to now.

In the past Paul Levesque's life, and ability to provide for his family has depended on the sucess and appeal of the Hunter Hearst Hemsley character, he is a guy who did anything to make sure that character didn't take an unnecessary hit, and took a lot of heat, and had a lot of rumors about himself being an asshole ect. Now he has been put in a position where the HHH character no longer makes him money, his success depends directly on the companys success, he's not an indpendant contractor anymore. I think that means you will see a massive change in his approach to young talent. He might not be any less of an asshole, but his goals in life has changed, and he makes more money by helping get the young talent over, as opposed to getting himself over.

Undertaker will always be around in some form, Mark Calloway will most definatly have a spot waiting for him behind the scenes, weather it's a legends contract, or some sort of trainer.

I think backstage heat + Politcking are somewhat dead in the WWE in todays day and age. It's not a wrestling company anymore, its a multi-billion dollar entertainment corporation. It's a whole different monster, and the guys who lived through the age of wrestling where it was everyone for themselves, are starting to adapt to the new enviorment.

If HHH was to take over WWE after Vince leaves, then he would be stupid to let Mark Calloway leave the company.
HHH knows that Calloway is arguably the only person in all of wrestling to care about the industry as much as he does (without being a McMahon)

HHH is smart with the business, as proven by his plans to reform the WWE Developmental system. He's also smart enough to realise who's worth keeping around. It really wouldn't surprise me if he were to appoint Calloway to a position on the writing staff, maybe even chief writer for SD.

I Think That The Undertaker will probably start in a backstage role, he could offer so much to the younger superstars and from all accounts he seems like one of the more likeable characters backstage. I really couldn't see him doing much else at this point.

The one other point (may seem irrelavant) is i don't see him doing anything else besides a backstage role in the near future anyway, as he's married to Michelle Mccool and as i don't see her career taking a sudden end i think that would be the natural progression for the Deadman

On a side note regarding HHH, as some posters have said, although he may seem like a ass i don't think he is a stupid businessman and it would be smart to keep him around.

This is something HHH said in a recent interview about how the lockerroom is now. Its too different with all the new guys. Its just not the same. Now its just me and Undertaker (completely ignoring Kane, Goldust, Big Show, etc). And he pointed out he didn't really like it. And believe it or not, HHH was the #1 reason Kevin Nash came back to WWE. Must had been really persuasive. I'm assuming its because he wants more veterans back stage. So even if HHH hated the Undertaker, my gut tells me that HHH would not fire him because he wouldn't risk losing another veteran backstage, especially someone as influential as the Undertaker. Plus, would HHH seriously be dumb enough to fire the guy that helps WWE draw in fans?

Taker co-owns a real estate business outside of his wrestling career, so i imagine he'd probably do more to be involved in that instead of hanging around to help out 'the future of the business'. Then again there's always the extreme possibility that that will fall through and he'd have to rely on a backstage job for WWE.

As for HHH, i'm not going to comment on his past or even his tendancy to squash new talent for the sake of his own ego, but purposely trying to get rid of Taker? Now? When he's literally going to be the top of the food chain below only Vince and Steph? There's no need to fuck the other veterans over like that.

Getting rid of a 20+ year veteran just because you don't like him, when the up and comers are as 'poor' as people say they are, is just not smart business is it, and if there's one thing HHH obviously is, it's a smart businessman.

There's got to be respect on both sides anyway. Back when HBK was a drugged up mess, Taker used to give them both a lot of shit for their fucked up behaviour back in 97-98, and while HBK might not have always listened, HHH seemed to always stand up and take notice (in fact, it's a HHH anicdote that i base this statement on), so i doubt we'd end up getting a 'WWE's biggest politicker vs WWE's most loyal employee' situation backstage ever.

I mean if plans go the way they're apparently going to for WM, how could you suspect that HHH is going to fuck Taker over when it comes to his retirement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back